The Education Forum

Dallas in 2013

November 22 is always about a week or less before the U.S. national holiday known as Thanksgiving, which is on the fourth Thursday of November. This year, November 22 is on a Tuesday, and Thanksgiving is on the following Thursday, two days later. Because of the proximity of these two important dates, I've never been able to go to Dallas on November 22 due to family obligations (my household is responsible for cooking the annual Thanksgiving dinner for the extended family). So looking ahead on the calendar, I'm trying to figure out a good year for me to make a one time break with family tradition and finally be in Dallas on November 22. Well, it looks like 2013 is the year! 2013 will be the 50th anniversary of the assassination and November 22 that year falls on a Friday - I think that's significant. So barring some unforeseen circumstances, see you all in Dallas in 2013!

Roger

John, that thought had indeed crossed my mind. But perhaps he will make his confession to a Catholic priest bound to keep it confidential.

(I did not articulate my thought for fear of being convicted of hijacking a thread.)

But perhaps Castro feels he has nothing to confess in that regard since he was only acting to save his own life.

Don't you wish we could learn the crimes to which Rosselli confessed when he saw the priest a few months before his murder? If he indeed was a player, the JFK assassination must have been one of them. If so, what a burden for that priest to bear.

At least Trafficante confessed to his lawyer who was not above using his former client's confession to help sell his book.

Edited by Tim Gratz

I was going to make a comment about "solving the case" under the Jim Leavelle thread, but I didn't want to appear to hijack THAT thread. But one cannot be accused of hijacking one's own thread, right? So here goes.

When people find out that I'm interested in the Kennedy assassination, the number one question, and for the most part the only question, I'm asked is: Who do YOU think did it? Well, I can honestly say that I don't know, and I don't think the case will be solved in my lifetime. Now, that's no reason to despair, lose interest or abandon the case. Life is full of mysteries and we'll never have all the answers. The Kennedy assassination is the greatest murder mystery of all time. And like a great mystery novel that you can snuggle up to each night, I'm not ready for it to end. Besides, I'm a little apprehensive that the denouement will be a disappointment. The journey may turn out to be more satisfying than the destination.

Roger

The Kennedy assassination is the greatest murder mystery of all time. And like a great mystery novel that you can snuggle up to each night, I'm not ready for it to end. Besides, I'm a little apprehensive that the denouement will be a disappointment. The journey may turn out to be more satisfying than the destination.

Roger

Hi Roger

Well I still believe the identity of Jack the Ripper is the greatest mystery of all time, but that's just according to my own predelictions. Will JFK's murder ever be solved? Just like the case of Jack, perhaps not. Actually here are the cases of TWO JACKS that probably will not be solved. Inasmuch though as the JFK murder probably involved a conspiracy, and Jack the Ripper most likely involved a conspiracy of ONE, I think the JFK murder might be more likely to be solved, and perhaps in our lifetime.

As I think the topic of The Greatest Mystery of All Time is interesting in itself, I have started a new thread separate to this Dallas in 2013 thread.

All my best

Chris

Edited by Christopher T. George