The Education Forum

Training Camps/Explosive Thefts/&Other Confusion

In the event that everyone is not, by now, thoroughly confused in regards to the subject matter, they sure as hell should be.

So!

First off, one should dismiss as rumor; hearsay; half-truth; innuendo; and plain ole everyday lies, much of the purported claims on the subject matter and how LHO was supposedly; rumored to be; thought to have known; etc; etc; etc.

FACTS:

BELLE CHASSE:

1. The CIA set up a "training camp" just south of New Orleans at the old abandoned portion of the Belle Chasse Naval Station ammunition depot.

2. This training camp was in conjunction with the Bay of Pigs invasion and trained selected cubans.

3. The base was never "compromised", all training was accomplished and the training area and all

equipment was removed and the area completely sterilized prior to the Bay of Pigs invasion.

4. Although the training area was never fully compromised, due to some Cuban trainees having been

recognized as they were ofloaded at the Moisant (now New Orleans International) Airport, word of the

training leaked out.

5. The Training Facility was completely closed and "clean' by 21 April, 1961.

Houma Blimp Field/aka Schlumberger Well Service Company burglary:

1. Shortly after closure and sterilization of the true Belle Chasse training camp, the David Ferrie/Gordon Novel/etc; group were led by someone into making a burglary of the Schlumberger Well Service Company's storage shed on the old US Naval Blimp Base located some 45 miles south of New Orleans at Houma, LA.

2. This "great" purportedly munitions/arms raid actually consisted of the theft of several boxes of "downhole" charges which are /were then utilized in the oilfield seismographic maping/search for oil; gas; and salt domes.

3. For all practical purposes, due to the circumstantial situation, the "Great Houma Munitions Raid" appears to be nothing more than a "Smoke" screen/aka diversionary tactic which some gullible persons were lead into, and which actions made it appear to members of the New Orleans cuban (anti-castro) grouping that the Houma Blimp factory was where the actual CIA training base/camp had been located.

Thus diverting virtually all attention away from the true training facility which had been located merely some 8-miles south of New Orleans.

The LaCombe/Covington/aka Lake Ponchatrain training facility and raid:

1. The concept of this training facility appears to have begun well prior to it's actual inception, as evidenced by the testimony of one Gerry P. Hemming who was initially duped into flying around this area in a private plane which purportedly belonged to one of the Reily Coffee Company brothers.

This appears as little more than an attempt to suck Gerry Hemming and/or his associates into becoming the fall guy for what ultimately became this training facility which was the subject of the 1963 FBI raid.

2. Although Hemming seems to have ultimately had nothing to do with the actual establishment of the training facility, he did nevertheless apparantly introduce to persons the name of an arms/munitions supplier who worked out of Collinsville, IL, which is in fact considered as a suburb of St. Louis, MO (think Organized Crime).

This individual to whom Hemming introduced, was none other than

Richard A. Lauchli of Collinsville, IL

http://americanfraud.com/possecomitatus.aspx

RICHARD LAUCHLI, TOM MOSELEY AND THE MINUTEMEN

Richard Albert Lauchli of Collinsville, Illinois, was an arms dealer who had supplied Fidel in the late 1950's. Richard Lauchli was co-founder of the Minutemen in the St. Louis, Missouri, area until September 1962, when he parted company with Minutemen co-founder Robert DePugh. CIA Office of Security traces on him were heavily deleted. [Allen v. DOD CIA] The Minutemen was organized in June 1960 by right-wing paramilitarists whose goal was to become a partisan guerrilla force after the Soviets took over the United States. Minutemen literature furnished instructions in the use of explosives and also gave details for the making of explosive compounds from such readily accessible ingredients as a common fertilizer, ammonium nitrate.

================================================================================

The actual raid on the Lacombe/Ponchatraine training facility on July 31, 1963, resulted in the capture of explosive which Richard Lauchli had purchased and provided to the McLaney group who were apparantly footing much of the costs related to this training camp.

In addition to the explosives, a group of cuban's who were training at a removed areas were also arrested by the FBI.

These cubans had been brought in under the guise of the "Guatemala Lumber Company" umbrella.

Several of these cubans had decided that they did not care for the training and had taken flight to New Orleans.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/bringuier.htm

Mr. BRINGUIER. And you see, in August 24, 1962, my organization, the Cuban Student Directorate, carry on a shelling of Havana, and a few days later when person from the FBI contacted me here in New Orleans--his name was Warren C. de Brueys. Mr. de Brueys was talking to me in the Thompson Cafeteria. At that moment I was the only one from the Cuban Student Directorate here in the city, and he was asking to me about my activities here in the city, and when I told him that I was the only one, he didn't believe that, and he advised me and I quote, "We could infiltrate your organization and find out what you are doing here." My answer to him was, "Well, you will have to infiltrate myself, because I am the only one." And I want to put this out, because after that some part of the press or some persons now are trying to use to tell that maybe Oswald was a man from the FBI or the CIA. I will go into that later on.

After that, after my conversation with de Brueys, I always was waiting that maybe someone will come to infiltrate my organization from the FBI, because I already was told by one of the FBI agent that they will try to infiltrate my organization.

