The Education Forum

Incident at Parkland Hospital 11/22

Lee Forman

Once we reached the bottom of the stairwell, we opened the door and rushed into the emergency room. There is always a commotion around trauma, but what I saw was sheer bedlam. As we flew by the nurses’ station, I yelled, "Which room?" A nurse with tears streaming down her face raised one finger.

I looked to my left and saw a man in a suit running. To my amazement, another man in a suit jumped in his path and smashed a Thompson submachine gun across his chest and face. The first man’s eyes immediately turned glassy, and he fell against a gray tile wall, and slithered to the floor unconscious. When I heard that gun slam against his face, I just knew the man’s jaw was broken. Normally, I would have rushed over and treated the poor guy, but the president of the United States was waiting for me, and his condition was worse than broken bones. I was to learn later that the man with the gun was a Secret Service agent, and the one who had been hit was an FBI agent.

(C. Crenshaw, et al, JFK: Conspiracy of Silence, 1992, p. 75)

He's a Doctor - he knows that the jawbone has been broken. The man is unconscious.

SA Vince Drain

http://karws.gso.uri.edu/JFK/history/the_d...need/Drain.html

I wasn't up close to the body, but I could see fairly well the large amount of blood from the head wound. The head was badly damaged from the lower right base across the top extending across the top of the ear. It appeared to me as though the bullet traveled upward and had taken off the right portion of his skull. It may have been the security officer or one of the other officers who gave me a portion of the skull which was about the size of a teacup, much larger than a silver dollar. [Note from Larry Sneed: This skull fragment sounds very much like the fragment discovered by motorcycle patrolman Bobby Joe Dale. See Dale narrative, page 136.] Apparently the explosion had jerked it because the hair was still on it. I carried that back to Washington later that night and turned it over to the FBI laboratory.

Apparently a problem developed at the hospital when a fellow arrived without knowing exactly where he was. He was in a restricted area and had gone through the swinging doors when he was confronted by the Secret Service. They then grabbed him and removed him from the building. I didn't know what was going on at the time because I was already in the trauma room where the President was.

He said, "I think that's an excellent idea. Let's get it out of here within the hour." So I picked up the phone, called the office, and got eight agents and headed out of there within the hour. That was, I believe, on Tuesday. Then on Wednesday I took it back to Washington with a visiting agent who had been sent in to help us out, Warren DeBrueys, the head of the New Orleans Crime Commission.

DeBrueys is sent up from Dallas, but doesn't seem to be the same as the 'fellow' Drain speaks of above in the Parkland incident. But Drain also doesn't seem to realize that the 'fellow' is a fellow FBI agent?

Torbitt

After the Bay of Pigs disaster, the Prio-Ruby group under

Bannister's direction continued to work with the Cuban exiles

toward an invasion of the Cuban mainland. Bannister, as a free

agent. worked with Warren DeBrueys, Division Five of the FBI's

resident agent in New Orleans. DeBrueys was also a White Russian

and a member of the Solidarists.

DeBrueys' chief assignment in the summer and fall of 1963

was to maintain a close vigil over Lee Harvey Oswald in New

Orleans and Dallas. This he did, and after Oswald's death,

DeBrueys gathered all of Oswald's personal belongings and carried

them to J. Edgar Hoover in Washington, D.C.94

On November 22, before it was known that Kennedy was dead,

Warren Debrueys walked into Parkland Hospital and tried to force

his way into the room where President Kennedy was being attended.

Two Secret Service agents had a terrible fight with DeBrueys,

before he was subdued in the room just outside of Kennedy's. He

was held down by Secret Service agents until help arrived.95

Strong stuff. Debrueys, as an FBI Agent, is stationed in New Orleans. He has no reason for being in Dallas, and it is not possible for him to be there at this time, unless he arrived earlier in the day - which would really be suspicious.

Gary Mack

Gary Mack informed me that this was Dallas field agent Doyle Williams. Wiliiams wrote an official report of the incident which can be found at NARA, and was interviewed in JFK: The Torch Is Passed. I couldn't find the report - unless it is the one on Agent Hosty? That was the only report on file for 11/22.

Out of 12 hits at NARA for Doyle Williams - none are classified, and all are reports by Doyle [as opposed to addressed to Doyle].

