The Education Forum

Where was Roy Truly Right after the last Shot was Fired?

Continued...grrrrrrrr....

[...]

As of today I believe the very petite "Scarf Girl" in front of Carolyn Arnold in the Truly Group, on Elm in Wiegman, is is JUDY JOHNSON, who was a very petite brunette (she's coming up)! But that is a little tentative. However, she said she was in a 3/4 length light green coat (with orange gloves) and so far the "Scarf Girl" is the only one i spot wearing a 3/4 length coat and she's also a very petite woman. So i'm 99.9999999% certain. :beer

very nice work...

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Continued...... again....

Now for Judy Johnson! This photo was given to "Dustin", a friend of the family, to make public - he's not a member here so he chased me down at ROKC and posted it there in my PM/IR620 thread, unbeknownst to me till last night since i've been busy with other things and have not posted or checked things over there for some time now. In the meantime a couple of days ago i researched Judy Johnson and found her yearbook photos and made a collage of photos i snipped from her Sr. yearbook (1962) - the TSBD was her "first job". He also related some ver interesting info from Judy and her daughter about what she experienced that day and in the aftermath - eg: the way the FBI questioned her and TOLD her just exactly how many shots there were (just ONE!) when she said "three", and how Buell Frazier "is a l*i*a*r" (we are waiting for Dustin to correspond with her and to find out exactly what she meant by that. In general? About the assassination? PM? etc - I will post it when i find out).

Circa: early 1970's:

XXmpi7Y.jpg

1962:
NcVxRBM.jpg

Here are Dustin's posts to me in my PM thread at ROKC which I am copy & pasting here:

<quote on>

Hi Linda and everyone! My first post and it's not on topic but... The EF forums aren't accepting new members so I figured I'd post this here. All the good info/research is here anyway... Linda asked what Judy Johnson looked like on EF, I don't have her picture but I have been friends with her kids since high school. This is what her daughter said she was wearing and where she was standing.
"I posted that several months ago but I can find it again but her name as listed was Judy Johnson. She was wearing a 3/4 sleeve coat [i believe this must be an ERROR and should read 3/4 LENGTH COAT, like a car coat. People don't wear coats with "3/4 length sleeves" - the point is to keep warm] that was either green with orange cuffs [she later corrected "cuffs" to "GLOVES"] or vice versa. [and she later corrected this saying the coat was green and the gloves, orange]. She was standing in the median directly in front of the book depository where the traffic light is." [This part does not jive with her statement that she was with the Truly group - including Carolyn Arnold, Bonnie Richey, Betty Dragoo etc...so i think she's mistaken and perhaps ran there after the shots as many did, to see what happened but she was not standing there. Or perhaps that was the nearest "landmark" to where they were standing in Elm and she, her daughter or Dustin misspoke, or misunderstood, because she clearly said in her statement that she was with the members of the REAL Truly group - not the other one on the island.]

Her first sentence is because she posted her mothers WC testimony/statement on her fb page two times and both posts disappeared. I searched her page trying to find it afterwards, so I her asked about it. Some other info... She said that some details were left out of her statement (big surprise). She didn't know LHO because he had only worked there a short time. TSBD was her first job, so she would be a young girl. I think she said that she was in a few pictures or films. She said BWF is a lying sack of sh*t! :D j/k.
[he didn't put the "*" that was necessary to keep the prudish EF autocensor at bay! LOL!]
I can ask her daughter if she knows what films or photos she might be in to help you ID her. Hope this helps.
<end quote>

(Edit 10/1/15: just corresponded with Dustin last night and reminded him that there is open membership at EF now. He wanted to clarify that the sentence i highlighted and underlined in RED above was NOT something Judy or her daughter said about BWF. He said HE was making a joke - which i didn't catch -and said he probably didn't make it clear enough. Judy and/or her daughter did NOT say that, about Buell, Dustin did! So i'm adding this edit to let everyone know.)

