The Education Forum

Wilfried Huismann’s “The Plot to Kill JFK: The Cuban Connection”

So it is now BK's assertion that the Teen Age Republicans (the only political group with which I was associated in 1963) were part of the plot? Unreal!

There was an interesting article in today's Wall Street Journal re what happens to the brain with increasing age.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "Docu" was produced by German TV Channels ARD and WDR and a Japanese TV- Channel. 2 Million viewers have seen it, when first sent.

. The reaction to the Docu was weak. The Docu was widely criticised in the German newspapers. The German title is: Rendezvous mit dem Tod, which means: Rendezvous with Death.

Some critics called the Docu therefore: rendezvous with a Hoax.

It cost the the German TV- tax payer ( ARD- WDR are government channels you have to pay for) 850 000 Euro, that is over 1 000 000 Dollar. That's a good amount of money for complete bullxxxx.

IMO Huisman was duped by Gus Russo and others. He himself is no disinformant- agent.

Edited by Karl Kinaski

So it is now BK's assertion that the Teen Age Republicans (the only political group with which I was associated in 1963) were part of the plot? Unreal!

There was an interesting article in today's Wall Street Journal re what happens to the brain with increasing age.

Yo! Tim,

You were a teenager in the 60s and already committed to the Republicans?

How did you know so much so early?

And Tim, did you hear your Key West neighbor JB is now going to be my new Atlantic City neighbor?

Goodbye Donald, welcome to the Jersey Shore Jimmy.

I think too many Margharettas give me a headache.

And Karl, thanks for your comments on Huisman and the film. Much appreciated.

BK

There is nothing I would like more than blaming Castro and his G2 rabble for involvement

in the death of JFK. In one or another way I was deeply involved in/and or with many of those people and groups listed above, in the 1960s, once as pro-Castro later anti-Castro.

The German chap and Russo have it wrong. The death of JFK was not a foreign conspiracy.

It was a US. Domestic conspiracy.

There you have it - from someone who was there and involved. Plumlee agrees, as do most others so involved. I've met Russo [he infiltrated my research project in a most destructive way - on purpose] I'm met the German when he was promoting Marita Lorenz's film - and I met Marita. Marita ain't sayin what she ultimately believes - the other two know the truth of the matter - but are not promoting truth....in fact choose to promote the opposite. Thanks for that clear and true statement Harry. For me it carries a lot of weight. All of the evidence I've seen supports that view, as well. Those who see it the 'other way' have some 'agenda' to hide the truth, or mental blinders.

Hi, Peter

It seems the German and Russo aim to bend history for fame, or for fortune,

or for both.

Harry

There is nothing I would like more than blaming Castro and his G2 rabble for involvement

in the death of JFK. In one or another way I was deeply involved in/and or with many of those people and groups listed above, in the 1960s, once as pro-Castro later anti-Castro.

The German chap and Russo have it wrong. The death of JFK was not a foreign conspiracy.

There you have it - from someone who was there and involved. Plumlee agrees, as do most others so involved. I've met Russo [he infiltrated my research project in a most destructive way - on purpose] I'm met the German when he was promoting Marita Lorenz's film - and I met Marita. Marita ain't sayin what she ultimately believes - the other two know the truth of the matter - but are not promoting truth....in fact choose to promote the opposite. Thanks for that clear and true statement Harry. For me it carries a lot of weight. All of the evidence I've seen supports that view, as well. Those who see it the 'other way' have some 'agenda' to hide the truth, or mental blinders.

Hi, Peter

or for both.

Harry

Harry, I don't know anything about the German, but I don't think Russo's aim ior motive s fame or fortune, though he's gotten some good mainstream work, publisher, and credits. Money is not the motive for him to promote the JFK assassination cover story.

I'm sure there's something else going on. I don't think Gus just gushed when the CIA officials took him to lunch, just like Angleton, Scott, Wisner and Philby, a persuasive three martini lunch.

And they're not bending history if you call them out on it.

And Harry, thanks for putting it so solid, as the cover story still rankles me.

BK

BK wrote:

Yo! Tim,

You were a teenager in the 60s and already committed to the Republicans?

How did you know so much so early?

Bill, my father was a died-in-the-wool Democrat and my mother a strong Republican. The ONLY disagreements I ever remember them having were about politics.

