The Education Forum

Jim Garrison

Excellent, thank you Tom.

Copied from Moorman Topic.

"Do you think that Jim Garrison was voted into office in New Orleans based on the "Honor & Integrity" as demonstrated in the movie JFK??????????????

Jim Garrison:

1. Tulane Graduate

2. Member of the "Boston Club" of New Orleans

3. Associated (somewhat) with the REX Organization of New Orleans

4. Former FBI Agent.

All this, and yet he could not find that LHO's relatives worked for a major Law Firm in New Orleans which was directly descended from the person in whose home Jefferson Davis died?

Whose son was a major factor in the fight to prevent desegragation of Tulane

Whose other son was a co-founder of the stockbrokerage firm of Fenner & Beane/later Merril, Lynch, Pierce, Fenner, & Beane

Whose co-partner is this firm with LHO's relatives was an attorney who had been the attorney of record for the United Fruit Company, and was engaged in certain activities related to the overthrow of the Guatemalan Goverment by United Fruit.

Please excuse me while I puke!

The "Garrison" in the movie "JFK" may have waved the american flag and handed out apple pie, but the true Garrison in New Orleans, LA was not the same individual.

Tom."

Among many other items which good ole boy "Jimbo" forgot to tell us was the fact that Jack Martin was his employee, as well as the fact that funds utilized to investigate the "Clay Shaw" conspiracy also went to support "non-profit" organizations which were utilized for this investigation.

My, oh My, I think I found a rotten apple in the pie!

Kind of reminds me of the SBT as well as THE SHOT THAT MISSED.

Certainly glad that I never fell for any of it, to include the "flag waving" of the movie JFK.

Name: "GARRISON-INTELLIGENCE-AGENCY" (INCORPORATED)

Type Entity: Non-Profit Corporation

Mailing Address: 1836 ESPLANADE AVE., PO BOX 30, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

Domicile Address: 1836 ESPLANADE AVE., PO BOX 30, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

File Date: 12/01/1967

Registered Agent (Appointed 12/01/1967): HON. JIM GARRISON, 4600 OWENS DR., NEW ORLEANS, LA 70122

Registered Agent (Appointed 12/01/1967): HON. THOMAS J. BAUMLER, JR., 611 ESPLANADE AVE., NEW ORLEANS, LA 70116

Registered Agent (Appointed 12/01/1967): J. S. MARTIN, 1836 ESPLANADE AVE., NEW ORLEANS, LA 70116

(IMO:) "JFK", as a movie, is undoubtedly excellent, with a stellar cast and absolutely superb acting, particularly by Costner and so many other notables. (I particularly liked Goodman and 'the odd couple's performances). Pesci was superb. The script dramatic and engaging. The directing and editing tight and engaging.

One doesn't have to 'like' or 'dislike' a movie to recognise its qualities. It did what it did with panache. ie., a movie that achieves its aim is by definition ''good", worthy of Awards. (Southerland was (IMO) at his best)

However, watching it a number of times, one starts to notice assorted 'sleights of hand', not unlike as in parts of the WC Report, Hearings and Exhibits.

Streams of logic are broken by a dramatic script and skillful timing, directing, and editing, and one is steered down a particular path, without, at first look, noticing the 'skips'.

It's a great movie, and as such very influential.

It's important to have a topic that looks at Jim, NOT as Costner, and devoid of the directorial artistic licence, but as the real man, as he was, and the times he was in, and the places and associates he did have, and all the little and large details that are largely unknown.

Tom, I wonder if you can definintely, or not, lay to rest a specualtion of Jim as referred to as 'Giant' and that word as used within KKK hierarchical vernacular?

Edited by John Dolva

(IMO:) "JFK", as a movie, is undoubtedly excellent, with a stellar cast and absolutely superb acting, particularly by Costner and so many other notables. (I particularly liked Goodman and 'the odd couple's performances). Pesci was superb. The script dramatic and engaging. The directing and editing tight and engaging.

One doesn't have to 'like' or 'dislike' a movie to recognise its qualities. It did what it did with panache. ie., a movie that achieves its aim is by definition ''good", worthy of Awards. (Southerland was (IMO) at his best)

However, watching it a number of times, one starts to notice assorted 'sleights of hand', not unlike as in parts of the WC Report, Hearings and Exhibits.

Streams of logic are broken by a dramatic script and skillful timing, directing, and editing, and one is steered down a particular path, without, at first look, noticing the 'skips'.

It's a great movie, and as such very influential.

It's important to have a topic that looks at Jim, NOT as Costner, and devoid of the directorial artistic licence, but as the real man, as he was, and the times he was in, and the places and associates he did have, and all the little and large details that are largely unknown.

Tom, I wonder if you can definintely, or not, lay to rest a specualtion of Jim as referred to as 'Giant' and that word as used within KKK hierarchical vernacular?

