The Education Forum

What other JFK assassination books are forthcoming?

Following Larry Hancock's SOMEONE WOULD HAVE TALKED and Talbot's BROTHERS, does anyone know of any other forthcoming (and worthwhile) books about the JFK assassination in the works that we can look forward to? The only one even vaguely related to the interests on this board that I know about is John Kelin's PRAISE FROM A FUTURE GENERATION, (listed on Jim DiEugenio's Probe website), which apparently sheds light on the early efforts of Sylvia Meagher, Mark Lane and others. Do any of the heavy-hitters on this board have books in the works? Are any other scholars out there hard at work on new volumes that will help our efforts?

One personal favourite of mine from the past year or two was Gerald McKnight's BREACH OF TRUST. Large-format, heavily researched, hard to refute and very effective at pummeling the Warren Commission with the latest and greatest evidence. Is anyone aware of any other good books on the horizon?

One personal favourite of mine from the past year or two was Gerald McKnight's BREACH OF TRUST. Large-format, heavily researched, hard to refute and very effective at pummeling the Warren Commission with the latest and greatest evidence. Is anyone aware of any other good books on the horizon?

I completely agree with you. McKnight's book was very effective.

In 2005, In The Eye of History by William Matson Law was published. The author's interviews with Dennis David, Paul O'Connor, James Jenkins, Jerrol Custer, James Sibert, Harold Rydberg, and Saundra Spencer demonstrated how important it is to get surviving witnesses on record before they pass into the recesses of history.

David Lifton's long-awaited book on Lee Oswald is due out any day now......

Just kidding.

A very good book that got very little publicity was Michael L. Kurtz's The JFK Assassination Debates (2006). Kurtz is professor of history at Southeastern Louisiana University. He examines the evidence as a historian and comes to the conclusion that there was a conspiracy to kill JFK. Highly recommended.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JFK-Assassination-...TF8&s=books

post-7-1180590529_thumb.jpg

Good Day Anthony.... (from an early 2007 NG post)

Paris Flammonde was a journalist with good connections to the Garrison investigation, and published the first book on the subject, The Kennedy Conspiracy, in 1969. Now he has put together new material from that period (including his own photos of Ferrie's apartment, etc.), and materials he has gathered since that time, in a three-volume epic, “The Assassination of America: The Kennedy Coups d'Etat“… which may also be titled, “An Encyclopedic Narrative and Historical and Personal Perspective on The Kennedy Coup d'État”

Book One: “The Deaths in Dallas” (includes six pages on Judyth Baker, rare unpublished photos of J.D. Tippit, three of his autopsy photos, and an assortment of Robert Cutler's Dealey Plaza charts)

Book Two: “The Masques of New Orleans” (includes Flammonde's photos of Ferrie's apartment, Ferrie's college yearbook photo, assorted Ferrie documents, two photos of Ferrie as he was found the morning of his death)

Book Three: “Barren Harvest” (includes a photo album of CIA people, a photo album and bios of critics, lists of names by category, and other useful references) The volumes are well-illustrated and total 1428 pages.

Longtime Dallas newspaper reporter Earl Golz is said to be working on finishing a book, also

Barr McClellan stated a few years ago that he was already working on a followup to his 2003, "Blood, Money, and Power" (LBJ, cronies, & contacts "did it")

Best Regards in Research,

Don

Don Roberdeau

U.S.S. John F. Kennedy, CV-67 "Big John" Plank Walker

Sooner, or later, The Truth emerges Clearly

ROSEMARY WILLIS 2nd Headsnap; Westward, Ultrafast, & Towards the "Grassy Knoll"

Dealey Plaza Professionally-surveyed Map Detailing Victims precise locations, Witnesses, Photographers, Suspected bullet trajectories, Evidence, & Important considerations

4 Principles

T ogether

E veryone

A chieves

M ore

TEAMWORK.gif

For the United States

DHS3elevatedYELLOW.gif

"What we do for ourselves, remains with us.

What we do for others, remains, and is, immortal."

---- ALBERT PINES

"It is better to light one candle, than to curse the darkness."

---- Chinese proverb

Edited by Don Roberdeau

Philip Kaiser died earlier this week. He was JFK's ambassador to Senegal. We now know that JFK used ambassadors who shared his political views to carry out secret negotiations with the Soviets and Cubans. William P. Mahoney, was JFK's ambassador to Ghana. He was a major source for Richard D. Mahoney's Brothers, The days of Jack and Bobby Kennedy (1999). One of the best books I have read about the assassination. Then we have William Attwood JFK's ambassador to Guinea. He carried out the secret negotiations with Cuba in 1963.