I started following public affairs in late 1957, when I was eight years old. (The first historical events I can remember are from about 1957--including Sputnik, the Appalachin conference, the IGY, etc.)

I became a Republican, I believe, because I really liked President Eisenhower and believed he was doing a good job as President.

I suspect mine is not an unusual story. I suspect many young people became Democrats under the influence of JFK just as many young people became Republicans while Reagan was president.

• 6 months later...

There you have it - from someone who was there and involved. Plumlee agrees, as do most others so involved. I've met Russo [he infiltrated my research project in a most destructive way - on purpose] I'm met the German when he was promoting Marita Lorenz's film - and I met Marita. Marita ain't sayin what she ultimately believes - the other two know the truth of the matter - but are not promoting truth....in fact choose to promote the opposite. Thanks for that clear and true statement Harry. For me it carries a lot of weight. All of the evidence I've seen supports that view, as well. Those who see it the 'other way' have some 'agenda' to hide the truth, or mental blinders.

Hi, Peter

or for both.

Harry

Huismann, another German connection, interviewed Fabian "Roberto" Escalante Font for this documentary. Escalante has been the point man in the Cuban G2 investigation of the Kennedy assassination and author of books on the subject.

Escalante met with COPA researchers at two conferences in Rio and Bahamas at which he shared some of the results of his investigation, which Russo calls propaganda.

Russo claims that Escalante, as a young G2 agent of Castro, lived in Minsk at the same time Oswald was there, and was in Dallas "as an observer" on November 22.

BK

• 2 years later...

Ronald Radosh takes the name 'Conspiracy of Dunces" for this article from a novel by John Kennedy Toole, a New Orleans native whose epic comedy went unpublished until after he committed suicide, and then it won a Pulitzer Prize.

It concerns a young man who is almost arrested outside a department store while waiting for his mother, and is suspected of being a communist agitator by a policeman, a scene that I believe Toole based on Oswald's arrest for distributing FPCC leaflets.

His analysis of Russo and Huismann is correct in that it is wrong, but he fails to bring out the fact that their proposition is the original cover story for the Dealey Plaza operation.

BK

JFKcountercoup

Conspiracies Of Dunces

http://www.hudson.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=publication_details&id=3870

February 15, 2006

by Ronald Radosh

Everyoneloves conspiracy theories, and Europe is no different. First they had thebest-selling French book whose author claimed the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon werecovert actions of American intelligence; next there was the Arab world's claimthat it was an operation by Israeli intelligence. Now we have a new one - inthe form of a much-hyped German television documentary, "Rendezvous WithDeath," directed by Wilfried Huismann with the help of an American JFKassassination buff named Gus Russo. The film first aired in Germany in January and is nowbeing readied for American distribution.

Ulrich Deppendorf, the director of German television's public broadcastingnetwork, ARD - the equivalent of PBS here - claims the documentary proves that"Lee Harvey Oswald was the final pawn in a murderous feud between FidelCastro and the Kennedy brothers." This writer would love nothing more thanto reveal that the detestable Fidel Castro, one of the hemisphere's fewremaining communist dictators and tyrants, had a hand in President Kennedy'smurder, using Oswald as a secret top agent of Cuba's G-2, itsintelligence arm. Unfortunately, this tendentious and conspiratorial film -blending favored conspiracy theories of both the far left and far right - fallsfar short of the task.

The 90-minute film offers the following line of argument. Oswald, then a24-year-old Castro supporter, got his orders in the Cuban Embassy in Mexico City, where G-2 gave himthe job of assassinating the American president. The job was Mr. Castro'sretaliation for the CIA's comic and failedattempts to have Mr. Castro killed - from exploding cigars to poison in hisfood. Those who have not studied the hundreds of assassination books, or had achance to read Gerald Posner's definitive conspiracy-debunking "CaseClosed," might find the film compelling on first viewing.

