The Education Forum

Group Solidarity

It makes one wonder why this sort of thing does not happen more often. A large group acting in solidarity will always defeat a few individuals. However, the same could be said of human beings. Marx would argue that animals lack the concept of class consciousness. I wonder if this event will change their behaviour in the future. Do you thing the young animal survived? It walked away but it must have suffered terrible injuries.

It makes one wonder why this sort of thing does not happen more often. A large group acting in solidarity will always defeat a few individuals. However, the same could be said of human beings. Marx would argue that animals lack the concept of class consciousness. I wonder if this event will change their behaviour in the future. Do you thing the young animal survived? It walked away but it must have suffered terrible injuries.

The tour guide was interviewed on the news and said he didn't see any remains in the next few days/weeks, and he did look for them. So--as incredible as it seems--the calf may have survived.

The tour guide was interviewed on the news and said he didn't see any remains in the next few days/weeks, and he did look for them. So--as incredible as it seems--the calf may have survived.

One of the comments posted in response to this video clip also refers to it being an example for group action :

"This is an incredible lesson given to us by members of nature. teaching us it possible to fight our corrupt Government and Institutions provided we all gang together in unison!"

Apparently, the claws of cats often introduce bacteria into the victim's system and they die a few days later from the infection.

The value of the lesson John would have us learn is almost beyond quantification, and it is one that I've tried to impart, from podiums and via the written word, to JFK researchers over the past two decades.

That COPA and JFK Lancer repeatedly stage overtly competing conferences in Dallas on and around November 22 -- and that the need for such events never goes away -- dramatically illustrate how and why a factionalized herd remains a predator's dream.

When, from a Lancer podium some ten years ago, I called for the group to end the madness and make a peace overture by, in essence, establishing a Fair Play for COPA Committee (my friend Ian Griggs laughed so heartily he nearly wet himself), a Lancer principal responded with a tearful indictment of the evil competitors and their dastardly deeds.

Nothing changes.

The lions win.

Charles

Edited by Charles Drago

One of the comments posted in response to this video clip also refers to it being an example for group action :

"This is an incredible lesson given to us by members of nature. teaching us it possible to fight our corrupt Government and Institutions provided we all gang together in unison!"

Apparently, the claws of cats often introduce bacteria into the victim's system and they die a few days later from the infection.

Of course. The young calf's prognosis is guarded given what it endured.

I focused on the upbeat words of the tour guide to maintain a sense of blissful self-delusion, a sense I also choose to nourish in the battle with the Big Bad.

At worst, the herd did not abandon this calf, their actions were worthy of super-heroes, and the little guy is with its mother if the end does come.

Then again, the tour guide never found any remains, and he searched specifically for them at length.

Young bones are malleable; clearly the leg wasn't dislocated because we saw the calf walk back to the herd.

I did not see any blood.

And, perhaps most significantly, those animals must have exceedingly tough hides. Terrifically tough hides...

I wouldn't rule the little guy out John...