The Education Forum

Gerry P. Hemming

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In September 1963 Loran Hall was en route from LA to No Name Key with a trailer load of weapons when he was stopped and detained for questioning by the Dallas PD. FBI agent W. Harlan Brown was called in and he set Hall free. Brown was a senior Dallas agent working Neutrality Act matters. His partner was James Hosty. Some six weeks after the assassination a source close to the Dallas FBI office divulged that Hosty and Brown were running LHO as a potential criminal informaner. This ties in with the urgent attempts on 11/22 by a Dallas SO deputy, Buddy Walthers, to inform the Secret Service that Oswald was seen at the Harlandale safe house occupied by exile militants who split just before the assassination.

In September 1963 Loran Hall was en route from LA to No Name Key with a trailer load of weapons when he was stopped and detained for questioning by the Dallas PD. FBI agent W. Harlan Brown was called in and he set Hall free. Brown was a senior Dallas agent working Neutrality Act matters. His partner was James Hosty. Some six weeks after the assassination a source close to the Dallas FBI office divulged that Hosty and Brown were running LHO as a potential criminal informaner. This ties in with the urgent attempts on 11/22 by a Dallas SO deputy, Buddy Walthers, to inform the Secret Service that Oswald was seen at the Harlandale safe house occupied by exile militants who split just before the assassination.

Hall, Howard, and Celio Castro Alba managed to get some weapons from various sources. According to Howard the weapons consisted of a “. 30 caliber, there was a scope weapon, and there was M-1s, standard M-1 Girands and M-14, modified, strictly semi...” Some of these weapons were supplied by Ergiaga Arms Company owned by Juan Ergiaga, the former top arms ordinance man for Fidel Castro. The trailor also contained medical supplies. According to Harry Dean, Hall and Howard were given the medical supplies by Harry from Guy Gabaldon’s supply.

The trailor was left in Dallas at Lester Logue's house. Now I'm going to talk out my arse and suggest that Hall left the semis to be converted to fully automatic by a local gun dealer. This would be John Masen. Hall and Bill Seymour came back a week later to pick up the trailor. It was on this return trip that Hall and Seymour were arrested for drug possession — a bottle of Dexedrine. While in custody, Hall was questioned by an FBI agent whom he identified as “Hostel or something”, a Military Intelligence agent, and a “CIA guy.” The “CIA guy” was probably ATF Agent Frank Ellsworth who was working closely with FBI agent James Hosty and Military Intelligence agent Ed Coyle on a gun smuggling case. He claimed that the MI Agent attempted to recruit him. Hall remained in jail for two days before being released. Hall had called Dr. Robert Morris who in turn called Lester Logue. Logue secured an attorney for Hall.

As Gerry mentioned, Hall was probably an FBI informant and this is where he informed on Masen. Heck, he probably informed Hosty when he and Seymour were coming back to Dallas and the PD arrested him and Seymour on a trumped up "Dexedrine" possession charge that they found in the glove compartment.

Dave

Mr. Hemming,

I can still hear in my head the German speaking voice on the tape at MI/HQ in Central America -- the beaner Colonel asking the interpreter what the dude was laughing about ?? And the words in Spanish "...este asesino dice que nunca fue un nido de franco tirador en el rinconcito...pero esta fue el lugar donde los prietos (negros) se escondio' para ver las fotografias de mujeres desnudas mientras que jugaban la paja" !!

[Translated: This assassin says that there was never a snipers nest in the corner, but that it was a hideout for the "Schwarzes"; where they jerked off while looking at "dirty pictures" (paraphrasing).] This is the guy with the suppressed broom-handle mauser [with wooden shoulder-stock/holster and artillery barrel] whose role I played for Oliver Stone in the movie.

In case some folks don't realize it, 'schwarz' in German is ‘black.’ This is very interesting, as well as hilarious at the same time.

The broom handled mauser with an artillery barrel - would that make it quite a bit longer than normal? How would it be boosted to increase velocity?

Attached is a frame from Thunderbolt and Lightfoot, which if I recall, you had referenced to Tim Gratz.

- lee

Man Claims CIA Tied to Speed Ring

Dallas Morning News

September 13, 1989

By Lee Hancock

A methamphetamine ring based in Mesquite was set up by a CIA operative to funnel money to the Nicaraguan contras, one of the alleged participants has testified in federal court.