Notes from Shackelford on Hosty's book, Assignment: Oswald.

http://spot.acorn.net/jfkplace/03/MS/1book.html

At Parkland, agent Doyle Williams entered the secured area where LBJ was

located, and was decked by Secret Service agents before he could identify

himself.(pp. 63-64)

...'Decked' sounds like Crenshaw's account. Maybe that's the reason Doyle only wrote a single report that day. As opposed to being close to Kennedy, Hosty places him by where LBJ is located.

By Nov. 25, the number of agents assigned to Dallas jumped from 40 to

100. The office took over the building's 7th floor, and divided the

agents into two groups. Agents investigating Oswald were located on the

11th floor; those investigating Ruby were located on the 7th floor. (p.65)

Hosty and Warren DeBrueys, both with background on Oswald, are assigned

instead to the Ruby squad. On the Oswald squad, Bob Barrett is put in

charge of the Tippit shooting, and the office wiretapper (p. 110), Nat

Pinkston, is put in charge of Dealey Plaza. Manning Clements heads the

Ruby squad. (p. 68)

3 hours later, at noon, Hosty and DeBrueys are re-assigned to the Oswald

squad.(p. 70)

Shackelford again...Databitz 3

http://spot.acorn.net/jfkplace/03/MS/3data.html

p. 54 note 12 Warren DeBrueys, New Orleans FBI agent transferred

to Dallas to assist in JFK assassination investigation, was (per CIA

release) part of a covert operation called Project SEAL; another

SEAL member was Sergio Arcacha Smith, former New Orleans anti-

Castro activist (with links to Banister)whom Texas refused to

extradite for Garrison.

Weberman Nodule #17:

WARREN C. DeBRUEYS flew to Dallas shortly after the assassination. Since the second set of tramps were shuttled back and forth until approximately 5:00 p.m. DeBRUEYS could have released the tramps or verified their ID.

Fetzer's Murder in Dealey Plaza, Catfeet press, Chicago, 2000, p70:

FBI SAC J. Gordon Shanklin orders SA J. Doyle Williams to go to Parkland Hospital, locate the SS agent in charge, and inform him that Hoover has ordered all bureau resources to be at the ready to assist. Williams speeds to the hospital, finds Roy Kellerman and relays message. He then offers J. Edgar Hoover's condolences to Mrs. Kennedy. He then asks one of the nurses to help him find a telephone so that he can report to his superiors. When he returns from making this telephone call, reports of what happens next are confusing. Williams testifies that he is grabbed from behind by two SS agents and wrestled to the hall floor. Roy Kellerman steps in and asks Williams to leave. He does so and returns to the FBI office.

NOTE: Hoover will eventually demote Williams for this incident.[/quote]

We have multiple accounts of what transpired here. And they seem to differ in small degrees, one from another - but it still seems like we are missing something. Was he hit, or wrestled to the ground? Is it Doyle Williams, or Warren Debrueys? Why would Williams be demoted by Hoover for this incident?

extradite for Garrison.

from Lee Forman post, 11/22/2005

As I recall Rose Cheramie identified Sergio Arcacha Smith as one of her attackers just prior to 11/22/63. If I recall correctly, for a reason unknown to me, after investigating this, Jim Garrison did not follow-up with it.

Returning after a long break...

Once we reached the bottom of the stairwell, we opened the door and rushed into the emergency room. There is always a commotion around trauma, but what I saw was sheer bedlam. As we flew by the nurses’ station, I yelled, "Which room?" A nurse with tears streaming down her face raised one finger.

I looked to my left and saw a man in a suit running. To my amazement, another man in a suit jumped in his path and smashed a Thompson submachine gun across his chest and face. The first man’s eyes immediately turned glassy, and he fell against a gray tile wall, and slithered to the floor unconscious. When I heard that gun slam against his face, I just knew the man’s jaw was broken. Normally, I would have rushed over and treated the poor guy, but the president of the United States was waiting for me, and his condition was worse than broken bones. I was to learn later that the man with the gun was a Secret Service agent, and the one who had been hit was an FBI agent.

He's a Doctor - he knows that the jawbone has been broken. The man is unconscious.

