The Education Forum

YouTube Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iThWExthtv0

About 30+ images appear to have gone unused - not bad though.

Thanks to other image contributors.

nice- not just the images but sound that goes well on a pc speaker, most welcome. Note the opening crowd scene as Kennedy shakes hands and raises and lowers and stretches his right arm and the collar riding up and down op and down and the jacket bunching and smoothing out continuously. Someone recently posted a photo of Kennedy in a blue shirt seen from the front, tailored yet lots of room for movement. After sitting, twisting and turning waving and standing up, bending to shake childrens hands, sitting back down in the limo with his customary slump etc and not retucking the shirt, this makes a definite statement about Kennedy's shirt and jacket not having the room to move depending on how he held his arm at any moment impossible to be conclusive re the bunching issue.

nice- not just the images but sound that goes well on a pc speaker, most welcome. Note the opening crowd scene as Kennedy shakes hands and raises and lowers and stretches his right arm and the collar riding up and down op and down and the jacket bunching and smoothing out continuously. Someone recently posted a photo of Kennedy in a blue shirt seen from the front, tailored yet lots of room for movement. After sitting, twisting and turning waving and standing up, bending to shake childrens hands, sitting back down in the limo with his customary slump etc and not retucking the shirt, this makes a definite statement about Kennedy's shirt and jacket not having the room to move depending on how he held his arm at any moment impossible to be conclusive re the bunching issue.

Thanks John - there's a few bits and pieces in there - the Rybka incident was clearly captured, as well as Jackie receiving red roses, etc. The three shots and sirens were Wolper's touch back in 1964 - don't know that I would agree with either - since the sirens were not said to be heard until much later - as per the comments about the Sam Pate recreation. But I liked the concept. My only role was to provide some material and an idea. Easy.

- lee

John: "Note the opening crowd scene as Kennedy shakes hands and raises and lowers and stretches his right arm and the collar riding up and down op and down and the jacket bunching and smoothing out continuously. Someone recently posted a photo of Kennedy in a blue shirt seen from the front, tailored yet lots of room for movement. After sitting, twisting and turning waving and standing up, bending to shake childrens hands, sitting back down in the limo with his customary slump etc and not retucking the shirt, this makes a definite statement about Kennedy's shirt and jacket not having the room to move depending on how he held his arm at any moment impossible to be conclusive re the bunching issue."

Thanks John - there's a few bits and pieces in there - the Rybka incident was clearly captured, as well as Jackie receiving red roses, etc. The three shots and sirens were Wolper's touch back in 1964 - don't know that I would agree with either - since the sirens were not said to be heard until much later - as per the comments about the Sam Pate recreation. But I liked the concept. My only role was to provide some material and an idea. Easy.

- lee

You're welcome Lee. Re the audio issue, many of the youtube vids look good but not enough attention to the audio. This one in particular seems well put together with a consideration for the average PC speaker.

John: "Note the opening crowd scene as Kennedy shakes hands and raises and lowers and stretches his right arm and the collar riding up and down op and down and the jacket bunching and smoothing out continuously. Someone recently posted a photo of Kennedy in a blue shirt seen from the front, tailored yet lots of room for movement. After sitting, twisting and turning waving and standing up, bending to shake childrens hands, sitting back down in the limo with his customary slump etc and not retucking the shirt, this makes a definite statement about Kennedy's shirt and jacket not having the room to move depending on how he held his arm at any moment impossible to be conclusive re the bunching issue."

- lee

You're welcome Lee. Re the audio issue, many of the youtube vids look good but not enough attention to the audio. This one in particular seems well put together with a consideration for the average PC speaker.

Hi John - yes, as a free service and with the sheer volume of data these folks are looking to maintain -- anything launched on Youtube suffers from serious compression. The audio and video is seriously compromised - many times there is even a delay introduced between their original synch. That is just how it is, so it appears that he attempted to compensate.

I am thinking of posting a few of the photos - these are hardly ever seen - I scanned them from a number of newspapers around the US - just people reacting to the news of the assassination. Since the song selected was so short, only a few of these were used. Anyway - they aren't much relative to learning anything - except perhaps with respect to a quote I read the other day - paraphrased - the only one who cared about Kennedy was the public.

Michael - thanks - yes, sad day....thought it was appropriate.

- lee

"Note the opening crowd scene as Kennedy shakes hands and raises and lowers and stretches his right arm and the collar riding up and down up and down and the jacket bunching, creasing, and smoothing out continuously."

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...st&p=106649

How tall was Kennedy? Simple measurements as to the degree of movements should be possible.

Edited by John Dolva

Guest Eugene B. Connolly

I watched the video. Very moving.

Good work.

Can I download it?

How do I do it?

EBC

I watched the video. Very moving.

Good work.

Can I download it?

How do I do it?

EBC

Hi Gene!

Thanks.

Since it's been loaded on Youtube, it's not possible to download. You can create videos like that one using a number of software packages - however, don't go the cheap route - I bought a few packages that weren't very versatile. I believe that Windows Movie Maker was used for that video, which allows for greater flexibility in synching the sound and video as well as pulling in video clips. MY-DVD left me wishing I hadn't wasted the money and the incredible amount of space it required on my hard drive.

- lee

Movie downloaders.

For downloading from YOUTUBE and similar, you can use www.vixy.net . Just paste the link Lee gave, choose format (AVI, MPEG), and press start. The site converts to that format, and makes it downloadable.

It may take a few tries, but hey..... it is free! :)

Saves the time to resolve the link, download, and then transform the file to avi.

Maarten

Movie downloaders.

For downloading from YOUTUBE and similar, you can use www.vixy.net . Just paste the link Lee gave, choose format (AVI, MPEG), and press start. The site converts to that format, and makes it downloadable.

It may take a few tries, but hey..... it is free! :huh:

Saves the time to resolve the link, download, and then transform the file to avi.

Maarten

Another option is to click the video link. Then note the computer clock time. Then don't do anything except let the vid run to the end.

Then go to the cache and sort it according to the date modified. The vid will be there with a .something extension. Copy paste or move it to elswewhere. Then search for a converter, or a viewer that'll run it if you change the extension to suit, from which vidcaps can be made using something like MWSnap screen capture, or if converted, use something like ifranview or xnview to exract all frames to selected folder.

Maartens suggestion works well.

Thanks John,

For extracting Jpegs from AVI files, I use Advanced X Video Converter. Does more jobs...... (among transforming to AVI... regrettibly not IFO( DVD format that is))

Less labour intensive than using Power DVD, and the trying to capture all the individual frames manual..... and less misstakes... :blink:

Maarten

Movie downloaders.

It may take a few tries, but hey..... it is free! :blink:

Maarten

Your tips are excellent Maarten.

Thanks so much!

Very nice Lee--there's a lot of interesting other stuff there too.

I assume that was the original Dinah Washington version of the song in the background. Are there copyright issues with this? Sorry if it's a silly question. YouTube is brand new for me.

Great effort, Lee.