Next thing is this: On August 2, 1963, I receive in my store--I have over there the office of the delegation too, the visit of two Cubans, who told me that they had already desert from one Anti-Castro training camp that was across Lake Pontchartrain here in New Orleans. Until that moment I did not know nothing about that Anti-Castro training camp here in the city, and they told me that that Anti-Castro training camp was a branch of the Christian Democratic Movement--that is another Anti-Castro organization-- and they told me that they had the fear inside the training camp that there was a Castro agent inside that training camp.

A few days before, too, the police found here in New Orleans about 1 mile from that training camp a big lot of ammunition and weapons and all those things, and when Oswald came to me on August 5 I had inside myself the feeling, well, maybe this is from the FBI,

================================================================================

=

Due to LHO's actions with Carlos, which occurred on August 5, it makes it appear as if LHO's actions were directly intended to "POINT" the finger at Carlos Bringuier and his group as having some responsiblity for the LaCombe/Lake Ponchatrain training camp and munitions which the FBI had raided on July 31, 1963.

In the event that everyone is not, by now, thoroughly confused in regards to the subject matter, they sure as hell should be.

So!

First off, one should dismiss as rumor; hearsay; half-truth; innuendo; and plain ole everyday lies, much of the purported claims on the subject matter and how LHO was supposedly; rumored to be; thought to have known; etc; etc; etc.

FACTS:

BELLE CHASSE:

1. The CIA set up a "training camp" just south of New Orleans at the old abandoned portion of the Belle Chasse Naval Station ammunition depot.

2. This training camp was in conjunction with the Bay of Pigs invasion and trained selected cubans.

3. The base was never "compromised", all training was accomplished and the training area and all

equipment was removed and the area completely sterilized prior to the Bay of Pigs invasion.

4. Although the training area was never fully compromised, due to some Cuban trainees having been

recognized as they were ofloaded at the Moisant (now New Orleans International) Airport, word of the

training leaked out.

5. The Training Facility was completely closed and "clean' by 21 April, 1961.

Houma Blimp Field/aka Schlumberger Well Service Company burglary:

1. Shortly after closure and sterilization of the true Belle Chasse training camp, the David Ferrie/Gordon Novel/etc; group were led by someone into making a burglary of the Schlumberger Well Service Company's storage shed on the old US Naval Blimp Base located some 45 miles south of New Orleans at Houma, LA.

2. This "great" purportedly munitions/arms raid actually consisted of the theft of several boxes of "downhole" charges which are /were then utilized in the oilfield seismographic maping/search for oil; gas; and salt domes.

3. For all practical purposes, due to the circumstantial situation, the "Great Houma Munitions Raid" appears to be nothing more than a "Smoke" screen/aka diversionary tactic which some gullible persons were lead into, and which actions made it appear to members of the New Orleans cuban (anti-castro) grouping that the Houma Blimp factory was where the actual CIA training base/camp had been located.

Thus diverting virtually all attention away from the true training facility which had been located merely some 8-miles south of New Orleans.

The LaCombe/Covington/aka Lake Ponchatrain training facility and raid:

1. The concept of this training facility appears to have begun well prior to it's actual inception, as evidenced by the testimony of one Gerry P. Hemming who was initially duped into flying around this area in a private plane which purportedly belonged to one of the Reily Coffee Company brothers.

This appears as little more than an attempt to suck Gerry Hemming and/or his associates into becoming the fall guy for what ultimately became this training facility which was the subject of the 1963 FBI raid.

2. Although Hemming seems to have ultimately had nothing to do with the actual establishment of the training facility, he did nevertheless apparantly introduce to persons the name of an arms/munitions supplier who worked out of Collinsville, IL, which is in fact considered as a suburb of St. Louis, MO (think Organized Crime).

This individual to whom Hemming introduced, was none other than

Richard A. Lauchli of Collinsville, IL

http://americanfraud.com/possecomitatus.aspx

RICHARD LAUCHLI, TOM MOSELEY AND THE MINUTEMEN

Richard Albert Lauchli of Collinsville, Illinois, was an arms dealer who had supplied Fidel in the late 1950's. Richard Lauchli was co-founder of the Minutemen in the St. Louis, Missouri, area until September 1962, when he parted company with Minutemen co-founder Robert DePugh. CIA Office of Security traces on him were heavily deleted. [Allen v. DOD CIA] The Minutemen was organized in June 1960 by right-wing paramilitarists whose goal was to become a partisan guerrilla force after the Soviets took over the United States. Minutemen literature furnished instructions in the use of explosives and also gave details for the making of explosive compounds from such readily accessible ingredients as a common fertilizer, ammonium nitrate.

The actual raid on the Lacombe/Ponchatraine training facility on July 31, 1963, resulted in the capture of explosive which Richard Lauchli had purchased and provided to the McLaney group who were apparantly footing much of the costs related to this training camp.

In addition to the explosives, a group of cuban's who were training at a removed areas were also arrested by the FBI.

These cubans had been brought in under the guise of the "Guatemala Lumber Company" umbrella.

