The Education Forum

"George" & Geology

If memory serves me correctly, was not our Mr. DeMohrenschildt somewhat involved in the search for oil?

As in "Geophysical" research and examinations?

http://www.ti.com/corp/docs/press/backgrou...iginsofti.shtml

Perhaps a good place to start!

Tom

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January of 1939, the name of the parent corporation, Geophysical Service, was changed to the Coronado Corporation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: CORONADO CORPORATION

Type Entity: Business Corporation

Mailing Address: 510 PERE MARQUETTE B, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Domicile Address: 510 PERE MARQUETTE B, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Certainly a "familiar" location.

Makes one wonder exactly why "ole" Jimbo could not find out many of these items?

Name: LOUISIANA ROYALTIES, INC.

Incorporated: 07/15/1960

Registered Agent (Appointed 7/15/1960): F.D.V. DE LA BARRE, 1501 AMERICAN BANK BUILDING, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

President: THOMAS D. BURBANK, 1500 AMER. BANK BLDG, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

Vice President: RONALD W. MISTROT, 1500 AMER. BANK BLDG, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

Secretary/Treasurer: LOUIS J. ROUSSEL, 1500 AMER. BANK BLDG, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

Name: THE POLITICAL LEAGUE

Type Entity: Non-Profit Corporation

Mailing Address: 710 PERE MARQUETTE, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Domicile Address: 710 PERE MARQUETTE, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Incorporated: 02/04/1963

Registered Agent (Appointed 2/04/1963): HUBERT J. BADEAUX, 8241 HICKORY ST, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70118

Registered Agent (Appointed 2/04/1963): F. D. V. DE LA BARRE, 4122 PITT ST, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70115

Name: NATIONAL OIL AND GAS CO. INC.

Mailing Address: 1701 PERE MARQUETTE BLDG, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Domicile Address: 1701 PERE MARQUETTE BLDG, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Incorporated: 06/21/1956

Registered Agent (Appointed 6/21/1956): F.D.V. DELA BARRE, 1701 PERE MARQUETTE BLDG., NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Name: VALESCERE FOUNDATION

Mailing Address: 710 PERE MARQUETTE BLDG., NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Domicile Address: 710 PERE MARQUETTE BLDG., NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Registered Agent (Appointed 7/21/1966): F.D.V. DE LA BARRE, 710 PERE MARQUETTE BLDG., NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

President: ALTON OCHSNER, JR., M.D., 1407 STATE ST., NEW ORLEANS, LA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: HOSPITIUM FOUNDATION

Incorporated: 07/05/1967

Registered Agent (Appointed 7/05/1967): ALTON OCHSNER, JR., 1407 STATE ST.

Registered Agent (Appointed 7/05/1967): F. D. V. DE LA BARRE, 710 PERE MARQUETTE

Name: THREE B OIL CORPORATION

Mailing Address: C/O G. WRAY GILL, 1707 PERE MARQUETTE, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Domicile Address: 1707 PERE MARQUETTE, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Name: GILL AND BAKER CORPORATION

Prior Name: COLLINS OIL CORPORATION, ASHTON (10/06/1959)

Incorporated: 04/03/1959

Name: SALT DOME SULPHUR CORPORATION

Mailing Address: 1507 PERE MARQUETTE, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Domicile Address: 1507 PERE MARQUETTE, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Incorporated: 10/31/1956

Registered Agent (Appointed 10/31/1956): CLEM H. SEHRT, 5870 CANAL BV, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

One could speculate that the reason "Ole Jimbo" did not dig into any of this was because he did not want to have to change his name again and thereafter hide in the Louisiana swamps for the remainder of his life.

Tom

P.S. As stated in the advertising/merchandising business, there is of course much, much, more.

A Delaware subsidiary of Geophysical Service, called Geophysical Service Inc. (GSI), was created in December 1938.

Name: GEOPHYSICAL SERVICE INC.

Type Entity: Business Corporation (Non-Louisiana)

Mailing Address:

Domicile Address: WILMINGTON, DE 19801

Principal Office:

Principal Bus. Est. in Louisiana:

Qualified: 01/07/1939

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Well, I went by bus--to Texas by bus. But what actually helped me was that my sister-in-law, my wife's sister, had a very, very close friend in Louisiana, Mrs. Margaret Clark--Margaret Clark Williams, who had large oil properties, large estates in Louisiana. That is about the year 1939.