2ND POST FROM DUSTIN - HE POSTED HER EMAIL REPLY TO HIM:
(Paragraphs added by me for ease of reading)

<quote on>

"Well, I only saw like a 1-2 second glimpse on a documentary about the assassination. It was probably mid November, 1997 on History Channel. I had been up for a midnight feeding for our son. He wasn't quite a month old when I saw that...Now, my grandmother said she saw my mom on the local news, in Dallas. She said it showed the employees of the School Book Depository waiting outside because nobody was allowed back in the building.

She was wearing a 3/4 sleeve, [Again... no such thing exists in coats - she must mean 3/4 length coat] an orange-red colored coat, with light green cuffs [she later corrected this to light green coat with orange-red gloves] She had dark brown hair, cut in a bubble style & wore cat eye glasses... [no mention of a scarf - however, those can be removed and put in a pocket or purse. Jeraldean read had said she wore a scarf - but she didn't have it on - must've put it in her pocket.]

When Kennedy was shot, she was standing at the triangular, little traffic light. She was in that median. She said she could have stretched out her arm to touch the car when it passed by.. She said she heard about three loud pops. She thought it was a motorcycle backfire, but she said it definitely came from the area of the train yard (grassy knoll).

She said that her statement that was printed was not what she explained. It was cut to nill. She also said that while being "interrogated" , when she explained how many shots & the area that she heard them. She was bluntly told there was one shot & it came from the depository. She said there was always 2 officers...One to question & the other to stare a hole through you. She was questioned by Dallas police, Secret Service, & F.B.I... I'll find a pic of my mom in her younger years & send it to you"
<end quote>

Well, there you have it. Proof positive of how the FBI CONSPIRED to intimidate the witnesses, telling them what they thought and what to say, and altering their statements! That is treason - the whole coup d'etat and the coverup of it was, and is, treason. And the FBI (and CIA, DPD etc..) had one goal in mind in their little "investigation" (read: whitewash): to convict their patsy Lee Harvey Oswald in order to advance and cover up the conspiracy to assassinate our President, JFK, and overthrow our democratically elected government in a military style Coup d'Etat. It was all about siezing power for the military industrial intelligence complex - just as Ike had warned in is farewell speech! And they still control our government today.

My next guess is that Betty Dragoo is the woman in the skirt and white blouse to the rt of Virgie Rackley Baker - she said she left her coat and purse in the office and then was locked out after the assassination - like quite a few. She has no coat or purse. She also looks like she could be ~27. Dragoo's age at the time. But i've researched her and can't find any photos ...frustrating. Hope someone else can find one.

(Edited 9/24/15 to add back in the 2 photos of Judy Johnson that had become delinked from my Imgur gallery photos when i accidently deleted them. Let me know if you run across any others like that! I'm still getting the hang of Imgur.)

Edited by Linda Giovanna Zambanini

Continued...grrrrrrrr....

[...]

As of today I believe the very petite "Scarf Girl" in front of Carolyn Arnold in the Truly Group, on Elm in Wiegman, is is JUDY JOHNSON, who was a very petite brunette (she's coming up)! But that is a little tentative. However, she said she was in a 3/4 length light green coat (with orange gloves) and so far the "Scarf Girl" is the only one i spot wearing a 3/4 length coat and she's also a very petite woman. So i'm 99.9999999% certain. :beer

very nice work...

Thank you so much, David! :) I've been working hard... and have uncovered a bunch of stuff (more important than this). More to come, when i have time and get some rest. So as of today we are down to 3 people to the right of Stetson Man who have not been ID'd (and i'm becoming convinced the woman to the rt of Virgie in the skirt and white blouse w/o a coat or purse has to be 27yo, Betty Dragoo - by process of elimination. She left those in her office and then was locked out. )

Here is a graphic showing the location of Judy Johnson - previously known as "Scarf Girl" in the Wiegman "Truly Group". In case you're lost...she's a little hard to see. She's turned sideways to us in front of Carolyn Arnold - she has on a light colored scarf and we don't see her face. In color her 3/4 length coat was light green. She was one of the ones locked out of the bldg when she tried to return, so we should keep an eye out for her in B&W and color film & photos. I was hoping to find her - in color - in Skaggs12. But no luck.

