The Education Forum

Question for Gerry Hemming

Jim Root

Gerry

Could you share your thoughts about Maxwell Taylor? Not just as a military man but in any other areas you may deam relavent.

Could Taylor have played a role in the assassination of JFK? If so in what manner (I realize this would just be speculation)?

Thank you,

Jim Root

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerry

Could you share your thoughts about Maxwell Taylor?  Not just as a military man but in any other areas you may deam relavent.

Could Taylor have played a role in the assassination of JFK?  If so in what manner (I realize this would just be speculation)?

Thank you,

Jim Root

----------------------

Jim:

I have never heard even a murmur about General Taylor's involvement in ANY plots or schemes reference to unauthorized tasks.

As for his relationships, especially those with reference to Walker, et al.; you must remember that the OFFICIAL U.S. Army ["A.U.S.A." The Army of the United States of America], as opposed to the reservists and Nat'l Guard officers, was then a very small and tight-knitched bunch. Before WWII there was almost NO army, and that was why FDR forced the Congress to initiate the 1940 Draft Act. As with the Marines, in a then very small band of officers, everybody mixes with, and knows personally, everybody else.

SIDEBAR: When Howard Davis ["Davy"] and I flew out to Dallas on July 4th, 1963

[via private aircraft]; we stopped over at Walker's place on Turtle Creek Drive. Our meeting lasted until just before 5:00 AM, and we left there quite tired. But, one of the first comments by Davy upon leaving in the car was: "...You know, I think that our sitting with this clown....in front of open windows [warm summer temps] all night...and after he got shot at in.... April ??...was it ??...it...all sounds like some phony publicity stunt to me."

We have been somewhat nervous all that evening and into the early morn, wondering how this guy could just sit there, running his mouth at great length,

in front of uncurtained and open windows [too cheap to buy air conditioning units]; especially after the "alleged" sniper incident !!

Cheers,

Gerry Hemming

Gerry,

Did you ever meet Tosh Plumlee?

Steve Thomas

--------------------

Steve:

The last time I met with "the illustrious" Tosh was at the hotel in Miami Beach, along with Gus Russo -- while doing the interviews for the ABC/Jennings/Sy Hersh "Darkside of Camelot" production. He is enrolled upon my "embossed" short list of wing-nuts [along with a recently inscribed female "author"] who collectively fail to realize the gross damage they do to history [and personal reputations]! Yet, they continue peddling ever onward with their "McCarthyite" spouting-forth of weirdly distorted anecdotes, emphasizing same with outright confabulation -- which they would have us all believe is: The "Verity -- Truth & soundly Historical".

The first clue for me [and other Operators] is always: When some "groupie" starts arguing with you about incidents which occurred around us at the time, especially where THEY were completely distant from said scene, and said subject matter. More importantly, they ALL have some weird personal agenda that forever obviates the possibility that they will get ANYTHING straight and/or correctly recorded in an historically correct fashion.

I have grown very annoyed with "interviewers??" who are neither accomplished in "shorthand", nor utilize audio/visual recording devices -- which guarantees totally erroneous results in their fruitless endeavors.

Quite opposite are those like Nigel Turner, who use professional equipment, but become terrified upon entering upon what they perceive as dangerous and uncharted waters. Worse yet are the Kazakhs who take out of context or completely fabricate purported "documentation" in order to suit their predatory and obscene behavior !!

I am constantly nagged about "giving-up the goods for free"; that is: After engaging in the very few interviews done in recent years, and moreover, am warned that each time I expound upon these matters, I increase my forfeiture of ever publishing a tome. LIKE A GIVE A xxxx !!

Gerry Hemming

Gerry

While thinking about and rereading your post I developed a couple of additional questions. If you don't mind.....

In the "sidebar" you wrote:

"When Howard Davis ["Davy"] and I flew out to Dallas on July 4th, 1963

[via private aircraft]; we stopped over at Walker's place on Turtle Creek Drive."

How did Howard Davis "Davy" and you happen to be associated with Edwin Walker? Could you clarify what you ment by, "Our meeting lasted until just before 5:00 AM..." Was Walker, "just sit(ting) there, running his mouth at great length..." or was the discussion about more serious topics?

Were you aware of any "operators" that worked with Walker in a professional capacity?

The comment, "all sounds like some phony publicity stunt to me" may have been very perceptive for July 4th, 1963.

