The Education Forum

Complaints thread - Political Conspiracies

Evan Burton

There seems to be a chunk of posts missing from the "The case of Len Colby" thread, from the eve of 8/15 through 8/16. Anyone know what hapened there?

If this was done to remove a bunch of offensive posts, OK, but I noticed no new posts were getting listed in the thread history (which is how I see the stream of posts on my computer) starting late on 8/15 and this seemed like a glitch in the software.

There seems to be a chunk of posts missing from the "The case of Len Colby" thread, from the eve of 8/15 through 8/16. Anyone know what hapened there?

If this was done to remove a bunch of offensive posts, OK, but I noticed no new posts were getting listed in the thread history (which is how I see the stream of posts on my computer) starting late on 8/15 and this seemed like a glitch in the software.

Very interesting, Peter. Good catch.

I can think of no more cowardly and underhanded an act than "disappearing" posts without notification to readers.

Does a Forum moderator and/or owner care to comment?

Has Peter discovered this Forum's 18-and-a-half minute gap?

We jump from

post #85, time/date-stamped 5:28 AM Daylight Savings Time, East Coast, USA/August 12

TO

post 86, time/date stamped 8:38 AM/August 16

To my vivid recollection, there wasn't anything approaching a four-day lull in posts on this thread.

Has a moderator and/or an owner in fact removed posts?

If so, is he or she responsible to so inform readers?

Before anyone offers an official response, be advised that I may have the means to access all posts made on this thread.

Charles

Thanks for the plugs, Dawn, but there is absolutely no sane reason to de-cypher "Colby" with a response.

The two of you focus on an ancillary point because of the weakness of your case in the matter under question. In post #88 of this thread “Drago” admitted the witch-hunt he, you and others were engaged in violated forum rules but he bizarrely claimed that this was somehow justified by John’s post in the “Len Colby” thread. This of course was clearly the complete opposite of his (John’s) intention. I called “Drago” on his absolute misreading (post # 90) and he claimed he would reply “within 12 hours” (post # 93). But like so many of his promises this one was not kept. Presumably the reason for this is that the obvious finally dawned on him and he realized he had completely misunderstood so he resorted to ambiguity, insults and distraction (posts # 97 & 100).

I really couldn’t care less if the person posting as Charles Drago is indeed Charles Drago or Drarles Chago or Charles Manson he contributes nothing of value to this part of the forum.

Although I do acknowledge "his" extraordinary originality -- placing my names within quotation marks (or inverted commas, if anyone so prefers).

Wherever did "Colby" come up with the idea???

You just can't put a price tag on that level of wit.

Look up the word reciprocity in a dictionary oh and speaking of a lack of originality, who just tried to pass off some old Redd Foxx jokes as his own?

I've never stolen a joke in my life.

(Exposed a few? Guilty.)

And there are countless people who can back me up on this.

Take my wife. Please.

Once upon a time, my wife told me that she wanted me to take her, for our anniversary, to somewhere she had never been before.....I told her "Well how about the kitchen?"

:clapping

'Len Colby' wrote:

[...]

I really couldn’t care less if the person posting as Charles Drago is indeed Charles Drago or Drarles Chago or Charles Manson he contributes nothing of value to this part of the forum.

After the Len 'Colby' Brazil exposure you're might testy these days.

[...]

...Look up the word reciprocity in a dictionary oh and speaking of a lack of originality, who just tried to pass off some old Redd Foxx jokes as his own?

Well, not only did Old Redd Foxx live in the neighborhood, its known by many of his Las Vegas neighbors (also those that regularly sat around Las Vegas card rooms with him) are quick to note; whenever Redd appeared on television he could deliver just one 'original' line from his act: "he can smoke". That s it.

Now, where have you heard an original Redd 'Sanford' Foxx joke, Mr. Brazil? Wikipedia your best friend these days?

'Len Colby' wrote:

[...]

Wrong as usual David, like lots of people I use a screen name on other forums. But this subject has been declared verboten so I’ll leave it at that.

...Look up the word reciprocity in a dictionary oh and speaking of a lack of originality, who just tried to pass off some old Redd Foxx jokes as his own?

Well, not only did Old Redd Foxx live in the neighborhood, its known by many of his Las Vegas neighbors (also those that regularly sat around Las Vegas card rooms with him) are quick to note; whenever Redd appeared on television he could deliver just one 'original' line from his act: "he can smoke". That s it.

Now, where have you heard an original Redd 'Sanford' Foxx joke, Mr. Brazil? Wikipedia your best friend these days?