And here are a couple graphics I made showing the Truly Group in Wiegman and Beztner 2. First, the Wiegman panorama (click to enlarge):

GixxFY5.png

And here's Betzner 2 - which was/is not very helpful due to overexposure. I adjusted the lighting to try to bring out the people on the north side of Elm in the Truly group (click to enlarge):

MmKdRL4.jpg

Linda,

Let Dustin know that the EF actually IS accepting new members.There is a procedure he must follow, and some requirements [photo avatar, for one] which must be met. The information is in an announcement near the top of the page.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showannouncement=2&f=126

Carolyn Arnold was a bit tricky to find in the group since in most stills of the Truly group she seems to be to the right - just out of frame - in the Wiegman film; and in the frames where she can be found she is only poorly seen due to the film quality and there's a short woman with a scarf on standing right in front of her facing sideways; but she is the 2nd woman to the right of Virgie Baker. In some Wiegman stills she seems to be turned far to her left (looking behind and to the left of the group) with her right arm up in the air either waving to someone or motioning to someone to come join the group.

First, having found current photos of her online, I found her in the clear Cook/Cooper stills (And wowza!.. she's an incred

Edited by Thomas Graves

Linda,

Let Dustin know that the EF actually IS accepting new members.There is a procedure he must follow, and some requirements [photo avatar, for one] which must be met. The information is in an announcement near the top of the page.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showannouncement=2&f=126

Thanks! Will do, Mark! :) I knew they accepted me last yr after membership opened up, but i just figured when he said that that they had closed membership again.

Darn! I see my photos/graphics on Imgur above have disappeared again! I found one like this the other night in another thread and figured out what happened. I had accidentally deleted files - or an entire folder of files, on Imgur (that site is GREAT to view photos on but not user friendly for the uploader!) Then when i uploaded them again, all the URL's for the images had changed of course! So they disappeared here. I relinked that photo i found and will do so for the ones above asap...i'm i the middle of something else...which is how i ended up on this thread and saw that above.

And could everyone do me a favor? If you come across any of my IMGUR photo files that have disappeared and been replaced by that black Imgur box, like above, saying the photo no longer exists or can't be found... please let me know via a pvt msg so i can relink them! Thanks!

Here are some more graphics pointing out Judy Johnson in the "Truly group" - she's the very short, petite woman, turned sideways looking West down Elm, in front of, and mostly obscuring, Carolyn Arnold. She has on a 3/4 length coat and a white scarf. Up until now, I had coined and was using the term "Scarf Girl" for her because of her light colored scarf.

CLRJFjA.png

And another one - i think i found her in this Allen photo (or maybe it's Murray? I always get those 2 mixed up in my mind!). She's the only one i've seen in a coat or jacket this length - and with the scarf on, i'm not 100% sure on this because it appears her skirt is plaid in Allen, but solid in Wiegman. They're both very blurry so, it's possible the "plaid" - or the lack of plaid - is a distortion. Sure would like to have clearer copies!

RNOAG5h.png

Addendum: Btw...see the woman in the the middle of the Allen photo with dark hair in the dark coat with the big fur collar? I've seen her in another Allen or Murray photo down in this general vicinity of DP...but on the N. side of the Elm standing on the edge of a crowd of people looking into it. I think the 2 are the same woman. No one else has a fur collar like that! But she is ALSO a TSBD employee, because she is in the Allen photo of the group of 4 ladies departing the Depository (to go home) - the photo that has Madie Reese in the doorway, with Lupe Whitaker in front of her and 2 more in front of her going down the steps. "Fur Collar Lady" is in the front of those 4, carrying her coat. That photo is here in this thread. I wonder who she is?

[...]\

Wiegman - Truly Group:

UhFvCOO.png

Linda,

Great work!

One observation I'd like to make regarding the big guy standing next to Truly whom we've tentatively identified as Ochus V. Campbell -- He appears to be wearing a coat and tie.

I believe that he is Campbell and that he may well be the same man in Couch / Darnell who sidesteps out of the way for Baker and motions him up the steps with his left arm.

Keep up the good work!

--Tommy :sun

Thank you, Tommy!! :)

And thanks for clarifying that about Ochus V. Campbell! I had sort of wondered if he had a tie on because in that side view above it looks like there's something dark going down the middle of his chest - like a tie.

