I will send you the image in question by email. You may post it with my

permission.

Thanks.

Jack

Jack,

:idea Extraordinary! In a nautical mood, salt seas & white whales breaching:

Thar she blows!!

white_moorfencepistolman.jpg

Very interesting, indeed. Now, to some analysis, of course. Will post same in due course. :)

To anticipate the inevitable "perspective" criticism & to preempt same, I'll ask you & EBC & Duncan

for opinions (on perspective & dimension) in time so you can address opinions directly back to me,

thus skirting obstacles & avoiding conflict.

I'll be glad to post any other images you care to post inter alia, as you like it.

Miles

I JUST POSTED A REPLY TO THIS AND IT DISAPPEARED WITHOUT REACHING THE FORUM;

TRYING AGAIN)

Thanks for posting the image, but you failed to post the text I requested you to post with it:

Miles...you may post this if you wish with the following text:

Miles: This is the image I mentioned. I made an 8x10 from a

tiny cropped area of a good Moorman negative, looking for a

shooter in the "acoustics area" found by the HSCA. I did this

in the 1980s, not recently. It shows what possibly could be

a man with a pistol in his hand, and a possible puff of

smoke obscuring part of the treetrunk. I do not advocate this

as a theory...I present it only as one of my studies from

over twenty years ago from a good Moorman negative. Thanks

for your assistance.

Jack

I will be glad to discuss the image on the forum, but not in

private emails.

Jack

Jack (EBC, Duncan, Bernice),

Before considering your study:

A few quick images (thx to posters) with a few adjustments:

In image 1 is the blurred object the hat (fedora?) as seen in red outline in image 4?

1.) ShooterDPDhat.jpg

In image 2 is the long red arrow running along the top crown indention or crease of the hat (fedora?)?

2.) ShooterDPDhat2.jpg

Where is the hat in image 3?

3.) MillerHatman2.gif

Is the hat (fedora?) outlined in red in image 4? (pardon shaky pencil) What is the little pinkish spot

pointed to by the green arrow? Should it be there? Would not the hat have blocked light passage and/or

reflection and/or refraction at this locus?

4.) MillerHatman3.gif

Miles

Edited by Miles Scull

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the hat (fedora?) outlined in red in image 4? (pardon shaky pencil) What is the little pinkish spot

pointed to by the green arrow? Should it be there? Would not the hat have blocked light passage and/or

reflection and/or refraction at this locus?

Yes, that is the fedora outline that has been labeled Hat Man. Jack has called the Dallas sky seen over the fence - "smoke". As was posted in the past on this forum ... Josiah Thompson went to the plaza many years ago and went to Moorman's location to see if anything in the trees or RR yard could account for that hat shape and Josiah found it to not be there. Josiah's conclusion was that it could have been someone seen in Moorman's photo who left the area after the shooting.

I am however puzzled ... hasn't Jack said that he believed Ed Hoffman? Ed saw one man near the fence and that man had on a hat. The other man that Bowers spoke of had been seen about 15 feet or so away.

Bill

Edited by Bill Miller

'Bill Miller' wrote:

Yes, that is the fedora outline that has been labeled Hat Man. Jack has called the Dallas sky seen over the fence - "smoke". As was posted in the past on this forum ... Josiah Thompson went to the plaza many years ago and went to Moorman's location to see if anything in the trees or RR yard could account for that hat shape and Josiah found it to not be there. Josiah's conclusion was that it could have been someone seen in Moorman's photo who left the area after the shooting.

[...]

The sky as smoke has what do to with Hatman, again? Never learn do ya?

WHEN (date and time please) did Thompson go to Dealey Plaza-Mary Moorman's position and determine the above? Did Thompson inform Gary Mack of his findings, if so, has Gary Mack acknowledge same?

WHEN (date and time please) did Thompson go to Dealey Plaza-Mary Moorman's position and determine the above? Did Thompson inform Gary Mack of his findings, if so, has Gary Mack acknowledge same?

David, this has been posted on before - an extensive forum search on either this forum or Lancer's should be of some help.

And yes, Gary Mack is aware of Thompson taking his test photo. I think Gary was the first person years ago to tell me about it. In fact, I think Josiah covered the Hat Man in his book "Six Seconds in Dallas".

Bill

Guest Eugene B. Connolly

Thx for your images. Much appreciated & saved immediately. (A side note: I'm not replying

to Miller's posts which are efforts to pick quarrels. And I requested of Miller not to reply to my

posts nor to quote from my posts. This is done to reduce conflict. This is done in compliance

with Mr. Simkin's stated desire that members endeavor to maintain high standards of scholarly

comportment at all times with a view toward the Forum's good reputation. I hope Miller will

respect my requests. Eugene, if I may, I recommend this policy. Your call, of course.)

Miles,

Glad to hear the images are of use to your research.

Please view the image below. I hope it helps.

Thank you for your words of advice.

I appreciate the route you have taken

as regards Miller. However, I am of the opinion that

Miller is one of those rare individuals who

isn't even worth ignoring.

Thanks again.

Eugene

Thx for your images. Much appreciated & saved immediately. (A side note: I'm not replying

to Miller's posts which are efforts to pick quarrels. And I requested of Miller not to reply to my

posts nor to quote from my posts. This is done to reduce conflict. This is done in compliance

with Mr. Simkin's stated desire that members endeavor to maintain high standards of scholarly

comportment at all times with a view toward the Forum's good reputation. I hope Miller will

respect my requests. Eugene, if I may, I recommend this policy. Your call, of course.)

Miles,

Glad to hear the images are of use to your research.

Please view the image below. I hope it helps.

Thank you for your words of advice.

I appreciate the route you have taken

as regards Miller. However, I am of the opinion that

Miller is one of those rare individuals who

isn't even worth ignoring.

Thanks again.

Eugene

EBC,

Thx for this image. Have saved it & am working on it.

On your other point: :sun

Miles