The Education Forum

A couple of questions for Charles Drago

Hi Charles,

I was just reading the article you penned, "Hemming Does Dallas" (which I very much enjoyed) and was curious of two points.

The image below appeared in the article and the man standing in the background between Larry DeJoseph and Frank Sturgis was identified as Saul Sage. Can I ask where that ID came from?

Also, in one of the highlights, there was mention made of the 'White Windbreaker Man'. Am I correct in assuming this is the same individual as the so-called 'Dark Complected Man'?

I was curious as he was referred to as 'The Professor'. This was the nickname given to Dennis Harber who was also a linguist and someone that Hemming offerd to Jim Garrison as a person of interest. Harber was white though but my curiosity was piqued when I was able through a contact of mine to put him in the company of General Walker a few days before the assassination.

Is it feasable in your opinion that Hemming was trying to deflect attention away from his friend Felipe Vidal Santiago as being DCM and in the process subtely hinting at Harber's direct involvement?

Any information you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

James

James,

The best I can do:

1. I've not seen an iteration of "Hemming Does Dallas" in which the photo you reproduce is used. Not that it matters, because I'm afraid I can't shed any light on the origins of the ID. Sorry.

2. WWM and DCM are in fact one-and-the-same. All I can offer is what Hemming told me: This character was known among denizens of the Miami exile community as "the professor" insofar as he taught languages in Cuba during the Batista years and later often was utilized as a tutor for the wealthier exiles' kids.

While I don't buy Vidal Santiago as WWM/DCM (FVS bears a striking resemblance to Tom Wilson's rendering of Badgeman -- to my eyes, anyway), I wouldn't put any act of disinformation beyond Hemming.

Prior to your initial post on this thread I wasn't aware of Dennis Harber. What does grab my interest is the fact that Hemming has used the term "the professor" to refer to at least two different individuals.

This sort of thing fits with my sense of Hemming as THE master disinformationalist who goes to his wellspring of dramatis personae whenever the mood (assignment?) calls for it.

By any chance was Harber a veteran of U.S. military service and a divorced father?

Most interesting.

Charles

Edited by Charles Drago

Charles,

Thank you for your reply.

You can see the image in question connected with your article here -

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...bsPageId=222386

I'm afraid I can't tell you much about Harber as he is somewhat of a mystery man. He was an alleged homosexual and an alcoholic. In the months before the assassination he was mixing in the company of Bernardo De Torres, William Seymour, Isidro Borja, Ed Collins and Tom Dunkin.

I can tell you he spent quite some time in Mexico and was involved in a gun running deal in Merida which allegedly also involved Mario Tauler Sague aka Saul Sague aka the Mexico Oswald, hence my interest in the Saul Sague identification.

The Mario Tauler Sague ID as the Mexico Oswald came from several folk involved in the anti-Castro scene in the early 1960's including Gerry Hemming. The same crowd also put Sague amongst the action in Memphis during 1968.

FWIW.

James

• 7 months later...
Charles,

Thank you for your reply.

You can see the image in question connected with your article here -

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...bsPageId=222386

I'm afraid I can't tell you much about Harber as he is somewhat of a mystery man. He was an alleged homosexual and an alcoholic. In the months before the assassination he was mixing in the company of Bernardo De Torres, William Seymour, Isidro Borja, Ed Collins and Tom Dunkin.

I can tell you he spent quite some time in Mexico and was involved in a gun running deal in Merida which allegedly also involved Mario Tauler Sague aka Saul Sague aka the Mexico Oswald, hence my interest in the Saul Sague identification.

The Mario Tauler Sague ID as the Mexico Oswald came from several folk involved in the anti-Castro scene in the early 1960's including Gerry Hemming. The same crowd also put Sague amongst the action in Memphis during 1968.

FWIW.

James

Since the above post, I have discovered that it is highly unlikely that Mario Tauler Sague used the name Saul Sague or was he indeed that individual.

Saul Sague aka Frank Shay aka Saul Siegelbaum was an FBI informant and possessed tattooes on both his forearms. Given this, we can count him out as being the Mexico Oswald.