The testimony came during a hearing in Tulsa, where Loran Eugene Hall, Jr. appeared Monday to plead guilty to drug charges.

He told the court that his father, Loran Eugene Hall, Sr. of Mesquite was a CIA agent who recruited him and others to manufacture speed to raise money for the contras, said Jack Morgan, assistant U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Oklahoma.

A CIA spokesman declined to comment Tuesday on Mr. Hall's case.

"We do not generally acknowledge the employment of either covert or overt employees," said Mark Mansfield, an official at CIA headquarters in McLean, Va. "I would add that the agency does not sanction violations of U.S. law."

A federal drug conspiracy indictment handed down in Tulsa in July names Loran Eugene Hall, Sr., 59; his daughter, Barbara Ann Marteney, 34, of Mesquite; and his sons, Michael Stephen Hall, 36, of Burns, Kan., and Loran Eugene Hall, Jr., 34, of Derby, Kan; and two other Kansas residents. The indictment charges that the elder Mr. Hall led the ring, which manufactured methamphetamines between October 1987 and February 1989.

Loran Hall Jr. and Michael Hall pleaded guilty Monday. Their father and sister remain at large.

Court documents indicate the ring was broken when the Oklahoma State Bureau of Narcotics investigators and Mesquite police trailed Loran Hall, Jr. after he purchased glassware and chemicals at a Grand Prairie chemical store.

Mr. Hall and another man were arrested in Noble County, Okla., as they were carrying those items and several high-caliber forearms to Kansas in a stolen truck, according to the indictment....

Mr. Morgan, a Mesquite police investigator and defense attorney representing Hall family members all said there was evidence suggesting that Loran Hall, Sr. worked for the CIA in some capacity.

"He has a long history of involvement with the CIA attempts to overthrow Castro," Mr. Morgan said. "He was involved in the ill-famed Bay of Pigs invasion. In 1961, he got arrested with a truckload of guns in Texas, and he was transporting them from California to Florida for that invasion."

His name also has surfaced in congressional investigations of the John F. Kennedy assassination. The elder Mr. Hall was described in a 1979 House Select Committee on Assassinations report as a onetime resident of Cuba with ties to anti-Castro groups in the United States and organized crime on both countries.

And, Mr. Morgan said, his name is the subject of a chapter in the book Coup d'etat in America, which speculates about CIA involvement in a plot to kill President Kennedy. The chapter, titled "Loran Hall and the Free Cuba Committees," details allegations of CIA financing and orchestration of a plot by anti-Castro groups to kill President Kennedy."

"In the last few years, he supposedly was involved with CIA attempts to overthrow the Nicaraguan government," Mr. Morgan said.

Loran Eugene Hall, Jr. has told investigators that his father was a 17-year CIA employee most recently involved in running guns to Central America, Mr. Morgan said.

The son also has told investigators about incidents in which helicopters appeared at his father's Kansas farm bearing men who carried automatic weapons and answered to military titles such as colonel and major, Mr. Morgan said.

"It may be true. There's quite an extensive history on his father's CIA involvement," Mr. Heflet said. "My client told me that a lot of his dad's involvement, specifically in the Kennedy assassination, has been sealed up, and we never may find out what it was."

Mr. Morgan said federal officials believe the elder Mr. Hall may be hiding in Kansas, Honduras or Costa Rica.

"This is a pretty strange case all around," Mr. Morgan said.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Gerry, any chance of you providing an outline of what you think happened regarding the assassination of JFK?

Do you think John Martino and Tony Ceusta told the truth with their “confessions”?

Is it true that your father was a friend of James Angleton?

-----------------------------------

John:

I have no conclusions as to the JFK murder. It isn't a matter of the "Jury still being out..!!" -- it is more of a case where not all of the evidence is in. So, therefore, there has been no "closing argument", which means that it will be some time before the jury can retire to their room to deliberate.

The deliberations might be just a "preponderance of the evidence"; or less likely: "Beyond a reasonable doubt". [The level of guilt with most wing-nut CTs is "less-than-an-unreasonable-rumor !!"]