John;

You confuse the KKK with the "Invisible Empire".

If it is Invisible, then one does not see or normally hear of it.

The KKK was merely the "visible" part of the Invisible Empire.

That part made up of everything from just good ole boys to out and out dumb asses who could be manipulated and lead to commit the hate crimes which were passed down to them.

They were also dumb enough to be frequently caught and on occassion punished.

They were also dumb enough to be frequently infiltrated by the FBI and others designated to spy on them.

The actual "Invisible" aspects were those organizations such as the Knights of the White Camelia, etc;. who were far to removed above the actual Klan to have been caught in their activities.

Not unlike ENRON activities on the golf course, the Invisible Empire activities too place behind closed doors such as one would find at the Boston Club over a game of Whist.

Or cleverly disguised as Carnival activities such as REX and it's Ball, etc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.tulanelink.com/tulanelink/oldlinefamilies_box.htm

More than a few people in Uptown, the fashionable district surrounding St. Charles Ave., have ancestors who arrived here in the 1700s. High society is still dominated by these old-line families, represented today by prominent figures such as former New Orleans Board of Trade President Thomas Westfeldt; Richard Freeman, scion of the family that long owned the city's Coca-Cola bottling plant; and William Boatner Reily, owner of a Louisiana coffee company. Their social pecking order is dictated by the mysterious hierarchy of "krewes," groups with hereditary membership that participate in the annual carnival leading up to Mardi Gras.

However, it took a virtual geneological check in order to qualify for these backroom/boardroom positions, and even with that if one were found to betray the principles of the organization then they were considered to be even worse than those who were the target of their activities.

http://www.bestofneworleans.com/dispatch/2...1-16/blake.html

(might I recommed an extremely close reading of this)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Historical Note

According to Mohr and Gordon [1], Barbara Marie Guillory and Pearlie Hardin Elloie were among the first black students approved for admission to Tulane for the spring semester of 1963. Although registration of the black students was not marked by any disturbance, the press release by Joseph Merrick Jones was followed by a tragic incident.

Jones, who was president of the Administrators of the Tulane Educational Fund, had announced that black students would be admitted to Tulane beginning in February of 1963. On March 11, 1963, Jones and his wife were killed in a fire that swept his suburban home in Metairie. The cause of the blaze was never determined [2].

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alan, I'm not sure what 'anger' you are referring to.

Permit me to hazard a guess, please: a topic that aims to find a wholistic view of Jim, the man, and not the myth, (much of which has to do with the movie JFK) may in the process reveal aspects that may be uncomfortable to assimilate if one sees Jim as a person in contrary ways. The revelation of the uncomfortable aspect may then be seen as a product of 'anger'? Or it may cause people reading it to feel anger within themselves? The whole assassination issue is replete with incomplete views of significant persons. I suppose, at times, that in itself may make one feel some anger but often it's just frustration.

I read thru the thread but I cannot find anything bad about Garrison himself, so can someone explain to me where this anger is coming from?

PM me if you prefer.

Alan

I don't know if this answers your question, but I'll have a bash at it:

For some reason, the research community is often very polarized about Garrison. To some, he is a hero who, whatever shortcomings he may have had, had the guts to expose the conspiracy. To those people, any criticism of Garrison or his case elicits anger. To others, Garrison was a bad or confused person who mounted an ill-conceived prosecution and brought our community to disrespect. To those people, any praise of Garrison or his case elicits anger. Both sides seem incapable of discussing the case without resorting to sarcasm and/or accusations.

I read thru the thread but I cannot find anything bad about Garrison himself, so can someone explain to me where this anger is coming from?

PM me if you prefer.

Alan

For some reason, the research community is often very polarized about Garrison. To some, he is a hero who, whatever shortcomings he may have had, had the guts to expose the conspiracy. To those people, any criticism of Garrison or his case elicits anger. To others, Garrison was a bad or confused person who mounted an ill-conceived prosecution and brought our community to disrespect. To those people, any praise of Garrison or his case elicits anger. Both sides seem incapable of discussing the case without resorting to sarcasm and/or accusations.

And then!

To some of us who know a little more than most regarding the political structure of New Orleans, LA, Garrison was a purely political entity who, completely unknowning to himself, was, not unlike many multiple assassin chasers, led down the merry ole rabbit hole and created a lot of diversionary smoke without really knowing exactly who it was that was either lit or was fueling the fire.

Rest assured, someone extremely "close to home" blew smoke up Big Jim's derriere and convinced him that he was in fact "On the Trail of the Assassin" and that he would no doubt be the first true American Hero to solve this little puzzle.