I got to Louisiana, as the guest, I remember--with my sister-in-law's aunt, Mrs. Edwards. And then I looked the situation around in New Orleans and decided to apply for a job with Humble Oil Co.

Mr. JENNER. In New Orleans?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. No. They had a branch office in New Orleans, but I had to apply for a job in Houston. So I went to Houston, and I applied for a job with Mr. Suman, who is vice president of Humble Oil Co. Also I met the chairman of the board of the Humble Oil Co. through mutual acquaintances.

Mr. JENNER. Did you return to Louisiana and do some work there?

Name: HALLIBURTON GEOPHYSICAL SERVICES, INC.

Merger Information: MERGED INTO HALLIBURTON COMPANY, DOM. AT WILMINGTON, DE.

Prior Name: GEOPHYSICAL SERVICE INC

Mailing Address: 6909 S. W. FWY., P O BOX 36306, HOUSTON, TX 77074

Domicile Address: 1209 ORANGE STREET, WILMINGTON, DE 19801

Principal Office: 6909 S. W. FWY., P O BOX 36306, HOUSTON, TX 77074

Principal Bus. Est. in Louisiana: 601 POYDRAS STREET, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

A Delaware subsidiary of Geophysical Service, called Geophysical Service Inc. (GSI), was created in December 1938.

Mailing Address:

Principal Office:

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Well, I went by bus--to Texas by bus. But what actually helped me was that my sister-in-law, my wife's sister, had a very, very close friend in Louisiana, Mrs. Margaret Clark--Margaret Clark Williams, who had large oil properties, large estates in Louisiana. That is about the year 1939.

I got to Louisiana, as the guest, I remember--with my sister-in-law's aunt, Mrs. Edwards. And then I looked the situation around in New Orleans and decided to apply for a job with Humble Oil Co.

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. No. They had a branch office in New Orleans, but I had to apply for a job in Houston. So I went to Houston, and I applied for a job with Mr. Suman, who is vice president of Humble Oil Co. Also I met the chairman of the board of the Humble Oil Co. through mutual acquaintances.

http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online...s/KK/fkabh.html

Accordingly, with DeGolyer's backing, they resigned from Geophysical Research Corporation and in May 1930 set up the world's first independent company to provide such services-Geophysical Service. They established operating headquarters in Dallas and a laboratory in Newark, managed by J. Erik Jonsson, a former Alcoa sales engineer. One crew chief who began a period of on-the-job training was Cecil H. Green, a future founder of Texas Instruments.qv Karcher led the company to acquire ownership of producing fields; the company therefore decided in 1938 to separate production from exploration. Two subsidiaries resulted: a production subsidiary, the Coronado Corporation, headed by Karcher, and Geophysical Service, Incorporated, managed by McDermott. Beginning in 1941, Karcher pursued his growing interest in organizing additional companies to find and produce oil. This resulted in the purchase of Coronado by Standard of Indiana (Stanolind) and the purchase of Geophysical Service, Incorporated, by Erik Jonsson, Cecil H. Green, Eugene McDermott, and H. Bates Peacock. In 1951 the manufacturing and the geophysical exploration services of GSI were given separate business structures. The laboratory and manufacturing division of GSI became Texas Instruments, Incorporated.

http://www.ti.com/corp/docs/company/history/jonsson.shtml

1941-51

Geophysical Service Inc. (GSI), Dallas TX

1942-51

Vice President and Treasurer

1951-82

Texas Instruments Incorporated, Dallas, TX

1951-58

President

1958-66

Chairman of the Board

Tulane University,

New Orleans, LA (1962-77) Former Member, Board of Visitors (formerly Chairman)

Professional Affiliations:

Republic of Texas Corporation or RepublicBank Dallas,

Dallas, TX (now NationsBank) Director 1954-80

Dallas Power & Light Company,

Dallas TX Director 1955-64

Neiman Marcus Co.,

Dallas, TX Director 1956-65

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Civic Activities:

City of Dallas,

TX Mayor, 1964-71

Social Affiliations:

Dallas Petroleum Club, Dallas, TX

Headquarters for GSI's offshore exploration division, Geomarine Service International, moved from Dallas to New Orleans .

