The Education Forum

Irving Davidson

John Simkin

Pat, I have another FBI document dated April 5, 1966. It concerns an investigation into a Martha Golden Davidson. Married to Samuel Davidson, Martha was employed by the Soviet Embassy, Washington. She was sacked from this post on 15 September, 1965. The FBI document suggests that Martha was a Soviet spy. They point out that her husband was a member of the American Communist Party, who had been himself dismissed from the Department of the Navy in 1943 for being a member of a "Communist Party Navy Department cell in 1943". This document suggests that I. Irving Davidson was connected in some way with Martha and Samuel Davidson.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

William, over the last few days I discussed the likelihood that the Davidson sent by LBJ to Puerto Rico to cut some deals regarding the 1965 Dominican crisis was actually C.G. Davidson, and not Irving Davidson, as I'd previously suspected. Do you know anything of him? He was the son-in-law of J.M. Kaplan, of the Welch's Grape jelly fortune. In the sixties, Ramparts exposed the J.M. Kaplan fund as a CIA conduit to the left.

Among my many questions about this man, do you know if he was related to Irving Davidson? Anyone?

This is the report that Anne Buttimer, Chief Investigator for the Assassination Records Review Board, wrote after meeting Gene Wheaton on 11th July, 1995 (dated 12th July, 1995)

Wheaton began by telling me he would only give me limited information over the telephone although he was willing to meet me face to face to provide as much information as he had. He said he had no physical proof of what he would eventually tell the Board; however he said he does have a number of documents which he will need to show me in order for me to believe what he has to say.

By way of providing background on himself Wheaton explained he is a 59 year old retired miliatry intelligence officer. He works as a consultant investigating terrorist attacks around the world and said he expects his telephone will ring in the next few days with an offer to work on the Oklahoma City federal building bombing. He said if this happens he will also probably be called to Washington DC and would meet with me here. If he does not he would still agree to meet with us but would have to do so on the West Coast. He lives in Riverside County, California near Palm Springs.

Wheaton told me that from 1984 to 1987 he spent a lot of time in the Washington DC area and that starting in 1985 he was "recruited into Ollie North's network" by the CIA officer he has information about. He got to know this man and his wife, a "'super grade high level CIA officer" and kept a bedroom in their Virginia home. His friend was a Marine Corps liason in New Orleans and was the CIA contact with Carlos Marcello. He had been responsible for "running people into Cuba before the Bay of Pigs." His friend is now 68 or 69 years of age.

Over the course of a year or a year and one-half his friend told him about his activities with training Cuban insurgency groups. Wheaton said he also got to know many of the Cubans who had been his friend's soldiers/operatives when the Cubans visited in Virginia from their homes in Miami. His friend and the Cubans confirmed to Wheaton they assassinated JFK. Wheaton's friend said he trained the Cubans who pulled the triggers. Wheaton said the street level Cubans felt JFK was a traitor after the Bay of Pigs and wanted to kill him. People "above the Cubans" wanted JFK killed for other reasons.

Wheaton said we must look at his friend and his associates in order to know what really happened to JFK. One of those associates was I. Irving Davidson who was/is "the bag man for the intelligence community." Davidson runs a group called the Timber Center which handles payoffs and payments for the CIA, the NSA and the Pentagon. He is a friend of Jack Anderson's and was indicted with Carlos Marcello in the 1980's on a Teamster's kick-back charge. Davidson is a non-practicing attorney in Washington D.C. He is now about 70 years old.

Wheaton said he would speak to the Board confidentially but would not allow his name to be used publicly because his friend and the friend's associates "said they would destroy me int he media witha blitz of disinformation to destroy my professional reputation. They will make me out to be a conspiracy nut. I'm not afraid of them, I've been a cop too long and besides, they only kill the people on the inner circle. The rest of us end up having our reputations destroyed."

Wheaton concluded by saying "this matter is not complex but it is convoluted. I need to show you the paper trail to show the contacts of these people."

I. Irving Davidson was an attorney/lobbyist with an office adjacent to Jack Anderson's. He had direct access to J. Edgar Hoover by dint of representing Hoover's close buddy, Clint Murchison. He also represented Jimmy Hoffa, Carlos Marcello, Trujillo of the Dom Rep, among other shady characters. He would have been a natural for the intelligence agencies to approach, as Wheaton indicates.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
BTW, John. Do you have any information about Davidson's work with a Dallas cotton company named Felder Co.?

No. Do you?

Not really.

W.D. Felder Jr. hired Davidson through the company's public relations department. Felder had some kind of dealing with General Walker and I was hoping some more information was available. I have not been able to find any details regarding this at all.

James

Does anyone have any more information on Irving Davidson? There is very little on the internet about him. I am told he is still alive. You can find what I have on him here:

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKdavidsonI.htm

NYT 9.27.63 Tad Szulc; Outside Contact Report - HSCA-11.2.78 - I. Irving Davidson; FBI 62-109060-5836, 37; Hearing before Committee on Foreign Relations, U.S. Senate, Part 11 8.8.63; Gordon, Chaplin-The Fantastic Deals of I. Irving Davidson.-Potomac 3.21.76; Life 5.2.69.

Oh that Tad Szulc; what an insider.

