The Education Forum

Todd Wayne Vaughan

Has anyone ever heard of one Todd Wayne Vaughan? I have seen his name mentioned in numerous online forums though I do not know him personally. He comes across as a LNer though he is still young and has many years ahead of him. What is his position and views on the case? Who does he associate with? Has any of the ARBB files and new evidence such as David's book changed or modified his views?

If Todd wishes to change his views, he should study the history of the Kennedy Administration and find clues as to why President Kennedy was killed in the areas of the Cuban exiles, Vietnam, and Operation Northwoods rather sticking to a long-discredited LN theory.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Todd first surfaced with Steve Barber in the study of the DPD recording acoustics

study. Barber and Vaughan claimed to have debunked the HSCA acoustics study.

Todd collects JFK stuff, but is not a serious researcher of facts, in my opinion.

Not necessarily a lone nutter, but not a researcher either.

He was young back in the early 80s when he first surfaced, but that was nearly 30

years ago.

Jack

Has anyone ever heard of one Todd Wayne Vaughan? I have seen his name mentioned in numerous online forums though I do not know him personally. He comes across as a LNer though he is still young and has many years ahead of him. What is his position and views on the case? Who does he associate with? Has any of the ARBB files and new evidence such as David's book changed or modified his views?

If Todd wishes to change his views, he should study the history of the Kennedy Administration and find clues as to why President Kennedy was killed in the areas of the Cuban exiles, Vietnam, and Operation Northwoods rather sticking to a long-discredited LN theory.

Todd <----- proven Lone Nutter, disappeared of late. Staunch John McAdams acolyte, spent most of the last few years on the alt.conspiracy.jfk and alt.assassination.jfk USNET boards and trolling JFK assassination specific forums (managed to get thrown off a few along the way. Todd seems to think shooting a MC at non-moving sandbags in the hills of Wisconsin (with John McAdams) proves, beyond a reasonable doubt, LHO's participation in JFK's assassination as *THEE* solo shooter.

When confronted with WCR "evidence & testimony", Todd like most Lone Nutters, wilt.... Todd by his own declaration owns files and files covering assorted JFK assassination topics (in debate he can't seem to find them though :) )

Hi Todd (he'll read this) -- I'm sure BenH. would send his best if he was here, let me do it in his place! "Hey Toddy, there's a few debates concerning 45 assassination related questions waiting for you at you know where....." LMAO!

DHealy

Edited by David G. Healy

Thanks, David...I had forgotten that he was one of Rich's rejects.

...and the photo of him, "Philip Nolan" and others at the shooting event.

I don't classify him so much as a lone-nutter as a know-nothing...a pretender.

Jack

Edited by Jack White

Thanks, David...I had forgotten that he was one of Rich's rejects.

...and the photo of him, "Philip Nolan" and others at the shooting event.

I don't classify him so much as a lone-nutter as a know-nothing...a pretender.

Jack

Rich advises me that Vaughan was not exiled from his forum; he simply

quit posting on the forum after his cohorts were booted off. He is still

a member and lurks without posting.

Jack

Has Vaughan ever debated or commenteed on the involvement of the Miami Cubans and also DRE and Alpha 66 or even on the Vietnam angle? Or does he pooh-poohs them saying they are merely coincidences and have nothing to do with the lone nut story?

Todd, buddy. If you are out there, give us a shout and you are welcome to state your views on this forum and we will promise you an education you will never forget!

I know Todd Vaughan. I think I first hooked up with him at an early COPA conference in DC or Dallas, but later exchanged letters with him when he lived in Michigan. I don't know where he is now, and haven't communicated with him since the dawn of the internet, but when he was in Michigan he did some interesting research at the Ford Presidential Library.

After years of pestering them, sometime after the JFK Act, they finally released the Lansdale deposition for the Church Committee, reports on Luis Angel Castillo and the International Rescue Committee records, all of which Todd also pestered them for and eventually received.

He seemed like a serious researcher then, but I haven't had any contact with him recently, though he might fit into that True Beliver category that allows for swtiching sides.

He shouldn't be hard to find and just ask him.

BK

Todd Vaughn is one of those infamous "ex-conspiracy believers" who have converted to lone-nutterism for inexplicable reasons. When he used to post regularly on another forum several years ago, I asked him, as I do all supposedly "ex-conspiracy believers" who have made this miraculous transformation, just what was it that made him reject all his former views and suddenly accept the nonsensical official story that he had ridiculed before. Just like all the others, the silence of his answer was deafening. Other "converts" would be Dave Perry, Greg Jaynes, Dave Reitzes and, of course, Gary Mack (who, despite his claim to still believe in a conspiracy, is for all intents and purposes an LNer during his frequent t.v. appearances). There are others, less well-known than these, some of them posters on this forum, who fit into this category. I have yet to hear a rational explanation for their "conversion," and I have asked the question several times. Interestingly enough, there is not a single example, that I know of, of a long-time lone-nutter suddenly converting into a believer in conspiracy.

