The Education Forum

Jack W. Martin

At 1:40 PM, an hour and ten minutes after the assassination, Dallas Secret Service Agent Robert A. Steuart, who was assigned to the Trade Mart that day, had the name of a suspect in the shooting, and requested clerk in the Dallas Secret Service office Lillian Rhyan to call the New Orleans office and ask them to make some discreet inquiries about this suspect - Jack W. Martin, of Goldonna, Louisiana.

The story is reported at the bottom of a report on:

List of books obtained by Lee Harvey Oswald form New Orleans Public Library.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...bsPageId=336237

DETAILS OF INVESTIGATION

As the document reads:

"At 1:40 P.M. on November 22, 1963, reporting agent received a long distance telephone call from Clerk Lillian L. Rhyan, of our Dallas office, who stated that she was calling at the request of SA Robert A. Steuart, Dallas, regarding an individual named Jack Martin, Route 1, Goldonna, La., on whom SA Steuart desired discreet inquiries conducted. At that time Clerk Rhyan indicated that she did not have any information regarding the said Jack Martin and did not know what connection, if any, he might have had with the shooting of President John F. Kennedy that same date at Dallas."

Report Made By Anthony E. Gerrett

Approved John W. Rice 12-4-63 CD 87

"At 2:06 P.M., November 22, 1963, Clerk Rhyan again called reporting agent, advising that at that time it was thought that possibly Jack Martin may have been the assassin of President Kennedy. She could furnish no information regarding Jack Martin’s description or background, knowing only that his address was reported at Route 1, Goldonna, La., and that it was desired that discreet inquiries regarding Martin be conducted at Goldonna at once. "

"Reporting agent immediately telephoned SAIC John W. Rice, who happened to be on an official road trip to Shreveport and vicinity, in the northwest section of Louisiana, approximately 325 miles from New Orleans, Goldonna being located in Nesachitoches Parish in the northwest section of Louisiana."

"SAIC Rice was located at the Office of Special Investigations, Barksdale Air Force Base, near Shreveport, and was informed of the above-mentioned request that discreet inquiries be conducted at once at Goldonna, La., regarding Jack Martin. It was explained to SAIC Rice that it was desired that the results of the investigation at Goldonna be telephoned to our Dallas office."

"At approximately 9:30 P.M. on November 22, 1963, reporting agent received a telephone call at his residence from SAIC Rice, who was calling from Natchitoches, La. SAIC Rice stated that he had conducted discreet inquiries at Goldonna, La., regarding Jack Martin and had telephoned the results to SA Robert A. Steuart, Dallas, that during this telephone conversation SA Steuart furnished the following information regarding LEE HARVEY OSWALD, who had been arrested at Dallas for having fired the shots which killed President Kennedy……."

Mary Ferrell's files show:

MARTIN, JACK W.

CD 87 SS 450, pp. 1-2; CD 87 SS 451, pp. 1-2

"A suspect in the assassination PRIOR to the arrest of LHO on 11/22/63. Son of Ben and Thelma Martin, Goldonna, La. On 11/22/63: white/male"

Mary's

Comments:

"A suspect in assassination PRIOR to arrest of LHO on 11/22/63. Son of Ben and Thelma Martin, Goldonna, LA. On 11/22/63: white/male, 25-30, 5' 6", 150 lbs., dark eyes, dark hair, olive complexion, stocky. He has wanted to be a preacher. Belonged to a religious cult. Had been in Texas recently. Secret Service checked on him at Goldonna, LA, and at Natchitoches, LA, 11/22/63 because of remarks he made in Dallas following assassination. Secret Service Agent John W. Rice put out APB on Martin."

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...mp;relPageId=12

Document Appendix to Oswald in New Orleans (by Harold Weisberg)

Special Agent in Charge of New Orleans office of the Secret Service, John W. Rice reported,

"....I immediately proceeded to Goldonna, Louisiana, arriving at approximately 5:00 PM, and interviewed Mrs. Irena McGee, Postmaster, Mr. G. C. Quarles, Rural Carrier, and Millie xxxsier, Constable and Deputy Sheriff, all of whom are well acquainted with Jack W. Martin, son of Ben and Thelma Martin, Route 1, Box 4, Goldonna."

"The Martin family has resided in this area for a great many years. The family is poor and Ben Martin is a worker in the logging business in this backroads community. Jack W. Martin reportedly grew up in the community and did not finish high school. For serveral yeras the subject has been traveling around the country, and apparently has been connected with an unidentified religious cult. It has been rumored, according to Mr. Quarles, that Martin desires to become a preacher."

What we don't know is how or why SA Steuart, at Dallas, determined within an hour of the assassination that Jack W. Martin was a suspect, and by 2 PM considered him a shooter.

There is speculation that Martin may have said something AFTER the assassination, that called attention to him, but there's no official report or news report, apparently, that explains what it is all about.

