The Education Forum

Tim Carroll passes on.

I just received an email from Tim Carroll's wife, Cris, informing us that Tim passed on a few hours ago.

Here is the email,

"This is Cris, Tim's wife.

My dearest one died several hours ago, peacefully and according to his wishes, he asked me to email you as soon as possible. Your friendship and companionship particularly in his final months was cherished.

Thank you all for loving him".

Tim is dearly missed.

RIP my friend.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim was a great guy and I enjoyed having the chance to email him and always tried to read his posts. He really caused me to challenge some of my thinking. He will be missed.

He also has a great sense of humor....thought it may be appropriate to repost here.

- lee

post-675-1184970645_thumb.jpg

Tim Carroll was well-read, knowledgeable about a broader range of historical issues than many historians, and articulated his positions well, with forcefulness and keen insight.

To say that he will be missed is an understatement. This Forum benefitted greatly from his presence and will be poorer for his absence.

Perhaps, in Tim's memory, we can all resolve to post with the same level of spirit and integrity that he achieved with his contributions. That would be a fitting, on-going tribute to our comrade, called away FAR too soon.

Deepest condolences to Cris and the rest of Tim's family.

Guest Gary Loughran

I have only known Tim through his many wonderful posts here.

May he rest in peace and find all the answers to the puzzles he tried to solve.

Terry Mauro and I talked with Tim fairly regularily until recently. I knew it was getting close but it is still a shock. We will miss his rare intelligence and never failing humor.

Dawn

(Thanks John G. I did receive an email from Chris but I was out til now).

With sadness.

I just received an email from Tim Carroll's wife, Cris, informing us that Tim passed on a few hours ago.

Here is the email,

"This is Cris, Tim's wife.

My dearest one died several hours ago, peacefully and according to his wishes, he asked me to email you as soon as possible. Your friendship and companionship particularly in his final months was cherished.

Thank you all for loving him".

Tim is dearly missed.

RIP my friend.

Ow.

I only knew him thru the forum, and not well at that.

I now pay special attention when I'm reading an old thread and see a post from Tim.

Remember how David Talbot said he'd go visit Tim?

Anyone know if he did?

It is sad to hear of Tim's passing, although not unexpected. I recall the last time he was sble to post on this forum and felt that he was no longer able to do so, or he possibly would have. He was an excellent researcher and always had infornative as well as interesting things to say, even though sometimes both passionate and abrasive....othertimes, he was most helpful.

About three years ago (how time flies) Tim was wanting to go to Dallas, durung the Nov, Conferences. This was a last minute idea and he was not going to be able to stay for the entire weekend. He was wanting to know about nearby to Dp hotel rooms and also not have to pay for a full weekend, for the conferences. So, I emailed and told him about the COPA Conferences, where he would only need to pay for the sessions that he attended. Plus about the Lawrence Hotel, within a block of DP. He did go there and I believe he enjoyed himself. He seemed to enjoy spending soem time with Robert Groden amd especially being able to look over DP, which was of big interest to him. Unfortunately, I became ill just before the trip and had to cancel, so I wasn't able to meet him. He did meet some of my friends there, as well as some others from the forums. I now feel plaased that he, as well as Chris, was able to go there, at that time.

RIP Tim!

Dixie

When I first joined the forum (10/04) Tim was the first person to reach out to me in friendship. We immediately became fast friends talking on the phone several times a week. It was such a pleasure to introduce him to his "hero" Carl O. and have Carl share Tim's work. Last night after I got Cris' email I sat quietly for several hours and, through tears, remembered our friendship.

It is so hard to believe we won't talk again.

In this time of sadness I would like to thank John Simkin for providing this forum where

such a community of has been forged, all over the world.

RIP old pal. We will miss you always.

Dawn

Terry Mauro and I talked with Tim fairly regularily until recently. I knew it was getting close but it is still a shock. We will miss his rare intelligence and never failing humor.

Dawn

(Thanks John G. I did receive an email from Chris but I was out til now).

With sadness.

I just got off the phone with you, Hon. As you know, I went to my mailbox and found Cris' e-mail, to which I replied, as you and I were consoling one another. As I stated to Cris, if anyone was in a state of denial, it was me. I get that way sometimes, when a person crosses my path in life and leaves such an indelible impression upon it. I had no idea until I opened your e-mail first, and didn't even see Cris's down near the bottom of the page.

There seems to be such a heaviness in the air, right now. Everything is still and quiet on a Saturday morning.

I hear a lone crow calling out on a wire from the lines above, out in front of the house.

God rest T.C.'s soul, bless his heart.

I'm going to miss him, like crazy.

For Tim:

Has anybody here seen my old friend Abraham?

Can you tell me where he's gone?

He freed a lot of people,

But it seems the good they die young.

You know, I just looked around and he's gone.

Anybody here seen my old friend John?

I just looked around and he's gone.

Anybody here seen my old friend Martin?

I just looked 'round and he's gone.

Didn't you love the things that they stood for?

Didn't they try to find some good for you and me?

And we'll be free

Some day soon, and it's a-gonna be one day ...

Anybody here seen my old friend Bobby?

I thought I saw him walkin' up over the hill,

With Abraham, Martin and John.

Here is Tim's article 'The whole bay of pigs thing, from Dallas to Watergate'. http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=2322

As you can see, it sparked much debate and posited some very real theories and truths.

Where is the article? It was deleted and only the discussion remains.

Myra, I think it can be viewed here:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...ost&p=14448