The Education Forum

Vincent Pivall/David Morales

I was wondering if anyone can add meat to the bones of the following.

Charles Siragusa supposedly told Jack Anderson that around 1960, he was approached by an Agency man named Vincent Thill and it was suggested that Siragusa (given his past investigative roles) recruit Mob hitmen for Agency use. Thill claimed he was in contact with CIA people Sheffield Edwards, James Angelton and John Mertz.

Harold Meltzer (associate of Meyer Lansky) was apparently one considered for this assignment.

It has also been noted on another forum thread that an Agency man by the name of Vincent Pivall was singled out in a Rip Robertson report for outstanding service during the overthrow of Arbenz in Guatemala.

I am wondering if Vincent Pivall could be Vincent Thill? I hold the opinion that Vincent Pivall was in fact David Morales. Pivall, Thill, kind of sounds the same.

Maybe I'm just grabbing at straws. I would be interested in any opinions or additional information.

Cheers,

James

It has also been noted on another forum thread that an Agency man by the name of Vincent Pivall was singled out in a Rip Robertson report for outstanding service during the overthrow of Arbenz in Guatemala.

James

there is a link to Vincent C. Pivall

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ho/frus/ike/guat/20181.htm

concerning his engagement in Guatemala. The part is about in the mid section of the page:

Recommendations for all field personnel considered as having performed in an efficient manner are being presented in separate reports. I wish at this time, however, to place in the body of this report my personal opinion that the key man to the success of this project is Vincent C. Pivall.

Pivall's firm adherence to orders enabled LINCOLN to rely on the fact that plans were being carried out within the realm of possibility and that Principal Agent attempts to alter those plans were minimized. The preservation of KUBARK interests was considered a solemn duty by Pivall and it showed up in the results of his work.

His professional knowledge and direct manner of dealing with the indigenous personnel gained him, and KUBARK, their respect and spirit of camarade necessary to good guidance on operations of this type.

In addition, Pivall's analytical and objective thinking and reporting spotted for LINCOLN many defects in the old Calligeris organization, useful in planning the operation.

It is recommended that his services would be valuable in a KUHOOK staff position within WHD if he is to remain in WHD. If released from WHD, it is recommended that KUHOOK staff consider him for training assignments or a field project assignment after completing a KUHOOK training course at [place not declassified].

George

Good stuff, George.

That is part of the Rip Robertson report. He sure liked the way Pivall went about his business. In my opinion, Pivall is most likely David Morales.

FWIW.

James

James,

Excellent work as usual!

I would be a little cautious in the workings of Siragusa. Jack Anderson passed on a number of items that were told under the table that he had no way of confirming and Siragusa using him for this information makes me lean toward a disinfo channel without Anderson knowing it, along with several other pieces Anderson released. Siragusa was in a position to access organized crime, but he was also in a position to access those who were trained and ready to do the job through the government. Look at where he went later in life.

I do agree that Pivall looks good for Morales.

Just my opinion...

Al

James,

Excellent work as usual!

I would be a little cautious in the workings of Siragusa. Jack Anderson passed on a number of items that were told under the table that he had no way of confirming and Siragusa using him for this information makes me lean toward a disinfo channel without Anderson knowing it, along with several other pieces Anderson released. Siragusa was in a position to access organized crime, but he was also in a position to access those who were trained and ready to do the job through the government. Look at where he went later in life.

I do agree that Pivall looks good for Morales.

Just my opinion... (Al Carrier)

Thanks, Al. I do tend to agree regarding Siragusa. For me, Meltzer still falls under a person of interest.

Speaking of Siragusa, there was a movie made in the mid 1970's titled, 'Lucky Luciano'. It was this Italian/American co-production where Charles Siragusa actually played himself. He's not a bad actor even though the film itself was fairly pedestrian.

I'm sure David Phillips being the frustrated thespian was secretly annoyed that Siragusa got an opportunity to strut his acting stuff on film. :D

If you haven't seen the movie, check it out.

James

I know I've written about this in the past, but what's interesting about Pivall is that he was a paramilitary man who discovered that an undercover operative had left important papers behind in his (Honduran?) apartment. This undercover operative was subsequently reprimanded. The only key man in the Guatemalan operation removed after the operation was underway, and who was subsequently denied attendance at the party thrown by Eisenhower and Nixon... E. Howard Hunt. Morales earned his stripes by ratting out Hunt.