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. I did not pay any attention. I left them to their own devices. I spoke to various people. I thought I had done my duty by bringing them along. What really impressed me that particular night was an extraordinary interest which developed between this Japanese girl, Yaeko--I don't remember her last name--but I already had given that impression of mine at the American Embassy so they could check on that. She was a Japanese girl, very good looking, who worked, I think, at Neiman-Marcus in Dallas, and was brought into Dallas from Japan by some people in the cotton business to take care of their babies.

Now, this girl is a much superior girl as to be just a baby caretaker. She eventually left that couple that is all hearsay, you see, and became sort of a girl friend of a Russian musician who lives in Dallas by the name of Lev Aronson. And I do not recall whether he was at the party or not. But Yaeko was, and they developed an immediate interest in each other--Oswald and Yaeko. They just went on sight and started talking and talking and talking. I thought that was understandable because Oswald had been in Japan, you see. But the interest was so overwhelming that Marina objected, and became very jealous. She told us, either that night or later, that Oswald got her telephone number, she noticed that Oswald got this girl's telephone number. And once or twice later on she told us that she has the impression that Oswald is carrying on something with this girl. Now, this is hearsay again. But----

Mrs. De MOHRENSCHILDT. There were quite a lot of people from this Russian colony and among them there was a little Japanese girl. Do you know about Yaeko?

Mr. JENNER. Y-a-e-k-o?

Mrs. De MOHRENSCHILDT. That is right.

Mr. JENNER. Did you know Yaeko before?

Mrs. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Yes; we knew Yaeko before.

Mr. JENNER. What was her last name?

Mrs. De MOHRENSCHILDT. I don't remember her last name because we always called her Yaeko.

Mr. JENNER. Where was she working?

Mrs. De MOHRENSCHILDT. I don't know whether she was working at the time or not, but she was imported by some American family. She came with the family. She is supposed to be from a very fine Japanese family. She was wealthy. It was strange she worked almost as a servant in some family. I know she had only one day off, because I remember when we wanted to invite her it was only one day, Thursday, that we could invite her. Then she did some work with Neiman Marcus.

Mr. JENNER. Neiman Marcus?

Mrs. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Then she was a musician. She played the Japanese special long, long instrument, and she was playing with the Dallas Symphony, and she was also playing at exhibits, Neiman Marcus gives exhibits, you know, oriental exhibits, whatever it was, that fall, and she was participating in it. That is what we know about Yaeko. But then we heard that she was in New York.

To tell you frankly I never trusted Yaeko. I thought there was something fishy, maybe because I was brought up with Japanese, you know, and I knew what treachery it is, you know. I just somehow--she was very pleasant, but was very strange to me the way she was floating around, you know, and everything. There is another strange thing happened, too, with that Yaeko.

Mr. JENNER. Involving the Oswalds?

Mrs. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Yes.

Mr. JENNER. Tell us.

Mrs. De MOHRENSCHILDT. That was very funny because they practically spent all evening together at that party, and Marina was furious, of course, about it. And the party that brought Yoico to the party was furious about it, too, and I don't blame him for it. And from what I understand, Marina told me that Oswald saw Yaeko after, which was very unusual, because I don't think Oswald wanted to see anyone, let's put it that way. He would rather just sit by himself and--locked, in a house, not to see anyone. And, in fact, Marina was jealous of it, from Yaeko. She was the only person we know that Oswald really liked.

Mr. JENNER. Can you recall the names of the family with whom Yaeko---by whom Yaeko was employed?

Mrs. De MOHRENSCHILDT. No; but I can find out very easily.

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. The Dallas Council of World Affairs. I met quite a few people at the meetings. But they were open, public meetings, where international affairs were discussed. I remember several of the Dallas real conservatives called that Dallas council very leftist. But I never noticed anything in particular.

