The Education Forum

Rip Robertson and RFK?

Guest Gary Loughran
I thought forum members might be interested in this piece on Rip Robertson. His feelings at that point in time toward RFK were kind of curious.

FWIW.

James

It seems Rip liked to be everywhere his boys were, adds some substance to him being in Dallas, especially of some of his boys were. I hadn't realised he enjoyed war so much.

Edited by Gary Loughran

I thought forum members might be interested in this piece on Rip Robertson. His feelings at that point in time toward RFK were kind of curious.

FWIW.

James

It seems Rip liked to be everywhere his boys were, adds some substance to him being in Dallas, especially of some of his boys were. I hadn't realised he enjoyed war so much.

Indeed, Gary. I get the real sense that Rip liked the action.

I was able to confirm Robertson's feelings toward RFK by two men who crewed with him. Some associates of mine are chasing a third who hopefully will go on the record.

There was also an alleged reaction by Robertson to what happened at the Ambassador Hotel that threw a wedge into relationships between old friends.

Onward!

James

Guest Gary Loughran

FWIW.

James

There was also an alleged reaction by Robertson to what happened at the Ambassador Hotel that threw a wedge into relationships between old friends.

Onward!

James

Can you speak of the alleged reaction by Rip? Very tantalising indeed, James.

Gary

FWIW.

James

Onward!

James

Gary

Gary,

Allegedly he wasn't happy and voiced his opinion.

James

Guest Gary Loughran

FWIW.

James

Onward!

James

Gary

Gary,

Allegedly he wasn't happy and voiced his opinion.

James

Any idea why? and who were the old friends? Did his voicing of his opinion affect the relationships he had?

I truly appreciate your insight

Gary

Gary,

His old friends were his JM/WAVE buddies. I don't pretend to know the details of Robertson's politics but it has been explained to me (no documented proof) that Robertson did not agree with what happened at the Ambassador and said so.

This created some tension between him and in my opinion, the people who were responsible for RFK's murder.

Robertson died a few years later so that potential piece of intrigue ended.

Let me stress, this is unsubstantiated and should be treated as a curiosity only. I raised the point as I feel it lends another layer of texture and perspective.

FWIW.

James

FWIW.

James

James, where did this piece come from?

Didn't Ayers say that one of Robertson's men was a deadly sniper?

Didn't Hemming submit that Izquierdo was in the Dal-Tex Building?

Besides Orozco and Izquierdo, do we now the names of any other members of Robertson's merry gang of mischief-makers?

Do we know what they looked like, and where they were on November 22. 1963?

Pat

P.S. If Robertson was really 6'2" then he's probably not the guy in the Altgens photo. Did he have a shorter twin?

Edited by Pat Speer

If Robertson was involved in Dallas (there to be with his boys, so to speak), it's odd that he would strongly object to the job on RFK, given that RFK was going to have the JFK case reopened, which I assume is why they killed him.

If Robertson was involved in Dallas (there to be with his boys, so to speak), it's odd that he would strongly object to the job on RFK, given that RFK was going to have the JFK case reopened, which I assume is why they killed him.

Ron, this is pure speculation, of course, but perhaps Robertson rationalized killing JFK because--in his mind--JFK chickened out at the Bay of Pigs and was opening a back channel to Cuba, and was therefore "weak" on communism and a threat to the nation's security. Killing RFK, on the other hand, was just for self-protection. Maybe Robertson was high-minded about such things. Many zealots are.

FWIW.

James

James, where did this piece come from?

Didn't Ayers say that one of Robertson's men was a deadly sniper?

Didn't Hemming submit that Izquierdo was in the Dal-Tex Building?

Besides Orozco and Izquierdo, do we now the names of any other members of Robertson's merry gang of mischief-makers?

Do we know what they looked like, and where they were on November 22. 1963?

Pat

P.S. If Robertson was really 6'2" then he's probably not the guy in the Altgens photo. Did he have a shorter twin?

Pat,

To be honest, I can't remember where that piece came from as my filing system is an embarrassment. Ramparts Magazine maybe. I will keep looking.

I believe Ayers referred to a Cuban exile named Julio at the Rosselli run Point Mary camp as the sniper. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that was actually Felix Rodriguez.

Yes, GPH puts Izquierdo in the Dal-Tex as do I. I have the names of the guys who crewed with Robertson, some are alive and some have passed away. Publishing them here may not be the best course of action.

I have posted photographs of Izquierdo on the forum in the past. I do have images of the other guys but for now feel the flow of information would be benefited by not making them public.

No official record exists I believe that puts any of these guys in any specific location. They were however being moved around in the weeks leading up to the assassination as were most of the Agency's assets. I submit it was during this movement of personnel that individuals were splintered off for participation in Dealey Plaza. Not all being Cuban exiles.

James

• 2 years later...