The Education Forum

Video Clip Service

Raymond Blair

I just spent my first day as a member of our school's new technology committee learning about a source that I will push my school to subscribe to.

It is United Streaming, a resource to get video clips, clip art and I believe videos downloaded from the new or directly viewed from site.

It provides guidance in converting these clips into video links on power point presentations. perhaps I am too excited about this still and overestimate the ease of use, but I have been looking for exactly this since I have been looking for ways to use IT in the classroom.

It breaks down a lot of education videos into small clips from 1 minute to some being full length. (at least an hour long in one case I looked at today)

You can get a 60-day subscription to the service here in the US and perhaps everywhere.

United Streaming

I just spent my first day as a member of our school's new technology committee learning about a source that I will push my school to subscribe to.

It is United Streaming, a resource to get video clips, clip art and I believe videos downloaded from the new or directly viewed from site.

It provides guidance in converting these clips into video links on power point presentations.  perhaps I am too excited about this still and overestimate the ease of use, but I have been looking for exactly this since I have been looking for  ways to use IT in the classroom.

It breaks down a lot of education videos into small clips from 1 minute to some being full length. (at least an hour long in one case I looked at today)

You can get a 60-day subscription to the service here in the US and perhaps everywhere.

United Streaming

You mean it helps compress something that is 60 mins via story-boarding to a shorter span for a different format? Similar idea to the library music you can get for advertising? The ease of use part caught my eye.