The Education Forum

Lee Harvey Oswald

Tonight I listened to 3 samples of LHO's voice The first audio sounded like a person to whom English was a second language, and in this audio you can detect a British -- not American -- accent. This was in 1961. He's supposedly trying to teach a Russian friend English. Two years later, he was speaking better English, but it was the same voice and the same man who had been in Russia.

http://www.russianbooks.org/oswald/video/oswald-bb.htm

www.jfk-online.com/jfkaudio.html

In mid-summer 1963, Oswald appeared on 2 radio shows. It was the same man talking, the Russian Oswald. But Oswald spoke English better now. There was no way "Harvey" could have been an American, in my opinion.

I think Harvey was really Russian. When he came "back" from Russia, he had a manufactured family already, meaning his "mother," the old Margarite and a "brother," Robert Oswald. He was not blood related to them. He brought his Russian bride to America and had 2 children with her. In my opinion, when they exhumed Harvey, the head was not attached, or it was attached by gluey matter, according to someone who examined the body. This gluey stuff might have been manufactured to look real, or it didn't exist. They left the body alone, but tested the head. Evidently it was Harvey's head, unless they lied. So do we have Lee's body? The crypt showed signs of disturbance. Lee helped set up Harvey. But he knew the secret. He might have been as stupid as Harvey and was rubbed out.

Lee Oswald already existed in America, imo. But we've never heard his voice and we don't know what happened to him after the Assassination. The last we saw him, he had gotten into a car driven by another person and sped off. So who is Donald O. Norton? John Armstrong spent a lot of time chasing after him. If we could hear Norton's voice...

Let me say, I started this thread because the search engine doesn't work for me. It kept coming back to the current page or went to an error page. I tried different keywords; nothing helped. So I'm sorry if someone started a similar thread and I couldn't get access to it.

Kathy

Edited by Kathleen Collins

Speaking of voices, yesterday I saw a Court TV show about the trial of an abortion doctor who had killed his wife. One piece of evidence against him was the testimony of an expert in voice stress analysis who said there was insufficient emotion in his voice when he called 911 to report the "discovery" of his wife's body.

Query what a modern voice stress analysist could do re Oswald's voices as well as the statements he made after his arrest.

Kathleen Collins Posted Today, 04:51 AM

Tonight I listened to 3 samples of LHO's voice The first audio sounds like a person to whom English is a second language and in this audio you can detect a British -- not American -- accent. This was in 1961. Two years later, he was speaking better English, but it was the same voice and the same man who had been in Russia.

http://www.russianbooks.org/oswald/video/oswald-bb.htm

www.jfk-online/jfkaudio.html

In mid-summer 1963, Oswald was on 2 radio shows. They were of the same man talking, as the Russian Oswald. But Oswald spoke English better. There was no way "Harvey" could have been an American.

I think Harvey was really Russian. When he came "back" from Russia, he had a manufactured family already, meaning his "mother," the old Margarite and a "brother," Robert Oswald. He was not blood related to them. He brought his Russian bride to America and had 2 children with her. In my opinion, when they exhumed Harvey, the head was not attached, or it was attached by gluey matter, according to someone who examined the body. This gluey stuff might have been manufactured to look real, or it didn't exist. They left the body alone, but tested the head. Evidently it was Harvey's head. So do we have Lee's body? The crypt showed signs of disturbance. Lee helped set up Harvey. But he knew the secret. He might have been as stupid as Harvey and was rubbed out.

Lee Oswald already existed in America, imo. But we've never heard his voice and we don't know what happened to him after the Assassination. So who is Donald O. Norton? John Armstrong spent a lot of time chasing after him. If we could hear Norton's voice...

Let me say, I started this thread because the search engine doesn't work for me. It kept coming back to the current page or went to an error page. I tried different keywords; nothing helped. So I'm sorry if someone started a similar thread and I couldn't get access to it.

Kathy

Kathy,

thanks for posting this.

Interesting issue.

here's the correct url for the recordings:

http://www.jfk-online.com/jfkaudio.html

John wrote:

"Good question Tim, I also wonder if a study could be conducted of Oswald's voice in these two tapes and whether they are the same person. I will take a look around for some people in that field."