Jim Root

Gerry,

Did you ever meet Tosh Plumlee?

Steve Thomas

--------------------

Steve:

The last time I met with "the illustrious" Tosh was at the hotel in Miami Beach, along with Gus Russo -- while doing the interviews for the ABC/Jennings/Sy Hersh "Darkside of Camelot" production.

And what proof do you provide Mr. Hemming that Tosh Plumlee was ever with you in Miami??? Interesting that while Peter Jennings was alive you never posted this.

As for your "named sources" Gus Russo and Sy Hersh? That they are both agents of disinformation has been long established in the research community.

Easy to post "last time I was with" someone....when your sole motive appears to be to discredit Tosh.

So if Tosh says this is not true (and he has) we are left to wonder who has more veracity.

Dawn

Mr. Hemming...I would have to believe that the conclusion Davis draws is quite valid. Unless Walker was 100% sure that the alleged assassination attempt wouldn't be repeated, it seems he was living quite recklessly. But IMHO, the only way to know that it wouldn't happen again would be to know that the person(s) behind the attempt were either jailed or dead--all of them, if there was more than one--OR to have been in on the plot...in other words, it had to have been faked; a phony attempt; just for show.

Now, since we all know that the alleged attempted assassin, Oswald, was still walking the streets...and no one else was ever arrested for the attempt...then the first scenario is blown out of the water for a lack of credibility. Which leaves us with the second scenario: the attempted assassination was fake, there was no intent to kill Walker, and the police reports/investigation were merely to establish a recorded history of the incident for some purpose.

So I suppose we're left to figure out what the purpose was. While I'm not much at getting inside the minds of persons still alive, I'm even worse at discovering the thoughts of the dead. But the more I consider the Walker shooting, the less I think that Oswald actually did it...or, more exactly, if Oswald DID sling some lead in Walker's direction, there obviously was no intention to actually kill him.

And Walker knew that; otherwise, he'd have taken some countermeasures to ensure his own security. To think otherwise flies in the face of logic, because nothing I've seen anywhere indicates that Walker had any desire to be a martyr, for whatever cause.

Edited by Mark Knight

Mr. Hemming...I would have to believe that the conclusion Davis draws is quite valid.  Unless Walker was 100% sure that the alleged assassination attempt wouldn't be repeated, it seems he was living quite recklessly.  But IMHO, the only way to know that it wouldn't happen again would be to know that the person(s) behind the attempt were either jailed or dead--all of them, if there was more than one--OR to have been in on the plot...in other words, it had to have been faked; a phony attempt; just for show.

Now, since we all know that the alleged attempted assassin, Oswald, was still walking the streets...and no one else was ever arrested for the attempt...then the first scenario is blown out of the water for a lack of credibility.  Which leaves us with the second scenario:  the attempted assassination was fake, there was no intent to kill Walker, and the police reports/investigation were merely to establish a recorded history of the incident for some purpose.

So I suppose we're left to figure out what the purpose was.  While I'm not much at getting inside the minds of persons still alive, I'm even worse at discovering the thoughts of the dead.  But the more I consider the Walker shooting, the less I think that Oswald actually did it...or, more exactly, if Oswald DID sling some lead in Walker's direction, there obviously was no intention to actually kill him.

And Walker knew that; otherwise, he'd have taken some countermeasures to ensure his own security.  To think otherwise flies in the face of logic, because nothing I've seen anywhere indicates that Walker had any desire to be a martyr, for whatever cause.

Too many make the error of stating that things must be either/or.

When in fact, there are always potentially other answers which also correlate with the logic/illogic of the situation.

Under the assumption that the meeting took place as stated, and that the windows were fully open, then one could also assume that Walker potentially wanted the meeting to be witnessed.

Persons who hold/conduct clandestine/covert meetings, do so in places where he attendees can not be observed.

In such event, then there is little doubt that Walker would have felt fully safe in knowing that persons (un-named) were located outside at vantage points to see through the window into the house, and thereby witness/observe/take note of the meeting.

That Walker may have done this once, does not mean that it was an item of common practice.

Just perhaps he knew things in regards to the meeting that we, as well as the other attendees were not aware of.

And, just perhaps Mr. Hemming also is aware that something of the arrangement of the meeting carried a distinct odor to it as well.