Mr. JENNER. Were there people of substance that participated in that group?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Yes; very much so. Mr. Marcus was the president of it

Mailing Address:

Principal Office:

http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online...s/KK/fkabh.html

Accordingly, with DeGolyer's backing, they resigned from Geophysical Research Corporation and in May 1930 set up the world's first independent company to provide such services-Geophysical Service. They established operating headquarters in Dallas and a laboratory in Newark, managed by J. Erik Jonsson, a former Alcoa sales engineer. One crew chief who began a period of on-the-job training was Cecil H. Green, a future founder of Texas Instruments.qv Karcher led the company to acquire ownership of producing fields; the company therefore decided in 1938 to separate production from exploration. Two subsidiaries resulted: a production subsidiary, the Coronado Corporation, headed by Karcher, and Geophysical Service, Incorporated, managed by McDermott. Beginning in 1941, Karcher pursued his growing interest in organizing additional companies to find and produce oil. This resulted in the purchase of Coronado by Standard of Indiana (Stanolind) and the purchase of Geophysical Service, Incorporated, by Erik Jonsson, Cecil H. Green, Eugene McDermott, and H. Bates Peacock. In 1951 the manufacturing and the geophysical exploration services of GSI were given separate business structures. The laboratory and manufacturing division of GSI became Texas Instruments, Incorporated.

http://www.ti.com/corp/docs/company/history/jonsson.shtml

1941-51

Geophysical Service Inc. (GSI), Dallas TX

1942-51

Vice President and Treasurer

1951-82

Texas Instruments Incorporated, Dallas, TX

1951-58

President

1958-66

Chairman of the Board

Tulane University,

New Orleans, LA (1962-77) Former Member, Board of Visitors (formerly Chairman)

Professional Affiliations:

Republic of Texas Corporation or RepublicBank Dallas,

Dallas, TX (now NationsBank) Director 1954-80

Dallas Power & Light Company,

Dallas TX Director 1955-64

Neiman Marcus Co.,

Dallas, TX Director 1956-65

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Civic Activities:

City of Dallas,

TX Mayor, 1964-71

Social Affiliations:

Dallas Petroleum Club, Dallas, TX

Headquarters for GSI's offshore exploration division, Geomarine Service International, moved from Dallas to New Orleans .

Name: GEOMARINE SERVICE INTERNATIONAL INC.

Mailing Address: 5900 LEMMON AV, DALLAS, TX 75209

Domicile Address: BOROUGH, FLEMINGTON, NJ 08822

Principal Office: 5900 LEMMON AV, DALLAS, TX 75209

Qualified: 04/06/1954

Registered Agent (Appointed 4/06/1954): CHARLES E. DUNBAR, JR., 1300 HIBERNIA BLDG, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Registered Agent (Appointed 4/06/1954): SUMTER D. MARKS, JR., 1300 HIBERNIA BLDG, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Registered Agent (Appointed 4/06/1954): LOUIS B. CLAVERIE, 1300 HIBERNIA BLDG, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

If memory serves me correctly, was not our Mr. DeMohrenschildt somewhat involved in the search for oil?

Tom

January of 1939, the name of the parent corporation, Geophysical Service, was changed to the Coronado Corporation.

Name: CORONADO CORPORATION

Mailing Address: 510 PERE MARQUETTE B, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Domicile Address: 510 PERE MARQUETTE B, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Certainly a "familiar" location.

Makes one wonder exactly why "ole" Jimbo could not find out many of these items?

Name: LOUISIANA ROYALTIES, INC.

Incorporated: 07/15/1960

Registered Agent (Appointed 7/15/1960): F.D.V. DE LA BARRE, 1501 AMERICAN BANK BUILDING, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

President: THOMAS D. BURBANK, 1500 AMER. BANK BLDG, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

Vice President: RONALD W. MISTROT, 1500 AMER. BANK BLDG, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

Secretary/Treasurer: LOUIS J. ROUSSEL, 1500 AMER. BANK BLDG, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

AFFIDAVIT OF HENRY J. ROUSSEL, JR.

The following affidavit was executed by Henry J. Roussel, Jr., on May 25, 1964.

PRESIDENT'S COMMISSION ON THE ASSASSINATION OF PRESIDENT JOHN F. KENNEDY

STATE OF LOUISIANA,

Parish of Baton Rouge, ss:

I, Henry J. Roussel, Jr., 2172 Elissalde Street, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, being first duly sworn, depose and say:

That while in the United States Marine Corps I served for approximately

three or four months with Lee Harvey Oswald in MACS-9 in Santa Ana, California.

