The Education Forum

For John Dolva

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John:

I believe you mentioned a railing......is this, across the road, to the left of the tree what you

refer to, if so, is it not the truck pipe exhaust attached to such..sticking up ??

If that is what you mention? and the line to the left of that would be the truck roof.....??

Here is the full Cancellare..

B..

Berice, once more, thank you.

The upright is a street sign on the middle of the Plaza, the horizontal line next to it is the top surface (sunlit) of the steps landing between series of steps leading to the southern collonade.

The rail in question is a diagonal line in the shadows to the right of this. I'll find it and post later. It's roundabout where the 'two objects' arrow points at. There are better resolution copies that show it as a straight line with shadows on the underside as one would expect a handrail to be like. However, various photos since, posted by Robin, one contemporary, shows there was no hand rail.

It's apparent existence did get Tosh into some disrepute and it's only recently now that imagery has come to light to show his statement of there being no handrail there shows he was right all along about this. So, I think he deserves a reappraisal. This is important in relation to him being an ear-eye witness.

These things are for me an example of skepticism is good, but change of mind or shift in position, in the light of definitives go hand in hand. The full cancellare is still only low res and inconclusive, the best copies has the relevant areas cropped off.

I am absolutely certain full res. uncropped Cancellare exists and should be made available to the research community.

Thank you John:

That information is not new that there was no handrail, that point was researched and brought forth several years ago..

that I did know about.

I also recall Gary added his comment that was correct, at the time....no handrail ever existed..... that is a given.

I must have not been aware at the time of that discussion took place here, or would have added

my two cents..

There are many photos, we shall never have access to, imo, many have destroyed, frames cut, altered even if they were only

cropped...still altered......as well imo there are many still being hidden from us, and others that should be accessible

are not. They are held privately or as at the 6th Floor Museum, and that is all very well and good, for anyone who

just happens to live in the area, to just drop on over and they will be shown to you....

That is an impossibilty for 99% of the people....so I have thought and will continue to, that they should be released

on the web..or by mail ..?..perhaps for a reasonable fee, a copy, any who have held or continue to hold them back, and or information

are imo contributing not to the discovery of the truth but to stalemate all....which is what they have done for many years...

Carry on ..

B....

Hi Robin:

Thanks for the photos.....I recall also that Rich at jfkresearch had a great photo resource for all available free for many years..

Many of these now that we see did come from there..he has now been busy enablng his photos again..with his illnesses

and all, they were not for about the past 3 years...Jack White has made so much available to us, and if Jack did

not have whatever, he knew who did and could...and did.....He imo deserves so much of the credit for

so very much of all that is now within alls grasp...not just the photos from the assn, but also the people

involved, the likes of David Lifton who eventually enabled us, along with such as Dr. Fetzer with Dr.Mantick, to have and see the autopsy and xray

photos...and Rich posted them all..as well as so much more..like the documents....and they were available to all free of charge, at the time for

many years..so they have been available and made the rounds for quite some time....

As well as the others of the membership that continually added theirs to the resources, and shared with all....by scanning from books and emailing,

and posting and so on....and giving credit where credit was due....much of that also seems to have gone by the wayside imo....so I thought I would

add a few words to yours...

......so many of the newer members now do not know of the past......and how all came eventually came about...

The Lancer F also at one time had photo resources available....all was shared...and appreciated..there was much available, and all

participated..

The Dr.Costella studies of the Zapruder frames, now some may not agree with his findings, but that was the first

time ever that all the frames were contained in one study one link for all to obtain.....

Others way back became available through Harold Weisberg, Sprague and others of their time...that were amongst the first

photo researchers...as well as Jack.....and others I realise I am forgetting..

Today so much more is so available for all.......But there are still restrictions, which imo must end..

The # 2 added south side full was taken either the Sat or the Sun after the assn, is I believe either came from Jerry Dealey or perhaps yourself,

thankyou to whomever..the other # 1is a blow up from the Cancellare south taken that day..from ??..perhaps these are what John was referring to ??

B....

Edited by Bernice Moore

Hi Bernice.

Yes that top south side scan was one of mine, the other Cancellare photo i have NEVER seen before.

Thanks very much for posting it, the pick up in that image looks very much like the one in Cancellare 1

Brenice.

