The Education Forum

Question for Tosh

Tosh,

First of all, thanks for being here. There is so much history that is still unknown from the early '60s.

One of the things that I am interested in is the "Bayo-Pawley" raid aka Operation Tilt. From what little I know, this was an assassination attempt against Castro that was disguised as a retrieval of Russian Colonel(s) that had knowledge of missiles that were still in Cuba.

You mentioned that you were going to exfiltrate Eddie Perez. My question: was anyone succesful in getting him out of Cuba?

As of Sept 1963, Luis Angel Castillo (Pezez's brother or son-in-law) was still attempting to bring him out.

Dave

Don't mean this as reply, not familiar with the mechanics yet on this forum

Question for Tosh

Tosh, do you think there were other events dealing with Cuba going on in Dallas that day you flew in Roselli? Like, maybe the assassination compromised other events. I wonder since LHO was near other "safehouse" types of places and perhaps those places had nothing to do with the assassination.

Tosh,

First of all, thanks for being here. There is so much history that is still unknown from the early '60s.

One of the things that I am interested in is the "Bayo-Pawley" raid aka Operation Tilt. From what little I know, this was an assassination attempt against Castro that was disguised as a retrieval of Russian Colonel(s) that had knowledge of missiles that were still in Cuba.

You mentioned that you were going to exfiltrate Eddie Perez. My question: was anyone succesful in getting him out of Cuba?

As of Sept 1963, Luis Angel Castillo (Pezez's brother or son-in-law) was still attempting to bring him out.

Dave

Dave I'll get back to you on a few details about the Bayo/Pawley-Pezez as well as Jose Perez and the Russian missile techs removed from Cuba and what happened to them.  You might want to get a  copy of Deadly Secrets by Warren Hinckle and Bill Turner if you do not have one... I'll go a little deeper into my part if you like.... I did post a little something about background information which leads up to some of this....   Operation "Tilt and OPs 'Red Cross" have been inter-woven over the years..  One of the coded lines during those OPs was from a song that was played over Miami radio... " Poinsiettia. Your branches speak to me of love... Pale moon casting  shadows from above".  If that was played over Miami or Swan Island radio.. then you were to ABORT the mission... just food for thought.... believe me as we go in to these OPS you will understand what some of this means and why... for now give me the benefit of the doubt... I will tie it all together for the forum and document it if they will let me.....  Eddie Bayo was not brought out on our OPS of June of 63 and not sure what the end result of that came to.....  Bill Pawley was disappointed as well as Richard Billings, Life Magazine and Bill Harvy, Miami CIA Covert Action Group Miami Station (OMC 235 TFW SEC C)......  Tosh

Tosh,

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to reread Deadly Secrets.

Question: have you ever met Loran Hall? He told the HSCA that he was in Martino's with Rip Robertson. From what I understand, Gerry Hemming and Hall did not get along.

DAve

Tosh,

What is your take on this look-alike photo of Rip Robertson in Dealey Plaza?

Tim

Edited by Tim Carroll

Tosh,

Did you know Felipe Vidal Santiago? Would you rule him out as the guy by the Umbrella Man? And would you know if Vidal was in Dallas?

Ron

Tosh,

Did you know Felipe Vidal Santiago? Would you rule him out as the guy by the Umbrella Man? And would you know if Vidal was in Dallas?

Ron

Anything I could say on that would only be spuculation on my part. I did not know Santo, I knew of him but nothing spacific or factual. Was he a friend of Eden Pastora? Was he associated at the "Poco Solo" camp in CR about 1982-83?

Sorry Tosh