The Education Forum

History Channel Program

Greg Wagner

In case anyone is interested, it looks like this program will deal with Hale Boggs' plane crash.

The History Channel

Saturday, September 3, 2005

8pm-9pm -- Alaska's Bermuda Triangle

There's something about Alaska that the tourist bureau doesn't want

you to know. In Alaska, people, planes, and ships disappear. Suddenly,

inexplicably, and permanently! Natives say that shape-shifting spirits

kidnap lost travelers. Scientists tell of giant crevasses that swallow

the unwary. Others tell of conspiracies to wreck aircraft. We take a

detailed look at the 1972 incident that confounded the US military,

when an airplane carrying two Congressmen vanished between Anchorage

and Juneau.

In case anyone is interested, it looks like this program will deal with Hale Boggs' plane crash.

The History Channel

Saturday, September 3, 2005

8pm-9pm -- Alaska's Bermuda Triangle

There's something about Alaska that the tourist bureau doesn't want

you to know. In Alaska, people, planes, and ships disappear. Suddenly,

inexplicably, and permanently! Natives say that shape-shifting spirits

kidnap lost travelers. Scientists tell of giant crevasses that swallow

the unwary. Others tell of conspiracies to wreck aircraft. We take a

detailed look at the 1972 incident that confounded the US military,

when an airplane carrying two Congressmen vanished between Anchorage

and Juneau.

Thanks for the heads up Greg.

I have a kind of "intitution" on these things and very well remember when Hale Boggs plane went missing. At the time I did not even realize he'd been a WC member, let alone a disenchanted one, but I found this particular incident disturbing. (Altho a believer in conspiracy from day one, I did not begin to actually study the case until 1973, aside from reading news stories.)

For lack of a better descriptive term I refer to this "intutition" as my "God voice": That little inner voice we all have that tells us something is wrong.

HC is not very good on this subject, so I will be curious to see how much they deal with the truth of just who and what Hale Boggs was.

It is my understanding that in the soon to be released book "A Farewell to Justice" Joan Mellen reports that it was Hale Boggs, not Russell Long, who "put the bug" in Garrison's ear about the deficiencies in the WC report.

I am very much looking forward to Professor Mellen's book.

Tim,

Joan Mellen did offer that tid bit during an interview she gave on Black Op Radio. The implications of that are interesting to say the least.

James

Maybe they both said something to him. I seem to recall that in the Playboy interview Garrison gave, that I read in 74, but he did in I think 68 or so, he said it was Long.

Dawn

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed something a bit odd. Perhaps it's already well known but it was news to me. On the morning of June 23, 1972, the day Richard Nixon told his assistant Bob Haldeman to talk to CIA Director Richard Helms and tell him that, due to the involvement of ex-CIA agent Howard Hunt in the Watergate burglary, if Helms didn't call the FBI off of the Watergate investigation it could bring up the whole "Bay of Pigs thing," Nixon had breakfast with two men. The identity of these two men may have fed directly into Haldeman's subsequent belief that the "Bay of Pigs thing" was a reference to the Kennedy assassination.

The Two men? Gerald Ford and Hale Boggs, who by 1972 were the only members of the Warren Commission still active in government. Was it just a coincidence that Nixon met with them before telling Haldeman to call off Helms? Was it just a coincidence that Boggs was dead within a few months, and Ford was soon to become the first-ever appointed President?

Perhaps nice-guy-Gerry Ford knows a lot more than he's ever let on.

An interesting fact, Pat.  I assume there was no one else present at the breakfast?

My source is probably not all that reliable, and is probably even impeachable (or would have been). It's Nixon himself in RN, page 639. He says they were heading off on a trip to China. He mentions that Alexander Butterfield brought him some papers after their departure, and then Haldeman came in and they had the so-called "smoking gun" discussion. In other words, he spoke to no one in between his conversation with Ford and Boggs, and his infamous talk with Haldeman. I find this an incredible coincidence, considering all the theories about the meaning of the "Bay of Pigs thing." Since this talk was at 10 AM, it means that Ford and Boggs were in and out before Haldeman arrived. Hmmm. Haldemanmakes no mention of their breakfast with the Prez in his diary and may not have even known about it.

Pat, I don't think it's merely a coincidence. Nor do I think it's a coincidence that six months later Boggs disappeared and was presumed dead, or that 26 months later Ford was president.

So Nixon has breakfast with Boggs and Ford, and the very next act is to instruct Haldeman to have Helms call off the FBI police dogs or that whole "Bay of Pigs thing" might unfold/unravel.

Of course, Boggs and Nixon are dead, and Ford will probably take the truth to his grave with him.

Pat:

I don't think there are ANY coincidences in this case.

Ford knows a LOT in my opinion. Wish there was a way to force him to talk.

Perhaps Boggs was airing his misgivings at that breakfast,

and Gerry was tryinng to placate him. Hard to know.

But as I wrote earlier, when I heard about this missing plane

my "intuition" was that Nixon had something done to Boggs.

Then, when just a few weeks later Dorothy Hunt's plane went down (12/8/72)

and three of Tricky's top people went to cover up--I mean "investigate" this plane crash - there was NO DOUBT in my mind that RN had Dorothy Hunt and others killed. (Ironically the pilot on the DH plane was named "Captain Whitehouse")

Dawn