By 9:30 PM, when SAIC Rice filed his phoned in report on Jack W. Martin to Steuart in Dallas, they were no longer interested in Martin but were interested in Lee Harvey Oswald, and his associations in New Orleans, where Jack S. Martin was calling attention to the relationship between Oswald, Guy Bannister and David Ferrie.

As Wesiberg notes at the bottom of his copy of the Rice's report:

"Barren as the official record is on why Jack Martin was an immediate suspect, it is just as disgraceful that the file documents relating to this suppressed aspect of the assassination investigation are so illegible. Neither is indicative of official desire to make everything pertinent to the assassination and its investigation publicly available. Combined, they justify suspicion of a contrary official intent."

Referring to the other, more well known Jack Martin, not the subject of this report, Wesiberg wrote: "...The Jack Martin in these reports was an immediate suspect: 'may have been the assassin'. Once Oswald was arrested, all interest in this Jack Martin disappeared. The matter is ignored in the Report and in the testimony."

Of course, someone as important as the Special Agent In Charge of the New Orleans Secret Service office John W. Rice was never called to testify before the Warren Commission and has never been interviewed about the assassination.

It would be nice to know what SPIC NO SS John W. Rice was doing on official business at the Special Investigations office at Barksdale AFB in Shreveport, La., and whether he was investigating the Rose Cheramie allegations, or another possible threat to the life of the president.

SA Robert Steuart also managed to avoid being properly interviewed, but one writer got him to talk without attribution, as Vince Palmara notes.

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:9e6rek...=clnk&gl=us

Vince wrote: "One final clue to both the mystery of ..... November 22 may come from the statements of former Dallas agent Robert A. Steuart, as revealed in Bill Sloan's 1993 work, (JFK- Breaking the Silence pp 1-5). Although the agent who spoke to Sloan was unnamed in the book, Sloan confirmed to me the agent's identity based on my firm conviction that this agent HAD to have been Steuart. Why? Because, as I told Sloan, the agent used the identical language with me during my two "attempted" interviews with him in 1992 and 1993; in any event, Sloan confirmed my suspicions. So, just what did Steuart say to Sloan (and me)?"

"Sworn to absolute secrecy about the 'Kennedy thing,' Steuart went on to say, 'I can't talk about it...There are so many things I could tell you, but I just can't... I can't tell you anything... I'd like to, but I can't.... It was a very heavy deal, and they would know. Someone would know. It's...too dangerous, even now.'"

There should be more information on John W. Martin, but I haven't been able to find it.

(Thanks to Robert Howard for assistance on this)

Edited by William Kelly

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 1:40 PM, an hour and ten minutes after the assassination, Dallas Secret Service Agent Robert A. Steuart, who was assigned to the Trade Mart that day, had the name of a suspect in the shooting, and requested clerk in the Dallas Secret Service office Lillian Rhyan to call the New Orleans office and ask them to make some discreet inquiries about this suspect - Jack W. Martin, of Goldonna, Louisiana.

DETAILS OF INVESTIGATION

As the document reads:

"At 1:40 P.M. on November 22, 1963, reporting agent received a long distance telephone call from Clerk Lillian L. Rhyan, of our Dallas office, who stated that she was calling at the request of SA Robert A. Steuart, Dallas, regarding an individual named Jack Martin, Route 1, Goldonna, La., on whom SA Steuart desired discreet inquiries conducted. At that time Clerk Rhyan indicated that she did not have any information regarding the said Jack Martin and did not know what connection, if any, he might have had with the shooting of President John F. Kennedy that same date at Dallas."

"At 2:06 P.M., November 22, 1963, Clerk Rhyan again called reporting agent, advising that at that time it was thought that possibly Jack Martin may have been the assassin of President Kennedy. She could furnish no information regarding Jack Martin’s description or background, knowing only that his address was reported at Route 1, Goldonna, La., and that it was desired that discreet inquiries regarding Martin be conducted at Goldonna at once. "

"Reporting agent immediately telephoned SAIC John W. Rice, who happened to be on an official road trip to Shreveport and vicinity, in the northwest section of Louisiana, approximately 325 miles from New Orleans, Goldonna being located in Nesachitoches Parish in the northwest section of Louisiana."

"SAIC Rice was located at the Office of Special Investigations, Barksdale Air Force Base, near Shreveport, and was informed of the above-mentioned request that discreet inquiries be conducted at once at Goldonna, La., regarding Jack Martin. It was explained to SAIC Rice that it was desired that the results of the investigation at Goldonna be telephoned to our Dallas office."