It said somewhere ("Brothers"?) that JFK was considering offering him a white house job.

Don't know much about it though.

John wrote:

Davidson is still alive and is likely to take legal action against people who make false claims against him.

This post will probably demonstrate that I do take seriously at least some of John's posts!!

Without accusing Davidson of ANYTHING, could most of us agree that if there should be a new investigation Davidson ought to be on a list of people to be interrogated under oath? Clearly though Davidson is getting up in years, and that might happen only if a new investigation can be accomplished in the near future.

Again, without any evidence I am not suggesting that Davidson was in any way, shape or form connected to the assassination but he did have some interesting people with whom he associated (e.g. Carlos Marcello and Jimmy Hoffa) and he may have some information that could be helpful to the investigation (IMO).

I suggest people go back to Page 1 of this thread and read Pat's Post #9 and John's Post #15. Both quite interesting!

Edited by Tim Gratz

Reading previous posts, I came across Pat's post with reference to the 1967 "Ramparts" article about CIA funding of NSA. I found this paragraph of some interest:

Two foundations that have supported the international programs of NSA -- the J. Frederick Brown Foundation and the Independence Foundation -- have received regular contributions from four of these CIA-linked Funds: Price, Borden, Kentfield, and Edsel. Both the J. Frederick Brown and the Independence Foundations list the same address, 60 State Street, Boston, which is also the address of the prestigious law firm of Hale and Dorr. Paul F. Hellmuth, a well-known Boston attorney and a member of Hale and Dorr, and David B. Stone, a Boston businessman and philanthropist, are the trustees of the Independence Foundation. Hellmuth alone is the trustee of the J. Frederick Brown Foundation.

Attorney Joe Welch haled from, Hale and Dorr (sorry, guys!). You will recall that it was Welch's representation of the United States in the Army-McCarthy hearings that helped bring down Sen. McCarthy. The official history of the law firm states that it represented the Army on a "pro bono" basis. (Apparently the Army could not afford its fees!)

Welch was assisted in the Army-McCarthy hearings by a young lawyer named James St. Clair who, in 1974, resigned from Hale and Dorr to represent RMN in his Watergate problems.

It would be interesting to do a bit of research on Attorney Paul F. Hellmuth.

Edited by Tim Gratz

This is the document that suggests Irving Davidson might have been involved in the assassination of JFK. We now know that Wheaton's evidence came from Carl E. Jenkins and Chi Chi Quintero.

It is also relevant that Tim Gratz has planted himself on the end of this thread.

Anne Buttimer, Chief Investigator for the Assassination Records Review Board (12th July, 1995)

Wheaton began by telling me he would only give me limited information over the telephone although he was willing to meet me face to face to provide as much information as he had. He said he had no physical proof of what he would eventually tell the Board; however he said he does have a number of documents which he will need to show me in order for me to believe what he has to say.

By way of providing background on himself Wheaton explained he is a 59 year old retired military intelligence officer. He works as a consultant investigating terrorist attacks around the world and said he expects his telephone will ring in the next few days with an offer to work on the Oklahoma City federal building bombing. He said if this happens he will also probably be called to Washington DC and would meet with me here. If he does not he would still agree to meet with us but would have to do so on the West Coast. He lives in Riverside County, California near Palm Springs.

Wheaton told me that from 1984 to 1987 he spent a lot of time in the Washington DC area and that starting in 1985 he was "recruited into Ollie North's network" by the CIA officer he has information about. He got to know this man and his wife, a "'super grade high level CIA officer" and kept a bedroom in their Virginia home. His friend was a Marine Corps liaison in New Orleans and was the CIA contact with Carlos Marcello. He had been responsible for "running people into Cuba before the Bay of Pigs." His friend is now 68 or 69 years of age.

Over the course of a year or a year and one-half his friend told him about his activities with training Cuban insurgency groups. Wheaton said he also got to know many of the Cubans who had been his friend's soldiers/operatives when the Cubans visited in Virginia from their homes in Miami. His friend and the Cubans confirmed to Wheaton they assassinated JFK. Wheaton's friend said he trained the Cubans who pulled the triggers. Wheaton said the street level Cubans felt JFK was a traitor after the Bay of Pigs and wanted to kill him. People "above the Cubans" wanted JFK killed for other reasons.

Wheaton said we must look at his friend and his associates in order to know what really happened to JFK. One of those associates was I. Irving Davidson who was/is "the bag man for the intelligence community." Davidson runs a group called the Timber Center which handles payoffs and payments for the CIA, the NSA and the Pentagon. He is a friend of Jack Anderson's and was indicted with Carlos Marcello in the 1980's on a Teamster's kick-back charge. Davidson is a non-practicing attorney in Washington D.C. He is now about 70 years old.

Wheaton said he would speak to the Board confidentially but would not allow his name to be used publicly because his friend and the friend's associates "said they would destroy me in the media with a blitz of disinformation to destroy my professional reputation. They will make me out to be a conspiracy nut. I'm not afraid of them, I've been a cop too long and besides, they only kill the people on the inner circle. The rest of us end up having our reputations destroyed."

Wheaton concluded by saying "this matter is not complex but it is convoluted. I need to show you the paper trail to show the contacts of these people."