SA Vince Drain

I wasn't up close to the body, but I could see fairly well the large amount of blood from the head wound. The head was badly damaged from the lower right base across the top extending across the top of the ear. It appeared to me as though the bullet traveled upward and had taken off the right portion of his skull. It may have been the security officer or one of the other officers who gave me a portion of the skull which was about the size of a teacup, much larger than a silver dollar. [Note from Larry Sneed: This skull fragment sounds very much like the fragment discovered by motorcycle patrolman Bobby Joe Dale. See Dale narrative, page 136.] Apparently the explosion had jerked it because the hair was still on it. I carried that back to Washington later that night and turned it over to the FBI laboratory.

Apparently a problem developed at the hospital when a fellow arrived without knowing exactly where he was. He was in a restricted area and had gone through the swinging doors when he was confronted by the Secret Service. They then grabbed him and removed him from the building. I didn't know what was going on at the time because I was already in the trauma room where the President was.

He said, "I think that's an excellent idea. Let's get it out of here within the hour." So I picked up the phone, called the office, and got eight agents and headed out of there within the hour. That was, I believe, on Tuesday. Then on Wednesday I took it back to Washington with a visiting agent who had been sent in to help us out, Warren DeBrueys, the head of the New Orleans Crime Commission.

DeBrueys is sent up from Dallas, but doesn't seem to be the same as the 'fellow' Drain speaks of above in the Parkland incident. But Drain also doesn't seem to realize that the 'fellow' is a fellow FBI agent?

Torbitt

Strong stuff. Debrueys, as an FBI Agent, is stationed in New Orleans. He has no reason for being in Dallas, and it is not possible for him to be there at this time, unless he arrived earlier in the day - which would really be suspicious.

Gary Mack

Gary Mack informed me that this was Dallas field agent Doyle Williams. Wiliiams wrote an official report of the incident which can be found at NARA, and was interviewed in JFK: The Torch Is Passed. I couldn't find the report - unless it is the one on Agent Hosty? That was the only report on file for 11/22.

Out of 12 hits at NARA for Doyle Williams - none are classified, and all are reports by Doyle [as opposed to addressed to Doyle].

himself.(pp. 63-64)

...'Decked' sounds like Crenshaw's account. Maybe that's the reason Doyle only wrote a single report that day. As opposed to being close to Kennedy, Hosty places him by where LBJ is located.

Ruby squad. (p. 68)

squad.(p. 70)

extradite for Garrison.

Weberman Nodule #17:

WARREN C. DeBRUEYS flew to Dallas shortly after the assassination. Since the second set of tramps were shuttled back and forth until approximately 5:00 p.m. DeBRUEYS could have released the tramps or verified their ID.

FBI SAC J. Gordon Shanklin orders SA J. Doyle Williams to go to Parkland Hospital, locate the SS agent in charge, and inform him that Hoover has ordered all bureau resources to be at the ready to assist. Williams speeds to the hospital, finds Roy Kellerman and relays message. He then offers J. Edgar Hoover's condolences to Mrs. Kennedy. He then asks one of the nurses to help him find a telephone so that he can report to his superiors. When he returns from making this telephone call, reports of what happens next are confusing. Williams testifies that he is grabbed from behind by two SS agents and wrestled to the hall floor. Roy Kellerman steps in and asks Williams to leave. He does so and returns to the FBI office.

We have multiple accounts of what transpired here. And they seem to differ in small degrees, one from another - but it still seems like we are missing something. Was he hit, or wrestled to the ground? Is it Doyle Williams, or Warren Debrueys? Why would Williams be demoted by Hoover for this incident?

There has to be more information on this incident, I am vaguely familiar with it.

Namebase.org DeBrueys, Warren

http://www.namebase.org/cgi-bin/nb01?_DE%20BRUEYS_WARREN_C

couldn't find Doyle Williams on namebase.org unless discrepancy of some kind or went by another first name and Doyle is/was middle name?

maryferrell.org - Doyle Williams

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...ancedResults.do

maryferrell.org - Warren DeBrueys

maryferrell.org - Operation Seal

SA Vince Drain

Torbitt

Gary Mack

himself.(pp. 63-64)

Ruby squad. (p. 68)

squad.(p. 70)

extradite for Garrison.

Weberman Nodule #17:

There has to be more information on this incident, I am vaguely familiar with it.