"At approximately 9:30 P.M. on November 22, 1963, reporting agent received a telephone call at his residence from SAIC Rice, who was calling from Natchitoches, La. SAIC Rice stated that he had conducted discreet inquiries at Goldonna, La., regarding Jack Martin and had telephoned the results to SA Robert A. Steuart, Dallas, that during this telephone conversation SA Steuart furnished the following information regarding LEE HARVEY OSWALD, who had been arrested at Dallas for having fired the shots which killed President Kennedy……."

MARTIN, JACK W.

"A suspect in the assassination PRIOR to the arrest of LHO on 11/22/63. Son of Ben and Thelma Martin, Goldonna, La. On 11/22/63: white/male"

Mary's

Comments:

"A suspect in assassination PRIOR to arrest of LHO on 11/22/63. Son of Ben and Thelma Martin, Goldonna, LA. On 11/22/63: white/male, 25-30, 5' 6", 150 lbs., dark eyes, dark hair, olive complexion, stocky. He has wanted to be a preacher. Belonged to a religious cult. Had been in Texas recently. Secret Service checked on him at Goldonna, LA, and at Natchitoches, LA, 11/22/63 because of remarks he made in Dallas following assassination. Secret Service Agent John W. Rice put out APB on Martin."

Special Agent in Charge of New Orleans office of the Secret Service, John W. Rice reported,

"....I immediately proceeded to Goldonna, Louisiana, arriving at approximately 5:00 PM, and interviewed Mrs. Irena McGee, Postmaster, Mr. G. C. Quarles, Rural Carrier, and Millie xxxsier, Constable and Deputy Sheriff, all of whom are well acquainted with Jack W. Martin, son of Ben and Thelma Martin, Route 1, Box 4, Goldonna."

"The Martin family has resided in this area for a great many years. The family is poor and Ben Martin is a worker in the logging business in this backroads community. Jack W. Martin reportedly grew up in the community and did not finish high school. For serveral yeras the subject has been traveling around the country, and apparently has been connected with an unidentified religious cult. It has been rumored, according to Mr. Quarles, that Martin desires to become a preacher."

What we don't know is how or why SA Steuart, at Dallas, determined within an hour of the assassination that Jack W. Martin was a suspect, and by 2 PM considered him a shooter.

There is speculation that Martin may have said something AFTER the assassination, that called attention to him, but there's no official report or news report, apparently, that explains what it is all about.

By 9:30 PM, when SAIC Rice filed his phoned in report on Jack W. Martin to Steuart in Dallas, they were no longer interested in Martin but were interested in Lee Harvey Oswald, and his associations in New Orleans, where Jack S. Martin was calling attention to the relationship between Oswald, Guy Bannister and David Ferrie.

"Barren as the official record is on why Jack Martin was an immediate suspect, it is just as disgraceful that the file documents relating to this suppressed aspect of the assassination investigation are so illegible. Neither is indicative of official desire to make everything pertinent to the assassination and its investigation publicly available. Combined, they justify suspicion of a contrary official intent."

Referring to the other, more well known Jack Martin, not the subject of this report, Wesiberg wrote: "...The Jack Martin in these reports was an immediate suspect: 'may have been the assassin'. Once Oswald was arrested, all interest in this Jack Martin disappeared. The matter is ignored in the Report and in the testimony."

Of course, someone as important as the Special Agent In Charge of the New Orleans Secret Service office John W. Rice was never called to testify before the Warren Commission and has never been interviewed about the assassination.

It would be nice to know what SPIC NO SS John W. Rice was doing on official business at the Special Investigations office at Barksdale AFB in Shreveport, La., and whether he was investigating the Rose Cheramie allegations, or another possible threat to the life of the president.

SA Robert Steuart also managed to avoid being properly interviewed, but one writer got him to talk without attribution, as Vince Palmara notes.

Vince wrote: "One final clue to both the mystery of ..... November 22 may come from the statements of former Dallas agent Robert A. Steuart, as revealed in Bill Sloan's 1993 work, (JFK- Breaking the Silence pp 1-5). Although the agent who spoke to Sloan was unnamed in the book, Sloan confirmed to me the agent's identity based on my firm conviction that this agent HAD to have been Steuart. Why? Because, as I told Sloan, the agent used the identical language with me during my two "attempted" interviews with him in 1992 and 1993; in any event, Sloan confirmed my suspicions. So, just what did Steuart say to Sloan (and me)?"

"Sworn to absolute secrecy about the 'Kennedy thing,' Steuart went on to say, 'I can't talk about it...There are so many things I could tell you, but I just can't... I can't tell you anything... I'd like to, but I can't.... It was a very heavy deal, and they would know. Someone would know. It's...too dangerous, even now.'"

There should be more information on John W. Martin, but I haven't been able to find it.

More on Jack W. Martin from original report of SAIC John W. Rice:

Page 2

00-2-34,030

12-4-63

"Constable Frazier said that apparently Martin had never been in any trouble

in Goldonna or vicinity, but that he did leave the area about 8 or 10 years

ago and was gone for several years. He said he heard that he was either in

the armed forces or possibly in prison in another state."