I still only consider myself a new kid on the block compared to people like yourself, Rich, and Jack. :rolleyes:

QUOTE:

as well imo there are many still being hidden from us, and others that should be accessible

are not. They are held privately or as at the 6th Floor Museum, and that is all very well and good, for anyone who

just happens to live in the area, to just drop on over and they will be shown to you....

That is an impossibilty for 99% of the people.

Bernice.

I could not agree more, every time i purchase an image from Corbis it costs me $159.00 Australian.

So far i have purchased about 8 of them.

Meanwhile people like Gary and the sixth floor museum sit on there stash of photo's and i get more frustrated about that as time goes on.

Example: try to find a good copy of any Skaggs photo's online.

you wont, because the sixth floor museum is holding them all back.

OK THAT IS MY LITTLE DUMMY SPIT.

Now i will sit back and wait for Gary Mack's email to arrive. :tomatoes

Edited by Robin Unger

Hi Bernice.

Yes that top south side scan was one of mine, the other Cancellare photo i have NEVER seen before.

Thanks very much for posting it, the pick up in that image looks very much like the one in Cancellare 1

Brenice.

I still only consider myself a new kid on the block compared to people like yourself, Rich, and Jack. :rolleyes:

QUOTE:

as well imo there are many still being hidden from us, and others that should be accessible

Bernice.

I could not agree more, every time i purchase an image from Corbis it costs me $159.00 Australian.

Meanwhile people like Gary and the sixth floor museum sit on there stash of photo's and i get more frustrated about that as time goes on.

Admission to 6th Floor Museum:

Adult $10.00 US

Senior (ages 65+) $9.00 US

Youth (ages 6-18) $9.00 US

Children (ages 0-5) FREE

With Audio Tour:

Adult $13.50 US

Senior (ages 65+) $12.50 US

Youth (ages 6-18) $12.50 US

Children (ages 0-5) $3.50 US

Q: What is the annual attendance at Museum?

The Sixth Floor Museum averages over 450,000 visitors annually.

$10 X 450,000 = $4,500,000 = $4,500,000

Then there are the proceeds from the Museum Store, where valuable T-shirts are sold to researchers.

Q: Who initiated this project?

The citizens of Dallas County purchased the former school book depository in 1977, effectively protecting it from commercial exploitation. In 1979, the National Endowment for the Humanities funded a study panel. It recommended a plan to create a major cultural exhibition on the building's sixth floor.

Q: Why must the Museum charge admission?

The Museum is a non-profit organization and receives no governmental funding for operating expenses.

Non-profit would mean tax exempt.

Q: Why is there security?

The Museum deals with sensitive subject matter and has an international profile, which requires this type of security.

Q: Why is photography not allowed in the Museum?

The atmosphere in the Museum is one of respect and remembrance. Photography would disrupt the visitors to the Museum.

:huh:"international profile"? Has the Department of Home Land Security placed The 6th Floor Museum on a terrorist attack high profile list? "sensitive subject matter"? Is there an unknowable secret up there? Yikes!

Hi Miles.

Original full size image on my website as downloaded from Corbis.

train_tracks.jpg

Hey, Robin,

Seen this photo below anywhere? :lol:

train_tracks2.jpg

This crop below seems to show the difficulty of swift movement down along the picket fence, close to the fence (with rifle in hand). The cars are blocking passage down that route. Therefore, a Hoffman sniper would have had to have proceeded down a path which would have run parallel to the fence at about one car length distance from the fence. Thus, he is exposed & in grave danger as he heads toward the steam pipe for the toss. Plus, where does he go after the toss? If he heads back toward the pergola, as Ed asserts, then he is nabbed. Where does he go? :huh: [Corbis rules.]

train_tracks3.jpg

Here's a distance measurement (below) on Ed Hoffman's view of the sniper behind the picket fence.

Bernice, et al., is the point to point about correct? If so, the distance is 242.21 yards or 726.63 feet.

HoffView.jpg

:huh:

Hi Bernice.

Brenice.

I still only consider myself a new kid on the block compared to people like yourself, Rich, and Jack. :lol:

QUOTE:

Bernice.