Several of these cubans had decided that they did not care for the training and had taken flight to New Orleans.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/bringuier.htm

Mr. BRINGUIER. And you see, in August 24, 1962, my organization, the Cuban Student Directorate, carry on a shelling of Havana, and a few days later when person from the FBI contacted me here in New Orleans--his name was Warren C. de Brueys. Mr. de Brueys was talking to me in the Thompson Cafeteria. At that moment I was the only one from the Cuban Student Directorate here in the city, and he was asking to me about my activities here in the city, and when I told him that I was the only one, he didn't believe that, and he advised me and I quote, "We could infiltrate your organization and find out what you are doing here." My answer to him was, "Well, you will have to infiltrate myself, because I am the only one." And I want to put this out, because after that some part of the press or some persons now are trying to use to tell that maybe Oswald was a man from the FBI or the CIA. I will go into that later on.

After that, after my conversation with de Brueys, I always was waiting that maybe someone will come to infiltrate my organization from the FBI, because I already was told by one of the FBI agent that they will try to infiltrate my organization.

Next thing is this: On August 2, 1963, I receive in my store--I have over there the office of the delegation too, the visit of two Cubans, who told me that they had already desert from one Anti-Castro training camp that was across Lake Pontchartrain here in New Orleans. Until that moment I did not know nothing about that Anti-Castro training camp here in the city, and they told me that that Anti-Castro training camp was a branch of the Christian Democratic Movement--that is another Anti-Castro organization-- and they told me that they had the fear inside the training camp that there was a Castro agent inside that training camp.

A few days before, too, the police found here in New Orleans about 1 mile from that training camp a big lot of ammunition and weapons and all those things, and when Oswald came to me on August 5 I had inside myself the feeling, well, maybe this is from the FBI,

=

Due to LHO's actions with Carlos, which occurred on August 5, it makes it appear as if LHO's actions were directly intended to "POINT" the finger at Carlos Bringuier and his group as having some responsiblity for the LaCombe/Lake Ponchatrain training camp and munitions which the FBI had raided on July 31, 1963.

All about (mostly anyhow) the LaCombe/Lake Ponchatrain training facility and it's purportedly independently wealthy backers.

http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/hsca...10_AC_7_MDC.pdf

Just for the record:

http://www.answers.com/topic/batista-y-zald-var-fulgencio

Fulgencio Batista

Maria-Teresa, the present Grand Duchess of Luxembourg (born 1956, is a grand-niece of Feulgencio Batista (her maiden name was Maria-Teresa Mestre y Batista-Falla).

Thomas:

I agree with you that there were several different facilities in the 1961-3 period; that they did not necessarily involve the same persons; and that many JFK researchers seem to miss the distinctions and confuse the chronology.

However, you state that the Houma caper occurred "shortly after" the Belle Chasse facility was closed. I disagree. ALL of the clues emanating from the participants point to a date sometime in September 1961. Most important, Arcacha went to the FBI with an ass-covering story of being approached by two Americans regarding what appears to be the Houma materials; this was probably Novel and Ehlinger, and Arcacha's FBI contact occurred in mid-September. (I don't have the document in front of me right now).

The Houma date has confused many writers. DiEugenio was insistent that it was pre-Bay of Pigs, but I think he's confusing that with an earlier Ferrie caper.

My take on the date is not 100% certain, but it is much more in concert with the half-dozen or so available dates from the particpants.

Thomas:

I agree with you that there were several different facilities in the 1961-3 period; that they did not necessarily involve the same persons; and that many JFK researchers seem to miss the distinctions and confuse the chronology.

However, you state that the Houma caper occurred "shortly after" the Belle Chasse facility was closed. I disagree. ALL of the clues emanating from the participants point to a date sometime in September 1961. Most important, Arcacha went to the FBI with an ass-covering story of being approached by two Americans regarding what appears to be the Houma materials; this was probably Novel and Ehlinger, and Arcacha's FBI contact occurred in mid-September. (I don't have the document in front of me right now).

The Houma date has confused many writers. DiEugenio was insistent that it was pre-Bay of Pigs, but I think he's confusing that with an earlier Ferrie caper.

My take on the date is not 100% certain, but it is much more in concert with the half-dozen or so available dates from the particpants.

Stehen;

Thanks for the reply, and "hold that thought"!

I will get back to you as to why I have become convinced that the Houma (Blimp Base) theft of the Schlumberger Well Service Company's seismographic charges occurred after the closure of the true CIA training facility which was located at the Belle Chasse Naval Ammunition Depot.

Nevertheless, even with what little I know, the actual date is as you state, still one of speculation which has yet to be fully confirmed.

Hope the next edition on the LaCombe/Ponchatrain facility(s) of 1963 sheds some additional knowledge for you.

Tom

First off, one must understand the considerable difference between those who have actually "lived" in history, as opposed to those who merely attempt to learn about it through reading what is often vague and frequently erroneous writings of others.

Sort of like the difference between one who receives his Degree in a field, yet has absolutely no "hands-on" experience, v. someone who has say 20+ years of actual experience in the field yet has never sat in a classroom on the subject matter.