"Martin reportedly has never married, and so far as is known he has never been

gainfully employed. He has communicated with his parents by mail from various

places throughout the country, and always uses a general delivery address. He

reportedly has been in Massachusetts, New Jersey, California, Texas, and other

states."

"Constable Frazer said he last saw Martin in Goldonna approximately three or

four weeks ago. Rural Carrier Quarles said that he believed that Martin's

either had been writing to him in Texas, city unrecalled, recently."

"All of the persons interviewed indicated that Martin is quiet and dos not have

any close friends in the area. He apparently does not hunt or fish, and is not

interested in sports. There was no indication that he had a gun or rifle.

He is said to be neat in appearance and rather soft spoken."

"Constable Frazier said that a brother, Bobbie Martin, age about 19 years, has

been a problem in the community."

"Jack W. Martin was described as follows: white; male; 25-30, 5-6 to 5-8; 150; dark eyes, dark hair; olive complexion; stocky build."

"At Natchitachee, Louisiana, inquiries were made at Sheriff's Office, and no

record of Jack W. Martin was located."

"At approximately 9:00 PM on 11/22/63 I contacted SA Robert A. Steuart, Dallas,

by telephone from Natchitoches, Louisiana, furnishing him with the results of the

investigation. SA Steuart advised that Lee Harvey Oswald had been arrested in

Dallas in connection with the assassination of President Kennedy. He said that

Oswald, who was connected with the Fair Play for Cuba Committee in New Orleans,

had filed change of address from Dallas to 4907 Magazine Street, New Orleans on

on 5/15/63; that he again rented a box in Dallas on 11/2/63. SA Steuart requested

further investigation in New Orleans."

"He also advised that Jack Martin had been previously considered a

possible suspect due to suspicious remarks which he had made in

Dallas following the assassination of the President."

"At 9:30 PM on 11/22/63 I contacted SA Garrets by telephone at his residence in

New Orleans and requested that he and SA Vial conduct immediate investigation

relative to Oswald's activities in New Orleans...."

THERE HAS GOT TO BE MORE TO THIS STORY.

DETAILS OF INVESTIGATION

As the document reads:

MARTIN, JACK W.

Mary's

Comments:

More on Jack W. Martin from original report of SAIC John W. Rice:

Page 2

00-2-34,030

12-4-63

"Constable Frazier said that apparently Martin had never been in any trouble

in Goldonna or vicinity, but that he did leave the area about 8 or 10 years

ago and was gone for several years. He said he heard that he was either in

the armed forces or possibly in prison in another state."

"Martin reportedly has never married, and so far as is known he has never been

gainfully employed. He has communicated with his parents by mail from various

places throughout the country, and always uses a general delivery address. He

reportedly has been in Massachusetts, New Jersey, California, Texas, and other

states."

"Constable Frazer said he last saw Martin in Goldonna approximately three or

four weeks ago. Rural Carrier Quarles said that he believed that Martin's

either had been writing to him in Texas, city unrecalled, recently."

"All of the persons interviewed indicated that Martin is quiet and dos not have

any close friends in the area. He apparently does not hunt or fish, and is not

interested in sports. There was no indication that he had a gun or rifle.

He is said to be neat in appearance and rather soft spoken."

"Constable Frazier said that a brother, Bobbie Martin, age about 19 years, has

been a problem in the community."

"Jack W. Martin was described as follows: white; male; 25-30, 5-6 to 5-8; 150; dark eyes, dark hair; olive complexion; stocky build."

"At Natchitachee, Louisiana, inquiries were made at Sheriff's Office, and no

record of Jack W. Martin was located."

"At approximately 9:00 PM on 11/22/63 I contacted SA Robert A. Steuart, Dallas,

by telephone from Natchitoches, Louisiana, furnishing him with the results of the

investigation. SA Steuart advised that Lee Harvey Oswald had been arrested in

Dallas in connection with the assassination of President Kennedy. He said that

Oswald, who was connected with the Fair Play for Cuba Committee in New Orleans,

had filed change of address from Dallas to 4907 Magazine Street, New Orleans on

on 5/15/63; that he again rented a box in Dallas on 11/2/63. SA Steuart requested

further investigation in New Orleans."

"He also advised that Jack Martin had been previously considered a

possible suspect due to suspicious remarks which he had made in

Dallas following the assassination of the President."

"At 9:30 PM on 11/22/63 I contacted SA Garrets by telephone at his residence in

New Orleans and requested that he and SA Vial conduct immediate investigation

relative to Oswald's activities in New Orleans...."

THERE HAS GOT TO BE MORE TO THIS STORY.

