The Education Forum

The O'Reilly Factor & the JFK Assassination

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christopher, I am sceptical as to whether the networks would allow an anchor-type (or someone with a daily show, who can appear the next day to correct mistakes made by the opposition) to present a conspiracy view on Television. It is possible, that O'Reilly may have moved up ON CONDITION that he dropped the hot potato. Maybe an unstated quid pro quo.

My reason for speculating the above is by reading Barbi Zelizer's book Covering The Body. Its about the TV networks and the assassination and how assassination coverage in Dallas became part and parcel of the ligitimation of TV news as an institution.

Another reason is my close observation of media coverage of the 40th anniversary in 2003. I noticed an interesting contrast. On the Lehrer Newshour they had six historians. Five and half agreed with LN, the exception being half of Bechloss who emitted an interesting caveat about the Warren Commission that would allow him to escape in a hurry, because (In my opinion) he knew how shaky it had become.

Later, throughout the weekend, I saw many journalists who had been in Dallas. A vast majority of them believe in a conspiracy (this was C-Span coverage) These were reporters who were more grunt-reporter types, although they did include 60 minutes producer Don Hewit.

It led to a hypothesis of mine that if you wanted to advance in TV radio journalism, CT was definitely a slower lane. This hypothesis was only stregnthened by reading Zelzer's book. She is a professor of Communications.

I also think there is something of the medium is the message about it. If you have a daily show that represents a HUGE advantage. You can string points together, you can reemphasize points you made on previous shows etc. Now suppose you are a CT er appearing maybe once every three years. You have to build your argument from scratch, and the amount of time you have makes it almost impossible.

Personally I would welcome O'Reilly's help no matter how much I can't stand him. I just don't think his position will allow him to help even if he wanted to. It's a structural thing.

Peter,

Great article Bill! Question: Where did the question to LHO [apparently] to the effect of 'are you Oswald

or Hidell? come from and occur - or did it? His supposed answer was, 'you're the cop - you find out.' I may be inexact in wording...this from memory.

Actually, I think this was in answer to a question posed to him by Guy Rose. Rose asked him what his address was.

Please see my article, How Did the Police First Learn of 1026 N. Beckley? here:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=2331

Steve Thomas

Christopher, I am sceptical as to whether the networks would allow an anchor-type (or someone with a daily show, who can appear the next day to correct mistakes made by the opposition) to present a conspiracy view on Television. It is possible, that O'Reilly may have moved up ON CONDITION that he dropped the hot potato. Maybe an unstated quid pro quo.

My reason for speculating the above is by reading Barbi Zelizer's book Covering The Body. Its about the TV networks and the assassination and how assassination coverage in Dallas became part and parcel of the ligitimation of TV news as an institution.

Another reason is my close observation of media coverage of the 40th anniversary in 2003. I noticed an interesting contrast. On the Lehrer Newshour they had six historians. Five and half agreed with LN, the exception being half of Bechloss who emitted an interesting caveat about the Warren Commission that would allow him to escape in a hurry, because (In my opinion) he knew how shaky it had become.

Later, throughout the weekend, I saw many journalists who had been in Dallas. A vast majority of them believe in a conspiracy (this was C-Span coverage) These were reporters who were more grunt-reporter types, although they did include 60 minutes producer Don Hewit.

It led to a hypothesis of mine that if you wanted to advance in TV radio journalism, CT was definitely a slower lane. This hypothesis was only stregnthened by reading Zelzer's book. She is a professor of Communications.

I also think there is something of the medium is the message about it. If you have a daily show that represents a HUGE advantage. You can string points together, you can reemphasize points you made on previous shows etc. Now suppose you are a CT er appearing maybe once every three years. You have to build your argument from scratch, and the amount of time you have makes it almost impossible.

Personally I would welcome O'Reilly's help no matter how much I can't stand him. I just don't think his position will allow him to help even if he wanted to. It's a structural thing.

