The Education Forum

David Talbot on C-Span2

On Saturday, June 16 at 7:00 pm Book TV presents David Talbot

Brothers: The Hidden History Of The Kennedy Years

http://www.booktv.org/

Did anybody see this show?

I thought it was pretty good. A solid hour of David's talk and great Q & A.

Did anybody tape it?

Can it be put on a yourtube type program?

Is there a transcipt?

Thanks if anybody can answer any of these questions.

BK

Did anybody tape it?

Can it be put on a yourtube type program?

Is there a transcipt?

Thanks if anybody can answer any of these questions.

BK

I imagine it will eventually appear here:

http://www.booktv.org/AfterWords/archive_2007.asp

I did and thought it was a well done and reasoned approach to the issue of conspirarcy-he freely admitted ignorance of some areas which I found refreshing in this era of all knowing and pontificating.

Edited by Evan Marshall

I did and thought it was a well done and reasoned approach to the issue of conspirarcy-he freely admitted ignorance of some areas which I found refreshing in this era of all knowing and pontificating.

Yes, I agree with Evan. But in the question and answer session, I thought that Talbot demonstated a comprehensive familiarity with some of the earliest, most basic and still unanswered questions about this case. He is a personable, well-spoken man, quick to smile.

I noticed that the event televised by C-Span2 originally took place on May 22nd. I think that continued public appearances may serve to make Talbot more comfortable and confident, and even more effective in future media situations.

Yes, I agree with Evan. But in the question and answer session, I thought that Talbot demonstated a comprehensive familiarity with some of the earliest, most basic and still unanswered questions about this case. He is a personable, well-spoken man, quick to smile.

I noticed that the event televised by C-Span2 originally took place on May 22nd. I think that continued public appearances may serve to make Talbot more comfortable and confident, and even more effective in future media situations.

I agree Michael,

I too think David is getting his act together, knows his subject well, and will contiue to improve in his public presentations, though this May 22nd event came off very well, and most of the significant topics were touched on.

I made a cassette audo tape of the program but don't want to take the time to transcibe it if they will post a Booknotes transcript as they should.

http://www.booknotes.org/TranscriptArchive/?ProgramYear=2004

There are other transcripts of interest on the link (CSPAN Booknotes transcripts) that date from 1990s-2004, including Norman Mailer - June 95', Ben Bradlee, Pierre Salinger, Kate Graham, Arthur Schlisenger May 98, Dan Rather, Posner's patron Harold Evans - April 99, James Reston, Jr on JBC Dec. 89, Tad Szulz - Aug.90, Bob Woodward, June 90, R. Dallek on LBJ Sept. 90 (made me sic), David Wise on nerve gas, David Crosby May 2001, Arlen Spetor June 2001, Dick Gregory 2001, and Michael Parenti on the assassination of Caesar (DT calls DC "Rome on the Patomic").

I like what they say about Norman Mailer, who says that Oswald's motive in killing JFK was "to promote a new kind of society superior to America."

I couldn't find any transcripts after 2004 however.

Here's Spector, which I was going to edit just to the Ruby and Jewish thing but Brian Lamb goes on a roll, asking quick questions about the assasination that you have to read the whole thing.

http://www.booknotes.org/Transcript/?ProgramID=1598

BK

Edited by William Kelly