The Education Forum

FBI Files on WC staff members

I take it many people have heard of the fact that Hoover kept files on the Warren Commission staff members and lawyers so he knew a lot more on them than they would have cared to know!

The files for David Belin and even Gerald Ford and others would be interesting to see if they have been involved in any political activity or even arrests for drunken driving or soliciting a prostitute, among others.

Comments?

In my opinion, the worst WC lawyer had to be David Belin and we all know about his tactics and shenanigans while conducting the WC's "investigation". Even some of his fellow WC staff lawyers such as Burt Griffin called them "shameful".

As for Hoover, it did not matter who was good or bad, liberal or conservative. He had files on EVERYONE, period.

Just my two cents.

Of course, I have not seen any actual files but Griffin said some years ago that back in 1964, criticizing the Bureau and Hoover was something one did not do.

Bear in mind that the WC staff lawyers were all young guys fresh out of law school and they figured tat this WC "glamour job" would look good on their resumes. Furthermore, they had no investigative experience at all and as junior members of the American Establishment, did not wish to rock the boat with Uncle Sam.