Unless there is more to the story than what I ascertained, in the sense that there is a separate person named Jack W. Martin, I personally believe the middle initial was a mistake and that the Jack Martin cited is the same person as Jack S. Martin who is said to have been pistol whipped by Guy Bannister. The reason being is that the latter was allegedly also known as "Bishop John Chrysostom Martin," see the thread

Religious Groups and The JFK Assassination.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...pic=8289&hl

Robert wrote:

Unless there is more to the story than what I ascertained, in the sense that there is a separate person named Jack W. Martin, I personally believe the middle initial was a mistake and that the Jack Martin cited is the same person as Jack S. Martin who is said to have been pistol whipped by Guy Bannister. The reason being is that the latter was allegedly also known as "Bishop John Chrysostom Martin," see the thread

Hey Robert,

Thanks, but I think it is apparent that they are two different individuals,

one born in Phoenix in 1915 and the other in Goldenna, LA circa 1930-35.

http://www.jfk-online.com/jfk100whomar.html

"Jack S. Martin was born Edward Stewart Suggs on July 1,

1915, in Phoenix, Arizona. Suggs served in the Army during

WWII, and later moved to California, where he

unsuccessfully tried to become a police officer in LA and San

Diego."

Jack S. (Suggs) Martin was in New Orleans fistacuffing with Bannister at the time

of the assassination, while Jack W. Martin, was in Dallas, saying something

suspicious enough for him to be considered a shooting suspect.

The point is - we know so much about one Jack S. Martin and next to nothing

about Jack W. Martin, an early, if not the first suspect in the assassination,

other than Oswald.

What did he say that made him a suspect?

How did Steuart learn about it?

How did Steuart learn he was from Golenna, LA?

What became of Jack W. Martin?

What did Steuart know that made him paranoid to talk about the assassination?

How come Steuart didn't mention JWM in his reports?

SA Steuart's report for his activities that day, beginning at 7AM, detail his

securing the Trade Mart, then going to Parkland Hospital until the President

was declared dead. He then went to the SS office where he manned the

telephone and coordinated actions of other agents.

Steuart must have heard about Jack W. Martin, and his suspicious remarks AFTER the

assassination, either at the Trade Mart or Hospital, and didn't mention it in his

report, or he learned of Jack W. Martin at the SS office via telephone tip.

I suspect the latter.

The religious cult angle is interesting, and he may have become a minister,

as suggested.

And Thom, I don't understand the connections with your links, can you explain

it to someone who doesn't have it all figured out yet?

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...p;relPageId=611

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk...Vol17_0449a.htm

Thanks,

BK

Edited by William Kelly

Robert wrote:

Hey Robert,

Diego."

Jack S. (Suggs) Martin was in New Orleans fistacuffing with Bannister at the time

other than Oswald.

Steuart must have heard about Jack W. Martin, and his suspicious remarks AFTER the

assassination, either at the Trade Mart or Hospital, and didn't mention it in his

I suspect the latter.

as suggested.

Thanks,

BK

The SS report is merely a few pages from that which deals with Jack Martin.

Anyone who has bottered to attempt to follow up on the "Jack Martin" lead should have also found that additional knowledge

relative to the SS assassination re-enactment and filming of December 1963.

Robert wrote:

Hey Robert,

Diego."

other than Oswald.

I suspect the latter.

as suggested.

Thanks,

BK

Anyone who has bottered to attempt to follow up on the "Jack Martin" lead should have also found that additional knowledge

"Unless there is more to the story than what I ascertained, in the sense that there is a separate person named Jack W. Martin, I personally believe the middle initial was a mistake "

And, they truly should have found James (Jack) W. Martin.

Not that difficult at all to locate one of that name. Perhaps it is merely coincidence that he lived in Arlington and was on the "Textbook Committee" which approved all books utilized within the Dallas area schools.

(And which were received from the TSDB).

Mr. Dolva perhaps will explain the significance of how the "Textbook Committee's" were "stacked". Since the Mississippi Soveriegnty Commission Files contain much on this.

And for Mr. Kelly: You no doubt thought that I made that one up also.

Robert wrote:

Hey Robert,

Diego."

other than Oswald.

I suspect the latter.

as suggested.

Thanks,

BK

"Unless there is more to the story than what I ascertained, in the sense that there is a separate person named Jack W. Martin, I personally believe the middle initial was a mistake "

Not that difficult at all to locate one of that name. Perhaps it is merely coincidence that he lived in Arlington and was on the "Textbook Committee" which approved all books utilized within the Dallas area schools.

Mr. Dolva perhaps will explain the significance of how the "Textbook Committee's" were "stacked". Since the Mississippi Soveriegnty Commission Files contain much on this.

Hey Tom,

Why would I think you made anything up?

I still can't find a connection between Jack Martin and the SS reenactment.