Over dramatic music, Mr. Huismann presents - for the "first time" ofcourse - tapped phone calls from the Cuban Embassy in Mexico; references to secretKGB documents about Oswald; and alleged former agents from G-2, now in exile inSpain and Mexico. Each says he alwaysknew Oswald was their former agency's pawn. Mr. Huismann also interviews LarryKeenan, a former FBI agent who was sent to investigate in Mexico after Kennedy's death- and quickly called back - as well as a former CIA officer named SamHalpern, who was involved in the plots to eliminate Mr. Castro in the 1960s.But Mr. Halpern offers nothing to substantiate the film's thesis, merelyreiterating familiar stories about the attempts to assassinate Mr. Castro.

Compelling? Hardly. First, the witnesses are all speaking secondhand; not oneof them is said to have been involved in running Oswald. Take one charge madeby Mr. Huismann. An unidentified but alleged FSB officer, presented insilhouette,reads from what he says is a secret telegram dated July 18, 1962, sent by the KGB (the FSB's predecessoragency) to the Cubans. The gist of the message allegedly supports former G-2agent Antulio Ramirez's claim that the KGB contacted him to let him know thatOswald had gone back to the United States, and was thereforeready for some unspecified mission. We are offered no proof that such atelegram exists save for Mr. Huismann's source's claim. Likewise, we are toldthat Oswald's attempt to kill right-wing Major General Edwin Walker in April1963 - which he fumbled - was a test run by G-2 to see whether he was capableof assassination. Again, not one iota of hard evidence is offered; it's justasserted that the Cubans were involved.

The main evidence offered by Mr. Huismann and writer Gus Russo - their would-besmoking gun - is a document written on White House stationary. It says on themorning of November 22, the day JFK was killed, Fabian Escalante, the head of Cuba's counterintelligence service and a top adviser to Mr. Castro, took off in a smallpassenger plane to Dallas from Mexico to personallysupervise the impending assassination. After Kennedy was dead, Escalantepurportedly flew back to Mexico and switched toanother plane for his return to Cuba.

Viewers are shown dramatic footage of a small plane, which we are told is"Escalante's plane" and proves nothing. (The claim is the equivalentof someone who says he has proof that then CIA chief of counterintelligence James Angleton had flown into Havana in a small plane tosupervise the various attempts to assassinate Mr. Castro.) We are never toldhow Escalante brazenly managed to fly into Dallas the day of thepresident's appearance undetected by radar, immigration, or customs, and thendirect a covert operation. Mr. Huismann says he got the handwritten memo, whichis shown on screen, from a former JFK and LBJ aide, Martin Underwood, who askedthat it not be made public until his own death.

Why would Underwood have waited decades to release this document, when foryears he was a key proponent of JFK conspiracy theories? The filmmakers do notdisclose that Underwood was thoroughly discredited as a fabricator years ago.Max Holland, the author of "The Kennedy Assassination Tapes" (andwith whom I watched the new film), blew apart one falsehood this same Underwoodhad peddled to Seymour Hersh: that in 1960 he was ordered by a JFK aide tofollow JFK's one-time mistress, Judith Exner, on a train from Washington, D.C.,to Chicago. Moreover, in the late 1990s, when Underwood was asked by U.S.government lawyers from the Assassination Records Review Board (ARRB) to repeatand document the Exner story and others he had told to the press, Underwoodeventually recanted every one of his tall tales.

The final report of the ARRB discussed the very same document that is thecenterpiece of the film - i.e., the report of the secret plane trip byEscalante to Dallas to run Oswald.Underwood acknowledged to the board that he had a "lot of extra WhiteHouse stationary left over from his work with President Johnson," andwrote this particular note in 1992 or 1993 for Hersh's benefit." Yet Mr.Huismann would have us believe it is one of his own exclusive discoveries. Itwas with good reason the ARRB discarded this uncorroborated, if not absurd,charge, now disingenuously resurrected by Messrs. Huismann and Russo.

Aside from hearsay, careful viewers will note that the dramatic allegations areall unproved. We do not learn that both the CIA and FBI evaluated andfound Ramirez's claims to be worthless. A former Cuban archivist says he saw anOswald-Kennedy dossier, but does not know what was in it. A retired FBI agent,Laurence Keenan, claims to have read Mexican secret service documents provingthat a Cuban agent - a black man with red hair - gave Oswald money and helpedprepare him for the assassination. On camera, Mr. Keenan claims he was sent to Mexico to investigate butwas quickly called back because LBJ wanted Oswald identified as a loneassassin. Why did Johnson call for a cover-up? According to Mr. Keenan, the newpresident was afraid that telling the truth about Oswald would lead to a thirdworld war. (While Johnson was indeed worried, when he formed the WarrenCommission, he told Senator Richard Russell to get the facts, wherever theymight lead.)

