The Education Forum

If you could ask one living witness anything..

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I would ask Bowers exactly WHO ran him off the road in Ranger that day. It could very easily be the connecting piece. Of course, he's one of the few witnesses I haven't talked with for obvious reasons. I've asked all my otehr question. :D

-C

I think I would ask Bowers exactly WHO ran him off the road in Ranger that day. It could very easily be the connecting piece. Of course, he's one of the few witnesses I haven't talked with for obvious reasons. I've asked all my otehr question. :D

-C

[/quote

Hi Nic,

Since you have restricted your question to LIVING witnesses, that really narrows it

for us doesn't it?

I would like to ask Gerald Ford many questions, and have him answer with the truth as to :why he pardoned Nixon, why he and Warren would not take Ruby to Dallas, what he thought Ruby meant by "a whole new form of government is going to take over our country and I will not be alive to see it' (paraphrased).

I'd like to ask darlin arlin why he still stands by the magic bullet theory.

I'd like to ask Geraldo, who was the first to show the Zapruder film on tv in 1975, why he has abandoned us....and the truth of this case. (That's an easy one tho: to further his career, which he ovbiously has).

Dawn

being a rebellious sort of chap inclined to dis obedience without meaning any disrespect to you Nic,

I'd ask Harry D. Holmes (RIP) :

Who was with you in the office that day watching the motorcade?

What were you looking for on the plaza when you picked up and discarded the piece of bone?

Did you know H.L. Hunt personally? Bookhout? You lived near them so perhaps you met them around there sometime?

Were you asked to prolong the interview so Ruby could get there?

Did you see the Backyard photos in Oswalds mail?

When did you become aware that Oswald was receiving mail from the Soviet Union?

Did you report this directly to Dulles or Helms, or did you pass this on to your boss in Washington?

How come when communications went haywire you managed to keep an open line to your boss in Washington?

When the motorcade went behind the trees around the perisstyle did you look up from your binoculars and look at the TSBD?

Why did you perjure yourself in the WC with regards to Post office regulations?

Who approached you to become an FBI informer and when?

While illegally opening mail did you become aware of details of other people around Dallas. If so, who and what?

When did the thought occur to you (in your own words) that the TSBD would be a good place to take a crack at the president?

Were you aware that Ruby was watching the motorcade from the corner of the Postal Annex?

Who rang you to check about reports that shots had been fired from the Post Office?

Why would they take your word for there not being any and never mention it again?

Who were the staff that you questioned about this?

Please supply a full list of all personel working in the Post office.

Who was your contact in the FBI?

From when were you aware of the Motorcade route?

Was the route changed to keep the Limousine as far away from the Post Office as possible because there had been a leak about possible assassination attempt?

Hi Nic-

I'd ask Fidel how he managed to blow President Kennedy's head off in broad daylight on the streets of Dallas in one of the most troubling and violent episodes in our nation's history, and suffer nary a consequence from the world's most powerful and militaristic nation. Heck, he splattered one of our most popular (by today's polls) president's brains all over his constituency, and he didn't even make George's "Axis of Evil" list. That's pretty good. We've certainly effected "regime change" in other sovereign nations for a lot less.

OK, so I guess I took this thread there. My bad. Tim, before you start composing a long post, I'm just kidding around.

I guess I'd narrow it down to E Howard Hunt, George HW Bush, and Ruth Paine. They would be my top three. Problem is, they still aren't telling what they know and they appear to be ready to take their respective secrets to the grave. The key to getting answers from people who don't wish to provide them is leverage. Of course, then you're into a dangerous game.

I think the questions one would ask people like this would mostly be obvious to those in this forum. And the list of WHO would certainly be easy enough to compile. The real question is HOW you'd get them to tell you something that they have in the past declined to reveal. This is where we need some genius.

Having said all that, someone who was close to Dave Morales back in those Miami days would be high on the list. I'm really looking forward to Brad Ayers' book coming out this Fall.

Over and Out. :D

I guess I'd narrow it down to E Howard Hunt, George HW Bush, and Ruth Paine. They would be my top three. Problem is, they still aren't telling what they know and they appear to be ready to take their respective secrets to the grave. The key to getting answers from people who don't wish to provide them is leverage. Of course, then you're into a dangerous game.

What questions would you ask, though? If you could sit down with them right now, what questions would you ask?

I'd ask Robert Maheu how much Hughes paid him to have Kennedy killed, just to see his response.

I'd ask Howard Hunt what the Chief of Covert Operations for the Domestic Operations Division really did.

I'd ask Gerald Ford what reason was given by Earl Warren for forbidding the doctors and Specter from even looking at the x-rays.

I'd ask Specter why he failed to tell the WC that the autopsy photo he saw contradicted the Rydberg drawings he submitted to depict the President's wounds.

I'd ask Dr. Finck and Dr. Boswell, (who I believe are still living) what was discussed between January 20th and January 26th 1967 to get them to sign the so-called "military review" which includes several outright lies.

I'd ask the same men what Carl Eardley told them while briefing them on the Clay Shaw trial.

I'd ask Ethel Kennedy what her husband really thought of the Warren Commission, and what Bobby did with his brother's brain.

I'd ask Ted Kennedy what he really believes happened.

But, if I had to narrow it down to one:

I'd ask Caroline Kennedy to have her father's body exhumed and inspected by a team of doctors picked by the family, with no connection to the government.