As I recall, either the History Channel or A & E did a 5 evening special entitled "The Men Who Killed Kennedy" in November, 2003, but I was unaware of what PBS was airing in connection with the 40th anniversary. In fact, I think that I have it on DVD.

In reality, even if O'Reilly wanted to truly push the issue and give it a lot of continued air time, the decision as to whether to proceed in that manner would invariably be made above his pay grade, presumably by Roger Ailes or Rupert Murdoch after they had received a visit from someone high up in the Administration.

Maybe envisioning O'Reilly taking on VB is just wishful thinking, but I would like to see someone cross swords with VB instead of, in effect, asking him why we should buy his book.

We hope that O'Reilly will join us and even get media establishment types to call for the release of the Joannides CIA files, that is if they are interested. Even the normally recalcitrant Posner and Blakey are calling for their release.

I haven't yet tried to get a statement from Bill O'Reilly, but I will.

I'm still compiling info, and it's getting pretty interesting.

While he is without a doubt a right-wing conservative, he maintains, at his own web site (where you can get Bill O'Reilly T-shirts and coffee mugs), that he is strictly independent, neither Democrat or Republican. Very hard to believe.

First reports from Dallas were O'Reilly was once given a civic award for "investigative journalism," but Gary Mack calls attention to a few articles about O'Reilly's tenure at WFAA - the Dallas ABC affiliate.

Scroll down half way till you see O'Reilly's mug.

http://www.unclebarky.com/abovethefold.html

Further clairified, or muddled:

http://unclebarky.com/abovethefold_files/b...84eeb6-460.html

For O'Reilly on Inside Edition on the trail of "Maurice Bishop" and CIA files:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AQdphWO2SQ

And for those who want even deeper insight, the article on The O'Reilly Factor & the JFK Assassination was picked up by Kenn Thomas over at Steamshovelpress.com, though I don't think O'Reilly will get a copy unless Kenn sends it to him.

More to come on this one.

BK

Edited by William Kelly

And how about Reilly's Fox News colleague Geraldo Rivera?

We all know that it was Rivera who first "aired" the Zapruder film on national tv.

Of course that was before it was determined that the CIA had altered several films to remove the frames that showed Greer shooting JFK. Oh, we were all so innocent back then!

Edited by Tim Gratz

As I recall, either the History Channel or A & E did a 5 evening special entitled "The Men Who Killed Kennedy" in November, 2003, but I was unaware of what PBS was airing in connection with the 40th anniversary. In fact, I think that I have it on DVD.

In reality, even if O'Reilly wanted to truly push the issue and give it a lot of continued air time, the decision as to whether to proceed in that manner would invariably be made above his pay grade, presumably by Roger Ailes or Rupert Murdoch after they had received a visit from someone high up in the Administration.

Maybe envisioning O'Reilly taking on VB is just wishful thinking, but I would like to see someone cross swords with VB instead of, in effect, asking him why we should buy his book.

Hey, O'Reilly has three or four books out of his witting sayings bashing liberals, but it appears that he really isn't an idiot, and that is only an act.

According to his credits, O'Reilly attended the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard.

That's where he must have learned how to hawk T-shirts and coffee mugs with his face on it over the internet.

BK

Good Day Nathaniel.... In the past 10 years I have contacted BILL O'REILLY several times without response from him with respect to something I had learned....

....While O'REILLY was working in Dallas (at "WFAA," iirc) a man who said he had been in DP watching the motorcade gave O'REILLY a bullet slug that he said his son had dug out from DP. O'REILLY thought it was a pistol bullet but admitted it might be a rifle bullet. O'REILLY gave the bullet to HSCA investigator GAETON FONZI who recalled receiving it and giving it to the HSCA's investigator FENTON. The bullet has, apparently, disappeared.

Given O'REILLY's sharp, non-"pc", focused ability for quickly cutting through his guests-BS and guests-non-issue-related-BS, in the long/patient view, given that his show is the nightly #1 viewers-wise leader (by a very wide margin) on the #1 viewed cable news network, it would be a beneficial consideration to try and secure him on our side, especially given he has done several previous CT related JFK assassination focused investigative reports.