If you can sort through the fantasy-land of the Khazar's rantings, you might find that two of my uncles were in business [During WWII -- (CalShip) California Shipbuiding Corporation] with John McCone. I "stumbled" into contacts with the "spook community" quite by accident, and this was most likely due to the fact that ALL U.S. Marine Corps personnel selected for radar jobs/schools [M.O.S.s -- Military Occupational Specialties] were [unknown to me and most others] required to have a "blood" relative within the sphere of the "Intelligence Community". This was the case with Oswald [GCI Operator - "Ground Controlled Intercept"], and has been the case for most of the Marines I am still associated with; which includes some who were interviewed by WC "investigators??"; and many more who still wonder "Why Not??!!"

I was always the FNG, the "Newbie"; and just kept my eyes open and my mouth shut -- except for the thousand times that I pissed off my superiors with juvenile and unprofessional antics. When I first dealt with JJA, I hadn't a clue as to who he was, what he was, nor much of any fathoming of what the CIA was, and really didn't give a "rat's ass".

Marines were selected for "Spear-head" slots for what would have been a "back-door" pre-emptive strike by land & air forces into Siberia, and thence westward. The informal names given to two of the penetration operations were -- "Tiger-Bike" & "Tiger-Pen". LHO would have been, and was, on a "Bigot List" for those Ops, which cleared him for the "dangles" with the Manchurian/Siberian "White Russian" assets which were originally developed during 1920-1922; and once again heavily during and after WWII.

Marines are considered to be "Infantrymen first" [regardless of whether a pilot, cook, or bottlewasher]; and the evidence of why Marines were exclusively selected for these Ops lays with what happened to the U.S. Air Force "Fly-boys" at "Lima-Site 85" [GCI mountain-top Radar Facility] in Laos during the late 1960s.

This was why LHO's M.A.C.S. -1 Detachment was pulled out of Iwakuni, Japan, and sent to Ping-Tung North

in Taiwan, and shortly thereafter was deployed to support the 1958 coup against Sukarno in Indonesia; the operation that was spearheaded by "Tony Po" [CIA Officer Anthony Poshepny]; who later became the model for the Marlon Brando character [Col. Kurz] in the film "Appocalypse Now".

Later,

Gerry

Gerry, any chance of you providing an outline of what you think happened regarding the assassination of JFK?

Do you think John Martino and Tony Ceusta told the truth with their “confessions”?

Secondly, John Martino [nor Roy Hargraves, et al.] made NO "confessions" to anyone -- this has been overblown hyperbole bullxxxx. Martino did later realize that beginning with his arrest in Cuba [1959], and specific dealings thereafter -- that Trafficante [in whose house he lived on Alton Road, Miami Beach] was a Castro agent, and had sold-him-out. Moreover, he once grimly "chuckled" that: most likely he and others had been stupidly correct when they gave out with the phony "LHO was a Castro agent" crap. My reponse to him then [and still is] that: "It is a finger of suspicion, high probability...but fraught with false-flag implications, and doubtful that Fidel knew or would have approved of the Cuban "conspiracy. Escalante worked for Manuel "Barba Roja" Piniero Lozada ["Wet Ops" for DSE/DGI in Cuba, North-Central-So. America, Angola, Ethiopia, The Levant, West Bank, and both "Congos" !!] -- and his disinformation as to Tony Cuesta, Felipe Vidal Santiago, and others, is an expansion upon their very own suspicions as to what occurred in Dealey Plaza. Not so unlikely when prisoners are suffering from what is now termed "Stockholm Syndrome"!!

Does MININT agent Escalante himself know the "truth"?? -- I really doubt it -- as everybody in the "business" is completely compartmentalized during ALL Ops.

Cheers (less),

Gerry

John:

I have no conclusions as to the JFK murder. It isn't a matter of the "Jury still being out..!!" -- it is more of a case where not all of the evidence is in. So, therefore, there has been no "closing argument", which means that it will be some time before the jury can retire to their room to deliberate.

The deliberations might be just a "preponderance of the evidence"; or less likely: "Beyond a reasonable doubt". [The level of guilt with most wing-nut CTs is "less-than-an-unreasonable-rumor !!"]

If you can sort through the fantasy-land of the Khazar's rantings, you might find that two of my uncles were in business [During WWII -- (CalShip) California Shipbuiding Corporation] with John McCone. I "stumbled" into contacts with the "spook community" quite by accident, and this was most likely due to the fact that ALL U.S. Marine Corps personnel selected for radar jobs/schools [M.O.S.s -- Military Occupational Specialties] were [unknown to me and most others] required to have a "blood" relative within the sphere of the "Intelligence Community". This was the case with Oswald [GCI Operator - "Ground Controlled Intercept"], and has been the case for most of the Marines I am still associated with; which includes some who were interviewed by WC "investigators??"; and many more who still wonder "Why Not??!!"