Admission to 6th Floor Museum:

Adult $10.00 US

Senior (ages 65+) $9.00 US

Youth (ages 6-18) $9.00 US

Children (ages 0-5) FREE

With Audio Tour:

Adult $13.50 US

Senior (ages 65+) $12.50 US

Youth (ages 6-18) $12.50 US

Children (ages 0-5) $3.50 US

Q: What is the annual attendance at Museum?

The Sixth Floor Museum averages over 450,000 visitors annually.

$10 X 450,000 = $4,500,000 = $4,500,000

Then there are the proceeds from the Museum Store, where valuable T-shirts are sold to researchers.

Q: Who initiated this project?

The citizens of Dallas County purchased the former school book depository in 1977, effectively protecting it from commercial exploitation. In 1979, the National Endowment for the Humanities funded a study panel. It recommended a plan to create a major cultural exhibition on the building's sixth floor.

Q: Why must the Museum charge admission?

The Museum is a non-profit organization and receives no governmental funding for operating expenses.

Non-profit would mean tax exempt.

Q: Why is there security?

The Museum deals with sensitive subject matter and has an international profile, which requires this type of security.

Q: Why is photography not allowed in the Museum?

The atmosphere in the Museum is one of respect and remembrance. Photography would disrupt the visitors to the Museum.

:huh:"international profile"? Has the Department of Home Land Security placed The 6th Floor Museum on a terrorist attack high profile list? "sensitive subject matter"? Is there an unknowable secret up there? Yikes!

Hello everyone,

Let me start off with how much I respect all of you --Bernice, Robin, Miles,(you folks are great!!!) I understand your frustration,but I can't let this go----

It always has to be about Gary and the 6th floor, with regard to what books are carried, or what mementos one can purchase, etc. Now he is responsible for how much of the photography can be released to the public. (C'mon, now!)

Miles( per your photography in the Museum part of the post)Correct me if I am wrong, but don't repeated photographs of things tend to injure them(as in documents, photos.etc?)

I don't know about the International profile thing, Miles, but there are items up there that are one of a kind and these must be protected.

Gary,I believe, many times is used as the scapegoat for all the maladies inflicted upon the research community.

Kathy

Robin, Bet I get it worse than you----> :tomatoes

Hi Robin,

If that's the case........Hey your doing great kid.... :rolleyes: I have be able to have the advantage to have learned under some of the

best, I only wish I had the ability to retain all I have had the privilege to read, see. and do I wish I could have saved it all.......but..not.

$159.00 per copy from Corbis, exactly, that should be unheard of...exasperating to the point of why we say what we do, and besides

than putting one heck of a dent in your piggy bank..sheesh...

and whom we hold responsible for the retaining of the many......and we all know whom that is..delete any unwanted emails.. :huh:

imo.......

Hi Kathy:

IMO....

I think there are many things you do not understand..or know...perhaps because as you have said in the past youself, you are relativiely new

to all this......

Gary is the Man, whom the photos and films have been and are handed into to, that is a part of his job...he has access to them he handles them,

he hoards them imo......He and his boss., bosses?..A few years back, the Museum ran ads in the Dallas newspapers asking for any copies of films

photos whatever that people had found, retained whatever, be handed in to be donated to the Museum and thereby they could be cared for...They

left out one word, and shared.....and they have not...

IMO, it was also so that they could be in possession of such and anything pertaining to information

that may point a finger at within those photographs, films whatever possibley in any way , that may show another shooter or such, or any ifnormation leading to,

they asked for them imo so that they could be held out of the publics

eye....and they have been witheld, a few have been released and a couple of films after they have been updated and processed , to their liking.

How do we know they did or did not show such, and we never will.....as we have no access to them and if so how many have been cropped, and or blurred

whatever, do I sound as if I do not trust them, no I do not..now...

If Gary wished, there are many that could be released to all, as in the past he has made copies of photos available to those he wishes...

as well as information, BUT Not to all....and no they do not share, they may once in awhile bless us with one, but they sit on them...

with their neat little hoard..also some within the Dallas area have and do the same, such as they have done their own research and studies but do,

they share no...they also hoard it,when contacted you may get a pleasant reply,sometimes, then the brick wall goes up.....been there done that.....and run into it.

It is controlled, see ??