Todd Vaughn is one of those infamous "ex-conspiracy believers" who have converted to lone-nutterism for inexplicable reasons. When he used to post regularly on another forum several years ago, I asked him, as I do all supposedly "ex-conspiracy believers" who have made this miraculous transformation, just what was it that made him reject all his former views and suddenly accept the nonsensical official story that he had ridiculed before. Just like all the others, the silence of his answer was deafening. Other "converts" would be Dave Perry, Greg Jaynes, Dave Reitzes and, of course, Gary Mack (who, despite his claim to still believe in a conspiracy, is for all intents and purposes an LNer during his frequent t.v. appearances). There are others, less well-known than these, some of them posters on this forum, who fit into this category. I have yet to hear a rational explanation for their "conversion," and I have asked the question several times. Interestingly enough, there is not a single example, that I know of, of a long-time lone-nutter suddenly converting into a believer in conspiracy.

I am one of those converted LHO guilty advocates. I was a die-hard conspiracy believer until about 1980. I began studying the Kennedy assassintion in earnest following the publication of "November 22, 1963: You are the Jury" however at that time I was more convinced in Josiah Thompson, Mark Lane, and Edward Epstein's views than I was of David Belin's. But the more I read of the assassination and especially the more I read conspiracy-oriented books, "Rush to Judgement," "Six Seconds in Dallas," "Who Killed Kennedy," "They've Killed the President", "The Assassination Tapes," "The Second Oswald" etc... I soon found that these authors didn't really solve the case. In fact they never provided ANY answers. I saw very quickly that conspiracy believers were much better at standing on the sidelilnes and asking question sthan they were in stepping onto the field and providing answers that agreed with logic, common sense, and the known evidence. Then with the findings of the HSCA and the public discredting and embarassment of Jack White for his supposed photographic "expertise" I started to smell a rat. By 1980 I began examining the evidence with an "Oswald Guilty" frame of mind and EVERYTHING suddenly made perfect sense. Questions I had always struggled with now made perfect sense. Questions like the backyard photographs (of which there was no credible evidence of forgery), Oswald's autograph on the back of one of those photographs, Oswald taking the package of "curtain rods" to work, Oswald's unexpected trip to Ruth Paine's house on November 21st, Oswald fleeing the scene after the assassination, Oswald walking/jogging/running seven blocks to catch the very bus that would have stopped across the street from the TSBD, Oswald leaving the bus in a panic when it stalled in traffic, Oswald having the cab driver drop him off four blocks past his North Beckley boarding house, Oswald taking a gun with him after leaving the boarding house, Oswald's shooting of Tippit (which was iron-clad based on the evidence, in my mind), Oswald's attempted murder of Officer McDonald, Oswald's numerous lies while being interrogated, Oswald's failure to implicate any co-conspirators, and Oswald's lies concerning his rifle ownership. When I assumed (hoped) Oswald was innocent, NONE of these facts made any sense. Once I assumed Oswald was guilty, then EVERY single fact in the case made perfect sense. It rang true. Since my conversion EVERY SINGLE conspiracy book has rehashed old material without solving ANYTHING. Points that have been disproven for years are still brought up as if they were brand new. I cannot believe that in over forty years no one in this so-called conspiracy has ever talked. That thought alone boggles rational thought. The later exposure of the chicanery of individuals like the photo-expert fake, Robert Groden, in the Simpson civil trial, only added to Jack White's previous exposure. Revelations of Mark Lane's dishonest handling of Helen Markham's statements, the irrational and ridiculous claims of Zapruder film alteration, all simply were too silly for me to give serious thought. In fact the number of former conspiracy believers who have converted is constantly growing--however I don't seem to know of ANY "LHO-Guilty" devotees who have been converted to the "Conspiracy Nut" camp. There may be some--but I've never heard of even one in my thirty years of Kennedy assassination research.

That, at least is my story.

Bugliosi spent 20 years and 1600 pages ignoring the fact that the bullet

holes in the back of JFK's shirt and jacket are 2" to 3" below the location

required by the Single Bullet Theory.

You've spent almost 35 years ignoring the most obvious physical evidence

in the case?

That is some sort of achievement, I guess...

For Vaughan and the other ex CTers turned LNers like Gary Mack, Dave Perry, and others, how can you explain the following:

the jacket holes being inches apart, thus discrediting the SBT

the infamous Katzenbach memo and the order to "frame Oswald"

the involvement of DRE and Alpha 66 and other Miami Cuban groups

Operation Northwoods-would it be fair to say that the assasination was an act of domestic terrorism rather than an accidental act in history?