So, be it a "History" of the war in Vietnam, or a "History" of the New Orleans area, neither side of the equation will be correct as neither side is completely exposed to all aspects of where; why; and what actually transpired.

With that stated, unless one is considerably knowledgeale of New Orleans and how things operate and have operated there for a long, long, long, time, then one is handicapped in any attempt to write about and/or explain much relative to what truly goes on in that area.

And, even with that knowledge, unless one has actually "been there", then they still can not fathom the completely different and frequently unique character as to how New Orleans has developed.

Sort of like living in Canada and attempting to write a truly factual and knowledgeable articlle on the "White Knights of the KKK".

With that stated:

Hopefully, one will take the time to fully read this!

Then:

http://www.ajweberman.com/nodules2/nodulec14.htm

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Through his business connections and his anti-Castro activities, Davis became acquainted with members of the John Birch Society at New Orleans. With the assistance of John Birch Society members, Davis set up a training site for exiled Cubans on the DeLeBarre estate, LaCombe, Louisiana, which is near New Orleans...Davis emphatically denied any association between the cache of bombs and his training camp. It is Davis' understanding, a gambler who formerly had ties in Cuba and Las Vegas, was responsible for the bomb cache.++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Now! Anyone who has "been there", would immediately associate the "name recognition" and importance of this information.

And, since I long ago "pointed" to this road, might I take the time (for those who missed it, to again point out the importance of this turn in the road which one should take the time to follow).

Charter/Organization ID: 03300690N

Name: THE POLITICAL LEAGUE

Type Entity: Non-Profit Corporation

2009 Annual Report/Reinstatement form is required in order to reinstate Print Annual Report/Reinstatement Form For Filing

Mailing Address: 710 PERE MARQUETTE, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Domicile Address: 710 PERE MARQUETTE, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

File Date: 02/04/1963

Registered Agent (Appointed 2/04/1963): HUBERT J. BADEAUX, 8241 HICKORY ST, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70118

Registered Agent (Appointed 2/04/1963): F. D. V. DE LA BARRE, 4122 PITT ST, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70115

===============================================================================

Charter/Organization ID: 26303000D

Name: GUATEMALA LUMBER & MINERAL CORPORATION

Type Entity: Business Corporation

(to be continued)

Thanks, Thomas.

Again, I am inclined to stand by the September date, barring any new reason to consider another date. Just from memory, the people who, at least once, placed the date in September were Novel, Ehlinger, Mancuso, Martens and Arcacha.

It also dovetails with a sighting of arms in Banister's office by Vernon Gerdes; with Quiroga's account of driving the arms to Miami; with a possible sighting of the arms by John V. Harris, later reported to the FBI; and with Arcacha's call to the FBI about two Americans peddling arms.

It fits in with reports I've had that Ferrie's most active period with the FRD/CRC was between August-October 1961 (after his EAL suspension, but before he was ostracized over morals issues). There are reports that Ferrie was going a little crazy in this period. He also appplied for a passport in September. Also, I have doubts that it was earlier due to the fact that anything left behind in his apartment might have been found in a police search on August 22 (and other subsequent police searches.)

Again, not definitive, but all the signs point to the same period.

Now, ANOTHER bit of confusion for the camp issue: In September 1960, having been forced out of the legit CAP, Ferrie started an ersatz unit called the Metairie Falcon Cadet Squadron. An offshoot of that was his IMSUs: Internal Mobile Security Units, formed in early 1961. As best I can tell, this was a short-lived venture involving his Falcon boys. They did training somewhere in Kenner near Moisant Airport and traveled there in some sort of light blue bus. This is somtimes glommed in with the other camps.

Thanks, Thomas.

Again, I am inclined to stand by the September date, barring any new reason to consider another date. Just from memory, the people who, at least once, placed the date in September were Novel, Ehlinger, Mancuso, Martens and Arcacha.

It also dovetails with a sighting of arms in Banister's office by Vernon Gerdes; with Quiroga's account of driving the arms to Miami; with a possible sighting of the arms by John V. Harris, later reported to the FBI; and with Arcacha's call to the FBI about two Americans peddling arms.

It fits in with reports I've had that Ferrie's most active period with the FRD/CRC was between August-October 1961 (after his EAL suspension, but before he was ostracized over morals issues). There are reports that Ferrie was going a little crazy in this period. He also appplied for a passport in September. Also, I have doubts that it was earlier due to the fact that anything left behind in his apartment might have been found in a police search on August 22 (and other subsequent police searches.)

Now, ANOTHER bit of confusion for the camp issue: In September 1960, having been forced out of the legit CAP, Ferrie started an ersatz unit called the Metairie Falcon Cadet Squadron. An offshoot of that was his IMSUs: Internal Mobile Security Units, formed in early 1961. As best I can tell, this was a short-lived venture involving his Falcon boys. They did training somewhere in Kenner near Moisant Airport and traveled there in some sort of light blue bus. This is somtimes glommed in with the other camps.

Stephen,

As a Ferrie specialist, can you answer the question in the Winnipeg Airport Incident thread re: Ferrie wearing thick glasses?

