The Education Forum

HBO-Tom Hanks and Vin Bugliosi what do they....

LDS Mormons?

http://www.schoolofabraham.com/currentevents.htm

Part of the LDS analysis of JFK

"By all accounts he was witty and humorous, teasing and bright. He was not an intellectual but he was quick, and one can see from his writings and the testimony of his friends about his conversation that he had a talent for focus: He could see the point and get to it. There is no evidence that he ever read or gave any thought to political philosophy. Having fun and enjoying life were important to him. His friends attribute this to his ill health; he wasn't sure he'd be here long. Maybe they are right, and maybe it is also true he just liked having a good time. He was an attractive and athletic man; he cared how he looked. He was the first big league politician to use ManTan, the sunless tanner of the 1950s; he thought it made him look vigorous and windblown. He was well tailored and cared about the cut of his suits and the style of his collars. He loved gossip;..."

Scroll down to: Become a Junior Secret Service Agent!

http://www.nps.gov/archive/eise/secret4.htm

and visit their online shop for "Kill for the CIA" T shirts, and other goodies

have in common? It's on the way folks, I suspect been in production for quite some time... read it here in Hollyweird's Variety

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111796639...yId=14&cs=1

Only the other week Bill Paxton was talking about doing a film on the conspiracy to kill JFK. This is a good way to keep him quiet.

I suspect this press release will account for a few of the "Reclaiming History" publishing delays, they wanted a one-two-three (book, 10 part mini-series [i suspected a four parter], and the documentary [which will be full of speculation masked as fact] knock out punch. When the book tanked they couldn't wait, they had to make the move... this release is about 4 months early by my reckoning. Don't expect much response from Oliver Stone....

Hollywierd has always played both sides of the street,and ALWAYS responds to Washington wishes and NY money....

The big leagues now.... KUTGW

This is great news.

Just what what is needed to keep the issue in the public mind for another six months.

While they might have thought there was a conspiracy before they read the book,

some of those who make the movie will certainly have a change of mind once they read another book.

Any date on when this show will begin airing?

If made right it could be bigger than the Soprano's, except everybody knows that Oswald gets wacked in the end.

Maybe we'll try to begin the JFK Grand Jury proceedings at the same time as the mini-series and piggy back on its publicity.

Maybe now some producer will look at David Talbot's Brothers, not as a mini-series, but as a major motion picture.

BK

This is great news.

Just what what is needed to keep the issue in the public mind for another six months.

While they might have thought there was a conspiracy before they read the book,

some of those who make the movie will certainly have a change of mind once they read another book.

Any date on when this show will begin airing?

If made right it could be bigger than the Soprano's, except everybody knows that Oswald gets wacked in the end.

Maybe we'll try to begin the JFK Grand Jury proceedings at the same time as the mini-series and piggy back on its publicity.

Maybe now some producer will look at David Talbot's Brothers, not as a mini-series, but as a major motion picture.

BK

Hi Bill,

Talbot's "BROTHERS" can play a key roll.... a project made for Oliver Stone.

Yesterday I put up on this board 45 questions amassed by a fellow JFK researcher, they'd make for interesting talking points in film project script development....

If Playtone can't/won/t address these questions/concerns, we're witnessing just another PR stunt.... Expensive, yes! But what the hell, the American public ends up paying for it anyway...

Indeed, the JFK-GJ proceedings are looking stronger....

David

Edited by David G. Healy

Yesterday I put up on this board 45 questions amassed by a fellow JFK researcher, they'd make for interesting talking points in film project script development....

Is the identity of this fellow-researcher a deep dark secret? It is a very impressive list of serious anomalies in the case. He or she should be taking a bow.

If Playtone can't/won/t address these questions/concerns, we're witnessing just another PR stunt....

Given all the holes in Buglisi's tattered case, the program is guaranteed to boomrang in its authors. It should be fun to see.

"HBO is NEAR a deal with Playtone" (Variety). Fat lady has not sung yet. I don't doubt that Playtone will go ahead, but it would not shock me if HBO backed out.

Is the identity of this fellow-researcher a deep dark secret? It is a very impressive list of serious anomalies in the case. He or she should be taking a bow.

If Playtone can't/won/t address these questions/concerns, we're witnessing just another PR stunt....

Given all the holes in Buglisi's tattered case, the program is guaranteed to boomrang in its authors. It should be fun to see.

"HBO is NEAR a deal with Playtone" (Variety). Fat lady has not sung yet. I don't doubt that Playtone will go ahead, but it would not shock me if HBO backed out.

Ray,

No of course not! Ben Holmes is the researcher a regular poster on the infamous alt.conspiracy.jfk board... He's known for debating faulty case evidence/trestimony and lack thereof only. He engages in no nonsense including ad hom attacks.

