The Education Forum

Two incriminating letters...but are they fakes?

I recently found , on the internet , 2 very incriminating letters. One was an FBI inter office memo from Hoover himself stating that someone was impersonating Oswald in New Orleans and stealing trucks, this was when Oswald was still serving in the army. The second letter was concerning Jack Ruby whilst he was living in Chicago. The letter was from Nixon to the Chicago PD basically requesting they drop certain charges against Ruby as he was helping Nixon with certain criminal investigations. The letter would suggest that Ruby was Nixon's 'snitch'. I'm sure most forum members will be aware of these two letters, they seem to be common knowledge, but does anyone know if these letters have ever been authenticated or are just internet fakes? Thanks in advance , Denis.

Edited by Denis Pointing

but does anyone know if these letters have ever been authenticated or are just internet fakes? Thanks in advance , Denis.

I'm familiar with a letter from Nixon's staff in 1947 that asked that Ruby not be called to testify in open testimony as part of the UnAmerican Activities but I've never seen the letter to the Chicago PD. If both of these letters are authentic then that adds to the fact that Nixon left Dallas the morning of the assassination. I'd be interested in seeing the Chicago PD letter. It is my understanding the Nixon/House UnAmerican Actiivties letter was found in the late 1990's in government files.

Nixon-Ruby-1947.jpg

The Hoover letter regarding someone imitating Oswald is, to my understanding, legit. The Ruby/Nixon letter, however, is considered to be of questionable origin. CTs swear by it, but LNs don't buy it. I'm pretty sure no one's verified its legitimacy...

The Hoover letter regarding someone imitating Oswald is, to my understanding, legit. The Ruby/Nixon letter, however, is considered to be of questionable origin. CTs swear by it, but LNs don't buy it. I'm pretty sure no one's verified its legitimacy...

Pat,

I don't think this is an issue you can put to a vote, or let CTs and LNs debate about.

They are either legit or forgeries.

And that should be agreed on regardless of view.

If forgeries, someone forged them, a crime.

If not, what do they say?

Certainly not evidence of conspiracy. Interesting nontheless.

Why forge such records that prove nothing but serve historical interest?

It doen't make any senes to forge such things, unless you really are a nut.

BK

Or, possibly, a KGB agent. Remember the "Hunt" letter!

Or maybe a White House agent. Remember E. Howard and the "cables" about the Diem assassination.

Is it not clear the "Operation Zipper" documents were forged? Shouldn't something be done when someone forges documents that may change history?

Pat,

I don't think this is an issue you can put to a vote, or let CTs and LNs debate about.

They are either legit or forgeries.

And that should be agreed on regardless of view.

If forgeries, someone forged them, a crime.

If not, what do they say?

Certainly not evidence of conspiracy. Interesting nontheless.

Why forge such records that prove nothing but serve historical interest?

It doen't make any senes to forge such things, unless you really are a nut.

BK

I agree, Bill, the issue of whether or not info floating around is real or not is annoying as heck. To my recollection, the Ruby/Nixon letter was purportedly uncovered by a researcher, in some files in Chicago, but was no longer there when others tried to verify its existence. If anyone remembers the whole story, and would care remind us what went down, it would be appreciated. Perhaps one of us could stop by and look for the document next time we're in Chicago. (Or wherever this file is located).

but does anyone know if these letters have ever been authenticated or are just internet fakes? Thanks in advance , Denis.

I'm familiar with a letter from Nixon's staff in 1947 that asked that Ruby not be called to testify in open testimony as part of the UnAmerican Activities but I've never seen the letter to the Chicago PD. If both of these letters are authentic then that adds to the fact that Nixon left Dallas the morning of the assassination. I'd be interested in seeing the Chicago PD letter. It is my understanding the Nixon/House UnAmerican Actiivties letter was found in the late 1990's in government files.

Nixon-Ruby-1947.jpg

Hello Bill, I stumbled on both these letters whilst searching on the net for something totally unrelated, I placed them in a folder so I could look at them more closely at a later time. Now, typically on my family shared computer, I cant find the damn folder. I will try to track them down, but it could be like looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack. Denis.

Edited by Denis Pointing

This from Gary Mack.

Hi Denis,

The Oswald document refers to a man named simply "Oswald," not specifically Lee Harvey Oswald. The surname Oswald was rather popular in Louisiana in those days.

As for the Ruby document, it is a fake. Note that there is a zip code on the letterhead address - but zip codes weren't introduced by the Post Office until years later.

Gary Mack

This from Gary Mack.

Hi Denis,

The Oswald document refers to a man named simply "Oswald," not specifically Lee Harvey Oswald. The surname Oswald was rather popular in Louisiana in those days.

As for the Ruby document, it is a fake. Note that there is a zip code on the letterhead address - but zip codes weren't introduced by the Post Office until years later.

Gary Mack

With respect for Gary Mack, there is a case to be made for explaining the zip code. See post on my blog:

http://coverthistory.blogspot.com/2006/12/...t-document.html

This from Gary Mack.

Hi Denis,

Gary Mack

With respect for Gary Mack, there is a case to be made for explaining the zip code. See post on my blog:

http://coverthistory.blogspot.com/2006/12/...t-document.html

Thanks for the link Gary, It was well worth a visit. But (unless my memories getting worse) I dont belive this was the document I saw. The description in post #1, although not precise, is more as I remember it. Now I'm wondering if Gary Mack was referring to your document rather than mine! I have already spent hours trying to re- find it on the net, guess I need to keep looking. Thanks again Gary. Denis.

Here is a document from the Chicago PD responding to an inquiry about the Nixon-Ruby letter. It states in the response that the Chicago PD checked it out, and the Jack Rubinstein mentioned in the letter wasn't the same person as Jack Rubinstein a.k.a. Jack Ruby. It's dated Nov. 27, 1963, so if this document is legit, then so is the Nixon-Ruby letter. I can't vouch for Chicago PD's opinion, however. We have two Oswalds, why not two Jack Rubys? :blink:

JWK

Well, I tried to upload the document, but it won't let me. Here is a link from imageshack. Note the last paragraph.

post6321181349564gr5.th.jpg

Edited by J. William King