You do know that Foxx had a stand up career that long predated his appearance on TV? He was one of the funniest men ever to grace this planet, Drago is to Foxx what a kid who can barely do the doggy paddle is to Michael Phelps. I’ve been listening to his “party albums” since long before Al Gore invented the internet or I had any idea who you or Drago or anybody else here was. I doubt anybody else wrote this stuff it is my understanding that comics on the “Chitlin’ Circuit” wrote their own material.

Do yourself a favor listen to Foxx’s “Mother Frockers and Cork Soakers” and some of his other skits warning all of them violated the forum’s obscenity rule.

http://www.rhapsody.com/reddfoxx/thebestof...kerscorksoakers

Unfortunately that won’t play for folks like me who are outside the US, here is the 1st 30 seconds of the above mentioned routine.

http://sample.music.yahoo.com/radio/client...mp;sids=1273860

'Len Colby' wrote:

[...]

Wrong as usual David, like lots of people I use a screen name on other forums. But this subject has been declared verboten so I’ll leave it at that.

You do know that Foxx had a stand up career that long predated his appearance on TV? He was one of the funniest men ever to grace this planet, Drago is to Foxx what a kid who can barely do the doggy paddle is to Michael Phelps. I’ve been listening to his “party albums” since long before Al Gore invented the internet or I had any idea who you or Drago or anybody else here was. I doubt anybody else wrote this stuff it is my understanding that comics on the “Chitlin’ Circuit” wrote their own material.

Do yourself a favor listen to Foxx’s “Mother Frockers and Cork Soakers” and some of his other skits warning all of them violated the forum’s obscenity rule.

Unfortunately that won’t play for folks like me who are outside the US, here is the 1st 30 seconds of the above mentioned routine.

Len, me wrong? LMAO!... Redd *Sanford* Foxx lived a few doors from me, right off Eastern, for many years... back then Las Vegas was a small place. You knew he lived in Las Vegas, yes? You play poker, Len? Ya couldn't keep Redd out of the Dunes cardroom. He couldn't win either.

So tell us about Al Gore inventing the internet, Len. Seems to me your digging in the wrong cesspool again.....

p.s. I heard all the acts LIVE, Len. Some of them in the Dunes cardroom, twice....

Edited by David G. Healy

'Len Colby' wrote:

[...]

Len, me wrong? LMAO!... Redd *Sanford* Foxx lived a few doors from me, right off Eastern, for many years... back then Las Vegas was a small place. You knew he lived in Las Vegas, yes? You play poker, Len? Ya couldn't keep Redd out of the Dunes cardroom. He couldn't win either.

So tell us about Al Gore inventing the internet, Len. Seems to me your digging in the wrong cesspool again.....

p.s. I heard all the acts LIVE, Len. Some of them in the Dunes cardroom, twice....

I was not aware the Dunes supported Old maid, Crazy 8's and Go Fish.

Thats the only way I could figure you would be in those card rooms David...unless....of course.....you were serving drinks.

'Len Colby' wrote:

[...]

Thats the only way I could figure you would be in those card rooms David...unless....of course.....you were serving drinks.

sitdown Sgt. Mikey... when I need you I'll ring... so, let me know when your in Vegas.... till then I was speaking with buddy Len Brazil Colby.

Btw, Sgt Mikey, I noticed you were nosing around some of John Ritchson old posts. Old JohnR could of taught you a few things Sgt. Mikey. Not getting your ducks in a row are ya? If so, good idea..... We're gonna want to hear from your sniper buddies as to LHO prowess. We've got a few lined up?

So, cocktail sir? Oh, you don't have a room key? Sorry! Ya don't pass go LMAO.....

Edited by David G. Healy

'Len Colby' wrote:

[...]

sitdown Sgt. Mikey... when I need you I'll ring... so, let me know when your in Vegas.... till then I was speaking with buddy Len Brazil Colby.

Btw, Sgt Mikey, I noticed you were nosing around some of John Ritchson old posts. Old JohnR could of taught you a few things Sgt. Mikey. Not getting your ducks in a row are ya? If so, good idea..... We're gonna want to hear from your sniper buddies as to LHO prowess. We've got a few lined up?

So, cocktail sir? Oh, you don't have a room key? Sorry! Ya don't pass go LMAO.....

David,

I doubt you know enough about anything to know who could teach who. But I do find amusement in your incoherent babble, do continue.

Your opening your mouth, and doubt is quickly fading.

Mike

The thread is degenerating into a tit-for-tat slugfest, seeing who can make the most cutting reply. It is meant for specific complaints: against the forum, the moderators, the admins, or me. Others are to be directed in accordance with the forum rules, but "open season" still remains active towards me.

If you want to vent your bile against me, then do so here.

If you have complaints against the Forum, mods, or admins, then make them here and they will be referred onwards or dealt with here.

If you want to start bickering amongst yourself, then your posts will be made invisible.