And how about Oswald's recorded debate in NO? Could not a voice stress analysist determine if the views being espoused by LHO were actually held by him?

John wrote:

"Good question Tim, I also wonder if a study could be conducted of Oswald's voice in these two tapes and whether they are the same person. I will take a look around for some people in that field."

And how about Oswald's recorded debate in NO? Could not a voice stress analysist determine if the views being espoused by LHO were actually held by him?

Determining if known recordings of Oswald's voice originated from the same person might be less problematic than determining whether or not the recordings indicated deception.

As most members know, in 1975 George O'Toole published The Assassination Tapes (An Electronic Probe into the Murder of John F. Kennedy and the Dallas Coverup). O'Toole devotes an entire chapter to "The Man Who Did Not Kill The President." To the best of my knowledge, O'Toole did not discuss analysis of the New Orleans recordings of Oswald. In the book, O'Toole spends several pages noting opposition to the Psychological Stress Evaluator by the American Polygraph Association. Four decades later, their opposition to that technology still exists:

http://www.polygraph.org/voicestress.cfm

Edited by Michael Hogan

Thanks for this Kathleen. Was Oswald putting on the voice? He did some role playing in Minsk did he not?

If he is not role playing, this is very telling.

John

No. The Russian tape is a real man's voice. Supposedly he's reading something to a Russian friend to try to teach him English. I think he was just practicing. It was the weirdest accent I ever heard. It sounded like he had learned English from the British. And in 1963 he sounded better. It was the same voice you hear on the videos of Oswald speaking while in police custody.

I edited my original post for grammatical errors.

Kathy

John wrote:

There are 4 sources that I know of to hear LHO's voice. The Russian tape in 1961 (Kennedy had just been inaugurated); the 2 radio interviews in 1963; and when he was in custody in the Dallas police station.

When he was handing out FPCC flyers, I don't recall if his voice was recorded at all on that occasion. I wonder what his first language was -- Hungarian or Russian? In the Russian tape, you know he's not speaking English correctly; it's like he was learning it.

According to (I know, everybody hates him) Norman Mailer, Marina said his Russian wasn't too good when she met him but he was improving. If this is true, than Russian might have been another language he had to learn. What was his first language -- Hungarian? -- as the Oswalds were supposedly Hungarian. Whatever the combination, you have to listen to that Russian tape. It's so weird.

Kathy

Mike wrote:

"As most members know, in 1975 George O'Toole published The Assassination Tapes (An Electronic Probe into the Murder of John F. Kennedy and the Dallas Coverup). O'Toole devotes an entire chapter to "The Man Who Did Not Kill The President." To the best of my knowledge, O'Toole did not discuss analysis of the New Orleans recordings of Oswald. In the book, O'Toole spends several pages noting opposition to the Psychological Stress Evaluator by the American Polygraph Association. Four decades later, their opposition to that technology still exists:

http://www.polygraph.org/voicestress.cfm"

It is interesting that in the court murder trial that was shown on the Court TV program I believe the expert who conducted the voice stress analysis was allowed to testify. I do not know the extent to which voice stress analyses are admissible in court but as most members know polygraph tests are rarely if ever admissible.

Thanks for this Kathleen. Was Oswald putting on the voice? He did some role playing in Minsk did he not?

If he is not role playing, this is very telling.

John

No. The Russian tape is a real man's voice. Supposedly he's reading something to a Russian friend to try to teach him English. I think he was just practicing. It was the weirdest accent I ever heard. It sounded like he had learned English from the British. And in 1963 he sounded better. It was the same voice you hear on the videos of Oswald speaking while in police custody.

I edited my original post for grammatical errors.

Kathy

Hi Kathy, As you say Oswald is trying to teach a friend to speak English but instead of sticking to "American English" his attempting to teach his friend "English English" if you see what I mean. In other words Oswald is trying to sound his vowls and nouns roundly/correctly and his making rather a hash of it, not surprising really, I'm English born an bred and even I cant talk that way. Very few English can, the few that do are very upper class and born too it. We describe the accent as "talking with a plum in your mouth". I would imagine that it was a common misconception in Americe circa 1960 that all English wore bowler hats, carried umbrellas and spoke awfully "posh" Just an idea, may or may not be correct. Denis.

