The Education Forum

Depatron Service : The Italian Connection & the Carcano Rifle

Francesca-- one of Angleton's old contacts that Colby mad contact with was

Code -named 'Charlie,' the man had been with the OSS contingent in northern Italy toward the end of the war.

There he made friends with many of the Italians only then beginning to resotore the nations political system.

By the 1950's those people were at the apex of Italian politics and Charlie knew them all. From time to time

he returned to visit, and Charlie reports reflected the very highest levels of Italy's political leadership. Gerry

Miller was supposed to handle Charlie's accomadations in Rome; but as station chief, Miller had high visibility,

and CIA headquarters decided to keep Charlie on the scene to provide a steady stream of reports. Miller into-

duced Charlie to Colby, who thereafter handled him. Astonished at the range of Charlie's contacts, colby also

discovered that his reports were being puched...... (blends into above quotation, p. 57, Prados, Lost Crusade.)

Perhaps you have come accross this old OSS Italian "Charlie" before?

Francesca,

i found strange this cable from leopoldville.

its december 1960, so Harvey was not in Rome, and was too PBPRIME anyway.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=4

iden seems to be a jugoslavian pilot... Djurovic. that will contact a kubark planned contact, not an agent.... ummm it smells :D

Dont forget that Jugoslavia was away from Moscow... like Bejiing at that time..

Also.

the business is to buy 25dollars of diamons;

the contact in rome - of kubark - "should not appear to be PBPRIME citizen";

take pictures when Iden gives "diamonds" and later decide to recruit him or not.

So one could have a question: why they need a pilot? :D

or... if Idean A was supposed to depart for Iden B via Iden c (???) on 25 jan (1961) 'maybe earlier'', could it be 17 jan ?

but this seems has nothing to do with Rome, it could be Madrid, Bengasi or somewhere else...

bye, find what is Depatron :D

Edited by Accogli Claudio

I asked avery good researcher and fellow member of DPUK who is more knowledgeable than me about this and he said he doesn't know about this 'Depatron' service but he said that:

"the CIA had high level sources inside the Italian government reporting directly to Angleton (bypassing the Rome station)..... crypts were Delanda.....and Detector..."

Do those crypts mean anything to anyone?

Francesca,

i found strange this cable from leopoldville.

its december 1960, so Harvey was not in Rome, and was too PBPRIME anyway.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=4

iden seems to be a jugoslavian pilot... Djurovic. that will contact a kubark planned contact, not an agent.... ummm it smells :rolleyes:

Dont forget that Jugoslavia was away from Moscow... like Bejiing at that time..

Also.

the business is to buy 25dollars of diamons;

the contact in rome - of kubark - "should not appear to be PBPRIME citizen";

take pictures when Iden gives "diamonds" and later decide to recruit him or not.

So one could have a question: why they need a pilot? :D

or... if Idean A was supposed to depart for Iden B via Iden c (???) on 25 jan (1961) 'maybe earlier'', could it be 17 jan ?

but this seems has nothing to do with Rome, it could be Madrid, Bengasi or somewhere else...

bye, find what is Depatron :D

Ciao Claudio,

I agree - I thought there was something odd about this document. Not heard of Djurovic before and I was a bit confused as to wha all this 'iden A' iden B' etc is all about.

If this does have anything to do with Madrid that would be not entirely surprising what with EH Hunt's links there.

Francesca-- one of Angleton's old contacts that Colby mad contact with was

Code -named 'Charlie,' the man had been with the OSS contingent in northern Italy toward the end of the war.

There he made friends with many of the Italians only then beginning to resotore the nations political system.

By the 1950's those people were at the apex of Italian politics and Charlie knew them all. From time to time

he returned to visit, and Charlie reports reflected the very highest levels of Italy's political leadership. Gerry

Miller was supposed to handle Charlie's accomadations in Rome; but as station chief, Miller had high visibility,

and CIA headquarters decided to keep Charlie on the scene to provide a steady stream of reports. Miller into-

duced Charlie to Colby, who thereafter handled him. Astonished at the range of Charlie's contacts, colby also

discovered that his reports were being puched...... (blends into above quotation, p. 57, Prados, Lost Crusade.)

Perhaps you have come accross this old OSS Italian "Charlie" before?

Thanks for the information. I have not heard of this 'Charlie'. Interesting.....would he have still been around in Rome in the 60's do you know?

Could he have been 'Delanda' or 'Detector?'

Hm.......lots to ponder upon in this thread!

ORIGINATOR : CIA

TO : WASHINGTON

TITLE : INTEL REPORT: JAPANESE EMBASY (IN ROME)

DATE : 08/12/1954

PAGES : 3

DOCUMENT TYPE : PAPER - TEXTUAL DOCUMENT

SUBJECTS : AMB. HARADA, KE; DETECTOR; INTELLIGENCE REPORT; JAPAN

EMBASSY; LUCE, CLAIRE B.

CLASSIFICATION :

RESTRICTIONS : 1B; 4

DATE OF LAST REVIEW : 07/30/1993

COMMENTS : JFK15 : F9 : 1993.07.30.17:23:25:340059 :

It is the only doc on this people at Nara.

But it is a strange one: it is a report of a launch or dinner between the 2 ambassador (luce-harada) at Quirinale i think.

Then, there are some pages on the staff of the japanese embassy.

FROM [02]Detector is on the top left. the classification is 1B seems.

Field, Authority Date, Type of Edit, Value Changed From, Value Changed To User, Method, Date & Time

From CIA 07/30/1993 Changed [RESTRICTED] [RESTRICTED] CIA Loaded from disk 11/03/2005 10:46:39

Comments CIA 07/30/1993 Changed JFK15:F9 1993.07.30.17:23:25:340059: JFK15 : F9 : 1993.07.30.17:23:25:340059 : CIA Loaded from disk 11/03/2005 10:46:39

Back on Depatron, this is not of course an italian service. It should be a was of say/name/crypt a real service.

Edited by Accogli Claudio