I am not sure if Philip Kaiser ever talked about the assassination. However, I do know that his son, David Kaiser, is currently writing a book about the assassination of JFK.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/obituaries/story...2091569,00.html

And what about Doug Horne?

After that broadside from Bella Lagosie, and Horne's return fire, we should be expecting Doug's book to be published soon.

Does Horne's book have a name, publisher and publishing date?

David Talbot signed off one note: "Back to the Media Wars," and that indeed is what it has become, Psychological Media Warfare.

The way I see it at this time, David Talbot seems to be holding the high ground but can't hold out alone forever, and he needs some media support, and if Horne's calvary doesn't arrive soon, somebody else - another heavyweight, will have to chip in.

Vinney the Bug has already got his heavy calvary - Mallon, McMillan, Holland and Company in motion, shoring up his flanks and surrounding Talbot from three sides.

Rex B. s collecting ammunition and gathering reinforcements to respond to Bugliosi, but CT heavy artillary remains unengaged. The UK contingent is sympathetic but gun shy about full committment to any Yank cause, and remains an unknown strength.

Sporatic fighting is breaking out on different media fronts, the noise level is spiking and increasing in volume and will soon be impossible for mainstream to ignore any longer, and once engaged, a looming battle appears just over the horizion.

There's more than just two forces at work here, many still unknown variables, and it's too soon to place bets, but we better figure out who else is playing the game.

Besides Lifton, Doug Horne and the fellow JS mentions, does anyone know of any major book/film or TV project underway, mainstream or independent?

That's my view from the Point -

Many thanks, BK

BK,

Your bellicose terminology is utterly in keeping with the fact that I attempt to hammer home whenever I address conferences and publish JFK-related essays:

We are at war with the killers of John Fitzgerald Kennedy.

Charles

I agree with Anthony Thorne's comments on McKnight's Breach of Trust.

I think this is the ideal first book to air strike, I mean introduce the subject with for a new and/or somewhat skeptical reader. The reason is that it confines itselft to UTTERLY DEMOLISHING the Warren Commission. By limiting itself to that goal it is especially effective in convincing novices that the government lied about the assassination of a president. This is the fundemental psychological barrier that has to zeroed in on first. Once the WC has been blown out of the watter as McKnight's book certainly does, other questions will naturally lead the newbie into other texts.

Although it is complex because of the way it integrates old and very new material, I would recommend Larry's book, Someone Would Have Talked next because of how clearly its written, and because the bulleted summaries at the end of each chapter help the relative novice in sorting out the Varieties of Right Wing Cuban Experience. ( I know some people for whom this has been confusing at times.)

Edited by Nathaniel Heidenheimer

And what about Doug Horne?

After that broadside from Bella Lagosie, and Horne's return fire, we should be expecting Doug's book to be published soon.

Does Horne's book have a name, publisher and publishing date?

Message from Doug Horne: "I might not finish the manuscript for about a year. No publisher yet."

Guest Mark Valenti

I'm currently reading Bobby and J. Edgar: The Historic Face-Off Between the Kennedys and J. Edgar Hoover That Transformed America by Burton Hersh.

It's full of in-your-face attitude and uncensored opinions, and there's a substantial portion devoted to the JFK killing -- but I've only just begun reading and I don't know which approach he takes.

Came across some glaring typos. Doesn't anybody edit books any more?

For what seems like forever it has been rumored that David Lifton was working on a book about the life of Lee Oswald.

In his most recent interview with Len Osanic at Black Op Radio, (Thank you Gil Jesus) Lifton remarks that the evidence of body alteration remains the "hub of the case" and that Cuba, Mexico City, and the life of Oswald are spokes emanating from that hub.

Near the very end of the interview, Lifton allows that the completion of his book is "not too far off and I'm sorry it's not done" and that there have been "all kinds of wonderful [new] developments." He mentions that he "has had his own series of problems and issues" in completing his work.

Lifton says that:

"The architecture of this plot is based on an altered body which links a phony sniper's nest with the shooting which took place in the street below. And if people can't psychologically accept that, then what can you do? I can't even communicate with them. But that's where I do my work; in that area."

Lifton gives the impression that his new book will revisit and focus on the medical evidence more than it will the life of Oswald.