The Education Forum

Who wants to play: "HIDE THE KEY"

Thanks Tom,

I think your first few sentences are pretty clear.

chris

Chris;

This too has always given me problems.

Especially since it is virtually in the exact vicinity of where the third shot was.

http://www.assassinationresearch.com/zfilm/z341.jpg

Tom,

I think the problem first arises from MPI mislabeling frame 342 as 341, and then forgets to include 341? Just another coincidence.

But wait, there is something about the curb that doesn't seem right.

When we put in a somewhat discernable frame 341, and take a look at the crack in the curb, it appears to change angles.

How can that be?

I've got it, he changed camera angles in 1/18 of a second.

Is the "jig" up????

thanks

chris

crack in the curb

CONSTRUCTION JOINTS!

Generally at regular intervals/distances and represent the beginning and/or ending point of the form which holds a monolithic/single pouring of concrete forming the concrete curb and concrete gutter portion of the street prior to any asphalt or concrete pavement being poured for the street itself.

Poured in these often 8' to 10' lengths for ease of construction as well as to prevent shrinkage cracking of the concrete.

And although most succeeding joints are normally poured with concrete abutting concrete, at given intervals, what is referred to as an "expansion joint" is included into the pouring.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Tom,

chris

Chris;

Especially since it is virtually in the exact vicinity of where the third shot was.

Tom,

I think the problem first arises from MPI mislabeling frame 342 as 341, and then forgets to include 341? Just another coincidence.

When we put in a somewhat discernable frame 341, and take a look at the crack in the curb, it appears to change angles.

How can that be?

Is the "jig" up????

thanks

chris

crack in the curb

CONSTRUCTION JOINTS!

Generally at regular intervals/distances and represent the beginning and/or ending point of the form which holds a monolithic/single pouring of concrete forming the concrete curb and concrete gutter portion of the street prior to any asphalt or concrete pavement being poured for the street itself.

Poured in these often 8' to 10' lengths for ease of construction as well as to prevent shrinkage cracking of the concrete.

And although most succeeding joints are normally poured with concrete abutting concrete, at given intervals, what is referred to as an "expansion joint" is included into the pouring.

Expansion Joint!!!

I guess a little better description in the construction trade than "crack in the curb". Possibly a crack in my brain, also.

Thanks Tom.

I took the liberty of filming an expansion joint on a normal street.

I chose two frames that were about 5 frames apart, to show a little camera movement.

chris

Thanks Tom,

chris

Chris;

Tom,

How can that be?

Is the "jig" up????

thanks

chris

crack in the curb

CONSTRUCTION JOINTS!

Expansion Joint!!!

I guess a little better description in the construction trade than "crack in the curb". Possibly a crack in my brain, also.

Thanks Tom.

I took the liberty of filming an expansion joint on a normal street.

I chose two frames that were about 5 frames apart, to show a little camera movement.

chris

As indicated, a regular construction joint represents where a new pouring is made directly against the hardened concrete of a previous pouring.

An "Expansion Joint" has a fiberboard material, usually 1/2-inch to 5/8-inch thick inserted against the hardened joint, and also normally has a smooth steel rod dowell which is poured into the concrete and connects between the two successive pourings.

The fiberboard materials allows the concrete to expand and contract against the fiber, thus decreasing the potential for cracking of the concrete due to thermal expansion and force against uncompressible force.

So, Expansion Joints are usually far more noticeable than just normal construction joints as they are wider and usually have a black fiber in them.

Newer methods now allow for pouring of long sections of curb and gutter, then as soon as the concrete has set, one comes back in with a blade saw and literelly "cuts" the concrete to form what is referred to as a "crack control joint", which allows the concrete to actually shrink and crack below that area where the smooth cut can be seen.

It is normal practice to fill these cut-crack control joints with some type of silicone sealant which also allows for expansion and contraction.

Too much information again???

• 2 weeks later...

Good info in this thread...sorry I missed the discussion while it was "live."

Let's "bump" it, and see what happens.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep!

One never knows when they may want to give up their job as a Kennedy Assassination "researcher" and get a real job inspecting concrete pouring of curb & gutter sections of street work.

Good to hear from you Mark!

In event that there was anything which you missed (attachments or whatever), let me know and I will make an attempt to dig it out and repost it.

Any questions?????

Any Comments???

Criticism's neither allowed or accepted!

Tom

P.S. For all

The West Survey Plats as well as copies of his survey notes are scheduled to be on display in the Lucedale, MS Public Library through the month of November, 2007.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep!

One never knows when they may want to give up their job as a Kennedy Assassination "researcher" and get a real job inspecting concrete pouring of curb & gutter sections of street work.

In event that there was anything which you missed (attachments or whatever), let me know and I will make an attempt to dig it out and repost it.

Any questions?????

Any Comments???

Tom

P.S. For all

The West Survey Plats as well as copies of his survey notes are scheduled to be on display in the Lucedale, MS Public Library through the month of November, 2007.

Well Mark!

I would suppose that either everyone understands it all or else that they are so confused that they do not know what question to ask next.

Nevertheless, I personally would take particular note of the correlative accuracy in comparison of the Z312/313 hit to the head as well as the Z255 location which is demonstrated when one compares the WC/West survey data with that of the Drommer survey work for the HSCA.

This separate work verifies and indicates that one can actually believe the WC in this aspect of their survey work.

And, since the SS work of 12/5/63 is virtually the same for the Z312/313 impact, then we now have three items of comparison which in fact all compliment each other.

Yep!

Any questions?????

Any Comments???

Tom

P.S. For all

Well Mark!

I would suppose that either everyone understands it all or else that they are so confused that they do not know what question to ask next.

Nevertheless, I personally would take particular note of the correlative accuracy in comparison of the Z312/313 hit to the head as well as the Z255 location which is demonstrated when one compares the WC/West survey data with that of the Drommer survey work for the HSCA.

This separate work verifies and indicates that one can actually believe the WC in this aspect of their survey work.

And, since the SS work of 12/5/63 is virtually the same for the Z312/313 impact, then we now have three items of comparison which in fact all compliment each other.

Which!

By the pure nature of the accuracies of the above works should make one question the exact rationale of the previous WC work back when they utilized the "Adjusted Position"; the 10-inch higher aiming elevation/aiming point; pushing the re-enactment vehicle forward/ farther down Elm St. to achieve the line-of-sight through the rifle/re-enactment camera; etc; etc; etc.

Just as a "hint"!

It also has to do with "jacked up" rifle firing positions in the sixth floor window:

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/jfkinfo3/exhibits/ce887.jpg

Nobody could have accurately fired that rifle the way that they had it "jacked" up in the window".

Mr. Robert West to Tom Purvis, in the home of Mr. West in Dallas, Tx in the early 1990's.

and just exactly what may have inteferred with the Line-of-Sight & Line-of-Flight had the rifle been placed down onto the window ledge and the true aiming point elevation of the head of JFK been utilized to make the re-enactment photo's.

Anybody got a "Big Hurrah" for TREE LIMB?

Which by the way, members of the WC re-enactment group cut and removed from the top of the Live Oak tree the day after having completed the WC re-enactment.