Edited by Pat Speer

I'd ask Fidel how he managed to blow President Kennedy's head off in broad daylight on the streets of Dallas in one of the most troubling and violent episodes in our nation's history, and suffer nary a consequence from the world's most powerful and militaristic nation. Heck, he splattered one of our most popular (by today's polls) president's brains all over his constituency, and he didn't even make George's "Axis of Evil" list. That's pretty good. We've certainly effected "regime change" in other sovereign nations for a lot less.

Heh- just because Fidel can run a Mickey D's doesn't mean he could arrange this. And let's also remember he has a strange problem with walking and gravity. Funny thing, that.

And I don't think Fidel was there. Nor E. Howard Hunt. Nor any of the other Washington ghosts. Nixon maybe. I heard he was having a Pepsi and hurt his knee is some Rugby accident involving a briefcase and a limo bumper. BUT, I think there were about a hundred no name people like Hill, Bowers, Moorman, Hoffman. I am REALLY curious about what people would ask THOSE people if they were alive and those that ARE alive. See, Nic and I have access to most of 'em. Maybe with all of us together, we can ask the "right" questions. I THINK that was what Nic was getting into but I'm not trying to speak for her. Forgive me if I'm wrong Nic.

-C :D

I'd ask Robert Maheu how much Hughes paid him to have Kennedy killed, just to see his response.

I'd ask Howard Hunt what the Chief of Covert Operations for the Domestic Operations Division really did.

I'd ask Gerald Ford what reason was given by Earl Warren for forbidding the doctors and Specter from even looking at the x-rays.

I'd ask Specter why he failed to tell the WC that the autopsy photo he saw contradicted the Rydberg drawings he submitted to depict the President's wounds.

I'd ask Dr. Finck and Dr. Boswell, (who I believe are still living) what was discussed between January 20th and January 26th 1967 to get them to sign the so-called "military review" which includes several outright lies.

I HAVE asked. They gave me the same tired line. they don't talk much.

I'd ask the same men what Carl Eardley told them while briefing them on the Clay Shaw trial.

I'd ask Ethel Kennedy what her husband really thought of the Warren Commission, and what Bobby did with his brother's brain.

I'd ask Ted Kennedy what he really believes happened.

Ummm.... he won't answer either. Though I forgot the bottle of Jack Daniels. maybe next trip.

But, if I had to narrow it down to one:

I'd ask Caroline Kennedy to have her father's body exhumed and inspected by a team of doctors picked by the family, with no connection to the government.

If they threw his casket in the ocean, I'm betting he's not in his casket now. What would we do next? Oswald was exhumed and all I've heard is "It wasn't his head."

Creepy eh? Not being fecitious. Just wanted you to know. :D

If it mixed it up on the quotes, the answers are mine. Never tried typing like this before.

-C

BUT, I think there were about a hundred no name people like Hill, Bowers, Moorman, Hoffman. I am REALLY curious about what people would ask THOSE people if they were alive and those that ARE alive. See, Nic and I have access to most of 'em. Maybe with all of us together, we can ask the "right" questions. I THINK that was what Nic was getting into but I'm not trying to speak for her. Forgive me if I'm wrong Nic.

-C :D

That's exactly it, I need interview questions. Hah. I didn't want to mention it, but you hit the nail on the head. :P

I've been scribbling down ideas all day and still feel that I need more.

Pointless exercise UNLESS they are required to answer TRUTHFULLY.

Anybody worth asking would lie their heads off.

However, if TRUTH required...

1. Marina

2. Robert Oswald

3. Ruth Paine (and Michael)

4. E. H. Hunt

5. Charles Harrelson

6. Gordon Novel

7. G.H.W. Bush

8. Gerald Ford

9. Arlen Specter

10. Dan Rather

11. Tosh Plumlee

12. all medical persons who saw body

13. any living policemen/sheriffs

unfortunately most of the good ones are deceased.

Jack :D

Edited by Jack White

Dawn wrote:

I would like to ask Gerald Ford many questions, and have him answer with the truth as to :why he pardoned Nixon

He did it to get the nation over Watergate. It was a courageous act and it did help heal the nation. He knew full well it would probably cost him the presidency, which he did.

Dawn, I assume you know that a few years ago Sen. Edward Kennedy, who had once opposed the pardon, realized from the standpoint of history Ford's decision had been correct and so he and Caroline Kennedy presented Ford with a "Profile in Courage" award (at the JFK presidential library, if I recall correctly).

What is more difficult to understand, of course, is why (unless there were pay-offs involved and there is no evidence there were) Clinton pardoned all the crooks he did as he was leaving office.

Edited by Tim Gratz

As I have posted before, what ought to be done is to have a steering committee prioritize questions to ask living witnesses and then hire a professional investigator (either an attorney with substantial experience cross-examining adverse witnesses or an experienced police investigator) and have the professional interview the witnesses face-to-face.

The assassination research community should pool resources and come up with the money to hire the investigator.

In my opinion, telephone interviews by amateurs will not work.

However, to respond directly to the question posed, I would ask Raul who the shooters were. As Dawn would say, if nothing else I am predictable! Castro may not know; Raul does.

Edited by Tim Gratz

In my opinion, telephone interviews by amateurs will not work.

How do you define a professional researcher?

However, to respond directly to the question posed, I would ask Raul who the shooters were.  As Dawn would say, if nothing else I am predictable!  Castro may not know; Raul does.

Where is your evidence for this statement? I hope it is not based on one of those amateurish phone calls.