The Education Forum

What Did Killing Kennedy Accomplish?

I notice no one is responding to the poll on what purpose it served to kill JFK. I guess nobody with theories can say what the actual reason for killing Kennedy was.

The actual reason for killing Kennedy was to change him

from a live person to a dead one, in order that his

successor could replace him, to the great satisfaction

of all those who killed him.

Simple.

Jack ;)

Why did someone want Johnson to become President for 5 years, so much so that they undertook the monumental task of assassinating Kennedy and covering it up?

EACH of the following junta members had DIFFERING motives:

LBJ and cronies

Hoover and cronies

Dulles and cronies, not necessarily THE CIA

Nixon (picked to succeed LBJ)

Joint Chiefs and select military

Oil Men/the ultra wealthy

Disgruntled CIA "rogues" (not full agency)

Right wingers (incl police and Secret Service)

Republicans (stop the Kennedy DYNASTY)

Anti-Castro Cubans

Anti-Communists

Mafia...US and Cuban

Big business, steel/banking/MIC

Note that I did not include Kruschev or Castro.

Jack ;)

That's a pretty wide range of people, but you only say why the Republicans would have done it. You don't cite a reason for anyone else.

My question was "why," not who.

So what did it accomplish to have LBJ as President for 5 years? Why did someone want LBJ to be President for 5 years?

You seem to be the consumate "theorist" with no answers, like lots of "theorists."

That's a pretty wide range of people, but you only say why the Republicans would have done it. You don't cite a reason for anyone else.

My question was "why," not who.

So what did it accomplish to have LBJ as President for 5 years? Why did someone want LBJ to be President for 5 years?

You seem to be the consumate "theorist" with no answers, like lots of "theorists."

I did not say that this diverse GROUP had a COMMON motive.

I said that EACH OF THOSE NAMED HAD THEIR OWN MOTIVES.

It is a very simple concept. Each member of the cabal had

his own motive. IT WAS NOT A GROUP MOTIVE.

LBJ wanted to be president. He hated JFK. He wanted to escape

disgrace for criminal activities.

Others had THEIR own motives.

You name the motives for each. But it really would take a BIG BOOK

to list all of the reasons.

Understand?

Jack;)

PS...I did NOT say THE Republicans. I said Republicans. You imply

that I said THE REPUBLICAN PARTY. NOT SO!

Edited by Jack White

Sorry...didn't mean to imply you were saying the Republican party.

So LBJ's motive was simply that he hated Kennedy (even though he agreed to be his VP 3 years earlier) and LBJ knew he would get to be President for 5 years?

What were the motives for the others?

Why did they want LBJ to be President for 5 years?

Sorry...didn't mean to imply you were saying the Republican party.

So LBJ's motive was simply that he hated Kennedy (even though he agreed to be his VP 3 years earlier) and LBJ knew he would get to be President for 5 years?

What were the motives for the others?

Why did they want LBJ to be President for 5 years?

I you have not read enough of the historical

record to KNOW THE MOTIVES OF EACH OF THE

SUSPECTS, I cannot help you. I do not have

a time to write a NEW book on topics which

have already been well covered in several

hundred other books.

Go to the library. Do your homework.

Jack White ;)

I know who killed Kennedy and I know why. They didn't want LBJ to be President for 5 years. They were planning on killing him on Saturday, October 31, 1964. That way, the far-right, pro-segregation, Senator Barry Goldwater would have won the 1964 Presidential election.

The Suffolk County Police found the person that they were going to use as a fall guy.

On October 31, 1964, Suffolk County Police arrested Robert Babcock 300 yards from Republic Aviation Corporation in New York, where President Johnson stepped from his plane on the company’s airstrip eight minutes later. He was arrested because he had a telescopic rifle on the seat beside him and a loaded shotgun in his trunk. Detectives spotted him in a routine check and took him into custody twenty minutes before the President passed by. [New York Times, 11-1-64, page 78 & Dallas Morning News, 11-1-64, page 10]

“The President’s motorcade had been expected to make a number of stops along the motorcade route . . .” [New York Times, 11-1-64, page 78]

Robert Babcock was questioned by Suffolk County Police and the Secret Service, and “said first that he had been going on a hunting trip when he decided to stop and see the motorcade. He then said he made a bet with barroom acquaintances that he could do what he did without being detected.”

“He was charged with disorderly conduct and jailed for the night.”

If they had succeeded in killing Johnson on 10/31/64 . . .

Representative John W. McCormack of Massachusetts, elected Speaker of the House in January 1962 after House Speaker Sam Rayburn died, would have become President, and no state in the South, nor the state that would elect Ronald Reagan as Governor in 1966, conservative California, “the heart of Western conservatism” that flourished in the mountain states, would be going to the liberal Representative from Massachusetts, who would have two days to convince people that he should be President; two days to convince people that his thirty-four months as Speaker of the House made him more qualified to be President of the United States than the well-traveled high-profile Barry Goldwater.

Liberal Senator Hubert Humphrey of Minnesota, who was President Johnson’s running mate, certainly wouldn’t have fared much better in a race with Barry Goldwater, and there would have been mass confusion on November 3, 1964, as people voted in a contest between a dead President and Barry Goldwater.

People who were determined to vote against Goldwater would have to figure out whether they were trying to elect President McCormack or, if when they voted for the Johnson-Humphrey ticket, they were trying to elect Hubert Humphrey to the Office of President.

Were they trying to elect President McCormack while electing Hubert Humphrey to the Office of Vice President, or were they trying to elect one of them to the Office of President while not electing anyone to the Office of Vice President?

If Senator Humphrey declared that he had a better chance of defeating Barry Goldwater, or if he declared that he was entitled to be the nominee, it certainly would have compounded the confusion during the two days that “President McCormack” would have had in which to announce his candidacy.

Devout opponents of Barry Goldwater would have to tune in to the news, read the newspapers on Sunday and Monday, and try to find out from polling officials just who and what they were voting for as they futilely tried to prevent Barry Goldwater from being elected President.

The “Secret Service” would have realized their goal of having Barry Goldwater elected President.

Robert Babcock’s story about a bet with “barroom acquaintances” wouldn’t have helped him any more than a letter to “President Goldwater” stating, as a very upset Lee Harvey Oswald once said, “I emphatically deny these charges.”

It's that simple.