The incompetence and unwillingness of the major media to investigate further and their ongoing coverup.

Questions or comments? Gentlemen, start your engines!

"the infamous Katzenbach memo and the order to "frame Oswald" "

From a just plain ole' nut that believes there is a conspiracy which the Kennedy assassination was one part of.

There is, nor ever was ""the infamous Katzenbach memo and the order to "frame Oswald" ".

Reading the memo in toto one clearly sees that there is a stated need that Oswald be shown to have acted alone and that he had no Confederates and that all evidence showing such be open to public scrutiny, and that the case would stand up in court.

There's nothing improper in that whatsoever.

Quite the contrary.

It is the non-implementation of this directive in full, and the obvious implications from a failure to being able to do that, that lives on in 'infamy'.

Obviously, one needs no imagination to see that the inference is clear: If such a case cannot be made, then the case for a conspiracy is made. This is what has happened.

The Memo stands today, not acted upon, and is a testament to Katzenbach's integrity.

"Operation Northwoods-would it be fair to say that the assasination was an act of domestic terrorism rather than an accidental act in history?"

eh??? perhaps a restatement of that will make it clear. What does an act of domestic terrorism have to do with Operation Northwoods?

It was an act of domestic terriorist conspiracy, and not an 'acccident'. That's clear, IMO.

"the jacket holes being inches apart, thus discrediting the SBT"

what does the SBT have to do with the jacket holes? I thought it had to do with one bullet zigzagging, hanging a smoko between Kennedy and Connally, then completing a series of wounds, ending up far less damaged than any of the wounds it supposedly caused should reasonably be expected to cause. ie a non issue?

Edited by John Dolva

I am one of those converted LHO guilty advocates. I was a die-hard conspiracy believer until about 1980. I began studying the Kennedy assassintion in earnest following the publication of "November 22, 1963: You are the Jury" however at that time I was more convinced in Josiah Thompson, Mark Lane, and Edward Epstein's views than I was of David Belin's. But the more I read of the assassination and especially the more I read conspiracy-oriented books, "Rush to Judgement," "Six Seconds in Dallas," "Who Killed Kennedy," "They've Killed the President", "The Assassination Tapes," "The Second Oswald" etc... I soon found that these authors didn't really solve the case. In fact they never provided ANY answers. I saw very quickly that conspiracy believers were much better at standing on the sidelilnes and asking question sthan they were in stepping onto the field and providing answers that agreed with logic, common sense, and the known evidence. Then with the findings of the HSCA and the public discredting and embarassment of Jack White for his supposed photographic "expertise" I started to smell a rat. By 1980 I began examining the evidence with an "Oswald Guilty" frame of mind and EVERYTHING suddenly made perfect sense. Questions I had always struggled with now made perfect sense. Questions like the backyard photographs (of which there was no credible evidence of forgery), Oswald's autograph on the back of one of those photographs, Oswald taking the package of "curtain rods" to work, Oswald's unexpected trip to Ruth Paine's house on November 21st, Oswald fleeing the scene after the assassination, Oswald walking/jogging/running seven blocks to catch the very bus that would have stopped across the street from the TSBD, Oswald leaving the bus in a panic when it stalled in traffic, Oswald having the cab driver drop him off four blocks past his North Beckley boarding house, Oswald taking a gun with him after leaving the boarding house, Oswald's shooting of Tippit (which was iron-clad based on the evidence, in my mind), Oswald's attempted murder of Officer McDonald, Oswald's numerous lies while being interrogated, Oswald's failure to implicate any co-conspirators, and Oswald's lies concerning his rifle ownership. When I assumed (hoped) Oswald was innocent, NONE of these facts made any sense. Once I assumed Oswald was guilty, then EVERY single fact in the case made perfect sense. It rang true. Since my conversion EVERY SINGLE conspiracy book has rehashed old material without solving ANYTHING. Points that have been disproven for years are still brought up as if they were brand new. I cannot believe that in over forty years no one in this so-called conspiracy has ever talked. That thought alone boggles rational thought. The later exposure of the chicanery of individuals like the photo-expert fake, Robert Groden, in the Simpson civil trial, only added to Jack White's previous exposure. Revelations of Mark Lane's dishonest handling of Helen Markham's statements, the irrational and ridiculous claims of Zapruder film alteration, all simply were too silly for me to give serious thought. In fact the number of former conspiracy believers who have converted is constantly growing--however I don't seem to know of ANY "LHO-Guilty" devotees who have been converted to the "Conspiracy Nut" camp. There may be some--but I've never heard of even one in my thirty years of Kennedy assassination research.

You left out the part about JACK WHITE BEING YOUR NEMESIS. Please explain.

Jack White

"your nemesis"