Plus the fact that he was not above making a buck or two off it with his "Garrison Intelligence Agency"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Garrison

On March 1, 1967, Garrison had businessman Clay Shaw arrested, charging him with being part of a conspiracy in the John F. Kennedy assassination

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_of_Clay_Shaw

On January 29, 1969, Clay Shaw was brought to trial on these charges

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Registered Agent (Appointed 12/01/1967): HON. JIM GARRISON, 4600 OWENS DR., NEW ORLEANS, LA 70122

Registered Agent (Appointed 12/01/1967): HON. THOMAS J. BAUMLER, JR., 611 ESPLANADE AVE., NEW ORLEANS, LA 70116

Registered Agent (Appointed 12/01/1967): J. S. MARTIN, 1836 ESPLANADE AVE., NEW ORLEANS, LA 70116

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack Martin — came forward the day after the assassination with a variety of tales about Dave Ferrie, such as the claim that Ferrie "may have hypnotized Oswald and planted a post-hypnotic suggestion that he kill the President." Martin, born Edward Stewart Suggs, was a diagnosed sociopath and admitted alcoholic with a rap sheet and a history of furnishing false information to the authorities, and he nursed a burning grudge against former pal Dave Ferrie. [13]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, one can assume quite correctly that Jack Martin/aka J.S. Martin/aka Edward S. Suggs, managed to secure employment for himself for a couple of years with this.

Name: TELL ENTERPRISES, INCORPORATED, WILLIAM

Type Entity: Business Corporation

2006 Annual Report/Reinstatement form is required in order to reinstate Print Annual Report/Reinstatement Form For Filing

Mailing Address: 540 CAMP ST, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

Domicile Address: 540 CAMP ST, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

File Date: 09/15/1961

Registered Agent (Appointed 12/01/1967): J. S. MARTIN, 1836 1/2 ESPLANADE A, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70116

Registered Agent (Appointed 12/01/1967): FLOSSIE L. CARTER, 112U EIGHTH ST, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70123

PM me if you prefer.

Alan

And then!

To some of us who know a little more than most regarding the political structure of New Orleans, LA, Garrison was a purely political entity who, completely unknowning to himself, was, not unlike many multiple assassin chasers, led down the merry ole rabbit hole and created a lot of diversionary smoke without really knowing exactly who it was that was either lit or was fueling the fire.

Rest assured, someone extremely "close to home" blew smoke up Big Jim's derriere and convinced him that he was in fact "On the Trail of the Assassin" and that he would no doubt be the first true American Hero to solve this little puzzle.

Plus the fact that he was not above making a buck or two off it with his "Garrison Intelligence Agency"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Garrison

On March 1, 1967, Garrison had businessman Clay Shaw arrested, charging him with being part of a conspiracy in the John F. Kennedy assassination

On January 29, 1969, Clay Shaw was brought to trial on these charges

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack Martin — came forward the day after the assassination with a variety of tales about Dave Ferrie, such as the claim that Ferrie "may have hypnotized Oswald and planted a post-hypnotic suggestion that he kill the President." Martin, born Edward Stewart Suggs, was a diagnosed sociopath and admitted alcoholic with a rap sheet and a history of furnishing false information to the authorities, and he nursed a burning grudge against former pal Dave Ferrie. [13]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, one can assume quite correctly that Jack Martin/aka J.S. Martin/aka Edward S. Suggs, managed to secure employment for himself for a couple of years with this.

Name: TELL ENTERPRISES, INCORPORATED, WILLIAM

Type Entity: Business Corporation

2006 Annual Report/Reinstatement form is required in order to reinstate Print Annual Report/Reinstatement Form For Filing

Mailing Address: 540 CAMP ST, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

Domicile Address: 540 CAMP ST, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130

File Date: 09/15/1961

Registered Agent (Appointed 12/01/1967): J. S. MARTIN, 1836 1/2 ESPLANADE A, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70116

Registered Agent (Appointed 12/01/1967): FLOSSIE L. CARTER, 112U EIGHTH ST, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70123

I loved the film aslo, but was stretched in areas. I recently got a copy of the "directors cut" version of JFK. This version goes into alot of areas, and explains alot of things that arent in the "released version" seen in theaters. Anyone who appreciates the film, needs to watch the "directors cut" version, to really appreciate what wasnt shown. One thing great about the film was that it renewed alot of interest in the case, back in '91, and got alot of people looking into the case that never had, and I believe that more was uncovered because of this. As I said, I beleive it was "stretched in areas", and there was alot in the movie which was incorrect. Another point is that Garrison never looked at Carlos Marcello, or took any significant interest in him. Anyone looking into the case, cannot overlook the fact of Marcellos involvement, not just in the case, but in the dealings in New "Awlens". Not much was ever done in or around N.O. in the underworld, without going through Marcello. To overlook his involvement, is very suspicious indeed. For Garrison to avoid him the way he did, as far as his case went, stinks of another conspiracy in my opinion. Just my opinion FWIW.-smitty