The Education Forum

immoderate "moderators"

Jack White

Oh, OK. I think I see a pattern, and it breaks down like this:

Step 1. If someone is really getting to you, start a thread about them.

If it's open, go ahead and post there. If a moderator locks it, proceed to Step 2.

Step 2. Start a thread about the locked thread. Post that you know that it will eventually be locked as well as these things tend to get a bit vicious. After that thread is locked proceed to Step 3.

Step 3. Start a thread about the moderators. Be sure to question any motives, why they are doing what they are doing. Add some catchy modifiers such as ''biased', "immoderate", etc.

I do not frequent the PC board,and 1/2 the time am not really familiar with any poster's MO. Many of us do not read all threads. We are not looking for substance, but are concerned as to how it is said. Intervention isn't usually done unless the problem has become extreme. We have no idea there is a problem, in some cases,until someone send us a PM.

And Peter, I am not clear on the 98% moderator response--it that just a figure of speech?

I assure you that each PM we receive is discussed. Some are venting, and some are questioning, and some are reporting. We do not publish them. There is no need to. Most people desire anonymity in these matters.

Kathy Beckett

That seems a fairly accurate account of what happens. Like Andy I have been on holiday (we did not advertise the fact as that usually results in a "denial of service" attack). As I have fairly strong views on the subjects we discuss, I have tried to withdraw myself from the role of moderator. In my opinion they do a great job. They were selected for this thankless task because of the way they have conducted themselves on the forum. So far, I have had no difficulty in agreeing with the decisions that they have made.

John's back! Welcome back.

"Welcome back Andy."

"John's back! Welcome back."

Hey Myra, you're starting to sound like "the hostess with the mostest." :)