Tom

When are the real researchers going to "Call" this loose canyon and xxxx. All I see is another Bob Vernon.

Why is it so important for GPH to discredit me? Because he knows I know he is full of crap and quotes dead men with his lies.

Fact I never was in Miami for a Peter Jennings filming. I was there only once with Jim Marrs and it had nothing to do with the Camelot matter. He talks about History? He is a low life xxxx, not worth responding to. When are his lies going to be revealed by real researchers? Where is his proof of the things he says? Perhaps, you can now see why real Operational personel do not get involved with the research community... Tosh

Mr. Hemming, Why have you never sued Marita Lorenz for slander or libel?

/Mark

Edited by Mark Johansson

All

It would be foolish for me to attempt to decide who is or is not telling the truth in these matters. From the beginning it has been my hope that I could accept whatever a person says, realizing that all have there own prejudicial way of seeing things, then take the infromation that is provided, digest it, investigate it further and come to my own conclusions. For example if you have four eye witnesses to a crime you might find that they do not all agree on every detail. It becomes the job of the investigator to look deeper into the information that is provided and follow the best leads.

From my standpoint, where I have found that Gerry Hemming has provided credible information was when he spoke about the role of Korean War Rangers. His knowledge about this little known group of persons who became a major part of unconventional warfare lore was right on the money with my own independently gathered infromation.

I will continue to read and evaluate every poster that takes the time to provide information to this forum. I am not interested in engaging in disputes that deal with who is or is not credible except in a collegial manner.

By the way, maybe Walker had the window open because it was July 4th, in the Dallas heat and he did not have air conditioning.....rather than "living quite recklessly" seems kind of normal for 1963 in Dallas, Texas for a person "too cheap to buy air conditioning units." (Walker had resigned from the military and in so doing had given up his pension. From my research of his life, it seems Walker had very little income at this time. His pension was,years later, reinstated in an interesting manner)

Jim Root

All

It would be foolish for me to attempt to decide who is or is not telling the truth in these matters.  From the beginning it has been my hope that I could accept whatever a person says, realizing that all have there own prejudicial way of seeing things, then take the infromation that is provided, digest it, investigate it further and come to my own conclusions.  For example if you have four eye witnesses to a crime you might find that they do not all agree on every detail.  It becomes the job of the investigator to look deeper into the information that is provided and follow the best leads.

From my standpoint, where I have found that Gerry Hemming has provided credible information was when he spoke about the role of Korean War Rangers.  His knowledge about this little known group of persons who became a major part of unconventional warfare lore was right on the money with my own independently gathered infromation.

I will continue to read and evaluate every poster that takes the time to provide information to this forum.  I am not interested in engaging in disputes that deal with who is or is not credible except in a collegial manner.

By the way, maybe Walker had the window open because it was July 4th, in the Dallas heat and he did not have air conditioning.....rather than "living quite recklessly" seems kind of normal for 1963 in Dallas, Texas for a person "too cheap to buy air conditioning units." (Walker had resigned from the military and in so doing had given up his pension.  From my research of his life, it seems Walker had very little income at this time.  His pension was,years later, reinstated in an interesting manner)

Jim Root

Jim,

That is a commendable post.

- lee

When are the real researchers going to "Call" this loose canyon and xxxx.  All I see is another Bob Vernon.

Why is it so important for GPH to discredit me?  Because he knows I know he is full of crap and quotes dead men with his lies.

Fact I never was in Miami for a Peter Jennings filming.  I was there only once with Jim Marrs and it had nothing to do with the Camelot matter.  He talks about History? He is a low life xxxx, not worth responding to.  When are his lies going to be revealed by real researchers?  Where is his proof of the things he says?  Perhaps, you can now see why real Operational personel do not get involved with the research community... Tosh

Mr. Hemming, Why have you never sued Marita Lorenz for slander or libel?

/Mark

Mark,

Thank you for posting Tosh here. GPH was a second rate SOF who just happened to be in the right place at the right time and now he is being considered by so many as an important person of this period. I asked him a simple question a month or so ago. "What did you accomplish with your covert operations?" He never responded because he had nothing to share in the area of successes. Proving my point further. GPH is just another James Files that is trying to make a name for himself at the cost of a true investigation. A wanna-be who wants to go down in history as being important, when in truth, he couldn't cut it in whatever venture he chose. TRUTH HURTS, EH JER!

Al