Mario Tauler Sague on the other hand used several aliases when he returned from Cuba. More to come here.

James

James,

The best I can do:

1. I've not seen an iteration of "Hemming Does Dallas" in which the photo you reproduce is used. Not that it matters, because I'm afraid I can't shed any light on the origins of the ID. Sorry.

2. WWM and DCM are in fact one-and-the-same. All I can offer is what Hemming told me: This character was known among denizens of the Miami exile community as "the professor" insofar as he taught languages in Cuba during the Batista years and later often was utilized as a tutor for the wealthier exiles' kids.

While I don't buy Vidal Santiago as WWM/DCM (FVS bears a striking resemblance to Tom Wilson's rendering of Badgeman -- to my eyes, anyway), I wouldn't put any act of disinformation beyond Hemming.

Prior to your initial post on this thread I wasn't aware of Dennis Harber. What does grab my interest is the fact that Hemming has used the term "the professor" to refer to at least two different individuals.

This sort of thing fits with my sense of Hemming as THE master disinformationalist who goes to his wellspring of dramatis personae whenever the mood (assignment?) calls for it.

By any chance was Harber a veteran of U.S. military service and a divorced father?

Most interesting.

Charles

Charles. Do you have or know anything about these persons or useing these names or known as " J. Haynes" "Juan Carbello", "Bill Pearson" "Joe Westbrook" "Peppe Roman", "Capt. Gilbert Cook"... "Billy Joe Keesy" "Charles Nolette" "Gary Dean Bearing", "Chubby Winer", Blank Pouto (the Snake)", "Justo Carrellio". "Juan (Cecil) Farnandez", and, blank Andras? ? Chrispin. (personal confidentual Research )

Any information on any of these names or background you might know of would be appreciated. Thanks.

Charles. Do you have or know anything about these persons or useing these names or known as " J. Haynes" "Juan Carbello", "Bill Pearson" "Joe Westbrook" "Peppe Roman", "Capt. Gilbert Cook"... "Billy Joe Keesy" "Charles Nolette" "Gary Dean Bearing", "Chubby Winer", Blank Pouto (the Snake)", "Justo Carrellio". "Juan (Cecil) Farnandez", and, blank Andras? ? Chrispin. (personal confidentual Research )

Any information on any of these names or background you might know of would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey Tosh,

I'm swinging and missing here, sorry to say.

I can pull out Pepe San Roman from your list, but whatever I bring to the table on that name is hardly earth-shattering.

But I think I take your larger point. And I'll run this rogue's gallery of names through a private archive to which I have access.

Wish I could be more helpful. In the meantime, what have you got on Roland "Bud" Culligan, "Planner" Kelly, and "Pro" Lerner, if anything?

Where do we come up with these guys?

Tosh,

There was a Bobby Joe Keesee. Same guy you're thinking of?

There is a thread regarding him here.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...4&hl=Keesee

James

Thanks James. Billy Joe or Bobby was also connected with a James Solura (sp) and John Martino, and Mitch Warbell, as well as Bo Gritz (sp) of Laos fame. He did a contract for the mob in Mexico, but can remember the details.... He was also an associate of Wm Pawley and the guy who got blown up on the Chesspeak Bay boat explosion (can't recall his name just now.., Paisely??) He, Billy Joe, once lived in El Paso, Texas and was stationed at Ft Bliss Texas. If this is the same person he stold a few parachutes from the army. Billy was also attatched at JM/WAVE's..., Miami Station in the sixties....

I was told by a source at the Pentagon that Billy Joe was in Dallas on that day, but unable to confirm this. He was also connected with Military INTELL at Dallas Love Field for a brief time... again unable to confirm this at CIA, or Fourth Army (now 5th Army). Billy Joe was 16 when he entered the Army.

Thanks, Tosh. That is most interesting.

When I originally started the thread I was hoping someone had something more on him. I also had heard the Dallas rumors.

Regarding the Capt. Gilbert Cook you mentioned in an earlier post, was this C-Company's Captain Gilbert Cook? He was with construction and I think he was a bricklayer by trade.

James

Hey Tosh,

I'm swinging and missing here, sorry to say.