Did David Ferrie wear glasses?

Thanks,

Bill Kelly

Thanks, Thomas.

Stephen,

As a Ferrie specialist, can you answer the question in the Winnipeg Airport Incident thread re: Ferrie wearing thick glasses?

Thanks,

Bill Kelly

And as for the "Training Camp" on the McLaney property, there was none.

According to Byron Chiverton, the next door neighbor and in law of McLaney,

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...mp;relPageId=34

Which clearly shows that the property is only the 300 feet, the size of a football field, and only had a trailer on it, with the neighbors there at vacation homes, totally unsuitable for a "training camp," or even storage of anything.

Nor were any gun fireing or exploding going on, as none of the neighbors heard any, and nobody was there for more than a week or Chiverton would have met them as he was the caretaker, and of all the dozens of names given up in the newspaper story on the raid, Turner, Flamonde, Pervis or any of the experts on this matter - he never saw any of them.

The only name Chiverton gives up is Jose Juarez, who is mentioned in Harold Weisberg's book Oswald in New Orleans (P. 69) but I don't have it. Anyone who does, it would be nice to know what this refers to. JOSE JUAREZ.

Getting a trace on Jose Juarez would be interesting.

The property was owned by Bill and Mike McLaney's mom, Mrs. Julia McLaney.

If it is true that Mrs. Julia McLaney also owned the apartment building in New Orleans where Oswald lived, could also make things interesting.

What ever happened at McLaney's Lake house, it wasn't training anybody for anything.

And I think of all the names associated with the raid, Jose Juarez and Mrs. Julia McLaney are the two I want to look at more closely.

And Bill McLaney had a residence on Camp Street?

More erroneous hearsay, half-truths, innuendo, pure speculation, out-and-out lies, and complete lack of BS research to come, to keep you laughing....

BK

Edited by William Kelly

Thanks, Thomas.

Stephen,

Thanks,

Bill Kelly

And as for the "Training Camp" on the McLaney property, there was none.

According to Byron Chiverton, the next door neighbor and in law of McLaney,

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...mp;relPageId=34

Which clearly shows that the property is only the 300 feet, the size of a football field, and only had a trailer on it, with the neighbors there at vacation homes, totally unsuitable for a "training camp," or even storage of anything.

Nor were any gun fireing or exploding going on, as none of the neighbors heard any, and nobody was there for more than a week or Chiverton would have met them as he was the caretaker, and of all the dozens of names given up in the newspaper story on the raid, Turner, Flamonde, Pervis or any of the experts on this matter - he never saw any of them.

The only name Chiverton gives up is Jose Juarez, who is mentioned in Harold Weisberg's book Oswald in New Orleans (P. 69) but I don't have it. Anyone who does, it would be nice to know what this refers to. JOSE JUAREZ.

Getting a trace on Jose Juarez would be interesting.

The property was owned by Bill and Mike McLaney's mom, Mrs. Julia McLaney.

If it is true that Mrs. Julia McLaney also owned the apartment building in New Orleans where Oswald lived, could also make things interesting.

What ever happened at McLaney's Lake house, it wasn't training anybody for anything.

And I think of all the names associated with the raid, Jose Juarez and Mrs. Julia McLaney are the two I want to look at more closely.

More erroneous hearsay, half-truths, innuendo, pure speculation, out-and-out lies, and complete lack of BS research to come, to keep you laughing....

BK

The McLaney property was where the explosives and other munitions (which had primarily been provided by Lauchli) were retrieved during the raid.

The persons who were purportedly being trained were removed from another area which supposedly covered portions of the old De La Barre family plantation.

Since they were two completely seperate areas and the cubans were not found to be in possession of any of the explosives, they ultimately could not be charged with any violations of law.

=

http://www.lahistory.org/site33.php

PASCALIS DE LA BARRE, François, soldier, planter, colonial official. Son of Jacques Pascalis and Renée Le Royer. Came to Louisiana at the age of 28 in 1749 or early 1750. Married Marie Charlotte Volant (d. 1802) between 1750 and 1754. Children: François Pierre Volant, Charlotte, and Marie. Commissioned an officer in the Second Ordinary Company of the Heudicourt Regiment (1743) and left in 1746 to pursue career in the military where he had become a captain. Eventually owned several plantations with first one bought in 1750. Served as criminal sheriff, chief of police, city treasurer, member of the court of appeals, liquor inspector and city councilman. Inspected city after second great fire (1794) and made a list of every destitute family. Died, New Orleans, December 24, 1803. A.E.D. Source: William D. De La Barre Reeves, Life of a French Creole Family in Louisiana (1980).

http://www.himandus.net/hofh/chauvin/chauv...harts_rweb.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The "De La Barre" family of New Orleans is/was, for all practical purposes, considered as Royalty.

First off, one must understand the considerable difference between those who have actually "lived" in history, as opposed to those who merely attempt to learn about it through reading what is often vague and frequently erroneous writings of others.