But i have one question... The guy above appears to have on a white shirt (or white or light jacket) compared to his pants which are definitely darker. Whereas....I just looked at my Darnell zip file again...and the guy at the base of the Steps waving people into the TSBD appears to have on a dark suit - with the jacket the same dark shade as his pants. How do you square that?

Whereas, the big lumbering guy I originally thought might be OV Campbell in Darnell, (and up till now we had been designating as Campbell), does have on a short - waist length - jacket which in Darnell is darker than the guy's in Wiegman, but definitely lighter than his pants. And that guy also turn s and walks toward the Depository. While it make sense that Campbell could be the waving guy at the base of the steps (acting like he owns the place) I'm not sure i can agree with it being Campbell because of that discrepancy.

What do you say? Anyone else have any thoughts about the Campbell ID or who "Waving Man" might be if he's? not Campbell?

And also... if "Big Lumbering Guy" is not Campbell - who is he? He is definitely walking bk toward the steps. Why would he go toward the steps if he doesn't work there? And if he does work there who might he be?

[...]\

Wiegman - Truly Group:

UhFvCOO.png

Linda,

Great work!

One observation I'd like to make regarding the big guy standing next to Truly whom we've tentatively identified as Ochus V. Campbell -- He appears to be wearing a coat and tie.

I believe that he is Campbell and that he may well be the same man in Couch / Darnell who sidesteps out of the way for Baker and motions him up the steps with his left arm.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you, Tommy!! :)

And thanks for clarifying that about Ochus V. Campbell! I had sort of wondered if he had a tie on because in that side view above it looks like there's something dark going down the middle of his chest - like a tie.

But i have one question... The guy above appears to have on a white shirt (or white or light jacket) compared to his pants which are definitely darker. Whereas....I just looked at my Darnell zip file again...and the guy at the base of the Steps waving people into the TSBD appears to have on a dark suit - with the jacket the same dark shade as his pants. How do you square that?

Whereas, the big lumbering guy I originally thought might be OV Campbell in Darnell, (and up till now we had been designating as Campbell), does have on a short - waist length - jacket which in Darnell is darker than the guy's in Wiegman, but definitely lighter than his pants. And that guy also turn s and walks toward the Depository. While it make sense that Campbell could be the waving guy at the base of the steps (acting like he owns the place) I'm not sure i can agree with it being Campbell because of that discrepancy.

What do you say? Anyone else have any thoughts about the Campbell ID or who "Waving Man" might be if he's? not Campbell?

And also... if "Big Lumbering Guy" is not Campbell - who is he? He is definitely walking bk toward the steps. Why would he go toward the steps if he doesn't work there? And if he does work there who might he be?

Linda,

Maybe "Big Lumbering Guy" is standing to the left of the "Two Khaki Guys" in the top photo of post # 139.

PS

The guy labeled "Campbell?" in this Wiegman frame seems to be wearing a coat (you can see a "sliver" of it on his left side) and trousers which are the same color. Like a suit.

UhFvCOO.png
Edited by Thomas Graves

Tommy said:

Linda,

Maybe "Big Lumbering Guy" is standing to the left of the "Two Khaki Guys" in the top photo of post # 139.

PS

The guy labeled "Campbell?" in this Wiegman frame seems to be wearing a coat (you can see a "sliver" of it on his left side) and trousers which are the same color. Like a suit.

Really? If it's the guy i see to the left of the "Khaki Guys" - he is short and fat. "Lumbering man" is very tall and big (like the guy I think is OV Campbell) - - a little husky but not rotund like the guy to the left of the Khaki Guys.

There is another big tall guy farther to the rt (east) of Truly in this photo Bell photo - what do you think about him?

JsKy2lV.png

As for the "sliver" of suit on Campbell - I guess i imagined that to be his dark tie or a scarf hanging down the middle. If that's a sliver of his suit .... what is all that white stuff? Is there someone standing there in white that makes it look like he has a white or lt. shirt or jacket on? . I'm lost on the sliver part....