As for your James W. Martin, of Arlington, Tx and the Texas Textbook Committee, it appears that is a development out of the Gilmer-Alkin Act of 1949

http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/comm/tps_han...ed_reforms.html

When LBJ became president, the former teacher threw a lot of money in public education.

There's also this connection: In Texas, Gov. John Connally appointed a Committee on Public School Education in 1965 to prepare a viable long-range plan for national educational leadership. The committee’s report, “To Make Texas A National Leader in Public Education: The Challenge and the Change,” made recommendations to the governor and the legislature in 1969 that would serve as a practical blueprint for Texas to “attain national leadership in educational achievement.” Committee Chair Leon Jaworski said in the report, “We propose the operating units of the system be strengthened, given the resources and authority to make and implement broad educational policy decisions, and be held accountable for the results of those decisions through a continuing State program of evaluation. We believe this is the only practical way to stay abreast of the educational revolution now in progress.”

They even named the Arlington, Texas High School after Mr. James White Martin, controversial because up until that time they named Texas schools after heroes, and apparently Mr. Martin wasn't one.

I don't see any associations with Jack Martin, or the TSBD, although Mr. James W. Martin must have approved the books that were used at the schools and fetched and shipped by Oswald.

Looks like another Wild Goose Chase.

BK

Edited by William Kelly

Robert wrote:

Hey Robert,

Diego."

other than Oswald.

I suspect the latter.

as suggested.

Thanks,

BK

Hey Tom,

As for your James W. Martin, of Arlington, Tx and the Texas Textbook Committee, it appears that is a development out of the Gilmer-Alkin Act of 1949

When LBJ became president, the former teacher threw a lot of money in public education.

There's also this connection: In Texas, Gov. John Connally appointed a Committee on Public School Education in 1965 to prepare a viable long-range plan for national educational leadership. The committee’s report, “To Make Texas A National Leader in Public Education: The Challenge and the Change,” made recommendations to the governor and the legislature in 1969 that would serve as a practical blueprint for Texas to “attain national leadership in educational achievement.” Committee Chair Leon Jaworski said in the report, “We propose the operating units of the system be strengthened, given the resources and authority to make and implement broad educational policy decisions, and be held accountable for the results of those decisions through a continuing State program of evaluation. We believe this is the only practical way to stay abreast of the educational revolution now in progress.”

They even named the Arlington, Texas High School after Mr. James White Martin, controversial because up until that time they named Texas schools after heroes, and apparently Mr. Martin wasn't one.

I don't see any associations with Jack Martin, or the TSBD, although Mr. James W. Martin must have approved the books that were used at the schools and fetched and shipped by Oswald.

BK

Jack W. Martin

http://ssdi.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/ssdi.cgi

==========================================

John W. Martin (common nickname "Jack")

James W. Martin (commonly nicknamed "Jim" and/or "Jimmy", sometimes nicknamed "Jack")

As you were informed in the sent message, James W. Martin, of whom Martin High School in Arlington, TX is named after, is the only one to whom I have found and potential direct connection.

And that simply lies within the "coincidental" aspects of name; place of residence; and association to issued textbooks.

That you have found nothing (anywhere of my knowledge) is not that surprising, especially when one considers that you have obviousy been looking for some "Great" sniper to accomplish the relatively simple shooting feat which occurred in Dallas on 11/22/63.

Yeah! It is all realtively simple to find when someone else takes the time to research, explain, and then point it out.

Robert wrote:

Hey Robert,

Diego."

other than Oswald.

I suspect the latter.

as suggested.

Thanks,

BK

Hey Tom,

BK

Jack W. Martin

James W. Martin (commonly nicknamed "Jim" and/or "Jimmy", sometimes nicknamed "Jack")

As you were informed in the sent message, James W. Martin, of whom Martin High School in Arlington, TX is named after, is the only one to whom I have found and potential direct connection.

And that simply lies within the "coincidental" aspects of name; place of residence; and association to issued textbooks.

That you have found nothing (anywhere of my knowledge) is not that surprising, especially when one considers that you have obviousy been looking for some "Great" sniper to accomplish the relatively simple shooting feat which occurred in Dallas on 11/22/63.

Yeah! It is all realtively simple to find when someone else takes the time to research, explain, and then point it out.

Glad we have you here Tom, to keep all of us misinformed individuals in line.

Your comments seem to imply that there is something illogical in running down information on Jack W Martin, in light of the information so far submitted, it would be illogical not to, but it's nice to know where you stand.