I can pull out Pepe San Roman from your list, but whatever I bring to the table on that name is hardly earth-shattering.

But I think I take your larger point. And I'll run this rogue's gallery of names through a private archive to which I have access.

Wish I could be more helpful. In the meantime, what have you got on Roland "Bud" Culligan, "Planner" Kelly, and "Pro" Lerner, if anything?

Where do we come up with these guys?

Thanks Charles. I might not have spelled Justo Carrillo (friend of Miro Koley again spelling from memory forgive) right (Car reel i o) I will be back in the USA in a day or two and will get more info for you via private email if that is O.K. Joe Westbrook also was known as Rosales on his mother's side. Also he associated with Chromon (sp) (1957 era) can't remember first name off hand. There were two others "Marquesto" and "Carlos" Carlos later went with Omega-7 and was associated with Bosch. 'Marquesto was thrown out of an aircraft over the Florida Strights, by Carlos. They were known by the Dallas Cubans and the gun running affair out of Dallas... nothing to do with Dallas and JFK. That sort of got pinned on that group by sloppy research and dis information experts. (not from me as some might like to chim in, I'm sure) Again Thanks

P.S. I have heard two of your names in various investigations in Miami Dade County, but I too draw a blank... If I said what I think and was wrong then I would be fed to the wolves... if you get my drift. Bud Culligan (Callahand perhaps)

Planner-pro-- "Little Boy" ??? mean anything?

I think those names might be 'Cut Outs' or not related directly to OPS. could be wrong ..., just a fuz memory at this point....

Edited by William Plumlee

Thanks, Tosh. That is most interesting.

When I originally started the thread I was hoping someone had something more on him. I also had heard the Dallas rumors.

Regarding the Capt. Gilbert Cook you mentioned in an earlier post, was this C-Company's Captain Gilbert Cook? He was with construction and I think he was a bricklayer by trade.

James

Same guy... I think not sure about his civ trade.... he was an associate of Ed Seiwell... and was atattched from 4th Army to or worked with ONI at Hensley Field Naval Air Station. (INTEL) He also had many friends at Dallas PD and I was told some years ago that he got Rosco White his job at DPD. (second hand verbal) AND too, that he and Ed Walker used to drink at the 'Rainbow Gardens' and the 'Starlite Club' in Dallas and met with some motorcycle cops at Austins Bar BQ in Oak Cliff. (Tommy Pugh and others) He was a close friend of "Candy Barr", or knew her..., again hear say. (But from players in the Dallas scean) Not sure if Ruby fits in hear... that could be a leap.... I would like to know if he (Cook) is still alive.

Edited by William Plumlee

Tosh,

Yep, you're right. Connected to Seiwell.

Cook was indeed associated with Roscoe White although I don't know how influential he was getting him a job with the DPD.

When you first mentioned Cook, I went a bit bug eyed as I had never heard him mentioned before by anyone and thought I was the only one on his tail. There are also some interesting associations between Cook and some others firmly entrenched with what happened in Dallas.

This is him below.

FWIW.

James

Tosh,

Yep, you're right. Connected to Seiwell.

Cook was indeed associated with Roscoe White although I don't know how influential he was getting him a job with the DPD.

When you first mentioned Cook, I went a bit bug eyed as I had never heard him mentioned before by anyone and thought I was the only one on his tail. There are also some interesting associations between Cook and some others firmly entrenched with what happened in Dallas.

This is him below.

FWIW.

James

He was my CO at Texas National Guard, Dallas Love Field and got me into Army Intel. You amaze me on where you get your pictures... I do respect your sources. ( Capt.John K. Gilbert Cook ) Also do you have anything on Lt. Charles (?) Brannon

I will be back in the USA in a day or two and will get more info for you via private email if that is O.K.

Private correspondence is A-OK.

Our mutual attorney friend in Texas has my e-mail address, and I'll make sure you get it from that source.

Thanks... I am in transit... so if there is a delay.. not to worry..... I understand more released documents (declassified "Olive Branch") are to be released next month? Not sure if this is true but the source has been right before. Take care.