The Education Forum

Interview with Robert Novak

Tim Gratz

http://www.rightwingnews.com/mt331/2007/08...obert_novak.php

In "Right Wing News" there is an interview with Robert Novak re his new book, "Prince of Darkness" (I assume he is applying the title to himself).

John and others should find part of the interview interesting. Novak thinks William Sullivan was murdered.

Or was his hunting partner simply a member of the Cheney school of hunting? Sorry, one should not joke about an incident, whether accidental or not, that caused someone's death.

Have not read his book. I am sure Novak has no evidence that Sullivan was murdered but he was strongly influenced by Sullivan's "prediction" that he might very well be killed in an "accident".

Edited by Tim Gratz

http://www.rightwingnews.com/mt331/2007/08...obert_novak.php

In "Right Wing News" there is an interview with Robert Novak re his new book, "Prince of Darkness" (I assume he is applying the title to himself).

John and others should find part of the interview interesting. Novak thinks William Sullivan was murdered.

Or was his hunting partner simply a member of the Cheney school of hunting? Sorry, one should not joke about an incident, whether accidental or not, that caused someone's death.

Have not read his book. I am sure Novak has no evidence that Sullivan was murdered but he was strongly influenced by Sullivan's "prediction" that he might very well be killed in an "accident".

Thank you for that. I will add it to my page on William Sullivan. The reason that Sullivan felt he was in danger is that he was writing his memoirs. Sullivan was the FBI lead investigator into the assassinations of JFK and MLK. In his memoirs published after his death, Sullivan says that in his opinion that Oswald and Ray were not "lone gunman". Sullivan was also working for Nixon at the time of Watergate and could have been one of Woodward's sources. I suspect that it was Sullivan who told Nixon about what he knew about the CIA connections to the assassination of JFK. I believe it was this that Nixon was trying to blackmail Helms with that resulted in the CIA setting him up over the Watergate break-in and then passing on information to the Washington Post via Woodward who with very little journalistic background (he had been working for Navy Intelligence) and had been recently recruited by Ben Bradlee who had been working for the CIA since the 1950s.

Anyone know if the man who says he accidentally shot Sullivan:

(a) is still alive?

(:tomatoes if dead, how he died?

May never be able to prove if Sullivan was murdered, but if he was it was no doubt for what he knew and someone was afraid he might tell.

John, if you have read Sullivan's memoirs, is my inference correct that in them he claims no personal knowledge (I mean from files) that JFK and MLK were not each killed by lone nuts? In other words, what he says is said as his opinion based on his evaluation of the evidence? Even if so, the fact that such a high-ranking official in the FBI disagreed with the WC is of course of some significance.

Of course (and I recall this subject being discussed very early on) if you have information on a "dirty secret" that some one might kill to keep you from revealing, your best protection is to go public with it. (Of course, then you could be killed for retaliation or as a warning to others to keep quiet.)