Now if anyone did want to help in the solving of the assassination of the President they would be willing to share with all, even if say that

person is your least favorite,on a F,wherever, no matter that is beside the point, you help by passing on whatever you may have...for the good of all..that

the 6Th Floor does not do and never has..I have been around this bush for years now, it never gets any better, with time it has only gotten

worse.....and led many to simply drop out, others become exasperated to the point of leaving the web, and doing their own thing off the Fs..we

have lost many that way....

Kathy, imo have much research to do re Gary and the 6Th Floor Museum on the web, before you will be able to get the full picture and the back ground

knowledge of what has been going on for many years.......Does it always have to be about Gary and the 6Th Floor, I wish not but....he, they have

created this, by their own doing.....they hold the Zapruder film also which they will not release to the researchers, come on do we want this

solved or not..the questions answered...I do.......but apparently they do not, if they did they would have as well released such as the Skaggs copies , Robin

has mentioned, that I believe they retain.....and anything else that would help....but....

Does he hold all this back, on his own?, I doubt it, he has a boss, bosses ?? so now the bottom line question becomes who does he really work for ??

That they will not release these films, photos and information......

certainly they are not in favor of the researchers...or a solution..... they are not amongst those wanting this to be solved so we can all go home and perhaps

pick up on other interests we left behind years ago..before we pack it in...This research whatever area you get into is time consuming, and very expensive

....there are other things in the world perhaps some of us would like to explore while we still can, but we cannot let this go......under no circumstances

it has become a part of our being...we need the truth...all of it, not parts...

Have you ever wondered the why it always gets around to them well this is just a wee tip of the ice-berg of the information, they and their likes, some of

the rest which is and has been signifigant over the many years has to do with also Groden and Trask, who also have retained many of the photos and the films.....but they work along side with Gary and do work together.

Now go figure....

Kathy Quote: ""It always has to be about Gary and the 6th floor, with regard to what books are carried, or what mementos one can purchase, etc. Now he is responsible for how much of the photography can be released to the public. (C'mon, now!)""

They have ....Much, much, much, much..........Instead of asking us why it has to be about Gary and the 6th Floor, I would think you would have been very curious to find that out for yourself, by now....and

be joining the researchers and those who are trying to get to the bottom of the conspiracy... in the fight for the release of these photos, docs, films and whatever they do have, which is more than ample, to help in the fight...these many years......as for books......why does he recommend such as Posner's "Case Closed" for sale in the book store, but will not do the

same for Weisberg's "Case Open" the other side, the conspiracy side, why does he not recommend such as all of Harold Weisberg's books, be sold, that are available

from Horn College and not out of print, which is also what he enjoys saying..at times..about some of the books..He once said it was because they were not the kind of books that were accepted in the education system, and taught from, words to that effect, not

verbatim....well he was very wrong..very....Harold's books have been taught as courses at Horn College, therefore they were

ascceptable to the educational system..........but they were not acceptable to him because he did not accept them or on orders ?? who knows..?....and or as he has said they write of the conspiracy....

There are a great many other books also not sold that he does not and has not recommended.....He will say well we have sold a few at times, well whoopee....I am asking for the other side to be sold a free and open society where all and anyone is able to by both sides of the picture, not just the Governments false findings in the W/C. and books that back that up......I understand that it would be impossible to sell all, but some of the more important ,yes to give a fair opportunity to the people.

Will he sell David Talbots, "Brothers" perhaps if it is a best seller and the public will demand it...perhaps??

Will he recommend the new Bugliosi book, be sold, you betcha, front and centre, why because the Bug states that it proves the W/C got it right, and LHO was the lone assassin, as Lordy, they can't change their minds now, they have to protect the institutions of the Gov. and by saying they did not get it correct would be saying, do not support, nor believe in your Gov.they lied to you, and they cannot have that.....and right now they need all the support they can muster in the sanctity of such and the Bush W/H...

Gary double speaks, he says on one hand that he thinks there might have been a conspiracyy but on the other hand, he actions prove louder than words.??

Just my 2 long cents....but do some searching especially in some of the older threads on this F, and see for yourself what is available out there and perhaps you will find there is a lot more to all this than just, as you say.."It always has to be about Gary and the 6th Floor": find out some of the the whys..of all...

With respect.........B

P.S Miles"

Maaaaarvelous....

Edited by Bernice Moore

John:

I believe you mentioned a railing......is this, across the road, to the left of the tree what you

refer to, if so, is it not the truck pipe exhaust attached to such..sticking up ??