Regarding Jack W Martin as a suspect, I agree in light of what little is known, he should be a suspect; but if you go to NARA and enter Jack W Martin, you will find O hits, if you enter Jack Martin you get 200, and you might decide that if there is something to it, then why do practically all 200 hits reference Jack S Martin or Jack J Martin or both......There is one of those 200 documents that cites a Computer Run on “Jack Martin” see below

The Index to Warren Commission Document 75 has, what I consider to be as close to a JFK Assassination Index as I have seen outside of NARA and there is no Jack W Martin indicated, the two Jack Martin’s with no middle initial, are also Jack S Martin BTW.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...p;relPageId=765

http://www.nara.gov/cgi-bin/starfinder/17621/jfksnew.txt

104-10117-10175

104-10117-10176

In the fall of 1963 there was a Jack W Martin residing at 1439 Hudspeth LA 8-0093, it is not known if this person was the same person as the Jack W Martin mentioned in CD 87, cited by Harold Weisberg. It would come to me a surprise if it were, as he would have seemingly been difficult to intentionally overlook. What is known is that less than one year after the assassination of President Kennedy, a Kenneth Bruce Martin was convicted of the murders of Mr and Mrs Lenferd Strickland at Mountain Creek Lake in Dallas, in a case which featured Will Fritz, and D.A William Alexander. [1] Martin had been arrested previously in Casmden, N.J. the previous January for aggravated assault on his wife, as well as threatening to kill her. His case was also marked by being granted a hearing after appealing his conviction due to the effect a search warrant used to convict him was later thrown out of court.

1 See “Martin Given Death Penalty” Dallas Morning News 10-17-1964.

Edited by Robert Howard

Robert wrote:

Hey Robert,

Diego."

other than Oswald.

I suspect the latter.

as suggested.

Thanks,

BK

Hey Tom,

BK

Jack W. Martin

Your comments seem to imply that there is something illogical in running down information on Jack W Martin, in light of the information so far submitted, it would be illogical not to, but it's nice to know where you stand.

Regarding Jack W Martin as a suspect, I agree in light of what little is known, he should be a suspect; but if you go to NARA and enter Jack W Martin, you will find O hits, if you enter Jack Martin you get 200, and you might decide that if there is something to it, then why do practically all 200 hits reference Jack S Martin or Jack J Martin or both......There is one of those 200 documents that cites a Computer Run on “Jack Martin” see below

The Index to Warren Commission Document 75 has, what I consider to be as close to a JFK Assassination Index as I have seen outside of NARA and there is no Jack W Martin indicated, the two Jack Martin’s with no middle initial, are also Jack S Martin BTW.

104-10117-10175

104-10117-10176

In the fall of 1963 there was a Jack W Martin residing at 1439 Hudspeth LA 8-0093, it is not known if this person was the same person as the Jack W Martin mentioned in CD 87, cited by Harold Weisberg. It would come to me a surprise if it were, as he would have seemingly been difficult to intentionally overlook. What is known is that less than one year after the assassination of President Kennedy, a Kenneth Bruce Martin was convicted of the murders of Mr and Mrs Lenferd Strickland at Mountain Creek Lake in Dallas, in a case which featured Will Fritz, and D.A William Alexander. [1] Martin had been arrested previously in Camden, N.J. the previous January for aggravated assault on his wife, as well as threatening to kill her. His case was also marked by being granted a hearing after appealing his conviction due to the effect a search warrant used to convict him was later thrown out of court.

There's a Camden connection! My hometown. A dead end.

Tom Pervis has also sent me on two Wild Goose chases regarding Martin, saying there is a connection with the SS Reenactment, nothing there as far as I can tell, and the James Martin textbook connection, which I find hard to link up with anything worthwhile.

BK

Robert wrote:

Hey Robert,

Diego."

other than Oswald.

I suspect the latter.

as suggested.

Thanks,

BK

Hey Tom,

BK

Jack W. Martin

104-10117-10175

104-10117-10176

In the fall of 1963 there was a Jack W Martin residing at 1439 Hudspeth LA 8-0093, it is not known if this person was the same person as the Jack W Martin mentioned in CD 87, cited by Harold Weisberg. It would come to me a surprise if it were, as he would have seemingly been difficult to intentionally overlook. What is known is that less than one year after the assassination of President Kennedy, a Kenneth Bruce Martin was convicted of the murders of Mr and Mrs Lenferd Strickland at Mountain Creek Lake in Dallas, in a case which featured Will Fritz, and D.A William Alexander. [1] Martin had been arrested previously in Camden, N.J. the previous January for aggravated assault on his wife, as well as threatening to kill her. His case was also marked by being granted a hearing after appealing his conviction due to the effect a search warrant used to convict him was later thrown out of court.

Tom Pervis has also sent me on two Wild Goose chases regarding Martin, saying there is a connection with the SS Reenactment, nothing there as far as I can tell, and the James Martin textbook connection, which I find hard to link up with anything worthwhile.

BK

No wonder you were confused and lost in regards to the "Great Houma Arms Raid".

1. It remains "Purvis" or, CPT Pervert in event that one wishes to addres by my old SF handle.

2. Tom gave you the name of ONE & ONLY ONE Jack W. Martin as the only one ever found with any potential connection.

That being an Arlington resident who was also a member of the "Textbook Committee" which approved all school textbooks utilized within the Public School System.

