The Education Forum

Tim Gratz's Section

Not that it's my job to defend Tim, but I feel compelled to point out that he is not as stuck in his ways as some might believe. A few years ago he was leaning towards Cuba or the KGB. Now he considers the mob a likely suspect. In another few years--who knows--maybe he'll conclude it was the CIA, and then we can all do a little jig.

I met Tim while on vacation in Key West and would be thoroughly surprised if he was involved in any deliberate disinformation campaign. He's just a little--shall we say--enthusiastic.

It was because of your request that I reinstated Tim. I know he has got round you by flattering your own research. He did the same to me when he first joined the forum. He pretends to agree with you and then attempts to graft his “Castro” did it onto the theory.

I would not take too much notice about his willingness to accept the Mafia was involved. Have you not read his posts when he claims that Castro was in league with the Mafia (he ignores the fact that Castro kicked out the Mafia and that is why they were willing to join forces with the CIA in an attempt to overthrow his regime.)

You describe his style as “enthusiastic”. However, I think the term “manic” is more appropriate. I have no trouble him starting his own threads on how Castro or the KGB assassinated JFK. He has been doing this for years and it causes few problems. In fact, except for a few newbies, most members ignore these threads as they aware that Tim is unwilling to discuss these issues in a rational manner.

My problem is with Tim’s insistence in posting jokes and irrelevant material on important threads. He can be guaranteed to do this on any thread that deals with the CIA and anyone associated with the Republican Party. Look at his postings yesterday for example on the thread on one of the Republican largest donors to extreme right-wing causes, Patrick Frawley.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=10684

Tim’s tactic is to post immediately after someone has made an important contribution. His theory is that most members ignore threads where his name appears at the end. I cannot allow this to go on and intend to delete these posts when he does it. I have started this thread where Tim can post his nonsense to his heart’s content. Members can then choose to read this thread or any other he starts up himself.

Not that it's my job to defend Tim, but I feel compelled to point out that he is not as stuck in his ways as some might believe. A few years ago he was leaning towards Cuba or the KGB. Now he considers the mob a likely suspect. In another few years--who knows--maybe he'll conclude it was the CIA, and then we can all do a little jig.

I met Tim while on vacation in Key West and would be thoroughly surprised if he was involved in any deliberate disinformation campaign. He's just a little--shall we say--enthusiastic.

It was because of your request that I reinstated Tim. I know he has got round you by flattering your own research. He did the same to me when he first joined the forum. He pretends to agree with you and then attempts to graft his “Castro” did it onto the theory.

I would not take too much notice about his willingness to accept the Mafia was involved. Have you not read his posts when he claims that Castro was in league with the Mafia (he ignores the fact that Castro kicked out the Mafia and that is why they were willing to join forces with the CIA in an attempt to overthrow his regime.)

You describe his style as “enthusiastic”. However, I think the term “manic” is more appropriate. I have no trouble him starting his own threads on how Castro or the KGB assassinated JFK. He has been doing this for years and it causes few problems. In fact, except for a few newbies, most members ignore these threads as they aware that Tim is unwilling to discuss these issues in a rational manner.

My problem is with Tim’s insistence in posting jokes and irrelevant material on important threads. He can be guaranteed to do this on any thread that deals with the CIA and anyone associated with the Republican Party. Look at his postings yesterday for example on the thread on one of the Republican largest donors to extreme right-wing causes, Patrick Frawley.

Tim’s tactic is to post immediately after someone has made an important contribution. His theory is that most members ignore threads where his name appears at the end. I cannot allow this to go on and intend to delete these posts when he does it. I have started this thread where Tim can post his nonsense to his heart’s content. Members can then choose to read this thread or any other he starts up himself.

In defense of Tim, might I state as fact:

If one wants to live peacefully in Key West, FL, then they had best claim that Castro was behind the assassination.

Otherwise, there are just a few down there who would feed one to the fishes!

&Tim,

There is a complete article on the Special Forces Underwater Operations Course/School in the latest issue of "VERITAS", The Journal of Special Operations Forces.

Although most of the oldtimers are now deceased, there are still a few around who made the sub-runs to GITMO, and could tell you some stories.

Just roll up your pants legs, as not unlike many things on this forum, the BS often gets quite deep!

A masterful solution.

Thanks John.

[...]

John,

Thank you!

--Thomas

I know, and God knows.

But I had been referring to the New International Version where the verse reads:

The heart of the wise inclines to the right,

but the heart of the fool to the left.

Whoever was behind the NIV must have been charter members of the religious right!

I like your version better, Mark.

Edited by Tim Gratz

Tim,

Enough of your biblical literalism. I don't care how it's translated, it ain't necessarily so.

Ron

• 1 month later...