On one occasion I arranged a date for Oswald with my aunt, Rosaleen Quinn, an airline stewardess who, because she was interested in working for the American Embassy in Russia, had taken a leave from her job in order to study Russian. I arranged the date because I knew of Oswald's study of the Russian language. I also arranged a date for my aunt with Lieutenant John E. Donovan. I am under the impression that prior to studying Russian, Oswald had studied German.

Name: THE POLITICAL LEAGUE

Incorporated: 02/04/1963

Registered Agent (Appointed 2/04/1963): HUBERT J. BADEAUX, 8241 HICKORY ST, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70118

Registered Agent (Appointed 2/04/1963): F. D. V. DE LA BARRE, 4122 PITT ST, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70115

Name: NATIONAL OIL AND GAS CO. INC.

Mailing Address: 1701 PERE MARQUETTE BLDG, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Domicile Address: 1701 PERE MARQUETTE BLDG, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Incorporated: 06/21/1956

Registered Agent (Appointed 6/21/1956): F.D.V. DELA BARRE, 1701 PERE MARQUETTE BLDG., NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Name: VALESCERE FOUNDATION

Mailing Address: 710 PERE MARQUETTE BLDG., NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Domicile Address: 710 PERE MARQUETTE BLDG., NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Registered Agent (Appointed 7/21/1966): F.D.V. DE LA BARRE, 710 PERE MARQUETTE BLDG., NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

President: ALTON OCHSNER, JR., M.D., 1407 STATE ST., NEW ORLEANS, LA

Name: HOSPITIUM FOUNDATION

Incorporated: 07/05/1967

Registered Agent (Appointed 7/05/1967): ALTON OCHSNER, JR., 1407 STATE ST.

Registered Agent (Appointed 7/05/1967): F. D. V. DE LA BARRE, 710 PERE MARQUETTE

Name: THREE B OIL CORPORATION

Name: GILL AND BAKER CORPORATION

Prior Name: COLLINS OIL CORPORATION, ASHTON (10/06/1959)

Incorporated: 04/03/1959

Name: SALT DOME SULPHUR CORPORATION

Mailing Address: 1507 PERE MARQUETTE, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Domicile Address: 1507 PERE MARQUETTE, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

Incorporated: 10/31/1956

Registered Agent (Appointed 10/31/1956): CLEM H. SEHRT, 5870 CANAL BV, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112

One could speculate that the reason "Ole Jimbo" did not dig into any of this was because he did not want to have to change his name again and thereafter hide in the Louisiana swamps for the remainder of his life.

Tom

P.S. As stated in the advertising/merchandising business, there is of course much, much, more.

• 4 weeks later...

Tom

Mr. JENNER. Did you have any contact with the Dominican Embassy in 1958?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. In 1958, Dominican Embassy?

Mr. JENNER. The month of April.

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Yes. I think I was invited to--Dominican Embassy. Yes.

Mr. JENNER. Here in Washington?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Yes. I was trying to work up some kind of concession, I think. I was working on some kind of oil deal, and tried to contact the Dominican Ambassador--purely for business reasons--some kind of an oil project which had to do with the Dominican Republic.

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Yes; to the best of my memory--yes; I remember now why I tried to contact the Dominican Embassy in 1957. Somebody told me I don't remember who--that they needed a consulting geologist in the Dominican Republic, and I tried to contact the ambassador, and never was able to see him.

Document #1627; November 15, 1955

To William Douglas Pawley

Series: EM, AWF, Name Series

The Papers of Dwight David Eisenhower, Volume XVI - The Presidency: The Middle Way

Dear Bill: Mamie and I were deeply touched by your extraordinary kindness in offering to us the use of your house on Miami Beach. The fact is that with the emphasis we are now giving to preparatory work for the coming session, I cannot go that distance from Washington, at least for any extended stay.1 So much as I should like to sit on your dock and fish, I simply cannot take advantage of the opportunity.

Naturally, Mamie and I include Edna in our expression to you of profound gratitude.

I was indeed interested to learn that you are doing some development work in the mineralogical and petroleum fields in the Dominican Republic. I trust that the effort is really successful, because I am sure that the consequent enrichment and diversification of the Dominican economy would be a splendid thing for all of us.2

2 Pawley had written that he and his wife Edna had been in Ciudad Trujillo, Dominican Republic. On the sugar-dominated Dominican economy and the development of oil and mineral resources,