Mr. Huismann next turns to a former secretary of state, Alexander Haig, who asa young lieutenant colonel worked with the government when the attorney generalwas hatching plots against Mr. Castro. Mr. Haig notes that Cuba sent the U.S. government warningsthat it should stop, or Cuba would act on its ownin a similar fashion. According to Mr. Haig, Johnson's cover-up was simplypolitical: No Democrat could ever be elected if the Democratic president wasshown to have let Mr. Castro get away with JFK's murder. But Mr. Haig, like LBJa longtime believer in a Castro conspiracy, has only his opinion to offer - andno evidence of any kind to prove a conspiracy existed.

Mr. Russo, the film's researcher and writer, is a man who has writtenpreviously about these events. He has been shown to misconstrue evidence or, asMr. Holland once wrote, leave out "anything and everything thatcontradicts his preferred thesis." In that vein, the filmmakers evoke Mr.Keenan's belief that he and the United States "blew it"and failed to follow leads. The implication is that Mr. Keenan, too, thinks G-2was behind the assassination. The filmmakers do not mention that Mr. Keenan isreported to believe JFK was killed by rogue CIA agents - not by Mr.Castro.

Mr. Huismann's claim that he and Mr. Russo, in their three years of work on thedocumentary, have "settled the question" and proved that Mr. Castroor G-2 in Havana ordered theassassination is quite simply balderdash. As a recent article in the Mexicanweekly Eme-equis shows, nothing the filmmakers turned up in Mexico cements their casefor a Cuban-directed conspiracy, and Mexico City is where the allegedconspiracy was hatched. If they don't have the goods there, they don't have thegoods at all.

This article appeared in The New York Sun on February 14, 2006.

RonaldRadosh is an adjunct fellowat the Hudson Institute; Prof. Emeritus of History at the City University ofNew York, and the author of many books, including "The RosenbergFile;" "Divided They Fell: The Demise of the Democratic Party,1964-1996," and most recently, "Commies: A Journey Through the Old Left,the New Left and the Leftover Left."

EmailRonald Radosh

Actually Mr. Kelly is not as far from the truth then you think he is, I too for awhile didn't think of Castro being involved in the plot to assassinate Kennedy, however, new and I say (NEW) documentation has convinced me otherwise. Tomorrow I'll be meeting with those in Miami who say they were recruited in both plots, to assassinate Kennedy and Castro.

These people are now in their mid 80's and knew my father. My goal is to uncover the truth of what they know and record my conversation with (them). According to one them, he has documents he has has never shown anyone, and as Mr. Hougan stated in one of his threads, it was thought that all of these documents were destroyed, all but one. (Not true).

I wish I could put up more information here not to convince you, but rather for you to look at something in a different light, however, I've already posted to much in the past and I can not afford to jeopardize my upcoming meetings.

Mr. Harry J.Dean, can you tell me which group you were affiliated with? And with whom did you know personally? There is so much more that I want and will share with you, but time does not permit me to do so right now.

Bill, you are on the right track!

And Mr. Dean take no offence of me asking you your Bonafides, I am merely seeking and tracking down people who knew my father and would/could share with me their life's experiences and adventures.

Edited by Scott Kaiser

Actually Mr. Kelly is not as far from the truth then you think he is, I too for awhile didn't think of Castro being involved in the plot to assassinate Kennedy, however, new and I say (NEW) documentation has convinced me otherwise. Tomorrow I'll be meeting with those in Miami who say they were recruited in both plots, to assassinate Kennedy and Castro.

These people are now in their mid 80's and knew my father. My goal is to uncover the truth of what they know and record my conversation with (them). According to one them, he has documents he has has never shown anyone, and as Mr. Hougan stated in one of his threads, it was thought that all of these documents were destroyed, all but one. (Not true).

I wish I could put up more information here not to convince you, but rather for you to look at something in a different light, however, I've already posted to much in the past and I can not afford to jeopardize my upcoming meetings.