The 45 questions were compiled over a 5 year period, there's plenty more to add to the list --- John McAdams has tried but can't touch this guy, nor has ANY other Lone Nutter. Absolutely deadly when he addresses case medical evidence and the autopsy prosecutors...

David Healy

Unfortunately, this ridiculous piece of propaganda could very well do for the LN position what Oliver Stone's "JFK" did for the conspiracy position. While the vast majority of people have always seen through the absurd, official version of events, a new generation is out there, and they watch a lot ot TV. Tom Hanks is a huge star, and we should never underestimate the effects of "star" power. Imho, the fact that so many big stars were willing to be a part of Oliver Stone's "JFK" defintely helped the movie become such a smashing success. What I don't understand is the involvement of Bill Paxton. Didn't we just have a discussion here recently about Paxton making his own pro- conspiracy film on the assassination? How then could he participate in an odious production like this?

As for Hanks, he now joins the long list of celebrities whose work I will boycott.

Maybe Tom Hanks can play William Pawley.

Another article about the project (France 24):

http://www.france24.com/france24Public/en/...yf&cat=null

Oscar-winning actor Tom Hanks is reportedly to produce a television mini-series debunking the conspiracy theories surrounding the assassination of president John F. Kennedy.

According to Variety, Hanks and his partner in the Playtone production house, Gary Goetzman, will be the executive producers on the project which will adapt the book "Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy."

"I think that we will finally be able to make a substantial dent in the 75 percent of people in this country who still believe the conspiracy theorists," author Vincent Bugliosi told the industry insider, Variety.

His 1,630-page tome backs the official version of events that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone when he shot and killed Kennedy on November 22, 1963 in Dallas, Texas.

"I totally believed there was a conspiracy, but after you read the book, you are almost embarrassed that you ever believed it," Goetzman told Variety.

"To think that guys who grew up in the '60s would make a mini-series supporting the idea that Oswald acted alone is something I certainly wouldn't have predicted. But time and evidence can change the way we view things."

Playtone is in negotiations with the TV channel HBO to diffuse the 10-part series.

Oliver Stone's movie "JFK" which came out in 1991, starring Kevin Costner, was heavily criticized for supporting the theory that there was a plot to kill Kennedy.

Stone even hinted that Kennedy's vice-president and successor, Lyndon Johnson, could have been involved.

Hanks, 50, is one of Hollywood's best paid actors, reportedly earning 25 million dollars per film.

He won back-to-back best actor Oscars for his roles in 1993's "Philadelphia" and 1994's "Forrest Gump," and has also become one of Hollywood's most powerful producers and directors.

He will next be seen on film in the political film "Charlie Wilson's War" starring Julia Roberts and Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Guest Gary Loughran

"I think that we will finally be able to make a substantial dent in the 75 percent of people in this country who still believe the conspiracy theorists," author Vincent Bugliosi told the industry insider, Variety.

75% of people don't believe the consiracy th****sts. They believe there was a conspiracy in the murder and cover-up in the murder of their president full stop.

These things are completely different...then again I'm not a lawyer.

I also believe this statement is very telling - "to make a substantial dent in..." - Why is this necessary?

Ray,

No of course not! Ben Holmes is the researcher a regular poster on the infamous alt.conspiracy.jfk board... He's known for debating faulty case evidence/trestimony and lack thereof only. He engages in no nonsense including ad hom attacks.

The 45 questions were compiled over a 5 year period, there's plenty more to add to the list --- John McAdams has tried but can't touch this guy, nor has ANY other Lone Nutter. Absolutely deadly when he addresses case medical evidence and the autopsy prosecutors...

David Healy

Absolutely deadly when he addresses case medical evidence and the autopsy prosecutors...

Does not strike me as being that "deadly" and/or informed of the facts, considering that many of his questions could have been answered had he taken the time to research and find out exactly where JFK/the limo was when the third/last/final shot was fired.

To me, it appears as just another confused person who can not research the facts to find the correct answers

for himself.

I also believe this statement is very telling - "to make a substantial dent in..." - Why is this necessary?

Bugliosi has staked his career and reputation on this, so for him, at least, there is trmendous ego involvement. Bugliosi got involved in 1986 when he played the prosecutor in the mock trial aired on Showtime in the US in November 1986. The Showtime "jury" voted 10-2 for conviction, as I recall, and by prior agreement this was deemed to be a guilty verdict, so Showtime declared Bugliosi the winner. Bugliosi had an unbroken record of convictions in murder cases, and it seemed that he had kept his record intact.

(If my memory of a 10-2 Showtime verdict is accurate, in a real American courtroom a 10-2 verdict might be a victory in a civil case, but in a criminal trial in Texas a 10-2 vote represents a hung jury, necessitating a new trial).