If that is what you mention? and the line to the left of that would be the truck roof.....??

Here is the full Cancellare..

B..

Thanks for all the input, this is becoming a very good thread.

Lots of co-operation from everyone concerned.

I tried to purchase this image below from Corbis in the same LARGE resolution as the original pic i posted.

Unfortunately they did not have the image in that size resolution.

Bummer :tomatoes

Robin, your generosity in this is, I don't know what to say, humbling, admirable etc. The maintenance of your website* and its value as a resource is great. It makes me wonder whether somehow a fund of some sort could be established, perhaps a trust administered by Lancer, which could provide funds to approved people to purchase, when there is no other way available, imagery and films so that they could then become freely available to exeryone.

* http://www.geocities.com/quaneeri2/

I have been in Email contact with Corbis today regarding a "high resolution" copy of the image above.

I am very pleased to be able to present it here for the first time in this resolution.

The image has now been uploaded to my website, so that future Researcher's may have access to it.

Enjoy.

plaza_large.jpg

My Website:

http://www.geocities.com/quaneeri2/

Edited by Robin Unger

Image half size and lightened.

10749.jpg

Thx Robin,

Just wondering what this possible X mark (?), to the left of & in line with the red line, is.

UngerDPXcrop2.jpg

UngerDPXcrop3.jpg

Possibly the Z-313 point? Correct locus point? As seen here (red circle):

ElmX4circle.jpg

Edited by Miles Scull

Robin, your generosity in this is, I don't know what to say, humbling, admirable etc. The maintenance of your website* and its value as a resource is great.

Hear, hear!

Robin,

This thread is a testament to your help to the forum.

Buck up, "You will take with you the satisfaction that proceeds from a consciousness of duty faithfully performed."

In the spirit of photos speak a thousand words, here's a cheering haha image of you attacking this Trojan: :(

tigerDM2805_468x472.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kathy:

IMO....

I think there are many things you do not understand..or know...perhaps because as you have said in the past youself, you are relativiely new

to all this......

I am curious as to where you got your information ... let me share some of what I know first hand.
Gary is the Man, whom the photos and films have been and are handed into to, that is a part of his job...he has access to them he handles them,

he hoards them imo......He and his boss., bosses?..A few years back, the Museum ran ads in the Dallas newspapers asking for any copies of films

photos whatever that people had found, retained whatever, be handed in to be donated to the Museum and thereby they could be cared for...They

left out one word, and shared.....and they have not...

The museum is just that ...

"A building, place, or institution devoted to the acquisition, conservation, study, exhibition, and educational interpretation of objects having scientific, historical, or artistic value."

The Museum doesn't own the copyrights to so many things stored there despite what some people recklessly claim. There are steps however, to get reproductions of the assassination images through the proper channels and the Museum does not keep those steps a secret. To better preserve these historical images, the Museum has painstakingly created high resolution scans for people to see. Allowing the general public to just waltz in off the street and handles thsese original prints would be reckless and show extreme incompetence on the part of the Museum to be qualified to preserve the materials that have been entrusted to them.

To view the many images stored with the Museum ... all one has to do is call and make an appointment with Gary Mack so they can go there and look over their large data base of assassination films and photographs. I know this much is true because this is how went about it when I was allowed to do it.

IMO, it was also so that they could be in possession of such and anything pertaining to information

that may point a finger at within those photographs, films whatever possibley in any way , that may show another shooter or such, or any ifnormation leading to,

they asked for them imo so that they could be held out of the publics

eye....and they have been witheld, a few have been released and a couple of films after they have been updated and processed , to their liking.

How do we know they did or did not show such, and we never will.....as we have no access to them and if so how many have been cropped, and or blurred

whatever, do I sound as if I do not trust them, no I do not..now...

This is nonsense. Please post any correspondence whereas you have been told by the Museum that the assassination images will be withheld depsite your going through the proper channels to view them or receive reproductions of them.

If Gary wished, there are many that could be released to all, as in the past he has made copies of photos available to those he wishes...

as well as information, BUT Not to all....and no they do not share, they may once in awhile bless us with one, but they sit on them...

with their neat little hoard..also some within the Dallas area have and do the same, such as they have done their own research and studies but do,

they share no...they also hoard it,when contacted you may get a pleasant reply,sometimes, then the brick wall goes up.....been there done that.....and run into it.

