The Education Forum

Who was R. G. Storey

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would appear that we discuss the same person.

Colonel Robert G. Storey--U.S. Army, Prosecution Counsel--Executive Trial Counsel---Nuremberg War Crime Trials

Colonel Robert G. Storey--Chief of the Documents Section of the War Crimes Commission

http://library.law.columbia.edu/ttp/TTP_S15.htm

http://www.holocaust-history.org/works/imt/01/htm/t003.htm

Colonel Robert G. Storey-----Dean of Southern Methodist University (Dallas, TX) School of Law

http://www.law.smu.edu/lia/html/History/bu..._of_bridges.htm

"Dean" Robert G. Story standing to the left of (& speaking with) President Dwight Eisenhower

http://www.uark.edu/depts/speccoll/fullbri...ts/his3pic.html

Robert G. Story of Dallas, Tx----Recepient of the American Bar Association Medal---1956

"Dean" R. G. Storey, whom Henry Wade spent "most of the day with" in regards to securing an attorney to represent LHO.

(Testimony of Henry Wade)

"Dean" R. G. Storey, who sat in on questioning of witnesses by the WC, as a representative of the Attorney General of the State of Texas.

R. G. Storey-------President of the Dallas Bar Association-----------1934

R. G. Storey------Former "Chairperson"----Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar---American Bar Association.

________________________________________________________________________________

_________

Is this the same Robert G. Storey/ R.G. Storey of whom the topic concerns?

Tom

Edited by Thomas H. Purvis

Tom,

Yep, same guy.

President of the Bar Association, the State Bar of Texas, the Dallas Bar Association and the Inter American Bar Association.

During December of 1941, Storey was in England studying the British Home Guard system.

The image below shows Storey (left) being fingerprinted on his entrance to the U.S. Army Air Corps. He joined their ranks as a Major.

James

Former "Chair", American Bar Association

1937--1939: R. G. Storey

Dallas, TX

1939--1940: Charles E. Dunbar, Jr.

New Orlean, La

Yep! Same Mr. Dunbar as in representative of United Fruit/aka guatemala 1 million dollars.

Yep! Same Mr. Dunbar as in parterner with Louis B. Claverie, Uncle of Marguerite & LHO.

Yep! Same Mr. Dunbar as in direct descendent of the PGT Beauregard family.

Don't suppose that they actually knew one another merely by the positions which they filled?

Dallas, TX

New Orlean, La

Yep! Same Mr. Dunbar as in representative of United Fruit/aka guatemala 1 million dollars.

Yep! Same Mr. Dunbar as in parterner with Louis B. Claverie, Uncle of Marguerite & LHO.

Don't suppose that they actually knew one another merely by the positions which they filled?

Tom,

When Storey was the Chairman of the Council of Legal Education, Dunbar was one of the other officers. Also, both men were trustees of the Southwestern Legal Foundation.

FWIW.

James

Dallas, TX

New Orlean, La

Tom,

When Storey was the Chairman of the Council of Legal Education, Dunbar was one of the other officers. Also, both men were trustees of the Southwestern Legal Foundation.

FWIW.

James

Thanks, can not recall if I had located that "trail connection" or not.

Was once following the "Dunbar" trail on his position with the National Chamber of Commerce, and finally gave up on who all it gave him connections to.

However, according to the manner in which the Dallas City Council operated, any business and/or their representatives, had a right to attend and comment on the business of Dallas.

Since the New Orleans Law Firm of Dunbar/Claverie,etc were the registered agents of at least two firms located in Dallas, they obviously had the right to attend City Council meetings and have a say into the Dallas political arena.

And, since "Sims" of the firm was also a member of one of the most prestigious societies in the United States, which included the wife of H.D. Byrd, it is evident that the NO Law firm had many, many connections to Dallas, TX.

To include the family of Henry Malvern Marks (Ft. Worth), 1st cousin to Sumter D. Marks, another member of the New Orleans Law firm.

A member of this family of whom was married into the Van Landingham family, which included the primary investigator (ex-FBI Agent) who was employed by the Mississippi Soverignty Commission.

• 3 months later...

Some stuff I forgot to add regarding Storey.

He was present when Earl Warren questioned Jack Ruby in Dallas. Also Storey lived at 3525 Turtle Creek.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Gen. Walker live at 4011 Turtle Creek? For those residents of Dallas, roughly how far apart would those addresses have been?

Warren and Storey below. This image was snapped just after the Ruby interview.

FWIW.

James

Edited by James Richards

He was present when Earl Warren questioned Jack Ruby in Dallas. Also Storey lived at 3525 Turtle Creek.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Gen. Walker live at 4011 Turtle Creek? For those residents of Dallas, roughly how far apart would those addresses have been?

FWIW.

James

Taken from "The Dallas Morning News" Friday, June 7, 1946

page 6

BEST BIB AND TUCKER KEPT BUSY

Best bonnets and prettiest dresses are being worked overtime this week

going to parties for brides-to-be.