Sort of like the difference between one who receives his Degree in a field, yet has absolutely no "hands-on" experience, v. someone who has say 20+ years of actual experience in the field yet has never sat in a classroom on the subject matter.

So, be it a "History" of the war in Vietnam, or a "History" of the New Orleans area, neither side of the equation will be correct as neither side is completely exposed to all aspects of where; why; and what actually transpired.

With that stated, unless one is considerably knowledgeale of New Orleans and how things operate and have operated there for a long, long, long, time, then one is handicapped in any attempt to write about and/or explain much relative to what truly goes on in that area.

And, even with that knowledge, unless one has actually "been there", then they still can not fathom the completely different and frequently unique character as to how New Orleans has developed.

Sort of like living in Canada and attempting to write a truly factual and knowledgeable articlle on the "White Knights of the KKK".

With that stated:

Then:

Through his business connections and his anti-Castro activities, Davis became acquainted with members of the John Birch Society at New Orleans. With the assistance of John Birch Society members, Davis set up a training site for exiled Cubans on the DeLeBarre estate, LaCombe, Louisiana, which is near New Orleans...Davis emphatically denied any association between the cache of bombs and his training camp. It is Davis' understanding, a gambler who formerly had ties in Cuba and Las Vegas, was responsible for the bomb cache.++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Now! Anyone who has "been there", would immediately associate the "name recognition" and importance of this information.

And, since I long ago "pointed" to this road, might I take the time (for those who missed it, to again point out the importance of this turn in the road which one should take the time to follow).

2009 Annual Report/Reinstatement form is required in order to reinstate Print Annual Report/Reinstatement Form For Filing

Registered Agent (Appointed 2/04/1963): HUBERT J. BADEAUX, 8241 HICKORY ST, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70118

Registered Agent (Appointed 2/04/1963): F. D. V. DE LA BARRE, 4122 PITT ST, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70115

(to be continued)

Steven;

Since it would appear that you have considerable interest as well as abilities in conduct of factual research, I will again provide some information which may assist in following a long and fully "cold" trail.

However, first off!

One must recognize the New Orleans is the home of organized crime, and it is therefore where the cellular organization concept actually originated within this organization.

This same type organization was utilized throughout New Orleans during the occupation by Federal Forces during the Civil War.

Only, it was utilized by those within positions of power within the New Orleans elite, in order to stymie the efforts of the Federal Troops to actually control the city.

This same type cellular organization is what is utilized within the covert fields of intelligence agencies due to the efficiency in creation of confusion and false trails

For these reasons, it is most unlikely that the "exact" answers to exactly who was behind LHO and his activities, will most likely never be resolved to an "absolute".

Nevertheless, sufficient trails remain that one can, to a relative degree of certainty, identify individuals who were participants in the overall game, even if one can not absolutely put their finger on the most likely single individual who was directing LHO and his activities and actions.

With that stated:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Name: ROYALTY & MINERAL OWNERS ASSOCIATION OF LOUISIANA

2008 Annual Report/Reinstatement form is required in order to reinstate Print Annual Report/Reinstatement Form For Filing

Mailing Address:

Domicile Address: NEW ORLEANS, LA 70150

File Date: 08/25/1954

Registered Agent (Appointed 8/25/1954): KALFORD K. MIAZZA, 1806 NATL BK OF COMM, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Registered Agent (Appointed 8/25/1954): F. D. V DELABARRE, 1806 NATL BK OF COMM, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Name: LOUISIANA ROYALTIES, INC.

Last Report Filed on 08/31/C-84

Mailing Address: 1500 AMERICAN BANK BUILDING, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

Domicile Address: 1500 AMERICAN BANK BUILDING, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

File Date: 07/15/1960

Registered Agent (Appointed 7/15/1960): F.D.V. DE LA BARRE, 1501 AMERICAN BANK BUILDING, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

President: THOMAS D. BURBANK, 1500 AMER. BANK BLDG, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

Vice President: RONALD W. MISTROT, 1500 AMER. BANK BLDG, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

Secretary/Treasurer: LOUIS J. ROUSSEL, 1500 AMER. BANK BLDG, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

Additional officers may exist on document

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/roussel.htm

AFFIDAVIT OF HENRY J. ROUSSEL, JR.

Name: CONSERVATIVE POLITICAL ASSOCIATION

2008 Annual Report/Reinstatement form is required in order to reinstate Print Annual Report/Reinstatement Form For Filing

Mailing Address: 909 NATL BK OF COMM., NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Domicile Address: 909 NATL BK OF COMM., NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

File Date: 12/22/1960

Registered Agent (Appointed 12/22/1960): FERNAND F. WILLOZ III, 1214 BOURBON ST, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70116

Registered Agent (Appointed 12/22/1960): HUBERT BADEAUX, 8241 HICKORY ST, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70118

Registered Agent (Appointed 12/22/1960): FELIX H. LAPEYRE, 2207 STATE ST, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70118

Name: DOLLY SHOE CO., INC.

