The Education Forum

Gerald R. Ford and the Warren Commission

The following is taken from the publicity for the book A Presidential Legacy and The Warren Commission. Tim Miller has recently joined the forum.

FlatSigned Press, a publishing house and rare books distributor, will release exclusive new writings by the late President Gerald R. Ford. The book, entitled A Presidential Legacy and The Warren Commission, provides a fascinating look into the mind of a great American leader in the final years before his death.

In this posthumous publication, the former president speaks as the last surviving member of the legendary Warren Commission, which investigated the assassination of President John F. Kennedy in 1963. In a detailed outline of the Commission’s final report, President Ford addresses the lingering questions and conspiracy theories surrounding the Kennedy assassination one by one. In addition, the former president also provides a broad and inspiring account of his own life and historical significance, as well as his views on modern politics and partisanship.

Ford’s admirers and detractors alike will recognize the bold and straightforward language that was characteristic of the late president as he addresses controversial topics, including:

The Lessons Ignored from the Warren Report - and their Relevance to the September 11th Attacks on the U.S.

Confirming the Role of the CIA in Hiding and Destroying Information on the Kennedy Assassination

The Controversial 2000 Presidential Election - and the "Archaic" Electoral College

Ford’s relationship with Presidents Richard Nixon, Lyndon Johnson, Ronald Reagan and Jimmy Carter

The Pardon of President Richard M. Nixon - and its Role in His 1976 Defeat

The Dangerous Loss of U.S. Manufacturing Jobs - and its Threat to the Economy

A Call to Ratify the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA)

Bringing "Trust and Credibility Back" to the U.S. Government

President Ford also confirms and explains one of the most enduring mysteries of the Kennedy assassination: the alleged sound of gunfire coming from the infamous "grassy knoll" in Dallas. Whether the reader is interested in the John F. Kennedy assassination as a defining moment in American history, a transformational event in American culture, or one of the world’s most enduring murder mysteries, President Ford calls on all Americans to now read the Warren Report:

"Due to rampant conspiracy legends, including those promulgated by the Oliver Stone movie, Congress has spent millions of taxpayer dollars investigating and re-investigating this tragic assassination. Your biggest contribution as an American citizen would be to read the Warren Commission Report… I know that reading a technical report can be very daunting and boring, but I can assure you that this one is quite captivating."

President Ford also chastises the U.S. government for not acting on the findings of the Warren Commission’s final report before the tragic events of September 11, 2001:

"There are still valuable lessons to be gleaned from this document. Difficulties with FBI-CIA interagency communications were among our key findings, and that was reinforced by later investigations. Why were those communications still so inadequate in September of 2001?"

The final report of the Warren Commission is included in its entirety within A Presidential Legacy and The Warren Commission, which will be available at bookstores nationwide beginning April 10, 2007. A very limited number of leather-bound, numbered editions, autographed by the late President Gerald R. Ford, are available exclusively through the publisher www.FlatSigned.com.

Tim Miller is a Lyndon Baines Johnson Scholar and former employee of the U.S. House of Representatives. He is available for media interviews through his public relations firm. Please contact Leigh Marie Lunn at Gish, Sherwood & Friends via telephone at (615) 385-1100 or by email at lmlunn@gish.com.

Based in Nashville, Tennessee, FlatSigned Press, Inc. is a publisher and rare book distributor, specializing in the procurement, sale, and publishing of rare and collectable books, first-edition signed books, manuscripts, historical documents, art, and autographs. FlatSigned Press, Inc. is a division of www.FlatSigned.com, Inc., founded in 1998.

A Statement from Publisher, Tim Miller

This is the first time the American general public will have the opportunity to read the final words of President Ford on the Kennedy assassination, as well as his insights into the September 11th attacks, George Bush, and more. President Ford was a man of deep integrity, intelligence, and honesty. I am privileged to have known him.

Ford echoes the original, core principles of his Republican Party, social moderation and fiscal conservatism. These ideas that once brought the Republican Party to power have been lost by the current Republican Party leadership. However, they are expressed by current Republican frontrunner Rudolph Gulliani.

President Ford was the model of an effective Republican leader who led the federal government by pursuing a commonsense agenda through bipartisan support and honest debate. Today, both parties seem intent on dividing the American people and pitting them against each other with vicious political attacks and endless partisan warfare. The current Republican President speaks of compassionate conservatism, yet spends us into record debt and is anything but compassionate.

The recent transition of control of Congress from Republicans to Democrats serves as evidence that President Ford’s party has drifted from the governing principles Ford once embodied and which brought Republicans into power. This affects me on a deeply personal level.

The Republican Party has abandoned the center. Moderates like myself find themselves ignored by the political party we once embraced. President Ford brought our nation together after the twin nightmares of Watergate and Vietnam. The leaders of both parties would be well served to learn from President Ford and follow from his example.

I am the publisher of the late President Gerald R. Ford's final book and I have pertinent information for those using your forum. I am happy to let you know that I do not believe Oswald acted alone and I believe this same feeling was shared by many on the Warren Commission including the late President Ford.

Would you like to develop this point in more detail?

I am the publisher of the late President Gerald R. Ford's final book and I have pertinent information for those using your forum. I am happy to let you know that I do not believe Oswald acted alone and I believe this same feeling was shared by many on the Warren Commission including the late President Ford.

It just may be that someone is attempting to make you "blow the whistle".

Before you or anyone gets their hopes up here, the late President Ford did not tell me that there were others shooting that day in Dallas. What he did tell me is that he believes Oswald was the lone gunman. What he did not tell me was there was no conspiracy. We then talked more on that point and I have done my own, significant research. I think it obvious that Bobby Baker was in the 'nest' rather than Oswald. This, Ford and I will dissagree on. But I believe and believe he did too that there was a conspiracy. There are more points to be made but didn't want to get your hopes up too high.

I think it obvious that Bobby Baker was in the 'nest' rather than Oswald. This, Ford and I will dissagree on. But I believe and believe he did too that there was a conspiracy.

You have just talked me out of buying your book. Baker might have had some involvement in the assassination but he was definitely not in the sniper's nest.