Best Regards in Research,

Don

Don Roberdeau

U.S.S. John F. Kennedy, CV-67, "Big John," Plank Walker

Sooner, or later, The Truth emerges Clearly

ROSEMARY WILLIS 2nd Headsnap; Westward, Ultrafast, & Directly Towards the "Grassy Knoll"

Dealey Plaza Professionally-surveyed Map Detailing Victims locations, Witnesses, Photographers, Suspected trajectories, Evidentiary artifacts, etc

4 Principles

T ogether

E veryone

A chieves

M ore

TEAMWORK.gif

For the United States

DHS3elevatedYELLOW.gif

"Drehm seemed to think the shots came from in FRONT OF or BESIDE the president."

(my EMPHASIS)

----CHARLES F. BREHM, a combat gunfire experienced, United States Army Ranger, World War II, D-day veteran, & very close Dealey Plaza attack witness, quoted only minutes after the attack, and while he was still standing within Dealey Plaza (11-22-63 "Dallas Times Herald," appeared only in the fifth & final daily edition, which mis-spelled his name)

Edited by Don Roberdeau

• 1 month later...
Good Day Nathaniel.... In the past 10 years I have contacted BILL O'REILLY several times without response from him with respect to something I had learned....

....While O'REILLY was working in Dallas (at "WFAA," iirc) a man who said he had been in DP watching the motorcade gave O'REILLY a bullet slug that he said his son had dug out from DP. O'REILLY thought it was a pistol bullet but admitted it might be a rifle bullet. O'REILLY gave the bullet to HSCA investigator GAETON FONZI who recalled receiving it and giving it to the HSCA's investigator FENTON. The bullet has, apparently, disappeared.

Given O'REILLY's sharp, non-"pc", focused ability for quickly cutting through his guests-BS and guests-non-issue-related-BS, in the long/patient view, given that his show is the nightly #1 viewers-wise leader (by a very wide margin) on the #1 viewed cable news network, it would be a beneficial consideration to try and secure him on our side, especially given he has done several previous CT related JFK assassination focused investigative reports.

Don

Don Roberdeau

Thanks for that Don.

I intend to start pestering O'Reilly myself for some answers to questions about this soon.

BK

ROSEMARY WILLIS 2nd Headsnap; Westward, Ultrafast, & Directly Towards the "Grassy Knoll"

Dealey Plaza Professionally-surveyed Map Detailing Victims locations, Witnesses, Photographers, Suspected trajectories, Evidentiary artifacts, etc

4 Principles

T ogether

E veryone

A chieves

M ore

TEAMWORK.gif

For the United States

DHS3elevatedYELLOW.gif

"Drehm seemed to think the shots came from in FRONT OF or BESIDE the president."

(my EMPHASIS)

----CHARLES F. BREHM, a combat gunfire experienced, United States Army Ranger, World War II, D-day veteran, & very close Dealey Plaza attack witness, quoted only minutes after the attack, and while he was still standing within Dealey Plaza (11-22-63 "Dallas Times Herald," appeared only in the fifth & final daily edition, which mis-spelled his name)

• 2 months later...
Well this is quite amazing new information (to me anyway).

Don, do you know the name of the person? When the bullet was turned over to O'Reilly?

Finally, has this information been verified by either O'Reilly or Fonzi?

I've been going over some of the posts that Tim had posted last, to see if they are going anywhere.

While Tim did go on a few sprees, posting on every thread, some of his questions are pertinent.

BK

• 3 years later...

Don

Don Roberdeau

4 Principles

T ogether

E veryone

A chieves

M ore

TEAMWORK.gif

For the United States

DHS3elevatedYELLOW.gif

(my EMPHASIS)

Perhaps Now is a good time as Roop seems distracted trying to keep afloat at the moment.its a shame JFK never had a mobile

as we could have heard the shots direct through hacking his calls,Or maybe a text that just says Bang..Bang/bang..bang!.

Edited by Ian Kingsbury