The Education Forum

Getting crowded in DP

Guest Mark Valenti

Guest Mark Valenti

I've gathered some of the faces of individuals who have either claimed to have been in DP, or someone else placed them there.

I've gathered some of the faces of individuals who have either claimed to have been in DP, or someone else placed them there.

I don't recall Dulles being there.

Jack

With not too much work, I could quadruple that number [and yes, I'd eliminate Dulles]. What is the point....lots 'o operative and suspicious types and activities...not surprising - it was a covert coup'd'etat and conspiratorial poliitcal assassination with a patsy and back-ups......plus ghoulish voyeurs and en place administrative types, plus extra operatives not operative that day [iMO] to forever muddy the waters. They hardly left room for the real spectators and innocents in the crowd and kept them [for the most part] out of the kill zone.

If I may weigh in here....the probable reason Dulles is in Mark's picture stems from a photo that appeared in a Greek newspaper, in Nov 1965, showing a very poor quality picture taken 11/22/63 reportedly showing Jack Ruby and Allen Dulles somewhere along the motorcade route.......

I did a little bit of digging and discovered that said photo is an AP Wirephoto that I found in the 9/28/64 issue of the Wisconsin State Journal.......the photo, or at least the newspaper reproduction of the photo, is of such a poor quality that even if Dulles was in the photo, it would not be possible to establish such by relying on the photo to ascertain such an allegation.

There are other interesting factoids about the photo, but I do not want to derail the thread, BTW love your picture, Mark

I don't recall Dulles being there.

Jack

With not too much work, I could quadruple that number [and yes, I'd eliminate Dulles]. What is the point....lots 'o operative and suspicious types and activities...not surprising - it was a covert coup'd'etat and conspiratorial poliitcal assassination with a patsy and back-ups......plus ghoulish voyeurs and en place administrative types, plus extra operatives not operative that day [iMO] to forever muddy the waters. They hardly left room for the real spectators and innocents in the crowd and kept them [for the most part] out of the kill zone.

If I may weigh in here....the probable reason Dulles is in Mark's picture stems from a photo that appeared in a Greek newspaper, in Nov 1965, showing a very poor quality picture taken 11/22/63 reportedly showing Jack Ruby and Allen Dulles somewhere along the motorcade route.......

I did a little bit of digging and discovered that said photo is an AP Wirephoto that I found in the 9/28/64 issue of the Wisconsin State Journal.......the photo, or at least the newspaper reproduction of the photo, is of such a poor quality that even if Dulles was in the photo, it would not be possible to establish such by relying on the photo to ascertain such an allegation. But that is just my perception....

There are other interesting factoids about the photo, but I do not want to derail the thread, BTW love your picture, Mark

Guest Mark Valenti

Thanks, Robert. You are correct about Dulles. My motive in creating the picture is to put a real face on things that are sometimes only vague ideas floating in the ether. It's one thing to hypothesize about who may have been involved, but it's another to actually see them congregate and consider the full weight of the various theories.

Thanks, Robert. You are correct about Dulles. My motive in creating the picture is to put a real face on things that are sometimes only vague ideas floating in the ether. It's one thing to hypothesize about who may have been involved, but it's another to actually see them congregate and consider the full weight of the various theories.

Couldn't agree more.....Have you considered listing the names of the individuals in the photo inserts? I can safely say that most Forum members have no difficulty determining the E. Howard Hunt, Frank Sturgis, GHWB and Joseph Milteer photo's, but some of the others maybe a little too obscure....personally, six of these personages I have no idea who they are.

I am sure it would be greatly appreciated, by all. But it's no big deal

As a matter of fact, the six I am having a little trouble I.D.'ing are the three to the right and below of Milteer, and the three between and above Hunt and Sturgis...I suppose it goes without saying I do not profess to know who BDM is....,lol

As a matter of fact, the six I am having a little trouble I.D.'ing are the three to the right and below of Milteer, and the three between and above Hunt and Sturgis...I suppose it goes without saying I do not profess to know who BDM is....,lol

I think the one to the far right of Milteer is Jim Braden/Eugene Hale Brading. I don't know who the other two are. The three above Hunt and Sturgis are Lucien Sarti on the top left and I think the other two are Charles Harrelson (stuck between Hunt and Sturgis) and I think the top right one might be Christian David, though not sure.

Guest Mark Valenti

There's Nicoletti, folk singer Phil Ochs, George HW Bush, Jim Braden, next to Sarti is Christian David (double mug shot). Regis Kennedy next to Beverly Oliver, there's Roscoe White and Rip Robertson. If anyone has more, please offer them and I'll try to make a complete mosaic.