The Education Forum

Could this be David Morales in Dealey Plaza?

Ron, I did ponder the resemblance to Pash but figured one comparison at a time. There is also that guy seen at Parkland with LBJ and Youngblood who resembles Pash.

Russ, thanks for the flipped image, much better.

Bill, Morales from what I can gather was in the 6' 2', maybe 6' 3" range.

Peter, I'm not sure what the time frame for the photograph would be but as an estimate, maybe 15 - 20 minutes after the shooting. Murray took the images of Buddy Walthers looking for something on the grass area ten minutes after the assassination so I guess we can work from there.

As to plotters being present at the scene, Morales wasn't known to anyone in the wider community and he was his own man at JM/WAVE. I have lots of stories of him exercising his autonomy - he was arrogant and feared no one.

Given that things were not going to plan post shooting, then I submit that the plotters were scrambling to get things back on track.

James

Hi James,

I didn't realize at the time of my first post on this thread that I was also referring to a Jim Murray photo.

See page 608 in Trask's Pictures of the Pain. The tall man in middle of photo at top of page is carrying a jacket with left hand behind his head and wrist pressed against his ear.

Sorry for delay.

Chow.

Peter Fokes

Peter,

Yes, that man is definitely of interest to me. I have pondered in the past if he was the one DCM (while sitting at the curb) was chatting to via radio.

James

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The same man can be seen standing in the upper right of this Murray photo:

murraycrowd_Small.jpg

James:

This post is about a month old, and many have weighed in with opinions on Morales... what's the concensus? Is it him? I'd think some people who knew him well - and would have strong instinctual notions about the photo - may've validated your question. Seems like his tall, dark features stand out... while some others look for the appearance of being "official" or operational. I'm assuming its still reasonable to assume it's him..and if so, where would he have been prior to this photo? It does seem amazing that a senior person would risk being on the scene (and being seen), but then the audacity of this "hit" - high noon, head shot, blown his brains out, sitting next to his wife, broad daylight - was calculated for maximum effect. I'm not an expert, or even remotely qualified to say... but i think it's him.

Regards,

gene

The bulge under the left side of his suit coat is reminiscent of the protrusion under the infamous white windbreaker, isn't it?

Has anyone looked into the sizes and shapes of low frequency, portable communication devices available at the time?

Robert Morrow wrote about providing LF units for the Dealey Plaza operation.

The bulge under the left side of his suit coat is reminiscent of the protrusion under the infamous white windbreaker, isn't it?

Has anyone looked into the sizes and shapes of low frequency, portable communication devices available at the time?

Robert Morrow wrote about providing LF units for the Dealey Plaza operation.

Charles here are a few to ponder over....the smallest is from the Altgens..

B...

That's DCM walking away after parting company with the Umbrella Man.

And as I've pointed out before, he looks like he's got Citizen Kane's sled Rosebud under the back of his jacket.

One see's him clearly walking away toward overpass with jacket and radio under. A man named Hicks came forward and said he was that man [he was not!].

I think the crewcut man you are referring to was indeed Hicks. The question was whether he was in radio communication with the assassins as he or someone alleged. It is unclear what was in his back pocket.

If Hicks himself alleged that he was a radio man that day, he quit alleging it by the time he got to New Orleans and was interviewed by Garrison. It was never clear to me to whom he was supposed to have alleged this.

James:

Who is the second patsy...the one who changed the Plan by betraing Oswald? - Gene

Gene,

This is purely my opinion but I submit Loran Hall.

James

James,

that is very interesting and kind of fits with thoughts I'd had about him. Can you elaborate on how Hall might have 'betrayed Oswald'? In your opinion of course.

Thanks

One see's him clearly walking away toward overpass with jacket and radio under. A man named Hicks came forward and said he was that man [he was not!].

I think the crewcut man you are referring to was indeed Hicks. The question was whether he was in radio communication with the assassins as he or someone alleged. It is unclear what was in his back pocket.

If Hicks himself alleged that he was a radio man that day, he quit alleging it by the time he got to New Orleans and was interviewed by Garrison. It was never clear to me to whom he was supposed to have alleged this.

Would James or someone please post the photo of the 'Hicks' or whoever he was walking away with huge brick that looks like radio in his back pocket. I have, but can't locate on my computer at moment. If put all next to one another the radio bulges have the same sizes and features. Would be great if someone could put all three in one image.

Peter,

Is this the image you refer to?

James

James:

Who is the second patsy...the one who changed the Plan by betraing Oswald? - Gene

Gene,

James

James,

that is very interesting and kind of fits with thoughts I'd had about him. Can you elaborate on how Hall might have 'betrayed Oswald'? In your opinion of course.

Thanks

Hi Francesca,

Very simply, I think he sensed that something wasn't right and took off, but not before giving up Oswald - something that would have had the DPD in particular focused on the alleged assassin and no one else.

For the DPD to arrive en masse at the theater like they did, I submit they had a very good tip-off that the presidential assassin was there.

I also submit that the whole story of the Johnson rifle that Hall retrieved from hock has yet to be told.

James

James:

Gene,

James

James,

Thanks

Hi Francesca,

Very simply, I think he sensed that something wasn't right and took off, but not before giving up Oswald - something that would have had the DPD in particular focused on the alleged assassin and no one else.

For the DPD to arrive en masse at the theater like they did, I submit they had a very good tip-off that the presidential assassin was there.

I also submit that the whole story of the Johnson rifle that Hall retrieved from hock has yet to be told.

James

James...since you know about the rifle story, I'd like to know what you

can tell us about Roy Pope.

Jack

Jack,

Apart from what you have written about him, I don't know much at all.

I get the feeling Roy Pope was an alias and disinformation may have been the motive behind his appearance. Has Gerry Hemming ever passed comment on this guy do you know?

James