Tommy said:

Linda,

PS

Really? If it's the guy i see to the left of the "Khaki Guys" - he is short and fat. "Lumbering man" is very tall and big (like the guy I think is OV Campbell) - - a little husky but not rotund like the guy to the left of the Khaki Guys.

There is another big tall guy farther to the rt (east) of Truly in this photo Bell photo - what do you think about him?

JsKy2lV.png

As for the "sliver" of suit on Campbell - I guess i imagined that to be his dark tie or a scarf hanging down the middle. If that's a sliver of his suit .... what is all that white stuff? Is there someone standing there in white that makes it look like he has a white or lt. shirt or jacket on? . I'm lost on the sliver part....

Linda,

I'm not talking about where his tie might be. In the Wiegman frame you posted, "Campbell?" is wearing a dress-up coat or jacket, only a small portion of which is visible covering his left shoulder and side because the frame's edge prevents us from seeing more of said coat or jacket.

I think your "Campbell?" in that Wiegman frame is the same guy that's in the small yellow rectangle, above, (look at how much of his shirt is showing in both frames) and that he's also possibly the guy who waved Baker up the steps in Couch Darnell.

I'm going back to the idea that "Big Lumbering Guy" might have been big Jack Dougherty, in spite of the fact that he testified that he was inside the TSBD at the time.

Or who knows? Maybe Jack was up on the sixth floor, planting evidence.

Edited by Thomas Graves

Tommy said:

Linda,

PS

JsKy2lV.png

Linda,

I'm not talking about where his tie might be. In the Wiegman frame you posted, "Campbell?" is wearing a dress-up coat or jacket, only a small portion of which is visible covering his left shoulder and side because the frame's edge prevents us from seeing more of said coat or jacket.

I think your "Campbell?" in that Wiegman frame is the same guy that's in the small yellow rectangle, above, (look at how much of his shirt is showing in both frames) and that he's also possibly the guy who waved Baker up the steps in Couch Darnell.

I'm going back to the idea that "Big Lumbering Guy" might have been big Jack Dougherty, in spite of the fact that he testified that he was inside the TSBD at the time.

Or who knows? Maybe Jack was up on the sixth floor, planting evidence.

Tommy...OK!!!! Now I think i finally "see" what you mean about all that white stuff in our original Campbell in Wiegman - when you showed how he is the SAME BIG GUY in the Bell photo (the guy i have the yellow rectangle around him) with his suit jacket unbuttoned and open, and a large area of his torso/white shirt/dark tie exposed. So that is what i'm seeing in our Wiegman "Campbell" (and so the dark area down his middle must be the dark tie as i thought).

So we agree - the same big tall guy next to Truly in the Truly Group in WIEGMAN, that I picked out as Campbell being the "Big Lumbering Guy" and whom we have agreed for some time now was Campbell - IS indeed, (still) Campbell! Right?

BUT at this point you think, IN DARNELL that same big guy is NOT the "Big Lumbering Guy" I had posited a few wks ago was Campbell wandering bk to the Depository after the shots.......but rather, Campbell has moved up to the steps and is instead the "Waving Man" waving Baker up the steps. Right? Just want to make sure we are on the same page....

So, I take it we still agree, on the identification of Campbell - he's the big, tall guy w/o glasses wearing a dark (might be brown) suit, standing next to Truly in Wiegman (and Bell). Correct? Gotchya! :)

Now... interesting coincidence you should bring up Dougherty! Just yesterday i came across a thread at another JFK assassination forum in which Wes Riddle, a year or 2 ago, identified Dougherty as a big tall dark headed guy in SKAGGS 16, about to be put in a squad car to be taken to DPD for questioning! I had never seen this thread before - don't know how i missed it! It's brilliant. And I don't see that anyone there in that thread refuted his identification. I had never studied a blow up of Skaggs 16 before! Well I did yesterday and cropped out and blew up his face huge.

I had spent a lot of time a year or 2 ago looking at possible yearbook photos of Dougherty at Sunset HS. As you probably know there are several in '40 and '41 - but they are ALL group photos (of either his class, or "Company D" military drill group) and rather than naming each person precisely, their names are listed but they are not attached to anyone - so it's down to an educated guess (WTF?! How is that any way to set up a yearbook?! Irritating as H*ll!).

