He chose not to mention the astronomer who verified this study, but

wrote to me:

"I have just finished a further article on this key matter of the size of the

Sun relative to the Earth.

I am now absolutely sure that the real Sun should be several times smaller

than the Earth, having had confirmation from an astronomer."

Jack

Jack

The only person claiming this is being represented as being the actual size of the sun is you!

This was answered previously a few weeks ago, and I clarifed it in the thread you just posted in. Here it is again, hopefully you won't miss it for a third time. Do you agree that the sun is approximately the size I've indicated?

flare-1.jpg

Dave,

Jack has never shown any interest in posts which invalidate his claims; what makes you think he'll start now?

I doubt Jack will respond, but there may be lurkers out there who see the study on Aulis and take it at face value. If they see my interpretation as well, hopefully they'll have a more balanced view while forming an opinion.

Jack could of course prove me wrong, and explain why he thinks the glare is supposed to be the edge of the sun, when clearly it isn't.

It's a classic example of a strawman argument. In fact, this is one of the most blatant examples I've seen Jack, or anyone else, use. (That's not an insult or a character assassination - it's a statement of fact).

Perhaps at the same time he can explain how this enormous superlight invented by Aulis manages to get itself in front of the LM at one point in this series? And why did they reduce its brightness? And how come the rest of the scene is still evenly illuminated?

http://history.nasa.gov/alsj/a14/AS14-66-9305HR.jpg

http://history.nasa.gov/alsj/a14/AS14-66-9306HR.jpg

as14-flare.jpg

After considering that, perhaps he can explain why all the photos of the sun showing lens flare have flares which lie along an axis through the centre of the lightsource, which is exactly what you would expect if these are flares?

flare.jpg

...at

http://www.aulis.com/sunsize.htm

He chose not to mention the astronomer who verified this study, but

wrote to me:

"I have just finished a further article on this key matter of the size of the

Sun relative to the Earth.

I am now absolutely sure that the real Sun should be several times smaller

than the Earth, having had confirmation from an astronomer."

Jack

This latest "study" as posted on the Aulis website takes ABSURD to new levels.

How big is the sun? White and Percy want you to believe the entire circular whitish area comprises the "sun" in the mentioned photo. That is simply disinformation. As usual neither White or Percy offer any form of proof, instead they only offer "expert opinion" As we have seen time and time again, "expert opinion" from White and Percy is worthless and not based on simple fact.

When photographing the sun the "size" is relative to the amount of lens flare AND the level of exposure. While browsing my archives yesterday on a different task I stumbled upon this series of sun photographs. The camera was on a tripod and the only difference between the frames is the exposure. Clearly the "size" of the sun becomes "smaller" as the exposure decreases and the flare is reduced. The top row of images are the full frames and the bottom are crops of the sun.

Edited by Craig Lamson

Jack ... I checked out the new sun size hoax evidence on Aulis ... Nice job ! ... Too bad your astronomer source has been so intimated by the bad guys , that he's afraid to let us know his name though ...but considering what's at stake , it's perfectly understandable ...

I mean, just look how you're attacked for posting the truth about government conspiracies on this one little forum ... nasa's watchdogs pounce all over you and David both , using almost all of their Tweny Five Ways to Suppress the Truth !!

And Dave , in his zeal to always try to prove you wrong by any means possible , has even posted the photo evidence which proves your point ! ... The fact that the Apollo 'sun' was nothing but a big spotlight .

Edited by Duane Daman

Jack ... I checked out the new sun size hoax evidence on Aulis ... Nice job ! ... Too bad your astronomer source has been so intimated by the bad guys , that he's afraid to let us know his name though ...but considering what's at stake , it's perfectly understandable ...

I mean, just look how you're attacked for posting the truth about government conspiracies on this one little forum ... nasa's watchdogs pounce all over you and David both , using almost all of their Tweny Five Ways to Suppress the Truth !!

And Dave , in his zeal to always try to prove you wrong by any means possible , has even posted the photo evidence which proves your point ! ... The fact that the Apollo 'sun' was nothing but a big spotlight .

All that without once even bothering to address or refute any evidence presented in this thread! I wonder why that is?

Come on Duane, you can do better than that. Look at my explanation for the size of the sun and kindly explain to me where I'm wrong, and why it is actually proof that a spotlight was used.

I look forward to seeing some of your reasoned explanations and lucidly presented analyses, as opposed to rhetoric.

Here's my short "study" showing the approximate sze of the sun. Can you kindly explain where I've got wrong, and why. Size of sun? Lens flare?

Thank you.

flare-1.jpg