I was always the FNG, the "Newbie"; and just kept my eyes open and my mouth shut -- except for the thousand times that I pissed off my superiors with juvenile and unprofessional antics. When I first dealt with JJA, I hadn't a clue as to who he was, what he was, nor much of any fathoming of what the CIA was, and really didn't give a "rat's ass".

Marines were selected for "Spear-head" slots for what would have been a "back-door" pre-emptive strike by land & air forces into Siberia, and thence westward. The informal names given to two of the penetration operations were -- "Tiger-Bike" & "Tiger-Pen". LHO would have been, and was, on a "Bigot List" for those Ops, which cleared him for the "dangles" with the Manchurian/Siberian "White Russian" assets which were originally developed during 1920-1922; and once again heavily during and after WWII.

Marines are considered to be "Infantrymen first" [regardless of whether a pilot, cook, or bottlewasher]; and the evidence of why Marines were exclusively selected for these Ops lays with what happened to the U.S. Air Force "Fly-boys" at "Lima-Site 85" [GCI mountain-top Radar Facility] in Laos during the late 1960s.

This was why LHO's M.A.C.S. -1 Detachment was pulled out of Iwakuni, Japan, and sent to Ping-Tung North

in Taiwan, and shortly thereafter was deployed to support the 1958 coup against Sukarno in Indonesia; the operation that was spearheaded by "Tony Po" [CIA Officer Anthony Poshepny]; who later became the model for the Marlon Brando character [Col. Kurz] in the film "Appocalypse Now".

I got the answer to the first question. However, I am not sure about questions 2 and 3.

John:

I got the answer to the first question. However, I am not sure about questions 2 and 3.

--------------------------

John:

In the "Queen's English" -- There were NO "confessions" by either Tony or John. This is the total horse-xxxx that was swallowed by PDS, Winslow, Turner, Smith, et al. while socializing with bullxxxx artist Escalante, and which was further overblown in the "cow pies" scribbled out by the "Portagee bitch" Furiarte. They should join arms with the Khazar this year, and sing two choruses of "Kum-Bayah"!! Had they the "stones" to hold the meeting in La Habana, they would have really beenl wetting their communal pants. I mean, dumb-ass P. D. Scott didn't even know that the "Contra/CIA agent" Felipe Vidal was in fact the nephew; Felipe Vidal Rivera, and that FVS had been executed before the "Paredon" during may of 1964 !!

Ya got it now??!!

Gerry

[ I "stumbled" into contacts with the "spook community" quite by accident, and this was most likely due to the fact that ALL U.S. Marine Corps personnel selected for radar jobs/schools [M.O.S.s -- Military Occupational Specialties] were [unknown to me and most others] required to have a "blood" relative within the sphere of the "Intelligence Community". This was the case with Oswald [GCI Operator - "Ground Controlled Intercept"], and has been the case for most of the Marines I am still associated with;

Who was Oswald's "blood relative/" Was it Marilyn Murrett?

John:

In the "Queen's English" -- There were NO "confessions" by either Tony or John. This is the total horse-xxxx that was swallowed by PDS, Winslow, Turner, Smith, et al. while socializing with bullxxxx artist Escalante, and which was further overblown in the "cow pies" scribbled out by the "Portagee bitch" Furiarte. They should join arms with the Khazar this year, and sing two choruses of "Kum-Bayah"!! Had they the "stones" to hold the meeting in La Habana, they would have really beenl wetting their communal pants. I mean, dumb-ass P. D. Scott didn't even know that the "Contra/CIA agent" Felipe Vidal was in fact the nephew; Felipe Vidal Rivera, and that FVS had been executed before the "Paredon" during may of 1964 !!

Ya got it now??!!

Gerry

Still having problems with question 3. Is it true that your father was a friend of James Angleton?

John:

Ya got it now??!!

Gerry

Still having problems with question 3. Is it true that your father was a friend of James Angleton?