In '40 I'm guessing he's the extremely tall kid in the front row of his FRESHMAN Class photo in which he is 17 years OLD! 17! So, of course he is the tallest - i'm guessing it's him also because Truly had described him as a big, husky guy. Same for 1941. At that time, i used the blurry Alyea clip & stills of "Dougherty" in the t-shirt on the 6th floor to try to compare these HS class and Company D photos to, to try to figure out which ones could be the real Dougherty. What a PITA! I spent hours...days on that and cropping photos of guys i thought might be him - and got it down to 2 guys who were both huge and I thought looked a lot like Dougherty.

Well... after i blew up Skaggs 16 HUUUUUGE (as crazy Trump says :eek ) I could see that Dougherty in Skaggs 16 did not look like the 2 guys i had previously selected as as my potential Dougherty in Company D (he could still pass for my "Dougherty" selection in the Class photos though - don't ask me how that's possible...). I studied the "Company D" photos again looking for a tall guy (Dougherty was 6'2" according to his military record) who looked like the Skaggs 16 Dougherty, and low and behold the THERE HE WAS! It was amazing - he looked just like SKAGGS 16 Dougherty only thinner. Looking back, i vaguely recall someone had pointed this guy out in the Company D photos before, but i blew it off because he didn't look "husky" enough" in my mind - he looked like a tall ectomorph - and didn't look enough like the huskier guy in Alyea who also seemed to have lighter hair. I think I allowed that blurry Alyea clip and Truly's description of Dougherty as a "big husky guy", to taint my search for him - even though i should have questioned it because it was 20+ yrs removed from his HS days. Well... i made a comparison graphic of of the SKAGGS 16 Dougherty & the "Company D" Doughertys:

EqFV1Lc.png

"Company D" 1940

2z9CPw8.png

"Company D" 1941

s1ydKbN.png

O.V. Campbell is impossible to find anything on! (And i think there has to be a reason for that!) The hours i've spent researching that man....
Anyway after reading Ed's lament at ROKC that photos of him are nowhere to be found (I know...I've searched and searched myself) i decided would do what i could do with what we've got - tiny, blurry images from Betzner, Bell and Wiegman.

And my god, he's a Neanderthal! About 1 to 4 percent of the DNA of anyone outside Africa is Neanderthal in origin due to Homo Sapien, Neanderthal interbreeding ...but i'd say Campbell must've been pushing 10%! ;) He's a tall, hefty, wide guy with a huge, prominent browridge and big nose and ears. He has lt. brn, or blondish or ginger hair and looks like he might have a beard and moustache. (And maybe big sideburns - but could that be film artifact? Because men didn't wear big sideburns back in '63....did they? I thought that came later in the '60s? At any rate ... this does NOT give us a perfectly clear "photo" of him (<---although that could be close!). What it does do is it gives us SOME idea of what he looked like where before we had NONE - so that armed with this general idea of what he looked like - especially since his features are so pronounced - we can now, hopefully, spot him in clearer photos and films from that day!

Happy Hunting! :cheers

ItmzOg2.png

PS: Could it be that he sort of looks like Col. Sanders with a reddish beard/goatee and moustache? That's the general look i get from the Bell photo.

Edit 12/4/15: I just was re-reading parts of this thread and realized this graphic is a huge f*up of mine! I can only blame it on sleep deprivation! So, please ignore it. I obviously confused the man Tommy briefly posited "might" be an alternate contender to be O.V. Campbell (seen to the EAST of the Truly group in Bell and Betzner in a brown suit, but which he and i both agreed after a short time is NOT O.V.Campbell) with the man in front of Truly I originally put forth as Campbell near the beginning of this thread and who we had all agreed was Truly. This triptych is composed of 2 shots on the left of the "alternate" Campbell (Betzner and Bell) and one of the original Campbell from Wiegman. Obviously they are not the same guy! Duh! Like i said - had to be sleep deprivation! I'm sorry if i confused anyone with this and that i only now caught my mistake! :tomatoes