The Education Forum

USONI

Thanks to Royce Bierma for helping me find this.

Miami Herald, The (FL) - August 4, 1992

JULIO CESAR FERNANDEZ JOURNALIST, TEACHER

Julio Cesar Fernandez, journalist and teacher of literature, died Sunday at his Miami home, said his widow, Emma Larraz. He was 83. She said he had Parkinson's disease.

During the 1930s, Fernandez founded and directed the student publication, Alma Mater, at the University of Havana. The periodical later became the official publication of the administration of Ramon Grau San Martin.

Fernandez moved from his native Cuba to the United States in 1961 with his family. For 26 years he lived in New York City, where he taught Spanish literature at Marymount College. He moved to Miami in 1989.

Besides his widow, Fernandez is survived by three children: Walkiria, Julio and Alexis; and four grandchildren.

A funeral procession will leave at 1 p.m. today from Caballero Woodlawn Funeral Home, 1661 SW 37th Ave. Burial will be at Woodlawn Cemetery, 3260 SW Eighth St.

Miami Herald, The (FL)

Date: August 4, 1992

Edition: FINAL

Page: 3B

Copyright © 1992 The Miami Herald

Thanks for that Robert and Roy,

I was looking for that guy for many years, and he was holed up at Marymount College all the time.

I just wanted to know if his son was the Juilo Fernandez who was one of the leaders of the CIA Maritime raiders, trained by CIA/Army Ranger Brad Ayers and sponsored by Life Mag's Clare Booth Luce?

And what happened when the son Julio went to the Symposium of Cuban Journalists a the University of Miami/JMWAVE in the summer of 63?

It would also be nice to know why he burned those documents in his backyard that linked Oswald and Ruby and the Sliver Slipper bar? Is that the joint Rose Cherame was at with the Cubans?

And his wife is a respected Cuba journalist as well.

BK

• 6 years later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic