The Education Forum

The Bugliosi/Spence "Mock Trial"

Tim Gratz

Does anyone have a transcript of this?

Is it avaliable on YouTube? Or for sale?

I believe there may be some interesting info in there.

In VB's book he mentions statements made by Ed Lopez put in evidence by GS. The Lopez statements seem incredible on their face but if true they contain an eye-opening revelation. More on that later.

Any one have any idea where Mr. Lopez is these days?

I think Ed Lopez was interviewed by Shane O' Sullivan for his RFK assassination documentary, he might be able to help you out in that respect.

I'm in a place at the moment that has a copt of the trial that you are talking about. You can send me a message about which part you need reviewed and I can take a look.

John

I think Ed Lopez was interviewed by Shane O' Sullivan for his RFK assassination documentary, he might be able to help you out in that respect.

I'm in a place at the moment that has a copt of the trial that you are talking about. You can send me a message about which part you need reviewed and I can take a look.

John

I, too, am frustrated about the lack of availability of this televised trial. Virtually every available quote from this trial comes courtesy VB and David Von Pein. As a result, only half the case has been provided to the public.

To John, I do not have VB book with me but in it VB states that in the mock trial (I think during his cross of Lopez) Lopez stated that the HSCA had a photo of the actual assassin and he wanted to interview him but was refused. Again according to VB Lopez said the man was working for the FBI, CIA and KGB (presumably all at the same time). It sounds a bit like Richard Nagell but we know Nagell was in jail on Nov 22. Lopez was asked if these agencies knew whoa ll Oswald was working for and his reply was they did not know then but they sure did now. Hard to tell from what VB said who was LHO's "ultimate sponsor", i.e. was he working for the KGB but as a double agent for the CIA, or vice versa?

VB used it to demonstrate how Lopez "self-destructed" on cross examination.

Now Lopez is an intelligent man. What is up here? Was he on to something? Was he just confused about Nagell? Or did he make the whole thing up?

)Lopez said his oath of secrecy prevented him from naming the individual. How he could testify as far as he did without violating the oath I find hard to understand.)

In any event, it is quite an interesting story but coming from VB it would be great to check it by either watching the Lopez testimony or reading a transcript of it.

Edited by Tim Gratz