Mr. Harry J.Dean, can you tell me which group you were affiliated with? And with whom did you know personally? There is so much more that I want and will share with you, but time does not permit me to do so right now.

And Mr. Dean take no offence of me asking you your Bonafides, I am merely seeking and tracking down people who knew my father and would/could share with me their life's experiences and adventures.

I kinda miss Tim Gratz, but if the Teen Age Republicans sprouted the bogus story that Castro was behind the assassination they certainly didn't have to be a part of the plot to promote the cover-story, which many people actually wanted to believe was true. In addition, Gratz went on to grow out of his teenage years and actually become affiliated with Donald Segretti and the black bag dirty tricksters so it comes as quite odd that he would make the assertion he was innocent when he was a teen.

As for Harry Dean, his bonifides are well known as many of his FBI and CIA records were released under the JFK Act and indicate that he was a government informant while attached to the Chicago FPCC and traveled to Cuba and was interrogated by Cuban G2. Harry has been very open and forthright about his experiences.

BK

These people are now in their mid 80's and knew my father. My goal is to uncover the truth of what they know and record my conversation with (them). According to one them, he has documents he has has never shown anyone, and as Mr. Hogan stated in one of his threads, it was thought that all of these documents were destroyed, all but one. (Not true).

I kinda miss Tim Gratz, but if the Teen Age Republicans sprouted the bogus story that Castro was behind the assassination they certainly didn't have to be a part of the plot to promote the cover-story, which many people actually wanted to believe was true. In addition, Gratz went on to grow out of his teenage years and actually become affiliated with Donald Segretti and the black bag dirty tricksters so it comes as quite odd that he would make the assertion he was innocent when he was a teen.

As for Harry Dean, his bona fides are well known as many of his FBI and CIA records were released under the JFK Act and indicate that he was a government informant while attached to the Chicago FPCC and traveled to Cuba and was interrogated by Cuban G2. Harry has been very open and forthright about his experiences.

BK

As for Harry Dean, his bonafides are well known as many of his FBI and CIA records were released under the JFK Act and indicate that he was a government informant while attached to the Chicago FPCC and traveled to Cuba and was interrogated by Cuban G2. Harry has been very open and forthright about his experiences.

Bill,

I am not saying he wasn't involved as a pro-Castro and later anti-Castro or that he was captured and later interrogated by Cuban G2 in Cuba, and could have been an informant while attached to the Chicago FPCC. All I'm asking is what anti-Castro group he says he was affiliated with in Miami? And whom did he personally know in Miami? The point I'm trying to make is if he may have also known my father? Segretti did do a lot of traveling all over the country trying to recruit for Dicks dirty ticks, but not even Segretti knew what it was truly all about.

Edited by Scott Kaiser

Scott, I don't think Harry checks in every day.

You should send him a PM.

You should also check out the book My Father the Spy - An Investigative Memoir by John Richardson, who did what you are trying to do.

BK

Bill & Scott

I would need to view a picture of your father for

possible recognition.

Re; Miami,Fl. I only touched-down there briefly on

flights to and from Cuba. My connections were with

Larry Howard and L. Hall between Los Angeles,Ca and

the Miami area. 'Among other anti-Castro efforts'

my task was receive phone calls from them about plans

for and results of raids on Cuba by their group{s},then

to feed this information for press release at this

end.

H.Dean

Scott, I don't think Harry checks in every day.

You should send him a PM.

You should also check out the book My Father the Spy - An Investigative Memoir by John Richardson, who did what you are trying to do.

BK

Bill & Scott

I would need to view a picture of your father for

possible recognition.

Re; Miami,Fl. I only touched-down there briefly on

flights to and from Cuba. My connections were with

Larry Howard and L. Hall between Los Angeles,Ca and

the Miami area. 'Among other anti-Castro efforts'

my task was receive phone calls from them about plans

for and results of raids on Cuba by their group{s},then

to feed this information for press release at this

end.

H.Dean

Hello Dean,

Here is a photo of my father and Wilfredo Navarro, they were apart of the Cubanos Unidos, the second photo is my father and Pedro Lanz Diaz in 1973.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20673422/Kaiser%20%26%20Navarro.bmp

With Wilfredo

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20673422/Perdo%20Lanz%20Diaz%20%26%20Ed%20Kaiser.bmp

With Pedro