But at the end of the program Showtime invited viewers at home to call in their verdicts, and a majority voted for acquittal, which lleft egg-stains all over Buglioi's unbeaten record. The show aired again a few years later on another channel, this time hosted by Geraldo Rivera, and this time the jury at home was offered an additional option on the verdict sheet. This time, a majority of viewers voted for "Guilty as part of a conspiracy." More egg-stains on Bugliosi's reputation, and so he set out to vindicate himself with his book, eventually titled RECLAIMING HISTORY, but which should be titled RECLAIMING BUGLIOSI"S REPUTATION.

The Variety article indicates that Tom Hanks will be involved on the production side, but does not say that he will actually star in the mini-series. As for Tom Hanks's motivation, maybe he just wants to vindicate his FORREST GUMP version of AMERICAN HISTORY FOR COMPLETE IDIOTS.

This is my BIG EGO theory of this latest Hollywood fiasco-in-the-making.

I do not think this program will convince very many, but I agree with Bill Kelly that it will get people talking around the water cooler, and bring the issues into focus for people who have not read much about the case up to now.

David: Thank you for the Ben Holmes information. Is Ben any relation to Sherlock? You or Ben may want to forward Holmes's talking points to Rex Bradford.

Debra Conway is organizing a petition, in conjunction with Rex Bradford at Maryferrel.org. This is from Debra's email:l

Greetings!

ACTION ALERT! Your help is needed as never before.

HBO, Playtone plan JFK miniseries.

According to Variety HBO is near a deal with Playtone that will turn Vincent Bugliosi's 1,632-page book "Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy" into a miniseries. Ten-parter will debunk long-held conspiracy theories and establish that assassin Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone.

HBO is wrapping up a deal to finance and air the mini, which will depict Oswald's journey to becoming an assassin and his subsequent murder on live TV by Jack Ruby. Playtone's Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman will exec produce along with their "Big Love" star Bill Paxton.

The network will make a companion documentary special, with Bugliosi addressing myriad conspiracy theories, including those involving the Mafia, the KGB or Fidel Castro in JFK's assassination.

What can you do? Reclaim Truth!

By the weekend JFK Lancer will have a petition stating we, the JFK assassination community, refute the claims of Bugliosi, and the petition will state the major points of conspiracy evidence. You will be able to sign a petition to give the JFK community a chance to refute this book's claims. A letter will be sent on your behalf to HBO and Playtone. GIVE TRUTH A CHANCE PETITION

Send your research notes on Bugliosi's claims to either Debra Conway or Rex Bradford. Rex has begun an important website to list the errors in Bugliosi's book.

Meanwhile, post or comment on as many forums/blogs as you have access to and please ask all your friends to as well.

Thank you. The 45th Anniversary of the assassination of President Kennedy is near. Don't let the truth drift away. We must take every advantage to give the truth to history. Please help.

Sincerely,

Debra Conway

JFK Lancer Productions & Publications

Edited by J. Raymond Carroll

Ray,

David Healy

Absolutely deadly when he addresses case medical evidence and the autopsy prosecutors...

Does not strike me as being that "deadly" and/or informed of the facts, considering that many of his questions could have been answered had he taken the time to research and find out exactly where JFK/the limo was when the third/last/final shot was fired.

To me, it appears as just another confused person who can not research the facts to find the correct answers

for himself.

Tom,

Perhaps you should lurk for a bit and see who amongst the old comp-u-serve Lone Nut crowd will enter a debate with him. Specifically concerning WCR medical evidence and/or lack there of. In my opinion he leans towards conspiracy. For those that want to defend the WCR and its volumes, care to discuss autopsies, procedure, REPORTS, protocol, the prosecutors, and know how to debate the issues [and DON'T top post], step up. -- Marine Corps. Corps Marksmanship team... Politics to the right of Rush Limbaugh (the only political comment he's made that I know of).

In general, if up and comer Lone Nuts want a USNET board name for themselves he's the CT guy they have to get past. None have that I'm aware of... alt.conspiracy.jfk, 8,000+ posts to the board since 1998. Ad hom attacks start flying, his newsreader ceases to see them. The Nutter's straighten out, he knows -- Ken Rahn, Tony Marsh, John McAdams, Martin Shackelford, etal., makes no difference to him.

Theories, open for discussion - debate the WCR record/evidence. As far as confused? Ask the supposed USNET Lone Nut geniuses above, these day's they head the other direction. So, I don't think so...

David

Edited by David G. Healy

This is great news.

BK

Hey Bill,

As Lee said: "This is it!"

Looking forward to this, too. You know, Hanks (LHO) hankering after hanky panky with Judyth Baker, acted by:

Liz2.jpg

Right! Explicit, torrid but secret trysts in ol' New Orleans. Romance! Oh yeah, and how about Mary Sherman being incinerated by a particle accelerator in 3D!

Man O Man, if this doesn't spring a Grand Jury, nothing will.

M