Mailing Address: ', NEW ORLEANS, LA 70150

Domicile Address: ', NEW ORLEANS, LA 70150

File Date: 01/24/1955

Registered Agent (Appointed 1/24/1955): CHARLES ROSEN II, 1801 HIBERNIA BK BD., NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Registered Agent (Appointed 1/24/1955): FELIX H. LAPEYRE, 1801 HIBERNIA BK BD., NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

It is assumed that you are aware of the employment history of Marguerite Oswald as well as LHO, with the Dolly Shoe Store.

As well as the fact that the "Charles Rosen" is the one of the attorney's for whom Marguerite Oswald worked for when she was a young teenage "Marguerite Claverie".

Name: GREEN WAVE CLUB

Mailing Address: 308 CAMP ST., NEW ORLEANS, LA 70115

Domicile Address: 308 CAMP ST., NEW ORLEANS, LA 70115

File Date: 09/27/1966

Registered Agent (Appointed 9/27/1966): CHARLES DUNBAR, HIBERNIA BLDG., NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Registered Agent (Appointed 9/27/1966): CHARLES ROSEN, II., 22K BARONNE ST., NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Although the "Green Wave Club" did not come into official existance until 1966, Charles Rosen as well as Charles Dunbar and others had sponsored fund raising drives to support the Tulane football team for years well prior, just as they were Tulane alumni who had know each other for years.

A portion of which ultimately leads one back to:

==================================

Name: FOR AMERICA

Type Entity: Non-Profit Corporation or Co-op (Non-Louisiana)

Mailing Address: 208 S LASALLE ST, CHICAGO, IL 60604

Domicile Address: 208 S LASALLE ST, CHICAGO, IL 60604

Principal Office: 208 S LASALLE ST, CHICAGO, IL 60604

Principal Bus. Est. in Louisiana:

Qualified: 07/14/1954

Registered Agent (Appointed 7/14/1954): CHARLES E. DUNBAR, JR., 321 ST. CHARLES, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

Registered Agent (Appointed 7/14/1954): SUMTER D. MARKS, JR., 321 ST CHARLES, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

Registered Agent (Appointed 7/14/1954): LOUIS B. CLAVERIE, 321 ST. CHARLES, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

===============================

and;

http://www.jfk-online.com/jpsgatguat.html

After leaving the FBI offices, BARRIOS and GATLIN met with a Mr. DUNBAR, who occasionally represents the United Fruit Co. in New Orleans. They asked for one million dollars from the United Fruit Co., in support of BARRIOS' intended revolutionary movement in Guatemala, but they were unsuccessful in obtaining any commitment.

Front door:-----321 St. Charles

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Fruit_Company

Thanks, Thomas.

Stephen,

Thanks,

Bill Kelly

As I noted in a PM, I haven't seen anything indicating that Ferrie ever wore glasses (except, of course, sunglasses.)

With that stated:

Then:

(to be continued)

Steven;

Since it would appear that you have considerable interest as well as abilities in conduct of factual research, I will again provide some information which may assist in following a long and fully "cold" trail.

However, first off!

One must recognize the New Orleans is the home of organized crime, and it is therefore where the cellular organization concept actually originated within this organization.

This same type organization was utilized throughout New Orleans during the occupation by Federal Forces during the Civil War.

Only, it was utilized by those within positions of power within the New Orleans elite, in order to stymie the efforts of the Federal Troops to actually control the city.

This same type cellular organization is what is utilized within the covert fields of intelligence agencies due to the efficiency in creation of confusion and false trails

For these reasons, it is most unlikely that the "exact" answers to exactly who was behind LHO and his activities, will most likely never be resolved to an "absolute".

Nevertheless, sufficient trails remain that one can, to a relative degree of certainty, identify individuals who were participants in the overall game, even if one can not absolutely put their finger on the most likely single individual who was directing LHO and his activities and actions.

With that stated:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Name: ROYALTY & MINERAL OWNERS ASSOCIATION OF LOUISIANA

Mailing Address:

Domicile Address: NEW ORLEANS, LA 70150

File Date: 08/25/1954

Registered Agent (Appointed 8/25/1954): KALFORD K. MIAZZA, 1806 NATL BK OF COMM, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Registered Agent (Appointed 8/25/1954): F. D. V DELABARRE, 1806 NATL BK OF COMM, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Name: LOUISIANA ROYALTIES, INC.

Last Report Filed on 08/31/C-84

Mailing Address: 1500 AMERICAN BANK BUILDING, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

Domicile Address: 1500 AMERICAN BANK BUILDING, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

File Date: 07/15/1960

Registered Agent (Appointed 7/15/1960): F.D.V. DE LA BARRE, 1501 AMERICAN BANK BUILDING, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

President: THOMAS D. BURBANK, 1500 AMER. BANK BLDG, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

Vice President: RONALD W. MISTROT, 1500 AMER. BANK BLDG, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

Secretary/Treasurer: LOUIS J. ROUSSEL, 1500 AMER. BANK BLDG, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

Additional officers may exist on document

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/roussel.htm

AFFIDAVIT OF HENRY J. ROUSSEL, JR.

