The Education Forum

Oswald's destination at 1 p.m. 11/22/1963

Where was Oswald supposedly going to, leaving from 1026 North Beckley Ave. on 11/22/1963 at 1 p.m.?

If he was indeed at the Tippit scene at roughly 1:10-1:15 p.m. and having left from 1026 N. Beckley, where was he going? At about 4.5 miles from the Beckley address is 3128 Harlandale Ave, which is in the same general direction towards which he was headed to. The Texas theater at 231 W. Jefferson Blvd. is not his likely originial destination, if he was at or around the 400 block of E. 10th Street (it was out of his way in this case). He was roughly one third of the way to 3128 Harlandale Ave...

jack Ruby's apartment was located at 323 South, Ewing, which would have also been in the same general direction Oswald's was heading for, at only 1.8-2.0 miles from Beckley. He almost made it there... if that's where he was headed.

Any ideas where he was going?

I couldn't locate another thread with the same discussion, so I started a new one. If an old one exists I can merge threads or add this as a new post to the old thread and clean this one up.

Edited by Antti Hynonen

Any ideas?

Pure speculation:

He was going to the 'safe house' that Tippit was in the process of parking next to or maneuvering to reverse into ots driveway, where Harry Olsen was waiting?

Nothing to support this speculation except that Tippit by some accounts was known to visit that house, ie perhaps it was a DPD 'safe house' that those 'in the know' utilised, and that Harry was guarding a dilapidated house in the area (the house appears to be partly askew and in need of repair). Something went wrong as far as Oswald is concerned and he set off to the shoe shop where he received further instructions and then off to the theatre.

(Is it AT ALL possible, in any way, that the Dicta Belt captured the Tippit shooting? In the best photo of the tenth and patton house showing the driveway to the alley beyond it there is a borderline image of the front of a MC, and in one of the side windows partly open a possible (borerline) image of a helmeted, sunlass wearing person. Other photo's show that there were as many as at least three MC's at the scene. By some accounts there was a MC officer unaccounted for for some time after DP shootings.)

John Dolva Posted Yesterday, 12:52 PM

Any ideas?

Pure speculation:

He was going to the 'safe house' that Tippit was in the process of parking next to or maneuvering to reverse into ots driveway, where Harry Olsen was waiting?

Nothing to support this speculation except that Tippit by some accounts was known to visit that house, ie perhaps it was a DPD 'safe house' that those 'in the know' utilised, and that Harry was guarding a dilapidated house in the area (the house appears to be partly askew and in need of repair). Something went wrong as far as Oswald is concerned and he set off to the shoe shop where he received further instructions and then off to the theatre.

(Is it AT ALL possible, in any way, that the Dicta Belt captured the Tippit shooting? In the best photo of the tenth and patton house showing the driveway to the alley beyond it there is a borderline image of the front of a MC, and in one of the side windows partly open a possible (borerline) image of a helmeted, sunlass wearing person. Other photo's show that there were as many as at least three MC's at the scene. By some accounts there was a MC officer unaccounted for for some time after DP shootings.)

John, thanks for your thoughts. Much appreciated. I'm pretty confident that Lee walked a lot, from one place to another, since he didn't drive. However, the 4.5 mile distance to Harlandale Avenue is a bit of a stretch, I think it would take him at least an hour.

I think Lee walking South, South-East from North Beckley was not just a random direction. What makes it a little odd is that he was last seen walking West on 10th Street, was he not? This is a bit odd because prior to this he must have been walking South, South-East for well over a mile. Why change directions? I wonder if he had spotted Tippit in his cop car a moment earlier and had reacted to that somehow?

Perhaps Tippit had seen him then as well and was able to out-smart Lee and manouver his police car around a few blocks and thereby was able to confront him by approaching him from the opposite direction that he was walking towards. This may have allowed Tippit to observe Lee for a moment before confronting him.

With regards to the dictabelt, I don't think it includes anything from the Tippit scene except Benavides' attempt to contact the dispacher, and the the other civilian's successful attempt to do so. By the time the shooting started, Tippit was out of the car, so there was no one in the car to press the "transmit" switch on the micophone.

Edited by Antti Hynonen

John, thanks for your thoughts. Much appreciated. I'm pretty confident that Lee walked a lot, from one place to another, since he didn't drive. However, the 4.5 mile distance to Harlandale Avenue is a bit of a stretch, I think it would take him at least an hour.

I think Lee walking South, South-East from North Beckley was not just a random direction. What makes it a little odd is that he was last seen walking West on 10th Street, was he not? This is a bit odd because prior to this he must have been walking South, South-East for well over a mile. Why change directions? I wonder if he had spotted Tippit in his cop car a moment earlier and had reacted to that somehow?

Perhaps Tippit had seen him then as well and was able to out-smart Lee and manouver his police car around a few blocks and thereby was able to confront him by approaching him from the opposite direction that he was walking towards. This may have allowed Tippit to observe Lee for a moment before confronting him.

With regards to the dictabelt, I don't think it includes anything from the Tippit scene except Benavides' attempt to contact the dispacher, and the the other civilian's successful attempt to do so. By the time the shooting started, Tippit was out of the car, so there was no one in the car to press the "transmit" switch on the micophone.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...ost&p=18470

I suggest rereading the Tippit thread, if you haven't already read it.

The Warren Report solved the problem with a graphic - Oswald teleported from the Tippit scene using some kind of gigantic arrow. This saved him the time required to cover the distance walking.

You may want to start off with the premise that Oswald was nowhere near the scene of the Tippit murder and go from there.

- lee