3. Tom neither gave you, nor stated anything relative to a "Jack W. Martin" and the SS assassination re-enactment.

Guess that not unlike the "Great Houma Arms Raid", you had to add a little to the story in order to further it's credibility.

Tom Pervis has also sent me on two Wild Goose chases

You were chasing Wild Geese and/or mythological creatures long before I came into the scene.

Guess that you have to blame being "completely lost" on someone!

Got anymore of "that original research" which you would like to share with the world Bill????

Robert wrote:

Hey Robert,

Diego."

other than Oswald.

I suspect the latter.

as suggested.

Thanks,

BK

Hey Tom,

BK

Jack W. Martin

104-10117-10175

104-10117-10176

BK

1. It remains "Purvis" or, CPT Pervert in event that one wishes to addres by my old SF handle.

2. Tom gave you the name of ONE & ONLY ONE Jack W. Martin as the only one ever found with any potential connection.

That being an Arlington resident who was also a member of the "Textbook Committee" which approved all school textbooks utilized within the Public School System.

3. Tom neither gave you, nor stated anything relative to a "Jack W. Martin" and the SS assassination re-enactment.

Guess that not unlike the "Great Houma Arms Raid", you had to add a little to the story in order to further it's credibility.

You were chasing Wild Geese and/or mythological creatures long before I came into the scene.

Got anymore of "that original research" which you would like to share with the world Bill????

Hey Tom,

I know I've been down a lot of dead end alleys, and chased my share of Wild Geese, but as a source of interesting and reliable information in the past I thought there was an answer to your riddles. Apparently not.

I just wasted time going back to get this dead goose just to make sure I wasn't nuts.

BK

Did Tom write this?

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...show=0&st=0 - entry167331

Anyone who has bottered to attempt to follow up on the "Jack Martin" lead should have also found that additional knowledge relative to the SS assassination re-enactment and filming of December 1963.

Sounds like Tom to me.

And yes, Tom I have plenty of original and I think important research, but you won't see it posted on the internet because of idiots who call up witnesses and harras them.

I thought you were on to something with the Gus J. LaBarre at 710 Pere Marquette.

Also, would you know if there's any connection between the Mancusco girl who married Gordon Novel and went on the Houma raid and Mancusco the cop?

Thanks,

BK

• 1 month later...
Robert wrote:

Hey Robert,

Diego."

other than Oswald.

I suspect the latter.

as suggested.

Thanks,

BK

Hey Tom,

BK

Jack W. Martin

104-10117-10175

104-10117-10176

BK

Hey Tom,

I know I've been down a lot of dead end alleys, and chased my share of Wild Geese, but as a source of interesting and reliable information in the past I thought there was an answer to your riddles. Apparently not.

I just wasted time going back to get this dead goose just to make sure I wasn't nuts.

BK

Did Tom write this?

Anyone who has bottered to attempt to follow up on the "Jack Martin" lead should have also found that additional knowledge relative to the SS assassination re-enactment and filming of December 1963.

Sounds like Tom to me.

And yes, Tom I have plenty of original and I think important research, but you won't see it posted on the internet because of idiots who call up witnesses and harras them.

I thought you were on to something with the Gus J. LaBarre at 710 Pere Marquette.

Also, would you know if there's any connection between the Mancusco girl who married Gordon Novel and went on the Houma raid and Mancusco the cop?

Thanks,

BK

I have it on pretty good authority that Jack W. Martin was associated with the Holy Ghost Temple Church, as I do not like to assume, I will not say this is a church in Goldonna, Louisiana, but it certainly is a possibility......

• 4 weeks later...
Robert wrote:

Hey Robert,

Diego."

other than Oswald.

I suspect the latter.

as suggested.

Thanks,

BK

Hey Tom,

BK

Jack W. Martin

104-10117-10175

104-10117-10176

BK

Hey Tom,

BK

Did Tom write this?

Sounds like Tom to me.

Thanks,

BK

I have it on pretty good authority that Jack W. Martin was associated with the Holy Ghost Temple Church, as I do not like to assume, I will not say this is a church in Goldonna, Louisiana, but it certainly is a possibility......

http://www.nara.gov/cgi-bin/starfinder/14668/jfksnew.txt

AGENCY : HSCA

RECORD NUMBER : 180-10070-10331

RECORDS SERIES : NUMBERED FILES

AGENCY FILE NUMBER : 008269 (PT. 17)

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

ORIGINATOR : NEW ORLEANS DISTRICT ATTORNEY

TO : GARRISON, JIM

TITLE : INVESTIGATION

DATE : 09/11/1967

PAGES : 1

DOCUMENT TYPE : MEMORANDUM