Hi Kathy, As you say Oswald is trying to teach a friend to speak English but instead of sticking to "American English" his attempting to teach his friend "English English" if you see what I mean. In other words Oswald is trying to sound his vowls and nouns roundly/correctly and his making rather a hash of it, not surprising really, I'm English born an bred and even I cant talk that way. Very few English can, the few that do are very upper class and born too it. We describe the accent as "talking with a plum in your mouth". I would imagine that it was a common misconception in Americe circa 1960 that all English wore bowler hats, carried umbrellas and spoke awfully "posh" Just an idea, may or may not be correct. Denis.

The pretext was Oswald was trying to teach his Russian friend English in 1961. However, I think Oswald was being taught English by someone with a British accent and was practicing. He wasn't too good, but by the time he came "back" from Russia he spoke English well and is the same voice of Harvey Oswald, shot by Ruby. How can somebody with a bad command of the English language teach it to someone else? If Harvey wasn't Russian, he must have had Russian as a third language. What was his original language? Could it have been Hungarian?

Kathy

John wrote:

There are 4 sources that I know of to hear LHO's voice. The Russian tape in 1961 (Kennedy had just been inaugurated); the 2 radio interviews in 1963; and when he was in custody in the Dallas police station.

When he was handing out FPCC flyers, I don't recall if his voice was recorded at all on that occasion. I wonder what his first language was -- Hungarian or Russian? In the Russian tape, you know he's not speaking English correctly; it's like he was learning it.

According to (I know, everybody hates him) Norman Mailer, Marina said his Russian wasn't too good when she met him but he was improving. If this is true, than Russian might have been another language he had to learn. What was his first language -- Hungarian? -- as the Oswalds were supposedly Hungarian. Whatever the combination, you have to listen to that Russian tape. It's so weird.

Kathy

"When he was handing out FPCC flyers, I don't recall if his voice was recorded at all on that occasion. I wonder what his first language was -- Hungarian or Russian? In the Russian tape, you know he's not speaking English correctly; it's like he was learning it."

I remember distinctly on the tape of that radio debate, the pronunciation of the word New Orleans by this person who was supposed to be Lee Harvey Oswald, and a native resident of New Orleans. He pronounced New Orleans the way people NOT raised in New Orleans, or in the way tourists pronounced the name as New Or-leens. When in reality, anyone who's ever lived there, or spent any considerable amount of time there, knows that the citizens of New Orleans pronounce the name of their city as New Awlins, NOT New Or-leens. That was my first skeptical impression of this person, Lee Harvey Oswald, from hearing his voice and speech in that radio debate.

John wrote:

Kathy

"When he was handing out FPCC flyers, I don't recall if his voice was recorded at all on that occasion. I wonder what his first language was -- Hungarian or Russian? In the Russian tape, you know he's not speaking English correctly; it's like he was learning it."

I remember distinctly on the tape of that radio debate, the pronunciation of the word New Orleans by this person who was supposed to be Lee Harvey Oswald, and a native resident of New Orleans. He pronounced New Orleans the way people NOT raised in New Orleans, or in the way tourists pronounced the name as New Or-leens. When in reality, anyone who's ever lived there, or spent any considerable amount of time there, knows that the citizens of New Orleans pronounce the name of their city as New Awlins, NOT New Or-leens. That was my first skeptical impression of this person, Lee Harvey Oswald, from hearing his voice and speech in that radio debate.

Terry...Louisiana people I know say NOR'-LINS (phonetic, note accent).

I have heard NAW'-LINS. They do not enunciate NEW and say it as one word.

Texas people say NEW-OR'LINS.

Some southerners may say NOO-AW'LINS.

Nationally it may be NEW-OR'LE-ANS or NEW-OR-LEEN'Z.

My observations FWIW.

Jack

Edited by Jack White