Namebase.org DeBrueys, Warren

http://www.namebase.org/cgi-bin/nb01?_DE%20BRUEYS_WARREN_C

couldn't find Doyle Williams on namebase.org unless discrepancy of some kind or went by another first name and Doyle is/was middle name?

maryferrell.org - Doyle Williams

maryferrell.org - Warren DeBrueys

maryferrell.org - Operation Seal

Good thread -- what was going on?

Looks like the SS was using force to keep the FBI out of the trauma room............

This was probably ordered by Emory Roberts and CD Dillon..........

The FBI was not in the loop and had to be kept at bay and away from the REAL evidence as long as possible

Lee,

A sidebar on Doyle Williams. He played John Connolly in the Warren Commission's official filmed reenactment of the Kennedy assassination.

Also in 1968, Williams' house burned to the ground. He and his eleven year old daughter escaped but he was unable to rescue his wife. Two fireman eventually pulled her out of the burning residence but she died a few days later suffering severe burns and smoke inhalation.

FWIW.

James

• 4 years later...

FWIW: I had a two hour filmed interview with Doyle Williams around July, 1990, about this incident. He was definitely jumped and then thrown to the ground. While lying on the floor, Kellerman came over, leaned over, and said to him "Perhaps you'd better leave." (!) There is much else. DSL

FWIW: I had a two hour filmed interview with Doyle Williams around July, 1990, about this incident. He was definitely jumped and then thrown to the ground. While lying on the floor, Kellerman came over, leaned over, and said to him "Perhaps you'd better leave." (!) There is much else. DSL

Thanks, Lee, Peter, Gary Mack and David.

Bill Kelly

• 4 months later...

David,

Do you have a transcript of this interview?

BK

The agent was definitely Doyle Williams. Also note: Williams was the one who was the stand in for Governor Connally in the photo reconstruction of the assassination. FYI: I have an excellent, detailed, an professionally filmed interview of Williams, which I conducted around July, 1990. As I recall, Williams was either a black belt or a judo expert, was armed, and if he had not reacted (relatively calmly) as he did, the situation could have escalated completely out of control.

If anyone has specific questions, this film can be consulted for answers. (I also have a very fine interview of Vince Drain). In any event, please do note that the FBI agent who was attacked, in this manner, was Doyle Williams.

DSL

12/9/10; 6:40 PM PST

Los Angeles, CA

The agent was definitely Doyle Williams. Also note: Williams was the one who was the stand in for Governor Connally in the photo reconstruction of the assassination. FYI: I have an excellent, detailed, an professionally filmed interview of Williams, which I conducted around July, 1990. As I recall, Williams was either a black belt or a judo expert, was armed, and if he had not reacted (relatively calmly) as he did, the situation could have escalated completely out of control.

If anyone has specific questions, this film can be consulted for answers. (I also have a very fine interview of Vince Drain). In any event, please do note that the FBI agent who was attacked, in this manner, was Doyle Williams.

DSL

Los Angeles, CA

David:

Where can one view these interviews?

Best,

Doug Weldon

DSL

Los Angeles, CA

The late Doyle Williams lived in my neighborhood in Fort Worth and often came to our neighborhood meetings.

He "knew who I was" before I knew who he was (he was aware of my JFK research). He told me once that he was

a chief dactylographer for the FBI. I replied, OH, I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE IN THE FINGERPRINT SECTION!

Why was a fingerprint expert used in the reconstruction photos? Why was he at Parkland?

Jack

Edited by Jack White

• 5 months later...

DSL

Los Angeles, CA

The late Doyle Williams lived in my neighborhood in Fort Worth and often came to our neighborhood meetings.

He "knew who I was" before I knew who he was (he was aware of my JFK research). He told me once that he was

a chief dactylographer for the FBI. I replied, OH, I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE IN THE FINGERPRINT SECTION!

Why was a fingerprint expert used in the reconstruction photos? Why was he at Parkland?

Jack

I suppose in some ways the following almost appears under the category

of those stories that start with Man Chases Car and Bites Dog, after all these years.

