The Education Forum

Altered Statesman

I only caught the end of it but it zooms in on Kennedy's drug use while in office. The same stuff is covered , in my opinion , in great detail in "JFK, A Presidency Revealed" already. It was on the Discovery Channel ( no surprise there)

and I cannot pick any information about the release anywhere. It is an obvious attempt to smear Kennedy, but for those of you who feel Kennedy was an unfit President and was dealt with accordingly, it provides a possible justification for the higher ups to look the other way when the operation was going down. If in fact the order didnt come from them. ( the General's Staff)

Edited by Peter McGuire

I only caught the end of it but it zooms in on Kennedy's drug use while in office. The same stuff is covered , in my opinion , in great detail in "JFK, A Presidency Revealed" already. It was on the Discovery Channel ( no surprise there)

and I cannot pick any information about the release anywhere. It is an obvious attempt to smear Kennedy, but for those of you who feel Kennedy was an unfit President and was dealt with accordingly, it provides a possible justification for the higher ups to look the other way when the operation was going down. If in fact the order didnt come from them. ( the General's Staff)

We could play smear bingo here.

The smears are everywhere.

Peter, did they focus on his use of medications for his chronic pain, or on illegal drugs?

On edit: Gads I'm slow.

Was "Altered Statesman" actually the name of the program???

Edited by Myra Bronstein

The smearing is going on at record levels. A million people own 1-800-JFK-DESERVED-IT ... sorry.. I mean Tim Weiner's majisterial

Registry of Slashe... Legacy of Ashes.

The drug angle-- though not new (Symour did the Amphtimines big time with Sammy Halpern in '97) might signify a shift to LSD. You know what they say about journalists and Gateway Drugs. Wondering if this might be a response to David Talbot's opening the Mary Pinchot Meyer strory up to a wider audience, and also to the VERY INTERESTING new hints given by Peter Janney on the MPM thread.

Edited by Nathaniel Heidenheimer

Peter, did they focus on his use of medications for his chronic pain, or on illegal drugs?

Yes. I believe that was the name of the program. As I said, I just caught the end of it and did recognize the same people from A Presidency Revealed, which I own.

Dr. Max's cocktail did include methamphetamines but supposedly wasnt illegal at the time. I would guess they are going the direction of LSD, Pot and other illegal substances.

Its frustrating because I only saw a five minutes or so of the program and cannot locate anything about it. But I am quite sure of the title.

Altered State (s) man. Clever

Okay. Here is the link to the show:

http://www.tv.com/unsolved-history/jfk-alt...89/summary.html

Edited by Peter McGuire

Yes. I believe that was the name of the program. As I said, I just caught the end of it and did recognize the same people from A Presidency Revealed, which I own.

Dr. Max's cocktail did include methamphetamines but supposedly wasnt illegal at the time. I would guess they are going the direction of LSD, Pot and other illegal substances.

Its frustrating because I only saw a five minutes or so of the program and cannot locate anything about it. But I am quite sure of the title.

Altered State (s) man. Clever

Okay. Here is the link to the show:

http://www.tv.com/unsolved-history/jfk-alt...89/summary.html

Thanks Peter.