The Education Forum

Anyone Know This Guy?

Thomas Graves

Does anyone have a picture showing the face of the guy who's wearing a fedora and a light-colored rain coat, but whose face is almost totally obscured behind the head of the motorcycle cop in the photo I've posted below? I wonder if he's the same man who's visible in a recently-posted photo (by Lee Forman, I think) on another picture-oriented thread on this Forum. In that photo a man (who looks a lot like E. H. Hunt) is shown wearing the same style fedora and a light-colored rain coat as he crosses Elm St., both hands in pockets, with what looks like something rather largish in his left coat pocket. He's shown crossing the street with lots of other people, heading in the direction of the grassy knoll just a few minutes after the shooting. There's been some speculation on this Forum over the last couple of weeks as to whether or not the man crossing Elm St. might actually be Hunt or Phillips. If it is Hunt or Phillips, I wonder where he's coming from? Perhaps from the corner of Houston and Main?? That would be interesting, would'nt it, seeing as how several people in the background of a few photographs taken near that corner bear a striking resemblance to people who were probably "involved," people like Rip Robertson and John O'Hare and Lucien Conien, to mention a few?

On page 6 of another thread ["New and Large Pics" (or something like that)] , Robin Unger was kind enough to post a color photograph which purportedly shows the same man in my post below, but with his whole face visible this time. (He's visible in the far right part of the photograph, so you have to scroll over to see him. There's a superimposed arrow pointing him out.)

I'd sure like to know what other researchers on this Forum think about all of this........... Thanks!

Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

Thomas,in one of the early posts on 'old pics' thread, Robin or Lee posted a large one of this one.

I wonder if the coat is different though from the road crosser. The cloth seems different and I think the collar is the thing to look at.

Edited by John Dolva

I believe it was pointed out in the other thread that the man at Main and Houston is larger (and with a dissimilar face) than the man crossing Elm (whom I will call Roswell Man). The man on the corner looks robust, whereas RM looks like he's more raincoat and electronic equipment than anything else.

RM looks like you could start peeling raincoats from him until you got down to nothing but some wiring and blinking lights.

RM looks like you could start peeling raincoats from him until you got down to nothing but some wiring and blinking lights.

Thanks Ron, I just spit coffee all over the damn computer LOL...........

I couldn't help being struck by the similarity of the way Captain Robert Crowder, Texas Ranger, company B, Dallas 1963 set his mouth. Robert Crowder died of a heart attack on November 26, 1972 in Dallas, Texas

Edited by John Dolva

Cancellare 7 photo crop:

Thanks John, Ron, and Robin!

BTW, the one (or two) face(s) visible in the dark-colored car heading west on Elm in the photo Robin posted above sure look interesting, don't they? Looks to me the guy knows his photo is being taken and he's trying to hide his face from the camera........

Thanks,

Thomas