There was a CIA agent at Parkland Hospital on November 22, 1963 and his name

was Mr. Linwood Davis

see

MEMO:MEMO BY PAUL HOCH CONCERNING CIA ACTIVITIES AND THE WARREN COMMISSION INVESTIGATION/COMMENTS AND ANSWERS TO HOCH QUESTIONS

Following the assassination of President Kennedy DCI McCone instructed the Domestic Contacts Division to send an officer from its Dallas office to Parkland Hospital

to contact and offer assistance to the FBI and Secret Service. Mr. Linwood Davis of that office went immediately to the hospital where he identified himself to the FBI and offered his services during the emergency.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=29177&relPageId=18

Whether Mr Davis was involved in any manner with the incident at Parkland Hospital is not answered in anything I've run across.

There is a good chance that Mr. Davis lived in Denton finding an obituary

seems to lead to Roselawn Memorial Park there.

The reason I say that is based on the following.

Name: Linwood Davis

Death Date: 06 Sep 1964

Death Place: Denton, Denton, Texas

Race: White

Death Age: 51 years

Estimated Birth Date:

Birth Date: 26 May 1913

Birthplace: Texarkana, Texas

Marital Status: Married

Spouse's Name:

Father's Name: Sam T. Davis

Father's Birthplace:

Mother's Name: Minnie Lee Joiner

Mother's Birthplace:

Place of Residence: Denton, Denton, Texas

Cemetery: Roselawn Memorial Park

Burial Place: Denton, Texas

Burial Date: 07 Sep 1964

Additional Relatives: X

Film Number: 2117598

Digital Film Number: 4028387

Image Number: 972

Reference Number: cn 56044

from familysearch.org

Joiner, Joiner.....name does seem vaguely familar...

whether the person above is the Linwood Davis, I have no idea.....

but it does seem to validate my previous statements about the

importance of genealogical research, but that's just my opinion.

DSL

Los Angeles, CA

Jack

I suppose in some ways the following almost appears under the category

of those stories that start with Man Chases Car and Bites Dog, after all these years.

There was a CIA agent at Parkland Hospital on November 22, 1963 and his name

was Mr. Linwood Davis

see

MEMO:MEMO BY PAUL HOCH CONCERNING CIA ACTIVITIES AND THE WARREN COMMISSION INVESTIGATION/COMMENTS AND ANSWERS TO HOCH QUESTIONS

Following the assassination of President Kennedy DCI McCone instructed the Domestic Contacts Division to send an officer from its Dallas office to Parkland Hospital

to contact and offer assistance to the FBI and Secret Service. Mr. Linwood Davis of that office went immediately to the hospital where he identified himself to the FBI and offered his services during the emergency.

http://www.maryferre...77&relPageId=18

Whether Mr Davis was involved in any manner with the incident at Parkland Hospital is not answered in anything I've run across.

There is a good chance that Mr. Davis lived in Denton finding an obituary

seems to lead to Roselawn Memorial Park there.

The reason I say that is based on the following.

Name: Linwood Davis

Death Date: 06 Sep 1964

Death Place: Denton, Denton, Texas

Race: White

Death Age: 51 years

Estimated Birth Date:

Birth Date: 26 May 1913

Birthplace: Texarkana, Texas

Marital Status: Married

Spouse's Name:

Father's Name: Sam T. Davis

Father's Birthplace:

Mother's Name: Minnie Lee Joiner

Mother's Birthplace:

Place of Residence: Denton, Denton, Texas

Cemetery: Roselawn Memorial Park

Burial Place: Denton, Texas

Burial Date: 07 Sep 1964

Additional Relatives: X

Film Number: 2117598

Digital Film Number: 4028387

Image Number: 972

Reference Number: cn 56044

from familysearch.org

Joiner, Joiner.....name does seem vaguely familiar...

whether the person above is the Linwood Davis, I have no idea.....

but it does seem to validate my previous statements about the

importance of genealogical research, but that's just my opinion.

It is really amazing to me that at one time, there was an incredible amount of interest in the Dallas

CIA office and the aforementioned incident at Parkland Hospital.

The identity and even the fact there was a CIA agent dispatched to Parkland Hospital,

not to mention the possibility he was a relative of a well known right-wing family in Dallas, results in Zero responses.

On a site dedicated to ascertaining the true facts of the assassination, what does that say

about what is going on, on the Forum these days......