It is controlled, see ??

The above statement is false and without fact. Please detail your experience so that we can see if you did in fact follow the procedures for obtaining and/or viewing assassination images.

Now if anyone did want to help in the solving of the assassination of the President they would be willing to share with all, even if say that

person is your least favorite,on a F,wherever, no matter that is beside the point, you help by passing on whatever you may have...for the good of all..that

the 6Th Floor does not do and never has..I have been around this bush for years now, it never gets any better, with time it has only gotten

worse.....and led many to simply drop out, others become exasperated to the point of leaving the web, and doing their own thing off the Fs..we

have lost many that way....

Your information is so twisted that I can only be thankful that the Museum doesn't turn over valuable artifacts to people like yourself. This is why certain criteria has to be met to obtain such materials.
Kathy, imo have much research to do re Gary and the 6Th Floor Museum on the web, before you will be able to get the full picture and the back ground

knowledge of what has been going on for many years.......Does it always have to be about Gary and the 6Th Floor, I wish not but....he, they have

created this, by their own doing.....they hold the Zapruder film also which they will not release to the researchers, come on do we want this

solved or not..the questions answered...I do.......but apparently they do not, if they did they would have as well released such as the Skaggs copies , Robin

has mentioned, that I believe they retain.....and anything else that would help....but....

"They hold the Zapruder film" ... ??? That is a load of crap! Copies of the Zapruder film can be obtained as I recall.

Does he hold all this back, on his own?, I doubt it, he has a boss, bosses ?? so now the bottom line question becomes who does he really work for ??

That they will not release these films, photos and information......

certainly they are not in favor of the researchers...or a solution..... they are not amongst those wanting this to be solved so we can all go home and perhaps

pick up on other interests we left behind years ago..before we pack it in...This research whatever area you get into is time consuming, and very expensive

....there are other things in the world perhaps some of us would like to explore while we still can, but we cannot let this go......under no circumstances

it has become a part of our being...we need the truth...all of it, not parts...

The above comments are incorrect. Propaganda is not a substitute for truth. If you have spent all this time getting stonewalled by the Museum, then you should be able to show how it was documented - please post what you have.
Gary double speaks, he says on one hand that he thinks there might have been a conspiracyy but on the other hand, he actions prove louder than words.??

Gary Mack's opinions are his own and his job as an archivist of historical records is something totally different. One must understand the simple differences before believing they can undertake the vast amount of data that makes up the JFK assassination.

Bill Miller

'Bill Miller' wrote:

(...)

"They hold the Zapruder film" ... ??? That is a load of crap! Copies of the Zapruder film can be obtained as I recall.

dgh: of course one can... MPI has a altered version for our viewing pleasure, since 1998 in fact.... The 6th Floor Museum has in its posession, today one of the 3 original Jamison 1st day Zapruder film dupes. Assigned by The Zapruder trust to the care of the 6th Floor Museum (amongst many other LIFE-JFK/Zapruder film artifacts).

(...)

Gary Mack's opinions are his own and his job as an archivist of historical records is something totally different. One must understand the simple differences before believing they can undertake the vast amount of data that makes up the JFK assassination.

dgh: doesn't wash, Bill. Not 7 years ago, not today!

Bill Miller

I can only speak from first hand experience of making an appointment and being allowed to look through the vast archive of scanned assassination images, getting details on how to apply for the use of films and photos, and inquiring as to who makes the decisions there at the Museum. You all can call a rock a tree (so to speak) but its really not what you say it is. Some of you like to make excuses for your own lack of research into the topics you discuss and that didn't wash 7 years ago, today, nor will it wash 7 years from now.

Bill

Edited by Bill Miller

I can only speak from first hand experience of making an appointment and being allowed to look through the vast archive of scanned assassination images, getting details on how to apply for the use of films and photos, and inquiring as to who makes the decisions there at the Museum. You all can call a rock a tree (so to speak) but its really not what you say it is. Some of you like to make excuses for your own lack of research into the topics you discuss and that didn't wash 7 years ago, today, nor will it wash 7 years from now.

Bill

and inquiring as to who makes the decisions there at the Museum.

That's useful to know. Who does make the decisions? Gary?