The Education Forum

George Michael Evica

It is my sad duty to report that George Michael Evica has passed into the next life.

After a prolonged and valiant struggle against cancer, my dear friend and mentor left us yesterday, November 11.

Charles Drago

My condolences go out to his family, to you and to all those who were fortunate enough to cross his

path during our mutual journeys in the New England area.

I am so sad. George Michael was always wonderful to me. I was

at a Lancer or ASK symposium at the Hyatt Regency when I was

paged to go to a phone. It was word that my mother had just

died. George Michael by chance passed by and saw me sobbing.

He consoled me with a comforting arm for which I will always

remember him. A brilliant and kind man who will be missed.

Jack

I remember him and his energetic talks , especially the one about the Postal Inspectors Office and it's activities regarding Oswald. I have a copy of it from Lancer, it's a subject that has not gotten enough attention. It seems that was George's research style , to examine those issues that others neglected or ignored.

George and his style will be missed!

-Bill

After fighting with brave determination against lung and brain cancer, George Michael Evica has left this life to begin the journey into the next. He died on Saturday, November 10, 2007. His loving wife Alycia held his hand.

George Michael devoted his professional life to maintaining a harmonious balance between learning and teaching. He earned his B.A. at Case Western Reserve and his M.A. at Columbia University. Before serving as an Associate Professor of English at the University of Hartford from 1964 to 1992, he taught at Brooklyn College, Wagner College, Columbia University, and San Francisco State University.

History will remember George Michael as one of the most honored and important of the so-called second generation of scholars devoted to discovering the truth about the assassination of John Fitzgerald Kennedy and effecting justice in the wake of the president’s passing. He authored two books: And We Are All Mortal (1975) stands as an invaluable reference for Kennedy researchers; A Certain Arrogance (2006) expands upon that groundbreaking work by exploring the manipulation by United States intelligence agencies and other entities of religious groups for political ends.

George Michael published scores of scholarly analyses of assassination-related events and individuals. He hosted and contributed to numerous conferences and symposia on the subject, most notably for JFK Lancer.

George Michael’s voice – confident, eloquent, and resonant with warmth and humor – was familiar to thousands of devoted listeners thanks to “Assassination Journal,” the longest running weekly program of political commentary in the history of radio, which he wrote and edited for WWUH. Broadcasting from 1975 to midsummer of 2007, George Michael excerpted news and information from varieties of media, emphasizing lesser known sources over mainstream news.

George Michael is survived by his devoted wife of 42 years, Alycia; his daughter, Mariana Evica; and his grandchildren, Lonny Evica and Emma Evica.

The family wants to express gratitude to the doctors, nurses, and volunteers at St. Francis Hospital. The loving care George Michael received at Hughes Convalescent Home will not be forgotten. Thanks also are extended to parishioners of St. John’s Church and other friends who have given unstinting love and support during George Michael’s illness.

An active member of the Episcopal Church, George Michael was especially pleased to have been a member of the Global Missions Committee. Funeral services will be held at St. John’s Church, 679 Farmington Avenue in West Hartford, with details to be announced soon. Donations can be made to the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, 10 Brookline Place West, 6th Floor; Brookline, MA 02445-7226.

Edited by Charles Drago

my condolences to his family.

I had and have a great respect in the work of Evica. Hope his family and friends will create a Foundation to manage his papers, documentations and notes.

Hope mr. Drago can pass to them the message.

And take the occasion to ask a pardon for any time I doubted: it was just my approach to things, always tought Evica had a great courage.

ca

Edited by Accogli Claudio

I remember him and his energetic talks , especially the one about the Postal Inspectors Office and it's activities regarding Oswald. I have a copy of it from Lancer, it's a subject that has not gotten enough attention. It seems that was George's research style , to examine those issues that others neglected or ignored.

George and his style will be missed!

-Bill

The first time I met George Michael, I said NICE TO MEET YOU, GEORGE. I LOVED

YOUR BOOK. He replied:

"MY FRIENDS ALL CALL ME GEORGE MICHAEL."

Godspeed, George Michael.

Your friend,

Jack

The first time I met George Michael, I said NICE TO MEET YOU, GEORGE. I LOVED

YOUR BOOK. He replied:

"MY FRIENDS ALL CALL ME GEORGE MICHAEL."

Godspeed, George Michael.

Your friend,

Jack

Jack,

I vividly recall George Michael repeatedly addressing Professor Scott as "Peter Dale" -- to their mutual enjoyment -- at one of Mary Ferrell's late-night salons.

Your friend,

Charles

It is my sad duty to report that George Michael Evica has passed into the next life.

After a prolonged and valiant struggle against cancer, my dear friend and mentor left us yesterday, November 11.

Charles Drago

Charles, I don't have any anecdotes to tell. I didn't even know the man, except for a few brief email exchanges when we discovered each other along the same "religious" path. I do know from people I respect that his earlier book was one of the most significant works on the case (regrettably, I still haven't got hold of a copy)

You have my deepest sympathy at this loss of a close friend. I hope his legacy can live on in a similar way that Mary Ferrell's has. His contributions, like hers, are hard to quantify.

Remembrance Day seems somehow appropriate (though I think you call it Veteran's Day?)

Just posting the cross-link http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...c=11538&hl=

but suggest the two threads be combined. A nice photo, Charles, and a lovely tribute.

Agreed. I have done this. For the good of our JFK index it would be good if members could keep information to one thread. The same thing happened with the recent thread on Bremer. This information will become lost as the original thread is linked to my page on Bremer that is second at Google (behind the Wikipedia entry). I woill eventially create a page on George Michael Evica and link it to these posts.

Just posting the cross-link http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...c=11538&hl=

but suggest the two threads be combined. A nice photo, Charles, and a lovely tribute.

Agreed. I have done this. For the good of our JFK index it would be good if members could keep information to one thread. The same thing happened with the recent thread on Bremer. This information will become lost as the original thread is linked to my page on Bremer that is second at Google (behind the Wikipedia entry). I woill eventially create a page on George Michael Evica and link it to these posts.

Well done, John.

Please be in touch if I may be of assistance in the creation of the Evica page. For what it's worth, I know that my friend would have enjoyed your company and respected, in the main, your endeavors here.

Charles