The Education Forum

BUGLIOSI'S WORK IN THE RFK CASE

http://www.ctka.net/pr398-rfk.html

Apparently our good friend Vincent Bugliosi WAS convinced there was a conspiracy in the RFK assassination and he worked very hard and diligently to get the case reopened.

Bugliosi's tireless legal work on the RFK case is mentioned in the article referenced above and covered at some length in "The Assassination of Robert F. Kennedy" by William Turner and Jonn Christian. (Amazon lets you "search inside" this book.)

I believe this simply proves that one cannot be wrong all of the time.

Would appreciate comments by members particularly anyone who is familiar with Bugliosi's work in the RFK case.

Edited by Tim Gratz

Here is what a blogger said about VB's work in the RFK case:

I’d like to point out a truly interesting historical dazzler here: It was Bugliosi who collected the eyewitness statements that proved that more than 8 shots were fired at RFK, and who cross-examined the firearms experts to prove that they couldn’t identify Sirhan Sirhan’s gun as the murder weapon, or discount more than one gun being fired that day… indeed, actually provided very persuasive evidence that Sirhan Sirhan never even fired a bullet that day! (That last will be a shocker to most people who only know what the traditional mass media will tell you…) Bugliosi argued conspiracy in a court case, and is now going to argue (admittedly, in the case of JFK rather than RFK) that there was no conspiracy. I’m sure there’s a good “Lawyer joke” that can be made out of this…

Can someone supply the best "lawyer joke" as the blogger suggests?

I suspect if Bugliosi wanted to he could successfully defend Oswald (presumably in a mock trial) against almost any of the nation's top prosecutors.

As many have noted, "Reclaiming History" is essentially a prosecutor's brief against Oswald. Fair and balanced it ain't!

Hi Tim, could you give a reference for the investigative work that Bugliosi did on RFK?

I'm familiar with his role as defense counsel in the KCOP case - where Owen suited the station

over libel for associating him with an RFK conspiracy, Turner and Christian also supported the

station in that case and that's where Turner came to know Bugliosi. In his book Turner mentions

that Bugliosi only entered that case at the very last moment though.

However I'm not aware of work that Bugliosi did beyond that case so I would be most

interested...as far as that case went he relied heavily on investigative work done by

Christian and Turner over a number of years. Just don't know how much primary work

he did himself?

-- thanks, Larry

Guest Stephen Turner
I suspect if Bugliosi wanted to he could successfully defend Oswald (presumably in a mock trial) against almost any of the nation's top prosecutors.

As many have noted, "Reclaiming History" is essentially a prosecutor's brief against Oswald. Fair and balanced it ain't!

Bugliosi's discovery in 1976 of FBI special agent William Bailey, who claimed he had inspected two bullet holes in the center divider, and further that he had seen the base of a .22 in each hole in the kitchen on the night of the assassination was a major discovery, and one that Dan Moldea finds very hard to discredit in his book "The killing of Robert F Kennedy"

Insofar as Bugliosi's previous pro-conspiracy stance can be spun to enhance his current LN position (this guy calls 'em as he sees 'em; if we tear him down now, by definition we tear down his earlier work; etc.), we must allow for the possibility that the Bug, like fellow former conspiracy advocates Moldea and Russo, were controlled from the start.

Sleepers.

Can we name anyone who come to our attention as a LN xxxx only to see the light?

Charles