Name: CONSERVATIVE POLITICAL ASSOCIATION

Mailing Address: 909 NATL BK OF COMM., NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Domicile Address: 909 NATL BK OF COMM., NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

File Date: 12/22/1960

Registered Agent (Appointed 12/22/1960): FERNAND F. WILLOZ III, 1214 BOURBON ST, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70116

Registered Agent (Appointed 12/22/1960): HUBERT BADEAUX, 8241 HICKORY ST, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70118

Registered Agent (Appointed 12/22/1960): FELIX H. LAPEYRE, 2207 STATE ST, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70118

Name: DOLLY SHOE CO., INC.

Mailing Address: ', NEW ORLEANS, LA 70150

Domicile Address: ', NEW ORLEANS, LA 70150

File Date: 01/24/1955

Registered Agent (Appointed 1/24/1955): CHARLES ROSEN II, 1801 HIBERNIA BK BD., NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Registered Agent (Appointed 1/24/1955): FELIX H. LAPEYRE, 1801 HIBERNIA BK BD., NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

It is assumed that you are aware of the employment history of Marguerite Oswald as well as LHO, with the Dolly Shoe Store.

As well as the fact that the "Charles Rosen" is the one of the attorney's for whom Marguerite Oswald worked for when she was a young teenage "Marguerite Claverie".

Name: GREEN WAVE CLUB

Mailing Address: 308 CAMP ST., NEW ORLEANS, LA 70115

Domicile Address: 308 CAMP ST., NEW ORLEANS, LA 70115

File Date: 09/27/1966

Registered Agent (Appointed 9/27/1966): CHARLES DUNBAR, HIBERNIA BLDG., NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Registered Agent (Appointed 9/27/1966): CHARLES ROSEN, II., 22K BARONNE ST., NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Although the "Green Wave Club" did not come into official existance until 1966, Charles Rosen as well as Charles Dunbar and others had sponsored fund raising drives to support the Tulane football team for years well prior, just as they were Tulane alumni who had know each other for years.

A portion of which ultimately leads one back to:

==================================

Name: FOR AMERICA

Type Entity: Non-Profit Corporation or Co-op (Non-Louisiana)

Mailing Address: 208 S LASALLE ST, CHICAGO, IL 60604

Domicile Address: 208 S LASALLE ST, CHICAGO, IL 60604

Principal Office: 208 S LASALLE ST, CHICAGO, IL 60604

Principal Bus. Est. in Louisiana:

Qualified: 07/14/1954

Registered Agent (Appointed 7/14/1954): CHARLES E. DUNBAR, JR., 321 ST. CHARLES, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

Registered Agent (Appointed 7/14/1954): SUMTER D. MARKS, JR., 321 ST CHARLES, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

Registered Agent (Appointed 7/14/1954): LOUIS B. CLAVERIE, 321 ST. CHARLES, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

===============================

and;

http://www.jfk-online.com/jpsgatguat.html

After leaving the FBI offices, BARRIOS and GATLIN met with a Mr. DUNBAR, who occasionally represents the United Fruit Co. in New Orleans. They asked for one million dollars from the United Fruit Co., in support of BARRIOS' intended revolutionary movement in Guatemala, but they were unsuccessful in obtaining any commitment.

Front door:-----321 St. Charles

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Fruit_Company

Thomas:

Thanks for the info.

I'm not sure what you're indicating in the bulk of this post. I'm not sure who, if anyone, was directing Oswald.

My focus is obtaining as much info as possible on who Ferrie was, and sorting and presenting it. In the course of that, I have had to consider the various entities sometimes grouped as "training camps" and the like.

Thanks, Thomas.

Stephen,

Thanks,

Bill Kelly

As I noted in a PM, I haven't seen anything indicating that Ferrie ever wore glasses (except, of course, sunglasses.)

Well, that eleminates him as a suspect in the Winnipeg Airport Incident, and Flamonde's entire article that assumes it is him. I think Peter Whitmey and John Belavonsitasky's articles on the same subject are just as worthless in speculation as to the identities of those invovled.

BK

I've expressed to Whitmey that I have my doubts about Ferrie being involved in Winnipeg, but he is somewhat persuaded by Giesbrecht's identification of Ferrie.

However, I did find something of interest: Ferrie was pretty well occupied in the New Orleans area at that time, starting up his service station. But his uncle died on or about that date (Feb 13, 1964) and he and a friend drove north to Cleveland for the funeral. But before one jumps to the suspicion that Ferrie secretly made a side trip to Winnipeg, keep in mind that the friend noticed no absence, and that Winnipeg is 1882 miles from Cleveland.

I've expressed to Whitmey that I have my doubts about Ferrie being involved in Winnipeg, but he is somewhat persuaded by Giesbrecht's identification of Ferrie.

However, I did find something of interest: Ferrie was pretty well occupied in the New Orleans area at that time, starting up his service station. But his uncle died on or about that date (Feb 13, 1964) and he and a friend drove north to Cleveland for the funeral. But before one jumps to the suspicion that Ferrie secretly made a side trip to Winnipeg, keep in mind that the friend noticed no absence, and that Winnipeg is 1882 miles from Cleveland.

But Ferrie was somehow associated with the training camps, and if so which one?

BK