A rehearsal dinner will be given Friday evening by Mr. and Mrs. H. L.

Hunt, Mr. and Mrs. Al Hill and Mr. and Mrs. Loyd Sands at the Hunt home on Lawther

Drive in honor of Miss Jeanne Gannon and John Stuart Hunt, who will be married

Saturday evening.

Complimenting Miss Mary Hillman, bride-elect of Robert Heidrick, Miss

Susan Diggie will entertain with a kitchen shower Friday at her home, 5101 Swiss

Avenue. Miss Hillman has announced that her bridal attendants will be Miss

Margaret Nell Carlisle, maid of honor; Mrs. Vernon Coe, sister of the bride-elect,

matron of honor; Mrs. R. G. Storey, Jr., Mrs. Charles F. Heidrick Jr., of

Beaumont, Miss Lenora Rose and Miss Houston Tripp, bridesmaids. Mr. Heidrick's

best man will be his brother, Charles F. Heidrick Jr. Ushers will be Vernon Coe,

Thomas Hanlon of Scarsdale, N.Y., James Tollison of Amarillo, Harry Underwood of

Lubbock and Ronnie B. Cousin Jr. of Austin.

Great Thread

So R. G. Storey was a prosecutor at Nuremberg, an official in the

American Occupation of Germany, de-Nazification and PAPERCLIP records keeper,

his wife was H.L. Hunt's bridesmaid and he turns up in the cell with

JACK RUBY and EARL WARREN.................

No conspiracy ?

FWIW.

James

page 6

Hunt, Mr. and Mrs. Al Hill and Mr. and Mrs. Loyd Sands at the Hunt home on Lawther

Saturday evening.

Susan Diggie will entertain with a kitchen shower Friday at her home, 5101 Swiss

Margaret Nell Carlisle, maid of honor; Mrs. Vernon Coe, sister of the bride-elect,

best man will be his brother, Charles F. Heidrick Jr. Ushers will be Vernon Coe,

Thomas Hanlon of Scarsdale, N.Y., James Tollison of Amarillo, Harry Underwood of

Great Thread

No conspiracy ?

FWIW.

James

page 6

Saturday evening.

The "conspiracy" was primarily to keep the names and relationships of a lot of highly wealthy and important persons from being brought into the realm of the investigation.

This of course also kept a lot of those names who may have potentially been a part of this from ever coming to light. Therefore making it simple at the time to promote the "Lone Nut" theory as to what LHO was.

And in that regards, it would appear that R.G. Storey was a major player in that aspect.

Great Thread

No conspiracy ?

FWIW.

James

page 6

Saturday evening.

The "conspiracy" was primarily to keep the names and relationships of a lot of highly wealthy and important persons from being brought into the realm of the investigation.

This of course also kept a lot of those names who may have potentially been a part of this from ever coming to light. Therefore making it simple at the time to promote the "Lone Nut" theory as to what LHO was.

And in that regards, it would appear that R.G. Storey was a major player in that aspect.

In addition to definitely having links to certain influential New Orleans, LA attornies, (IE: Charles E. Dunbar).If recalled correctly, Mr. Storey was in fact associated with SMU (Southern Methodist University), was he not?

One must therefore assume that someone associated with SMU had the "stroke" to influence the assignment of Mr. Storey to "observe" the WC.

Where I come from, "stroke" = MONEY= Power & Position.

Great Thread

No conspiracy ?

FWIW.

James

page 6

Saturday evening.

In addition to definitely having links to certain influential New Orleans, LA attornies, (IE: Charles E. Dunbar).If recalled correctly, Mr. Storey was in fact associated with SMU (Southern Methodist University), was he not?

One must therefore assume that someone associated with SMU had the "stroke" to influence the assignment of Mr. Storey to "observe" the WC.

I do believe that 1111 Herring Avenue is the same thing/place, irrelevant as to whether called the "Methodists Children's Home" or the "Methodists Orphans Home".

Methodist Children's Home, Waco, Texas

1111 Herring Avenue Waco, TX 76708 254-750-1389 or 800-853-1272 E-mail: bryanmize@hot.rr.com Methodist Children's Home is committed to protecting your ...

http://www.methodistchildrenshome.org/web-privacy.ht

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/...Vol26_0095b.htm

Great Thread

No conspiracy ?

FWIW.

James

page 6

Saturday evening.

I do believe that 1111 Herring Avenue is the same thing/place, irrelevant as to whether called the "Methodists Children's Home" or the "Methodists Orphans Home".

Methodist Children's Home, Waco, Texas

1111 Herring Avenue Waco, TX 76708 254-750-1389 or 800-853-1272 E-mail: bryanmize@hot.rr.com Methodist Children's Home is committed to protecting your ...

http://www.methodistchildrenshome.org/web-privacy.ht

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/...Vol26_0095b.htm

Try these!

http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/w...WH17_CE_821.pdf

http://www.methodistchildrenshome.org/history.html