-----------------------

John:

My late father was an Irishman born of a "Limey" father in Colombo, Sri Lanka [then called Ceylon]. He grew up hating the "English", and sometimes my rich uncles [maternal]. But it was those uncles who got him work as a Marine Deck Electrician" at CalShip, and later, work on the Pan-American Highway in Costa Rica.

He busted his ass 18 hours a day to raise what became 10 kids. He was against my Cuba, etc. excursions, as he had hoped that upon leaving the Marines, I would sign up with the California Highway Patrol.

He operated a radio/television repair shop in Alhambra, California -- constantly struggling to feed too many mouths. He died while I was on No Name Key. For many months afterward, I would call the TV shop telephone [long-distance, and very late at night] just to hear his voice on the answering machine.

He wouldn't know an Angleton from a Watutsi, and never once ever showed any interest in anything save electronics, The Classics [large library], Chess [Master], and watching "wrassling" and "roller-derby" on the "Telly".

"...Are we clear ?!",

Gerry

Hall, Howard, and Celio Castro Alba managed to get some weapons from various sources. According to Howard the weapons consisted of a “. 30 caliber, there was a scope weapon, and there was M-1s, standard M-1 Girands and M-14, modified, strictly semi...” Some of these weapons were supplied by Ergiaga Arms Company owned by Juan Ergiaga, the former top arms ordinance man for Fidel Castro. The trailor also contained medical supplies. According to Harry Dean, Hall and Howard were given the medical supplies by Harry from Guy Gabaldon’s supply.

The trailor was left in Dallas at Lester Logue's house. Now I'm going to talk out my arse and suggest that Hall left the semis to be converted to fully automatic by a local gun dealer. This would be John Masen. Hall and Bill Seymour came back a week later to pick up the trailor. It was on this return trip that Hall and Seymour were arrested for drug possession — a bottle of Dexedrine. While in custody, Hall was questioned by an FBI agent whom he identified as “Hostel or something”, a Military Intelligence agent, and a “CIA guy.” The “CIA guy” was probably ATF Agent Frank Ellsworth who was working closely with FBI agent James Hosty and Military Intelligence agent Ed Coyle on a gun smuggling case. He claimed that the MI Agent attempted to recruit him. Hall remained in jail for two days before being released. Hall had called Dr. Robert Morris who in turn called Lester Logue. Logue secured an attorney for Hall.

As Gerry mentioned, Hall was probably an FBI informant and this is where he informed on Masen. Heck, he probably informed Hosty when he and Seymour were coming back to Dallas and the PD arrested him and Seymour on a trumped up "Dexedrine" possession charge that they found in the glove compartment.

Dave

------------------------------

Juan ARQUIAGA was NEVER Fidel's "top-ordnance man". He was later forced to go to Peru in failed attempts to manufacture his worthless sub-machine gun design. He couldn't go to Havana because during 1958 he was the one who wasted "M-26-Julio" money on Mannlicher-Carcano carbines; which were later flown into Manzanillo, Oriente on the C-46 piloted by Guillermo Verdaguer.

Later, some of these M/Carcanos were the bait to be used by Sturgis/Fiorini, Crozier & Wiecha [CIA Santiago Base] in a "stalking-horse" scheme to assassinate Fidel in Minas del Frio, Sierra Maestra.

Dumb-ass Sturgis [and the CIA officers] were later pissed off when they discovered that the "hit" was to be carried out by B-26 Bombers & F-47D "Thunderbolt" Fighter aircraft; and would have killed all of them along with Fidel & company !!

The "medical supplies" were from John Bircher doctors and dentists, and were "samples" commonly fronted to physicians to garner future purchases or R/Xs of those brand named products.

"Guy" Gabaldon was Larry Howard's buddy, gained fame from a movie about his WWII Japanese linguistic capabilities [raised by Isei, Nisei folks in East Los Angeles]; and blew off Hall at their singular meeting due to Hall's foul mouth -- even fouler than mine !!

ALL of the medical "samples" were later shipped to Cuba, for the families then desperately in need of same. Of course the Fidel folks purloined their percentage for later "sale' to the misbegotten.

While Hall had only shaken Logue's hand during 30 seconds of presence [January 1963], he was never knowledgeable of Dr. Robert Morris; that is until his FBI handlers gave him a script and sent him out to all of my contacts [better, who they then thought were my VIP contacts !!]

The Dallas FBI/CIA wanted Hall to continue on safely to Miami in order to set up the Masferrer types for later arrest.

Gerry